Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Summer at the Manor ❯ Prologue/Welcome Kohana! ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Summer at the Manor
Prologue:
August 13th 1998, that was the night she died. All of her servants crowded her deathbed. "Ichizo…" she said in a weak voice to the massager boy. He stepped forward. "Tell Basil….Say….onara." said she. Then she died. With delays, Ichizo quickly obeyed.
Heavy rain poured throughout the night. Making the message delivery difficult for Ichizo. He had to call for a cab at least twice. The trip was long and tedious. He finally reached Basil's apartment. All of the lights were out. It Ichizo hours to find the right room. When he found it at last, Ichizo knocked on the door. A drowsy-looking woman opened the door. "Hai?" she asked. "Basil-san." said Ichizo. The woman looked. "Ichizo?" she asked. "Is that you?" The boy nodded. "What are you doing here?" Basil asked. The massager broke the bad news. Basil was silent. The woman she had ran away from was now dead. She didn't know whether to feel sorrow or be grateful.

Chapter one: Welcome Kohana!
*Five years ago*
Fifteen-year-old Basil Joobarausagi was idle on the couch in the living room when her mother found her. "Why are you lying around?!? We have guests coming today! Get up and help clean!" she snapped. Basil sighed and got up. "Who's coming now?" she asked as she followed her mother down the hall. "Princess Tsukibara." her mom answered. Basil's eyes lit up. "Why didn't anyone tell me?!?" she asked. Then she ran down the hall to help the servants.
Kohana and her nanny arrived at Joobarausagi Manor at dusk. Kohana leapt out of the carriage as soon as it stopped. Her nanny followed behind. Everyone was dressed in their finest kimonos. They were all waiting in the front lawn. The princess ran into the arms of her friend. Basil hugged her. "I missed you!" Kohana said. "Same here girl. Same here." said Basil. Then they all went inside and had a big dinner.

Chapter Two: