Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 3, Chapter Twenty-Three: Reconciliation ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reconciliation
*Shizuma*
I sat up looking annoyed. Annette! I knew I wasn't hallucinating either. (Ha! I wish I was though!) I sat up glaring at Annette! What the hell did she want? The bitch kept looking upon me with mercy.
“Hello Shizuma,” she said in a soft voice. I kept glaring at her.
“What do you want?” I hissed at her. She just knelt down to me. I looked away from her.
 
*Annette*
I breathed in hard. I had to get this off of my chest. Shizuma was in a bad way. He looked he needed motivation. Now, I'm not a bitter person. My grandmother taught me to be humble and gracious at all times. I breathed in hard again. I know she never met Shizuma. Because, she would've never told me that. But, everyone deserves a second chance. Shizuma, as heartless as he is to me, deserves one too. He looks like he really needs it. Well, here goes.
“I just want to talk,” I admitted. He still didn't look at me.
“How did you find this place?” he hissed at me. I tried to stay merciful.
“Yuki told me,” I replied. He said nothing. I pushed myself to keep going.
“I saw you lying there looking sick and pale,” I went on.
“So?” he asked. I pushed myself to keep talking. I paused and swallowed again to gather my thoughts together.
“What do you want?!?” Shizuma hissed. I was nervous for a second, but tightened up again. I have to do this. No backing down no!
“I don't know how to say this,” I began again. “But I just have to say this.” He rolled his eyes at me. I pressed on yet again. “What I want,” I went on. “Is to say that I forgive you.” Shizuma turned o me with big eyes of shock. I felt odd for saying it now. But I couldn't stop. It just had to come out now.
 
*Shizuma*
Okay, I wasn't expecting this. What the hell is she talking about? Where did this come from? I stared at her like she was crazy.
“What?” I asked her. Annette kept her eyes locked on me.
“I forgive you,” she repeated strongly. I kept staring at her oddly.
“For what?” I asked. Annette drew in another breath. She reached forward to touch me, but I flinched away. Annette drew back her hand.
“Sorry,” she said. We were silent for a moment. Then, Annette spoke again.
“You see,” she went on. “I try to be your friend. But we end up fighting.” I kept watching her.
“So?” I asked her. Annette sat up straighter.
“Yuki hates it when we fight,” she told me. “I care about him deeply. I want to stop fighting with you for Yuki's sake.” Now, I was confused. For Yuki's sake. Why is she throwing him into this conversation? What is she up to?
“What are you saying?” I asked her boldly. Annette pressed her lips together. I have come to learn her well. This girl presses her lips together when she's about to say something uncomfortable.
“Go on,” I said. “Spit it out! You might as well!” Annette drew in a deep breath.
“I think we should try to be friends!” she blurted out. I stared her with big eyes again. Okay… I wasn't expecting this! She's giving me the olive branch. But why? What is she up to?
“Why?” I asked. Annette sat up straighter.
 
*Annette*
“Because,” I began. “I already have enough problems of my own. Petty fights are just too tiring for me. So can we please just be nice to each other for Yuki's sake?” I noticed the look in his eyes. Shizuma seemed to be interested that I too had problems in my life. I know this, because he kept staring at me.
“You have problems?” he asked me in bitter surprise.
“Yeah,” I replied. He leaned in close and stared at me. I couldn't tell what he was thinking next. I suspected that he would laugh at me for saying such things.
But instead, Shizuma told me, “Oh, do tell.” I pressed my lips together again and drew in a deep breath. Could I do it? Could I actually open up to someone besides Yuki for change? I'll have to. Anything to keep building the bridge between Shizuma and I.
 
*Shizuma*
I listened to Annette pour her heart out about her grandmother and her now out of reach dreams. Usually, I find girls annoying when they tell me about their problems. But, Annette was different. I actually had a new respect for her. My perfect Barbie image I had of her was dead. Annette seemed human now. Well, I'll just humor her for now.
“I'm so sorry to heart that,” I told her. Annette was trying not to cry now.
“So can we stop fighting?” she asked. I smiled at her with my demon smile.
“Okay,” I replied. “But if you hot on my Yuki, you're dead!” Annette looked at me shocked and disgusted.
“Hit on him?!?” she asked almost shouting. “Ewww!” She looked as if she saw the bloody insides of a human being. I raised an eyebrow at her.
“What's wrong?” I asked her. Annette kept looking at me like I was crazy.
“Yuki's like my little brother!” she yelled to me. “You can have him if you want! I even give you my blessing!” I was pleasantly surprised by her outburst.
“Really?” I asked her.
“Yes!” Annette cried out. I smiled at her again. Well, okay. Looks like Ms. Annette is no real threat after all. This friendship deal between us could work. For then on, Annette became the second human that I would can to befriend.
New Ally