Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 21: Possession ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell/Revamp

Contract 21: Possession

XxXxXxXxXxXx

Seraj walked into his home, opening the door. He carelessly flung his stuff down as it landed haphazardly on the ground, clanking and fluttering as various objects littered the ground. Taking off his shoes, the boy wearily left them where they were. After he walked into the living room, Lucifer appeared at his doorway and loomed there, watching him for a moment before greeting him with a smile and a simple 'welcome home'.

He glared down the wicked angel with contempt in his eyes. "What do you want?" His voice was steely and cold.

"That's no way to give a proper response to a greeting," Lucifer was disappointed in Seraj's enthusiasm towards his appearance. He would have preferred something more emotionally invested.

"You're just screwing with my mind, like you always do. Stop it," Seraj was sick of the angel's mind fucking games. He wanted the madness to end.

"What if I genuinely care?" Lucifer asked.

"Tell me what's going on between us," the Nepali wasn't going to take anything less than the truth from the angel. He didn't want to be screwed with, he wanted the truth.

Lucifer's eyes narrowed. "I see...so you wish to discuss the truth. Didn't you already ask Yaone about all of this?" Certainly she would have given him the answers that he sought. Why should he know multiple versions of the truth? It was needless repetition.

"I want to talk about it with you. I want to know what's going on. What are you doing to Yaone, and what's all of this about choosing a lover? Shouldn't you be with a woman right now? You can't have a bride that's a guy. That's not logical." No way was he going to wear any kind of wedding dress, not to mention there was no way in hell that he was getting married to the devil. If Lucifer had any plans on doing that, it was going to stop right where it was.

"Don't bother explaining what's logical. What is and isn't logical is all a matter on sheer opinion. I can have whomever I wish as my destined partner. Angels have no gender." If that made the human feel any better about his decision, then he would throw that out there. Seraj was going to hell in one way or another, so logic didn't apply to him, no matter how hard he tried to keep his moralistic standing.

"Not you," to Seraj, Lucifer was clearly male. That's how his visions would stay.

"I don't choose to be in my original form. It's convenient to revert to this form." It was merely something he chose, not something that was true. If he had wanted, he could have appeared to the boy in any number of forms. Lucifer was a shape shifter by nature.

"Don't you waste energy in that form just by keeping it?" Seraj wondered about that. It was something that he gained from his report in mythology class. Angels could appear in alternate forms but they wasted immense amounts of energy keeping their alternate forms.

"I am a shape shifter; it's a power that comes naturally to me. That's how I was able to fool that foolish girl who loved you. That art of illusion can captivate and deceive." It was a skill that he had been implementing since the beginning of time when the first sin was committed.

"So, you have a fake penis," Seraj dead panned. This wasn't making the situation any better.

"Figuratively speaking," Lucifer replied.

"That's not anything I'd like to admit in public." Honestly, what kind of selfless person was Lucifer? He acted so proud of that little factor.

"My 'fake penis' has seen more action than your real one," the angel grinned, as his voice picked up into a friendly tone. "Who's sad now?"

"Shut up, you bastard!" Seraj decided to avert the subject. "Tell me what you're doing to Yaone!"

"Do you want me to shut up or explain it to you?" Seraj was certainly a confused boy. Lucifer wasn't sure if he ever knew what he wanted.

"You know what I mean," the Nepali wasn't in the mood for Lucifer's smart remarks. He was being serious.

Lucifer began to explain the situation to Seraj. Yaone had broken the pact that the two of them went under. When the blonde girl was small, she made a pact with Lucifer, and was to become his bride. By the laws of both worlds, Seraj's mortal world and that of hell, the two engaged in a pact to fulfill it to its fullest extent. Yaone couldn't keep her end of the pact, and as a result the blonde Satanist cheated on him with a human male. The man was quickly slaughtered and she came running back to Lucifer, begging him to forgive her. The girl was in tears, and Lucifer demanded that she paid off the debt to him. If she doesn't fulfill the pact, then she'll meet her end.

Seraj glared at him, hatred infused into his form. "You monster," he growled, "she's in the same predicament that I am." No wonder Yaone was so stuck on getting him into a pact with Lucifer when she saw how Sajani treated him. It was because she was trying to save her own life.

"Am I the monster because she's the one who broke our pact? I'm simply delivering the consequences that she knew she would receive. Yaone isn't trying to get out of the pact like you are." If Seraj wanted to ask him, Lucifer thought that he was being more selfish. Yaone realized that she deserved what she was going to get, and took her punishment with honor. Seraj was being a whining baby about it.

"I can't be your bride," no way was Seraj even going to consider it.

"Why not?"

"A boy can't be a bride. Go find yourself a woman." It would be better for the both of them if Lucifer took his advice.

"That's not who I've chosen," too bad Seraj was just going to have to live with that.

"You stubborn bastard," the Nepali growled under his breath.

"Stubborn as I may be, I'll get what I desire most." Honestly, did Seraj not get that by now? How many more people would he have to take from him in order to prove his point?

"This is just some game to you," Seraj knew that snake with black wings didn't care about him. It was all about control and possession to him. "You think it's real funny to just kill whoever you want to punish me. That's not punishing me, that's punishing them for living," Seraj hated that the lives of everyone he knew hung in the balance of this twisted relationship. The only one that should suffer was him and him alone.

"Some humans simply don't need to live," Lucifer just happened to be the one who longed to rid the world of these beings. The stupid and blind were less likely to populate through this mean. It was like his own way of natural selection.

"With remarks like that, I'd believe you were Satan." Sometimes, that guy just gave him the chills.

"People die early for a reason - they simply weren't meant to live their lives. You might not like that statement but it's proven itself true every time." That was the way the order of the world worked. There were many things about the earth and its inhabitants that Seraj simply didn't understand. He would come to understand them soon enough.

Seraj could only glare in response. He didn't know how to counter that, mostly because it did hold truth to it. There was no way that he could argue with someone who had firsthand experience over millions of years as to how the world operated.

"What else did you desire to know?" Was Seraj going to inquire or just stare at him in hatred for the duration of their meeting?

"This Flower Prince...who and what is he?" That's something that the boy had been curious about for some time now. Yaone wouldn't give him a straight answer, so maybe Lucifer would.

Lucifer explained that Prince Kazuza Deathflower was born from a Chaos Flower in hell. He was created for the sole purpose of belonging to Yaone. It was to prove Lucifer's point. It allowed the girl to serve her punishment but also giving her what she wanted all at the same time. She wanted someone who depended on her, and now she had just that.

"What are you doing? What's your plan with them?" Seraj didn't think it was that simple. None of Lucifer's plans were ever that simple.

The dark angel went on to inform him that the Flower Prince was dependant on her. Yaone would be weak for a while but she wouldn't die. He was a special kind of lover, the one that she wanted all of this time. If she could manage to care for him properly, them he would grow and flourish into something most interesting...but it she failed to take care of him, their bond would be broken and he would die. His death would be completely on her shoulders as would a world of guilt.

"You're sick," Seraj didn't like that at all. Poor Yaone.

"I am only sick if she stops caring for him. She needs to understand this pact," Lucifer narrowed his eyes, "and she isn't the only one."

"You can't just sit back and play mind games with people," Seraj was sick of it, and he wasn't going to put up with it anymore.

"I've done that from this world's creation, when I fooled Eve into corruption and shame, I'm not about to stop now. I don't follow the human's commands. I'm not like the other weak-minded angels, who subjugated themselves to the humans. Why should I? Angels are God's most perfect creations, so why should they have to serve his most inferior one?" Lucifer didn't even obey god, why would he obey something that god created from the dirt beneath his feet?

"Inferior?" Seraj was offended. If anyone was inferior, it was Lucifer.

"Inferior in intelligence, strength and capability. Humans are corrupt-" The angel was cut off.

"Yeah, a lot like you." They weren't all that different. Lucifer needed to stop putting himself on such a tall pedestal.

The angel simply looked amused; a wide smile ran across his thin lips. "Stupid child," he nearly laughed at the human's allegations. "You don't even know what you want in life, much less who you are, and those weaknesses make you feeble-minded."

"I know who I am!" Seraj wasn't going to let some angel dictate his life's decisions for him. Just because He wasn't turning out what Lucifer wanted him to be didn't mean that he was going to just bow down to him.

"Then why would you have sex with me, then accuse me of raping you? That doesn't seem like you know what you want at all. You liked it, and now you're trying to deny it again. Denial, that's all your life has been, one denial after another. You've denied everything up to this point. How much longer do you think you can deny things?" Lucifer's visage hardened and his voice took on a steely quality to it. Seraj wasn't the only one who was sick of the situation. That boy needed to admit to his faults and own up for his responsibilities, and stop crying when something bad happened simply because he didn't get his way. The world wasn't designed to cater to his needs. It was full of vices and he needed to understand it's cruelty.

"It's not denial!" Seraj argued his point. "You just can't accept the truth!" He wasn't changing, nor was he bowing down and Lucifer couldn't handle it. The barbaric angel couldn't understand why he wasn't playing into his clutches no matter what he had done to him, and it pissed him off.

"You could never handle my truth," those words were much darker than anything Seraj had ever heard the angel say previously.

"What?" What did he mean by that?

Fire swirled around the angel's form, bathing him in a series of red and orange lights as they spiraled around him like two demonic snakes, widening as they did until he was consumed in flames. "I'm stepping out momentarily; I have a new unfinished things to do. While I'm gone, you can think about your sins." With that, the angel disappeared and the flames died down revealing nothing in the spot he was standing in.

Seraj clenched his fists and screwed his eyes shut, grinding his teeth. 'Damn him!'

XxXxXxXxXx

Sajani gasped and backed away as the mass of swirling flames twisted and undulated before her like a massive ball of fire. She recognized those demonic flames from anywhere.

"It's you!" She shouted as the angel appeared before her. "You're the one I saw in the girl's bathroom!"

Lucifer's black wings spread behind him, revealing him to the girl. He lifted his head and placed his hands at his sides. "Yes, I suppose I am."

"Who are you? Why are you following me around?" The Nepali girl demanded an explanation. She felt stalked by this mysterious, black angel.

"I told you already, I'm Lucifer, a dark angel and king of hell." Did this girl really not get the point? How thick-skulled was she?

"Why are you here?" The girl's black eyebrows knitted together.

"I'm here to pass the final judgment on Seraj, and to do that, I'll need your help." Why not enlist the help of someone who already hated him and use her against him? It would be his greatest plan yet. Above everything, it was sure to work for certain.

"Final judgment?" Sajani was confused. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm going to drag Seraj straight to hell, and you'll be the one to help me," a dark smile crossed the angel's face. There was no option to this plan; she had already been inducted into it regardless of her opinion on the matter.

"What? I'd rather get revenge on him myself. He's made my life miserable. I hate him. He killed Iwao, and I'll never forgive him!" Tears clung to the girl's orange eyes, biting her sockets as they threatened to fall from the very memory of her precious Iwao. It was enough to ignite the flames of hatred in her heart.

"Your hate only makes you stick out far more than you have." It was a wonderful thing, really. This girl met all of the criteria that he needed to be able to follow through with his plans.

"Go away; the world has no use for evil spirits like you," Sajani didn't want to be associated with that sort of thing. In her religion, it was a horrible thing to even be communicating with something that horrible. "You have no reason to curse me."

"Holier than thou?" Who was she to tell him what she was going to do? It was truly amusing, to the point of him nearly laughing at her like a funny joke. "What a funny complex for one such as yourself to have. Those who seek revenge are impure. The pot can't call the kettle black. If I'm chronologically correct, you cheated on Seraj first, and yet you refuse to accept your divine punishment for your actions. Now, you want revenge for him leaving you alone? Didn't you do the same thing to him?" The reason that the girl even came to Japan was to run away from a marriage where she would have been tied to Seraj forever. It wasn't fair to be hypocritical of a situation when she was the one who initiated it by not wanting to go back to Nepal with Seraj.

"That's different-" Sajani tried to defend her claims, but she was cut off by the angel.

"Why? Because it's you? You must think highly of yourself to view yourself as an exception to those rules. Not even I can escape divine justice. I find it funny and amusing," Lucifer walked towards the girl, who was visibly trembling. She was slowly being torn down by the angel's mind games. Sajani took a couple of unsure steps backwards. "You teenager are all the same. You think that you have some kind of invincibility that allows you to slip through situations easily."

Holding out a hand, the girl's body straightened up and jolted violently. Sajani yelled out in pain and staggered around as if she were drunk and in pain. Her mind was assaulted with a great mental force that pushed against her normal way of thinking. It sent violent pains through her body and resonated throughout her being.

"No! Stop! What are you doing? Get out of my body!" The girl begged as she continued to fight against him. He would pull her one way and she would pull back, trying to resist his possession.

"Struggle all you want, but there is no other option for you now. You've chosen your road. You walk the path of destruction," Lucifer told her with a stern look on his face as the girl continued to thrash around. Her movements gradually got slower and slower until she jolted up straight like a soldier and looked completely void of emotion. The remnants of tears fell from her face.

"W-What are you doing to me?" She spoke in a strained voice.

"Succumb to your destiny as fate's pathetic puppet. You will now dance upon the strings of the cruel angels and do their bidding." Now, she was his to control as he would like.

"I obey only you, Sataniel. You may do what you wish with me. You own me, mind, body and soul," Sajani told him in a mechanical voice that was just as void of emotion as her lifeless eyes.

"Good, my plan is going exactly as I expected. However, I never cease to amaze myself," Lucifer smirked in triumphant satisfaction as the girl bowed to him. "Now Seraj has no choice. He must choose to accept his fate with me and kill Sajani before she kills him. There is no patching it up. Only his unforgiving deeds. Everything will come to an end now. The final judgment is here."

That was not a threat, it was a promise that he intended to act upon.

...To Be Continued