Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Summer at the Manor ❯ The Servants ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter four: The Servants:
That afternoon the next day, Basil and Kohana went down to the kitchen. They found Midori pulling out a tray of hot sugar and chocolate chip cookies out of the oven. "Hi Midori." said Basil. "Hi girls." the cook answered. "Are those for us?" Kohana asked. "Hai." said Midori. "Yay!!!" the girls cheered. Then they reached for the cookies. "Wait!" the cook yelled. Basil and Kohana stopped and looked up. "Wait until they cool." Midori said. "Okay san." said the girls. Then they ran outside.
Basil and Kohana went out to the backyard. They found the servant girls, Rika, Nami, Sayo, and Misako, hanging up clothes on the line. "Hi girls." said Basil. When they heard her, the servants stopped what they were doing and bowed to the girls. "Wanna play with us?" Kohana asked. "Oh we can't." Misako said quickly. "Why not?" asked the princess. "We've got our chores to do." Sayo answered. "We'll help ya." Basil chimed in. "I don't know…." Rika began. "Dozo." Kohana pleaded. (Noiz note: "Dozo" means please.) The servants finally agreed.
Within twenty minutes, the girls had finished the laundry. "Now can you play with us?" Kohana asked. "Hai!" said Rika, Nami, Sayo, and Misako said altogether. The girls played many games until dinnertime.
Chapter Five: