Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Out Side of the Closet ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One—
 
My name is Casey Falito. By all appearances I am your average high school senior. I'm 5'9” with thick, curly, black hair and yellow-brown eyes, which I think are more orange. I play trombone in band, for eight years now. I am also captain the basketball team.
People consider me popular; I just say I'm well liked. I do well in school, mostly A's, a B or two here and there, and a wonderful set of parents plus a pain in the ass little brother.
I have what people think of as the `perfect' life but what they don't know could cost me some of the most important parts of it. The thing only one person knows and he wants me to tell everyone.
 
My name is Danny Archilo. I am part, alright half, Hispanic. My hair, eyes, and skin are all varying colors of brown. I'm close to 5'8”…actually more like just barely 5'7”. I play clarinet in band and can't throw a ball to save my life, though I can run. The 4 by 4 and 2 hundred meter are my tracks events, though I have done hurtles a time or two. I can normally get first or second in my main events…though hurtles not so much. Academics, not really my thing, though I pull off decent grades thanks to Casey.
Yes, then there's Casey. I've known him since first grade. And after having a very detailed discussion about glue and Play-Doh he and I have shared everything in ours lives…probably even more than most friends.
 
Casey walked down the hallway of Ferton High School. He was trying to come up with a topic for the English essay that was due tomorrow. Not paying attention he ran right into someone.
A shorter, Hispanic looking boy peered up at him from his new location on the ground. “Casey, are you okay? You just ran me over without even trying not to.”
Casey grinned down at Danny, “Sorry…I was trying to come up with an essay topic for English.” He offered Danny his hand and helped his friend up.
Casey having pulled Danny up brought the two within inches of each other. They stood there; gazing at the other for a moment, before Casey abruptly took a step back not wanting for the people around them to think anything weird was going on.
Danny sighed and shook his head, turning away from the taller boy, looking almost disgusted. Casey glared at him before following, “Don't be like that Danny.”
Danny stopped and turned around, “Then how should I be Casey? Should I smile when you get all jumpy, or should I ignore how you act around me now, oh or maybe I should just ignore you?”
Casey gritted his teeth, and ground out, “Why don't you act like you care, Danny?” This wasn't the time to talk about it, standing in the hallway at their high school, but they didn't have much of a choice now.
“I do care Casey. I have an idea of what you're going through, remember? It hasn't been a walk in the park for me either. And you freaking out in public every time I'm within two feet of you isn't helping me…or you…” he sighed before turning around again, “I'll see you tomorrow.”
Casey frowned; he knew everything that was going on was hard on Danny too. Maybe harder on him since he was dealing with his parents and he, himself, was being jumpy…but he couldn't help it. “Danny!” he ran to catch up. “Danny, aren't you coming over…you said you were earlier…I didn't mean to make you mad at me…” Casey said, trying to get Danny not to be angry with him anymore.
Danny glanced over at Casey, “Do you really still want me to come over? You do realize we just had a fight, right?”
Casey laughed a little bit, biting his lower lip, “Yeah, well, it was sorta my fault and making up is always a lot of fun.” His face showed apology as he looked down at the other boy, hoping he'd say yes.
Danny chuckled; they didn't normally get mad at each other and hardly ever fought. He knew the only reason they had been recently was mostly because they were both stressed out about very different yet similar things. “I suppose, when you put it that way, I could still come over. I need help with Pre-Calc anyway,” he said with a grin that told the other they wouldn't end up working on Pre-Calc much, if any, that evening.
Casey knew that grin told the truth, though Danny probably really didn't need the help on Pre-Calc but he could always help him later on weekend.
 
When they reached Casey's house there were no cars in the driveway. “Where are your parents?” Danny asked as Casey unlocked the door.
“Mom's at Tommy's soccer practice and my dad is out of town on business,” Casey relied with a mischievous look.
Danny returned it, “that means we have the house to ourselves until seven thirty.”
Casey nodded before grabbing Danny's hand and nearly dragging him into the house. Danny managed to close the door before Casey's lips met his in a sweet, long awaited caress. This had been their routine since the end of May eighth grade year. Wait until we're alone before we even so much as think about touching each other but as soon as that door closes all restraint is gone. Though for the first three years they'd done little more than make out.
Then this last summer, not long before the beginning of school, they finally had both felt ready to go further. So while Danny's parents were out at dinner they had headed up the stairs to Danny's room and lay down on the bed.
They had laid there for a time, kissing slowly each wondering who would make the first move. Eventually Danny had rolled over on top of Casey and it gone from there.
Danny had always been the one to make the first move it seemed. He'd started talking to Casey in first grade, he'd made the first hands at being gay, he'd make the first move in their relationship, he always seem to start it too, well mostly and he had out first.
It had been a couple of weeks after that night, they'd been laying on Casey's bed, their hands clasped between them, when Danny had rolled over to face Casey and said, “I'm going to come out…I'm going to tell my parents I'm gay.”
Casey had looked at him with a startled expression. They had never discussed coming out or what would happen if one of them did, especially if the other didn't. Casey stared at him for a moment before managing, “What…about me?”
Danny looked at him confused, “What about you?”
“Are you going to tell them about me…us?” Casey had asked a bit urgently, sitting up.
Danny's brows had furrowed as he sat up too, “Casey, calm down. I won't say anything about you. They don't have to know about us, not until you're ready.” Danny put a comforting arm around Casey, kissing him softly.
Casey had physically relaxed, kissing Danny back, leaning into him. But his mind kept wondering, what if Danny accidentally says something about me?
Yet Danny hadn't, he'd told his parents and some people at school, though just about everyone knew now, and that was sort of how they had gotten where they were now. Casey being jumpy that someone might guess that he was gay by the way he and Danny acted around each other, then that leading to Danny getting pissed off and them fighting.
He didn't like when he and Danny were mad at each other, so he was glad Danny had decided to still come over…well that and the fact that his tongue was in Danny's mouth and Danny's fingers were tangled in his hair as they stumbled their was down the hall to his bedroom.
He fumbled with the doorknob to his room, being in an awkward position to deal with it since he and Danny were still kissing and the knob was behind him, brushing against the back of his shirt.
Danny noticed his plight with the doorknob and dropping one of his hands from Casey's hair he easily turned the knob, opening the door. Once that was done, Danny lifted his hand placing it back in Casey's dark hair.
They made their way to the bed but before they got there Casey tripped over something he'd left lying on the ground and they both fell clumsily onto the bed. Danny blinked at the taller boy now under him before a grin spread across his face and he burst out laughing.
Casey chuckled a bit while saying, “Ow…Danny, you're heavy, get off.”
At Casey's complaint Danny's grin turned mischievous. “I thought this was how we were planning on ending up in the end anyway. So, if I move it would only be counter productive in the end.”
Casey frowned, knowing Danny was right and that no matter what he said next his boyfriend wasn't going to get off him…unless it was really convincing. “True,” he eventually relied, “but we're handing halfway off my bed and you're cutting the circulation to my lower half off, which is also counter productive, is it not?”
Danny chuckled and gave that one to Casey; rolling over s he was lying on his back next to him. The other boy rolled onto his side and peered over at his boyfriend. Soon they were laughing, and then kissing, then removing each other's and their own cloths.
 
When Casey's mom and brother arrived home the two boys were sitting on the couch watching a movie and eating popcorn. “Hey mom,” Casey said without looking over at them.
“Hi Mrs. Falito. Hey Tommy,” Danny said, throwing the two a smile before turning back to the movie.
“Oh, hi Danny,” Tracy Falito said with a smile to her son's best friend and added, “Hi honey.”
Casey glanced over at his mom, “Sometimes I think you like him more than me, mom.”
“Oh, Casey, you know that's not true,” his mom said with a smile as she headed up the stairs to her room.
Danny smiled and leaned over to whisper in Casey's ear, “I wonder if she'd like me as much if she knew what I just did with her son…?”
Casey glared at Danny though he was smiling, “let's not find out any time soon, honey.”
Danny raised his eyebrows and laughed, “Since when do you call me honey? I don't think I've ever, in the nearly 12 years I've known you and three and a half I've…”
“Ok, I get it Danny! I don't use words like that. I won't do it again,” Casey said stopping Danny from going any further.
Danny frowned, then grinned, “Who said I wanted you to never say those words again?”
Casey made a face, “Now it sounds like we were talking about something dirty.”
“Oh, look the movie's over,” Danny said, watching the names scroll across the screen.
Casey rolled his eyes and stood up to go take out the movie. He opened the DVD player and putting the disk back into the case asked, “Are you going home? Or are you sticking around?”
Danny shrugged, “Do you want me to stick around?”
“Well…you could stick around…” Casey said slowly, smiling a little.
Both boys then grinned at each other before Danny stood up and both of them took off for Casey's room.