Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Summoning Animals ❯ Summoning Animals Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Prologue : In the Beginning


Long ago, in Ancient Japan, powerful magic was unleashed. Magic so powerful that it nearly swallowed the world, and consumed it with its darkness. But one day, a mysterious sage rose up, and he alone sealed the Magic away. Now, 1,500 years later, the seal on that magic is broken..and its evil once again free to plague the world.

"Sandahoku, come forth!" Just then, a giant hawk with thunderbolt marking over his eyes took flight into the skies with a young boy on his back. "Again, I see. So, what this time?" said a man with a large sword on his back, "Oh, he's just in his usual state of depression..." Said an old man as he set meditating. "Depression...Why?" Asked the man, "What? You mean you don't know...?" Replied the old man. "No...please inform me, Elder." Said the man. "Ha, and you call yourself Taka, Chief of the Kouken Forces in the Thunder village! What a laugh....anyways...well, that boy has been shunned and ridiculed by the people of this village for as long as I can remember....its that animal..the Sandahoku...they fear it...he harbors it inside his body...so, naturally, they fear him...because of their fear...they shun him, treat him as an outcast...You see, that animal has the power to destroy us all if that boy wishes. But I sense that this boy only wants to be loved, be surrounded by people who care...he only wants what every other boy in this village has..a family, friends...but even his own mother and father fear him, so much so they threw him on the streets. He has no home, no one there for him. He is truly alone...the villagers feel nothing but hate and anger for this boy...they'd kill them if they believed they could..." Explained the Elder. "Wow..." Said Taka, "Thats horrible...I mean being new to the village and all, I knew nothing of this...I always saw that boy wandering around..but, I had no idea..." he continued. "Well..knowing this, do you fear him as well, Taka...?" Asked the Elder. "No...I feel sorry for him.." Taka replied. "Well..befriend the boy...I'm sure he will be glad to have at least one person who cares for him in his life...But I'm sure by now many villagers have pretended to be his friend just to try to get to him...I can assure you that it will be quite difficult to win his trust." Said the Elder. "Non the less...I feel I have to try...at least..." Said Taka.

"Damn them...all of them...those villagers can all go to hell for all I care..." said the boy "They do nothing but kick me down all the time...I wish I was never even born...I hate my life..." he continued. "Do you hate me...?" Asked the hawk. "No..of course not...you're the only one I can trust, Sandahoku...my only friend" Said the boy. "Tenkuu...give them time...I'm sure they'll come to understand you.." Said Sandahoku. "...No...they haven't by now...they NEVER will!!" Yelled Tenkuu. "I'm certain they will...and I'll always be here, too...." Said Sandahoku. "Thankyou..." Replied Tenkuu. "I'm curious.." Said Sandahoku, "Why was I even put here to begin with...sealed inside you...whats my purpose of existence...who am I...where do I come from...?" Asked Sandahoku. "Now that you say that....I wonder too...I myself don't know...all I know is you were sealed inside me the day of my birth...I promise though....I'll help find out your past..." Said Tenkuu as he smiled.

"Please, allow me to kill the boy..." Said a mysterious dark figure. "No! That boy will come to no harm!!" Yelled the Elder. "Foolish old man...That boy is nothing but a danger to your village...you will see soon enough!" Said the dark figure as he disappeared into the shadows.