Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 8, Chapter Sixty-One: Call Me Love ( Chapter 61 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Call Me Love

-Katsuya-

Annette will be going overseas in a couple of weeks. I might not get to see her for a while. So it's not or never. But first, I have to do something before that could happen.

How does one go about confession love? Does it have to be so dramatic? That just feels like something out of a J-drama or an anime. Still, I have to be confident about it. I can do this. What's the worst that could happen? Rejection? That's fine. If she said no, we could at least be friends.

I took in a breath. Right, I could do this.

I called her up on graduation day. I had already rehearsal what I was going to say. I just needed to go ahead and do it.

“Hello?” Annette asked on the other line. I sat up straight on my bed.

“Annette! How are you?” I asked.

“Good,” she said. “How is Yuki doing?”

“Good, I guess,” I said. “Listen, I need to tell you something.” There was a pause on the line.

“What is it?” Annette asked. I wasn't going to hold back. Just come out and say it.

“I like you!” I shouted. Another pause came over the other line.

“Hello?” I asked.

“What did you say?” she asked. I tried to push down my fear and not think the worst.

“Can you hear me?” I asked.

“Yeah, I heard you…” Annette said. I froze. I couldn't push her for a response.

“In what way?” she asked. I took in a deep breath.

“I really like you!” I said. “Please… date me.” Another pause came over the other line.

“Wow! Uh… Um…” she said. I held my tongue as I waited for her answer. Don't push her. Don't push her.

“How is that going to work?” she asked. “Are you saying you want a long-distance relationship?” I lifted my chin.

“Yes!” I said. I hadn't thought this through. But still, I didn't care.

“When do you have to leave?” I asked.

“In a couple of days,” Annette said. I took in a deep breath.

“Can we meet up and talk?” I asked.

“Alright,” she said after a pause. I slowly breathed out.

“I will come by your place,” I said. “Thank you so much.” I hung up the phone and held it to my chest. Okay. I told her how I felt. Now we're going to talk. That's a good sign, right? I frowned to myself. There was still one more thing to clear up.

I'm sure how he was going to handle this.

---------

This wasn't going to be easy. Yuki had been gone to New York for three days. I hadn't been in contact with him and the others lately either. I know, I've been a bad friend. I'll try and make it up to them later. I walked up to Yuki's front door and rang the bell. Already, I felt this was going to be awkward. Annette's been Yuki's best friend since they were kids. She's like a sister to him. How was he going to take this?

I stood up straight when the door opened. Asuka-san greeted me.

“Uh… hi,” I said.

“Oh, hello, Katsuya,” she said.

“Hello, Asuka-san,” I said. “Is Yuki here?”

“Yes,” she said. She turned and looked into the house.

“Yuki, you have a visitor!” Asuka-san shouted.

“Okay!” he said. She turned back to me.

“Would you like to come in?” she asked.

“Sure,” I said. I followed her into the house.

---------

I sat on the couch, waiting. How long has it been? Weeks? It didn't feel like it. What would I even say to him?

“Katsuya?” I heard. I turned to see Yuki standing in the doorway. My stomach dropped when I saw him. Yuki looked so warn out. What happened since graduation?

“Hey man, how have you been?” he asked.

“Good,” he said, nodding. “How have you been?”

“Good, good,” I said. “Uh…” How was I going to go about this? I might as well just come out and say it.

“Listen,” I said. “Um… Annette and I are dating now.” Yuki stared at me with big eyes.

“What?” he asked. I clenched my teeth.

“I'm sorry. I should've told you earlier,” I said.

“For how long?” he asked.

“A couple of weeks now,” I said. I pressed my palms together and bowed my head.

“I'm so sorry!” I said. Yuki blinked at me at first.

“Why are you telling me all of this?!” he yelled. I dropped down onto my knees on the floor, head bowed.

“Please give us your blessing!” I shouted. “I love her so much!” I could picture the look on his face.

“Uh…” Yuki said. I started praying in my head. Please yes! Please yes! Please yes! Please yes! Please yes!

“I guess…” Yuki said at last. I froze and lifted my head. Yuki had a confused look on face just like he did when I bowed to his feet.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“I mean, if she's happy and you love each other, then I think it should be okay,” he said. I jumped up and hugged him wildly.

“Thanks! You are the best!” I shouted. He nervously laughed in my ear. My long-distance future with Annette already looked so bright.

I'll be Her Man