Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Magic Crusaders ❯ The Otherworlder ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

My first media miner fan fiction. All the characters in this Fiction are created by me, although the descriptions of the characters are from the website
www.Seventhsanctum.com.
 
Excellent website. A lot of my inspiration will come from it. If you want to borrow my characters, you have to ask!! No Plagiarism. Please review, I don't care if they are all flames, I just want to see how I'm doing. Without further adieu…
 
Chapter One
The Stranger of the lost world
By: Angel Cat.
 
 
The fall sun rose brightly in the ancient town of Opaopa. The town itself shown in a radiant beauty that other towns and cities failed to match. It laid northwest in the world of Dujokea. The weather was pleasant and sunny and the town harvested a vast amount of grain, fruit, and meat. Along with such spender and beauty was the rising threat of domination within the other races scattered across the world. Opaopa was dominated by humans.
 
As the sun begin to rise peacefully on Opaopa, its villagers awoke to start their daily chores around the farm. In one small hut in the heart of Opaopa is where our story begins.
 
Kenda Oculon, an Opaopa native, watched the sunrise from the window. In her view was the Opaopa cemetery, where her mother was laid to rest not more than five years ago. It took some begging to her father, but he gave in to the idea of letting her have the room with the cemetery in its sight. It was as if she wasn't truly alone.
 
“Kenda” he fathers deep voice shook the tiny hut. “ Time for you to go to the market!”
 
Kenda rolled her eyes. Every Sunday her father would send her to the market for food and supplies, her father never wanted to do it. He had been way too busy with farm work to do things like clean or cook.
 
“I'm coming, father” She called back, taking one last glance at her mother's grave before reading herself for the market. She pulled her long, black hair into a ponytail. She checked herself in the mirror. Her green eyes shined brilliantly. She quickly dressed and was out the door. The sun's rays were warm despite the sudden chill of fall. Kenda saw her father and a few more men from the village help one another bring a herd of Yale back inside of the caged prairie. She waved at her father, who smiled and waved back. She was off.
 
The market was as crowded as it usually was on a Sunday. Hundreds of men, women, and children running around. Buying, selling. The market was a muck. Kenda quickly found shelter in on old, rundown pub.
 
Inside, the pub stood nearly empty. The only occupants being the bartender, An elder elf named Able, and three old witches. She sat herself on a stool at the bar, Able turned to face her, a smile growing on his face.
 
“Dear, sweet Kenda! Whatever brings you here?”
 
“Its too hectic out there, Can't move a damn muscle in that mess”
 
“Watch your tongue, pretty girl” One of the old witches began “We don't want it fed to the otherworlder!” The witch cracked a wrinkly smile.
 
“Hold your tongue, hag!” Able growled. The old witch frowned. Able continued his work, cleaning dusty glasses and washing down the counter. Kenda was now overcome with pure curiosity. “Otherworlder?”
 
The wicked old witch smiled. The other two looked at her in pure terror.
 
“Don't do it, Gabrielle!” One of her friends whispered.
 
“She's' way too young to hear it….” Began the other.
 
“Oh come off it, I'm seventeen! Please tell be about this Otherworlder.”
 
Kenda gave the old witch her undivided attention, despite the angry muttering from Able and the whispers of the other witches. Gabrielle spoke softly “Reports of this mysterious stranger have been reported all over Dujokea. Although many have clamed to have seen this stranger, few could give us details.” She paused for a small bit. After taking a sip of her whisky, she continued “ A youthful male….black hair…yet always wearing a satin cloak.” She stopped. Kenda waited patiently, but Gabrielle said nothing.
 
After a while waiting “Why is this guy a problem?”
 
“Oh right” She cackled lightly “He's a thief. He stole the most important item in this world. The Trinity Stone”
 
Kenda gasped. The Witches nodded in unison. “But the Trinity Stone is the most powerful stone in our universe. Whoever owns it__”
 
“Has everlasting powers.” Rasped Able, dropping the glass.
 
“But if he had everlasting powers, wouldn't he be ruling our world by now?” Kenda piped.
 
 
She continued to sip at her whiskey. “Maybe he's waiting. No one knows exactly why he waits.”
 
Kenda rolled her eyes. “Whatever you say, Elder”
 
The three witches cackled, “You doubt my tale? You throw my word in the ground. Its your funeral…”
 
A sudden shriek filled the dusty air. Kenda jumped up in fright. Able ran to the door, peaking out. Whatever caught his eye drained him from all color. “I-it's him” he choked out before falling to the ground. Fainted.
 
“Get out of here, child,” The old witch hissed. “Averada!” In a puff of purple smoke, and the witch trio disappeared.
 
Kenda was all alone in the pub. The screams died down. She was petrified. She gaised out at the door. A hooded figure entered, blocking the sunlight. The last thing Kenda saw before blacking out was a pair of cold, blue eyes.
 
End chapter one.
 
Did you like. Maybe I should try to make the chapters longer. But that's all I can write right now. I f I get more time than I'll write longer chapters. Please review!!!