Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 17: Seraj's Feelings ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell

Contract 17: Seraj's Feelings

XxXxXxXx

"I want answers and I want them now," Seraj was on to her and he wasn't going to let the girl get away with her plans any further. Whatever was going on was a product of both she and Lucifer. The boy knew for certain that she was one of the devil's minions in his plan.

"You and the rest of the world," Yaone remarked sarcastically. "Why are you here, anyway?"

"Tell me exactly what kind of ritual did you perform? What did you do to me to make all of this happen? You cast some kind of spell on me, didn't you?" Seraj fumed. There was no way that he would ever do any of what he did out of his own volition.

"You ask far too many questions…However, I can tell you what you want to know, if you calm down. I think it's time I let you in on my little plan." After all, Seraj could not turn back at this point. Telling him what she had done to him was easy at this point. There was nothing he could do to reverse it or get out of it.

"Plan? So, you did have a plan all along!" He had suspicions, but now they were all confirmed.

"I've already told you that. You should have been smart enough to get it by now." Honestly, it wasn't that hard to suspect her, and it wasn't as if Yaone was hiding anything.

"What have you been doing to me?" The Nepali could only imagine what sort of cruel things that were planned for him in the future. He had a feeling that a lot more was going on than her just messing with his mind.

"In a sense, I made you sell your soul to the devil."

Those words struck fear and disgust into the boy's heart. The revelation slammed into him like a freight liner. That explained everything, the incident with Sajani, Lucifer's appearances in his life, the murder and bloodshed, and even what he had done with the demonic man.

"What?"

"I wanted you to go to Lucifer to exact revenge against Sajani," the blonde explained. "You were so angry at the time; I thought I'd reel you in for sure. I decided to use that temper of yours to my advantage. Everything that's happened so far has been carefully orchestrated. Nothing that you've been through so far hasn't been planned."

"What?" Seraj seethed through gritted teeth as he clenched his fist. It took all of the strength in him to hold back from striking the girl. "You've been using me as a pawn this entire time? What about Ukayou? She was your friend!"

Maybe he had deserved this punishment, but Ukayou did not, and neither did Saionji or the others at the bridge. She was a murderer who killed everyone around her just to get to him.

"Sacrifices had to be made," Yaone's voice was sad as she glanced at the ground in guilt. "It's not as if I wanted her to die. When she died, it wasn't just to punish you for not listening to him. It was to punish me. You see…I was given a specific task by Lucifer-"

"So, you are in cahoots with him. I knew it!" Seraj deduced. She was just as bad as the devil, and she might as well have been a demon for all that she had put him through.

"It's not what you think at all," the blonde sighed at his assumptions.

"You're a Satanist. You expect me to believe that you wouldn't work for him just because you wanted to? Like someone like you would miss that opportunity," Seraj judged the blond. Why in the hell wouldn't she want to work for her god and idol? It would be like Jesus appointing someone for a task. It would be stupid to refuse such a thing.

"Stupid," Yaone dead panned. Seraj knew nothing of her life, but he was so quick to judge what he didn't know. Most humans were like this and that very fact irritated the girl to no end.

"How am I stupid? It's makes good, logical sense!" Seraj hated how she always made him seem simple-minded and ignorant.

"I'm doing it to repay a debt to Lucifer. I owe him a great deal for what he's done for me," the blue-eyed girl glanced to the ground in shame once more.

At times, she didn't even want to do what the devil made her do, but all the same, her undying loyalty wouldn't let her speak against his words. She was grateful to even be alive, considering what had happened to her.

"Oh? What did you god do to help you?" This he had to hear.

"I made him angry."

"So? I make him angry all of the time. I'm pretty sure that he's pissed off right now. For what I did to him, but…he's the one who used me," the boy crossed his arms and turned his head to the side with a look of irritation and disgust.

"You could never understand the true depths of his anger," Seraj may have irritated him, but she doubted that he had truly made Lucifer angry. "You think that if you keep being stubborn that he'll give up and leave you alone, but you're wrong. Lucifer will follow you until you give in to him, and it doesn't matter how you feel about it either. He'll wear on your nerves. He'll drive you insane. He'll kill everyone around you, and it will only be your fault. You can't just keep it between you and him. He involves other people when he knows that you're not affected. Lucifer will make you succumb to him, especially if you forge a contract with him."

"Sounds like you had some kind of past with Lucifer. So just who the hell are you, Yaone?" Seraj asked. One way or another, he was going to get to the bottom of this.

Yaone began to explain her ties to the black-winged angel in great detail. It turned out that her family had been Satanists for many generations. They had always held Lucifer on high, and she was raised on the same foundations that they were. Lucifer was her god, her everything. He was her raison de' etre. Her parents told her from her birth that she was destined to have an encounter with the man.

At the time, she didn't know what type of encounter it was supposed to be, but it somehow made her happy whenever she thought about it.

As she grew up, she did have her encounters with him, and they were all wonderful. She remembered the first time that she had laid eyes on the angel, and how he was the most beautiful man that she had ever seen. She mentioned his magnificent, outstretched wings and the Adonis physique that the spiky-haired demon possessed.

She couldn't help but be pulled in by his alluring charm. Little did she know that the encounters happened for a reason.

"What do you mean? Did Lucifer pick you or something?" Seraj asked.

"My parents sold my soul to the devil," Yaone replied.

"What? Don't you have to agree with that type of thing?" He was pretty sure that something like that seemed like it would have to be mutual.

"The deal was between Lucifer and my parents before I was born. You see…I was chosen to be the devil's bride."

"You…and Lucifer? You guys were going to get married as husband and wife?" Yaone was the devil's target before he was? While it was shocking, Seraj could see it. They were perfect for each other, which was why he didn't get why they weren't still with each other. Why did they have to single him out?

"Is it so shocking?" It made perfect sense to her. Of course she would have been the one to be chosen to be the devil's bride.

"Actually…no, but if you wanted to be with Lucifer so badly, then why the hell aren't you with him? Why are you trying to give me to him?" That was the part of her story that didn't make any sense. It just seemed pointless at this point in time to drag him into something so innocently. As a matter a fact, it pissed him off.

"At one point in time, I was madly in love with him. When I was fifteen, I adored him and I was happy with my destiny as his bride," Yaone explained. "However, to keep me at his side, he performed unspeakable tasks. Any man who ever was so much as kind to me was doomed to an ill-fate of death. That fact scared me, but I was only fifteen at the time. He frightened me, because he held me so gently, but ripped other's spines out with all of the sadistic glory of a horror movie monster.

“There was one man, however, who loved me more than anything. He was my best friend and closest confidant, Youn Kirakawa. I always went to him when I had problems with Lucifer, or my position as the Devil's Bride, and he always offered kind words of reassurance. He was one of the few men who believed what I had told them and wasn't afraid to go around me.

“At first, I was labeled as the man-killing creepy girl, and I had no friends. It depressed me beyond belief and when I was alone and hurt, he appeared and told me that all I needed was him, and I'd be happy. He told me that I didn't need to care about other's feelings and comforted me in a physical and emotional sense."

"Wait! You had sex with Lucifer?" Seraj blurted out in astonishment. What in the hell was she thinking?! She was only fifteen!

"I was to be his wife, so yes. I'm not the only one whose had sex with him." Blue eyes stared into gold with accusation. She knew exactly what happened. She wasn't stupid.

"What!?" Seraj tried to cover up his embarrassment with anger, even if he knew that it would fail.

"Once, I had crossed the line with Lucifer, Youn and I became more than just friends. We spent a passionate night together and he told me that he loved me," the girl's voice lowered in pitch.

"I bet Lucifer was hot," Seraj found it amusing in a strange way.

"I felt his full wrath that day."

"Did Youn die?"

"Not that day, but he did eventually," Yaone expressed in guilt as her robin's egg blue gaze hit the floor. "Lucifer cursed me with the task of finding him a suitable lover. Since I could not be trusted, I have scoured every place I could to perform such a task and then…I found you."

"What?"

"I chose you for that part, and it was a perfect time to throw you into a contract," the girl uncovered the true motives behind her madness. Seraj was to be the devil's love interest.

This was not happening! There was no way that he could be the devil's love interest! It was impossible! The fact that he had already gone too far with Lucifer only irritated him twice as much as it did before. There was no way to get out of what he was already thrown into. He should have known that making a contract with the devil would get him into trouble.

Why did he have to be so stupid?

"You used my revenge as a ploy?" The boy fumed, at both his own stupidity, and the fact that the girl who was supposed to be his friend used him so easily, without any remorse or sympathy.

"I'd be a fool not to. I wanted to make things right with Lucifer and relieve myself of this burden. Finding him a proper mate was a perfect way to rid myself of those burdens. Furthermore, it was instructed by Lucifer that I be the one to find him a mate as a part of my punishment," she always talked about this subject like it was just business. Like she was trying to find a tire for a car or something. Didn't Yaone have any feelings on what she was doing at all?

"Well, I'm not the right choice," Seraj replied in denial. "How could you just throw me into this without even caring about my feelings! I demand that you let me out of this contract, now! I don't want revenge on Sajani anymore, and I for certain don't want to be the devil's puppet for the rest of my life."

She did it, and now she could undo it. Seraj now saw the full extent of what was happening. He was like a human sacrifice for her idiocy in the past. There was no way in heaven, hell or the mortal world that he was going to keep being Lucifer's sex toy. He knew that the black-winged enigma was using him, and now he was certain that what happened between them was just rape.

He was so angry that he trembled, and his stomach felt queasy, as if he might throw up.

"What's so bad about it? Lucifer is attractive," Yaone acted like it was no big thing, and that the Nepali was just being childish.

"It's against my religion and my morality," Seraj shot back as images of he and Lucifer engaged in their sexual escapades ran through his memories. "That and I can't be with him," his voice lowered. "Not after that."

"After what?" The curious voice of the blonde intoned.

"None of your business. Just get me out of this contract," the black-haired boy continued to demand.

"Why? Aren't you happy with someone who can help you fulfill your revenge?" The girl asked with a slight smile. "Isn't that what you wanted all along? She already hates you; it isn't like you can win her back. So why don't you stop living in your delusions?"

"I don't care about that anymore. I just want to stop people from dying. No one else needs to suffer because of me." Didn't she understand that people's lives hung in the balance? She acted like she cared about Ukayou, but did she?

"How self-righteous of you. Too bad it won't change my mind," Yaone teased.

"You can't do this!" Seraj shouted in a fit of anger. He was beyond pissed at her mind games. Because of his position, this lone girl had power over him, and he despised it. She was not a friend, she was an evil witch.

"Can't I? It seems like I'm doing a pretty good job right now," Yaone continued as the boy fumed silently to himself. She could tell that he just wanted to lunge at her and pound her face in, and the thought amused her. "Are you still going to go against the contract? If so, then you're a bigger idiot than I thought."

"I hate Lucifer! I hate him and there's no way that I'm going to get away from him. I hate this contract, and I hate being around him. He takes advantage of me." What about that did she not understand? He wasn't gay, he hated that angel and Lucifer made his life beyond miserable.

If she was with Lucifer and he did the same thing to her, then why was she putting him through it? What was wrong with this fucked up girl? Did she enjoy seeing him suffer? Did she enjoy seeing other people suffer? Was this all a part of some twisted game?

"It's your choice if you let him or not. If you prove yourself weak, then of course that can happen. This is why you don't mess with the divine powers," like she should talk about that when she did the very same thing!

"I don't care what kind of 'divine powers' there are. Angel or not, there's nothing divine about Lucifer. I can't believe you did this to me. You took advantage of me just like he did," Yaone was nothing but a female Lucifer.

"You can't take advantage of the willing. You wanted all of this, and that's what pulled you in. You were driven by your blood lust and it got the better of you. Humans are fickle beings with flaccid emotions that bend easily. You wanted your goal, so you got it. Maybe next time, you won't be so selfish," Yaone reprimanded the stubborn boy. She wouldn't have pulled him into her plan, if he had not wanted to sin. He should have been grateful to even be considered a potential love interest for someone as grand as Lucifer.

He should thank her for the very opportunity to even be in the angel's presence.

"I'll find a way out-" Seraj grumbled in irritation before he was cut off.

"How many people will you kill in the process?" The very question caused the boy to freeze up as a cold chill shot through his body at such a speed that it physically hurt him. "They all died because of you. It was because you refused to obey Lucifer that they died, it was because you wanted to get away that they died."

'She's right…' Seraj thought as the horrid flashbacks of Doramon falling into the river, Ukayou and Saionji on the ground, dead after their treacherous fall and Rie falling and dying in the process ran through his head. 'It is because I've been refusing to do what he ordered me to that they all died.' Mikazuki's body fell to the ground, nude as his thoughts ran through his head. 'I don't want any more people to die, but how do I keep that from happening and get away from Lucifer?'

He was screwed in so many ways, and all Yaone could do was boast and laugh at his misery.

"No hard feelings, I'm just doing my job," the blonde waved a hand in dismissal after the boy's lengthy silence. She knew that he had nothing to say to her words, because they were true. It was about time that he realized his destiny as the devil's lover.

"You really are just like Lucifer. No wonder they wanted to make you his bride. Why aren't you trying to get him back yourself, anyway?" That was one of the many things that didn't make sense to him. Obviously, she wasn't over losing Lucifer, so why didn't she try to get back with him?

"What I did was unforgivable. Besides, Lucifer has taken a special interest in you," the girl smirked seductively, as if to mock their relationship.

"I don't like his "special" interests," she could shove it. He wasn't gay, no matter what she said.

"Your opinion doesn't matter."

"I think it does."

"So…will you still continue to struggle against the cruel hand of fate?" Yaone was beyond amused at his denial. This whole conversation went the way that she thought it would.

XxXxXxXxXx

Sajani made her way down the winding roads with flowers clutched tightly in her arms. The breeze was gentle and the sun bathed everything in golden light. The air smelled wonderful and the sounds of the song birds that lived in nearby trees filled her senses.

Even though the scenery was peaceful, the dark-skinned girl's mind was full of thoughts.

'Seraj…To think that I used to love the man who killed the father of my child. Then he tried to blame it on a harmless priest. Did he honestly think that I'd believe such a foolish excuse?' Her hand tightened around the end of the bouquet.

"I hate him. I hate him more than I have ever hated anyone in my life. He should go back to Nepal and get out of my life. I don't care what kind of deal our parents made when we were young," she made it to her destination-the grave yard.

She felt her heart drop upon coming to such a place. Orange eyes glanced around at all of the head stones as she walked down a small path.

There was a man at one of the tombstones. He was tall and wore all black, a sign of his mourning. Even his short, black hair matched his dreary attire. He was wearing sunglasses to hide his vacant eyes.

The beautiful bunch of flowers was sat at the grave marker of Iwao as Sajani's expression twisted into one of hurt and sorrow. It almost looked as if the girl would bust out crying at that very moment.

"Iwao….Such a cruel fate that you had. No one deserves that."

"I see that you're mourning Iwao," a male voice intoned. It nearly made the girl jump. Sajani didn't think that anyone would have been able to hear her. She had been quite a way away from the strange, darkly-clad man.

When she whirled around, she saw him and asked if he had known Iwao or simply read his name engraved on the tombstone. The man had told her that Iwao was a good kid who possessed a kind heart, and that he could help but wonder who would take a life out of the world so wrongly.

"Such a vile person should pay for their sins. Wouldn't you agree?" He walked up to the woman casually with his hands in his pockets.

Orange eyes widened with realization as the dark winged angel smiled slyly from his hiding sport behind a nearby tree.

The next stage of his plan was about to go underway.

To Be Continued