Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Muma Oni - The Succubus Demon ❯ Two for One ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ina was dressed in an apron, standing next to a stove, holding a pot over the open flame. She smiled the entire time as she cooked, thinking of Sato’s face when he’d see this. “This year, things will be different,” she said. “I think I’m finally ready to let Kannin know how I really feel. He’s going to be so surprised when he gets this.”

***

Muma rolled on the floor of the sitting room, restless. She sat up and leaned her elbow on the table, looking at the television. “I’m so bored,” she said. “Why didn’t Sati want me to watch him train today?”

“Muma, what’re you doing home?” asked Pinaka as she came in from the kitchen. “Shouldn’t you be at work?”

“No,” Muma said glumly. “They fired me. Obviously it’s wrong to hit customers when they have the nerve to grope you first. My boss told me, ‘The customer’s always right.’ Well how can they be right about touching my butt?”

“I know what you mean,” said Pinaka as she sat next to Muma.

Muma sniffed the air, smelling something sweet. “Are you making something?” she asked Pinaka.

“Yes,” Pinaka said. “I’m making some sweets for tomorrow. I thought it would be nice to surprise the boys. Of course, for Grandpa I’m using artificial sweetener.”

“Why for tomorrow?” Muma asked. “Is there something going on?”

“You don’t know?” Pinaka said, raising an eyebrow. “It’s Valentine’s Day.”

“What’s Valentine’s Day?”

“Well, it’s a day when a girl who has a special someone in mind makes chocolate for that person. She gives it to him and hopes that he likes it. Some myths say that if the boy does like it, and returns the favor on Saint White’s Day next month, then the two are destined to be together forever.”

Muma’s eyes widened as she stared at Pinaka. “Is that really true?”

“Some people believe so.”

Muma gripped Pinaka and said pleadingly, “You have to help me make some chocolate for Sati! Please!”

Pinaka’s eye twitched as she smiled. “Well, I suppose I can. Come on, let’s go to the market. We’ll pick up some stuff and start right away.”

***

Sato and Grandpa rushed at each other hard, both swinging their wooden swords with hard intent on hurting the other. Sato swung up. Grandpa parried fast, knocking Sato off balance. Grandpa darted in fast and forced the side of the wooden blade against Sato’s chest, taking his grandson to the ground.

“Ow,” said Sato, holding a hand to his chest. The wind had been knocked out of him hard.

“You still have much to learn,” Grandpa said. “You must never let your opponent into your defense.”

“Right,” Sato said as he stood. “So Grandpa, can we get something to eat now? We’ve been at this since I got home from school.”

Grandpa nodded. “Yes, I think that’ll be fine. The scent of Pinaka’s delicious cooking is on the air.”

Sato and Grandpa began to head back to the house. Sato laughed and commented, “Pinaka may be a big klutz, but she’s a great cook, huh?”

“Yes. We’re quite lucky to have her under our roof.”

Sato opened the front door of the house. They were greeted by a loud ringing and smoke that filled the air. “What’s going on?” he cried.

“It’s coming from the kitchen,” Grandpa said calmly.

Sato raced through the sitting room to the kitchen. He opened the door and instantly began choking on the black smoke. He dropped to his knees, covering his mouth with his gi and looked around. “Pinaka, what’s going on?” he asked, seeing Pinaka’s legs under the smoke.

He saw Pinaka cross the kitchen swiftly, and then the smoke disappeared, being blown out of the backdoor by Jira who had turned into a large fan.

“Whew,” said Pinaka, wiping sweat from her brow. She looked around at Muma sitting in a corner, covered in black. “Well, don’t worry, Muma, it was only your first time. You’ll get the hang of it.” She then spotted Sato on the floor at the doorway. “Oh, hello Sato. Didn’t see you there.”

Sato straightened, clearing his throat of the smoke. “What’s going on in here?”

“I’m teaching Muma how to cook,” Pinaka said. “Did you need something, dear?”

“Um, yeah,” Sato said, smiling softly. “Grandpa and I are done with our training, and we’re kinda hungry.”

Pinaka looked to her watch. “Oh no, I lost track of time. Just wait in the sitting room, Sato, and I’ll get dinner ready.”

“Thanks, Pina,” Sato said, turning back into the sitting room.

Muma sighed. “I’m never going to be able to make chocolate for Sati,” she said. “He’s never going to like me.”

“We’ll start again after dinner,” Pinaka said as she pulled out pots and pans. “Trust me, Muma, by the time we’re done tonight, you’ll have made the best chocolate Sato’s ever tasted.”

Muma smiled. “Thanks, Pina.”

***

Sato tapped the button on the alarm clock, bringing it to instant silence. He sat up and ruffled his hair, then stretched with a huge yawn. “Think I have a crick in my neck,” Sato said, massaging his left shoulder.

There was a rap at his door. “Come in,” he called. The door slid open and Muma entered. Sato looked up at him and froze, feeling his face become hot.

For the first time Muma had her hair tamed and pulled back in a fluffy ponytail. The only outfit he had ever really seen her in was her school uniform, but she was dressed different today. She had on a purple frilly blouse with a low cut neck, revealing her cleavage. With the boost of her breasts, it was obvious she had a bra on, unlike she normally did. She wore a short, dark blue skirt, and under she wore pantyhose that gave her legs a bronze tan look.

“Good morning, Sati,” she said shyly. “I wanted to make sure you’re not late this morning. I’ll see you at school, okay?”

“Yeah,” Sato said, unable to lift his jaw.

Muma left the room and Sato got dressed. Before leaving the room he checked his calendar as he always did. He put his finger on the large thirteen. “Great,” he said with a sigh, “tomorrow’s Valentine’s Day. And once again I’m going to have to hide during lunch from all those crazy girls.”

He walked across his room and picked up his book bag then left. He walked down the stairs and stopped for a second at the door to put on his shoes. He turned and saw Pinaka in the sitting room with Jira. “I’m off to school now, Pina. Have a good day.”

“You too, Sato! Happy Valentine’s Day!” Pinaka called after him.

Sato froze. “No,” he said, turning back to her. “Is it really that day?”

Pinaka smiled at him and nodded.

***

“What’s with you, Kannin?” Hitemaru asked as the two hid during lunchtime. “You’re one of the most liked guys in school, yet you don’t try finding yourself a good girl.”

Sato looked down from the tree the two were in. “I’m just not ready to have a girlfriend, that’s all,” he said.

“I found out something surprising today,” Hitemaru said.

“What’s that?” asked Sato, popping a small doughnut into his mouth.

“You have one extra girl who wants to give you chocolate this year. I bet you won’t be able to guess who.” Sato turned to look at Hitemaru. Hitemaru laughed. “Hirashi had a wrapped box in her bag. I saw it fall out when she pulled out her pencil box.”

“I doubt it’s for me,” said Sato. “We’ve made clear with each other plenty of times that we’re just friends.”

“Maybe she’s ready to take it to the next level.”

“Kannin, are you hiding out again?”

Sato and Hitemaru exchanged looks with each other, and then looked down at Ina standing at the base of the tree. “Hey, Hirashi!” Hitemaru called down, nudging Sato.

“Kannin, can you come down?” Ina asked. “Let’s go somewhere where no one will find us. We need to have a talk.”

“Like I said,” Hitemaru said to Sato, winking.

***

Sato and Ina circled behind the school where no one was. He turned to her and asked, “So, what’s up? What did you need to talk to me about?”

“I think it’s been a long time coming for this, Kannin,” Ina said. She twisted the top of her book bag in her hands. “I’ve known this for a long time, but it seems oblivious to you. Kannin, since we were kids I––”

Ina stopped as a pair of hands reached from the wall and grabbed Sato. “Wait, no!” Ina called, reaching for him.

“What’s going on?” Sato cried as he melted through the wall.

The room was dark. Sato couldn’t see anything. A light clicked on suddenly and Sato found himself face to face with Muma. “Hey, Sati,” she said, her face slightly red.

“Um, hi,” Sato said as he looked around. “Where are we?”

“A broom closet on the east wing,” Muma said. “I wanted to talk with you, Sati.”

“About what?”

Muma showed him the box of chocolates she had worked on all night for him. “Pina told me about the meaning of Valentine’s Day. All I have to do is give you chocolates and you’ll like me, right?”

Sato scratched the back of his head. “There’s a little more to it than that,” he said. “First of all, the guy has to like you.”

Muma slowly held the box to her chest, looking like she was about to cry. “I see, Sati. So, you don’t like me then.”

“No, I didn’t mean that! I mean, we’re friends, but that’s all there is.”

“I see,” Muma said, hugging the chocolates tighter. “I worked so hard on them. Pina and I stayed up all night until I finally got them right. I made them just for you, Sati.” A tear dropped from Muma’s cheek.

“You really worked hard on them, huh?” Muma nodded. Sato sighed and said, “If it really means that much to you, then okay, I accept.”

Muma looked up, her eyes glittering. “You mean it?”

Sato crossed his arms and nodded. “Yeah, just don’t say anything to Hirashi.”

“Oh, thank you Sati!” Muma cried, wrapping her arms tight around Sato.

The door to the broom closet wrenched open and Ina stood there, the look of the devil in her eyes. Sato had no time to say anything before he was pulled from the closet and dragged down the hall with Muma calling after him.

“Hirashi, hang on!” Sato said, trying to fight Ina off, but her grip remained intact.

Ina pulled Sato to a clear area and shoved him against the wall. He tried to speak but was instantly silenced by her. They remained there for minutes, neither exchanging any words. Ina kept her head low, her eyes concealed by her bangs.

Finally Sato pulled Ina’s hand from his mouth and asked, “What’s wrong, Hirashi?”

“You were going to accept hers, weren’t you?”

“Well, she seems kinda desperate to have me accept her. When she starts crying like that it’s hard to say no.”

“Is it because she’s cuter than me? Is it because she got dressed up just for you in something sexy and I’m still wearing just my school uniform?”

“Hirashi, what’re you talking about?”

“Take it,” Ina said calmly, shoving her box of chocolates into Sato’s hands. She hesitated a moment, seeing the shocked look on Sato’s face, and then spun away from him and walked off.

“Hirashi,” Sato mumbled, looking down at the chocolates.

Muma appeared from out of the wall. Sato was quick to shove Ina’s chocolates down his pants to hide them from Muma’s view. Muma cuddled against Sato’s chest and looked up at him pleadingly. “Are you still going to take my chocolates?” she asked.

“Yeah,” said Sato hesitantly, taking the chocolates from Muma’s hands. “Thank you for your hard work, Muma.”

Muma smiled cheerfully. “You’re welcome, Sati! I’ll see you in class!”

Muma raced off. Sato sighed and looked to the chocolates. “I’m gonna have one hell of a stomachache,” he said.

***

The month had gone by fast, and Saint White’s Day had come. Sato was busy in the kitchen making chocolate under Pinaka’s watchful eye.

“This must be an exciting day, huh?” Pinaka asked.

“I suppose,” Sato said.

After forming the chocolate in the exact shapes he needed, he stuck them in the freezer for an hour. He brought them out and sighed as he looked at them. “Things just don’t get any better, do they?” he said.

He rushed up to Muma’s room and knocked on the door. She answered, surprised to see him. Sato handed her the chocolates. “Here, Muma,” he said. “Happy Saint White’s Day.”

Muma’s face went red. “Um, thank you, Sati.”

“No prob,” said Sato, heading back down the stairs. He headed out the front door and stopped as he saw Ina heading up the walkway toward him.

“Hey, Kannin!” she called. “What’s up?”

“Nothing,” said Sato. “I’m heading to the shrine to do my chores. You wanna help?”

“Sure,” Ina answered.

They walked up the path together to the shrine. Sato brought out two brooms and handed one to Ina and they began to sweep the path.

“How has your training been going?” Ina asked.

“Not bad,” Sato replied. “Grandpa hasn’t been making me train as hard nowadays, but I still keep myself in shape of course.”

“That’s cool,” Ina said.

Sato stopped sweeping and moved toward Ina. He placed a hand on the top of her broom, catching her attention. Without warning he leaned in and pressed his lips against hers. She was shocked at the movement on Sato’s part, but she relaxed, closing her eyes, enjoying the moment.

Sato took a step back and gazed at Ina. Her face was red. She opened her eyes and looked up at Sato. “What was that for?” she asked.

Sato shrugged. “I just figured it’s been a long time coming.” He moved away from her and began sweeping again.