Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Forty-One: Blood Wedding ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The day was finally here. Valentina stood in the mirror in her room. Her mother's wedding dress clung to her skinny frame. This was it. Something old. Something new. Something borrowed. Something blue. Her dress was old. Her veil was new. Her stockings were borrowed. Her jewelry was blue. Tears formed in her eyes.

“Daddy…” she said. Her loss still stung. He's not here. It hurt to think that.

There was a knock on her door.

“Yeah?” the bride asked.

“Are you ready to go?” one of her men asked. Valentina lifted her chin.

“Yeah!” she shouted. The mob princess turned as the door opened. Time to get this over with.

----------

On the outside, everything was set. Boris cocked his gun. Twelve of them. Today had to be perfect. This wedding had to go off without a hitch.

“Here,” he said. Boris grabbed Mikhael's tie and straightened it.

“There. You could at least look like you care,” he said with a huff.

“Well, I don't know how to tie a tie,” the groom said. Boris gave him a weird look.

“You're kidding,” he said. Mikhael shook his head.

“No,” he said. The gangster frowned.

“Whatever,” he said, waving him off. “Just go inside.”

“Yes sir,” Mikhael said. He turned and walked into the courthouse. Boris watched before pulling out his phone.

“Everything set?” he asked. The man listened for a moment.

“Good,” he said. “You may begin.” Boris turned and walked into the courthouse.

----------

Valentina arrived at noon. She looked like a Russian princess. Her bodyguards walked her into the building.

Inside, Mikhael waited nervously. This wasn't going to last long. Just say the vows, sign the paper, and leave. Should be easy, right? He closed his eyes and took a breath.

“I can do this,” he said. This wasn't going to be a big wedding. Just the couple, Boris, and some of the men. Everyone was almost here.

Outside, everyone was in place. Guns were in hand. It was a good day for a wedding. It was also a good day for a clean-up. Those loyal to Valentina had the same idea.

Everyone was in place. Now to make the first move.

---------

“Please take your seat,” the official said. The guests sat down.

Three shots. Vlad tracked three of them at one of their safe houses. They didn't suspect a thing.

“We are gathered here today to witness the holy union between Valentina and Mikhael.”

Eight shots. Eight dead in Chinatown.

Valentina says her vows. Proper with no emotion.

Two shots. They die and people panic.

Mikhael says his vows. Eyes on his back. This is for his mother. For his mother. He has to save her. This was all for her. Will he and the bride have to kiss? How will that work? Would they have to…

Six more shots. Two in a waiting room. One in the men's room. And two in the hospital garden. They drop like flies.

“Do you, Mikhael Kvasha, take Valentina to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, `til death do you part?”

“I do.”

Twelve more shots. All over the pachinko parlor. One nearly lived and tried to escape. Two shots wasted him.

“Do you, Valentina Popova, take Mikhael to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, `til death do you part?”

“I do.”

Ten more shots. Almost done. There were three more left. The wedding was almost over.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Valentina took the initiative. It was a quick kiss. Mikhael was shocked when it was over. That was it. The wedding was over.

Two shots. There was one missing. They couldn't get the head of the serpent. Where did he go? The men were still looking. Boris got the call. This would not do.

“Time to change plans,” he said. The man hung up and joined the wedding party on their way to the reception. The newly wedded couple were none the wiser.

Blood Wedding