Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Summer at the Manor ❯ The Garden ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter three: The Garden
"That was close." said Basil once they were safe. Kohana and Basil were in the Joobarausagi garden in the shade. "Basil…." the princess whined. "Hai?" Basil asked as she looked up. "I'm hungry." said the princess. Then Basil remembered…. they didn't eat breakfast yet. "Well…." she said as she looked around. Basil spotted some grape vines. "You can have some grapes." she suggested. Kohana's eye lit up. "Really?" she asked. "Hai. It's my garden." her friend answered. And with that, the princess ran to the grapes with Basil following behind.
"Basil." Kohana said after they feasted on the grapes. "What?" her friend asked while lying on the moss under the vines. "Can we stay out here?" the princess asked. "For how long?" Basil asked. "All day!" exclaimed Kohana. "*Giggles* How about until it gets dark?" her friend suggested. "Okay." said the princess.
The two girls spent the day climbing trees, picking flowers, and eating the fruits and vegetables of the garden. Kohana wanted to stay past sunset but Basil finally persuaded her to go in. The princess had sweet dreams about the garden that night.
Chapter Four: