Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Synthetic Emotions ❯ Phase 14: Time with the Twins ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Synthetic Emotions

By: Melissa Norvell

Phase 14: Time with the Twins

XxXxXx

Two sets of footsteps could be heard coming down the hall as the twins, Kisame and Hisame made it to the martial arts dojo.

Inside of the practice room, Sonata checked his watch and stated that it looked like class was beginning.

"Yes, the bell rang about three minutes and fifty-two seconds ago," Tetsumaru analyzed. "Aroura will be late for class."

"I'll cover for her," Chacha replied.

"Hey Chacha!" Hisame caught her attention as she entered the room. "What are you doing here?" It was odd for someone in Advanced Robotics to be attending the martial arts sessions.

"I was asking Asagi something about the use of several different weapons," the lime-haired girl informed. "I need it for a Robotics research that I'm doing."

The more girly of the twins glanced over at Tetsumaru, who was dressed in a different outfit then she'd previously worn. It was a red, Lolita dress with a white apron with red and white stripped knee socks. A red satin bow had also been tied around her head and stuck out near one of her tall sensor, which also was tipped in red paint. She still wore her familiar cuffs, which were clasped together with a single gold button.

"Tetsumaru! You look so different today!" Kisame had to admit to herself that her outfit was very cute. Chacha certainly had a great sense of style when it came to picking out clothes for her robot to wear.

"It must be really cool to dress her however you want!" The girl beamed in interest. It must have been so great to have something that resembled a real life, thinking and talking fashion doll.

"As long as you have good fashion sense," Hisame noted.

"Perhaps the two of you can pick out some of her outfits, Hisame. You usually design the costumes for the school plays," Chacha suggested. It might be a fun experiment, and Chacha would have one less thing to worry about when it came to her current project.

"Of course!" The twin jumped and clasped her hands together in anticipation. "I'll just have to get her measurements and I'll be sure to come up with tons of costumes she can wear." This would definitely be in her best interest as a future designer and not to mention fun at that. Tetsumaru seemed to be the perfect model for her clothes.

"What about me?" Kisame asked from slightly behind her sister.

"The two of you can take turns if you wish," the lime-haired girl recommended. This way the two of them couldn't fight over her, as they did many other things.

"Yes! I'll totally make you look like a bad ass ninja!" Kisame shouted in triumph and excitement. Her sister, on the other hand looked irritated at her choice of fashion. Ninja wasn't exactly her idea of fashion sense; in fact some ninja had rather atrocious clothing.

"A Ninja? Why would you have that choice of clothes?" Tetsumaru asked. If Kisame wanted to dress her as a ninja, she saw no problem with it but it was a rather odd sense of fashion to be wearing, especially to school. After all, Tetsumaru wasn't in the martial arts field so it seemed illogical to be dressed in that attire.

"She's got an obsession that can be a little hard to deal with," Hisame replied as a bead of sweat ran down the back of her head. "Just go and look at her room."

"What's wrong with my room?" Hisame spoke of it as if it were a bad thing. Kisame though that her room looked awesome.

"It looks more like a man's then it does a woman's,”her sister admitted, and then turned towards the direction of her classes. "Well, I've got to get to class. I'll see you guys later." The girl waved over her shoulder as she walked to class.

"Alright, come on everyone. Let's get first things done first," Asagi began his session as he held out a decorative flyer with pictures of people practicing martial arts and various kanji written on it. "This is a Martial Arts Tournament, held by the college next door. They asked me to bring it down here to see if any of you were interested."

"Who all is competing?" Sonata wanted to size up his competition. If there were going to be a bunch of pros there, then he'd definitely not want to look like a fool and it would be better if he didn't attend.

"Martial Artists from all over the schools in Japan. This is a chance to get some experience, even if you don't win. The Tournament will be three weeks long and there are different divisions. Keep in mind that there are very few rules and dying is acceptable."

"What!? You're joking, right?" Kisame spouted and yanked the paper from Asagi's grip as her blue eyes quickly scanned over the kanji.

"This is serious," Eros stated.

"If it scares you then you don't have to compete," Asagi responded.

"No way! I'm not a coward!" Kisame looked back up to him, fierce determination and an undying fire rushed through her blue depths.

"I'd like to test my skills against everyone," Susumu spoke up.

"For this week we will be training solid for the tournament. You can train alone or against your partners. If you want to enter the tournament, then sign up at the front desk of Sayatouya Students Communications."

XxXx

"Are you sure that I should be skipping class?" Aroura glanced around the halls. It was quiet and occasionally a lone student would walk down the hall and a single set of footsteps could be heard. The halls were empty and for the majority of the time, only herself and Hisaka were present.

"It's important," the boy opened his laptop. "I want you to read this. It's about Eros. I found it when I was doing some research." The cat-eyed boy turned his laptop around to show her the information.

As her red eyes scanned through the website, they widened upon each new symbol that they had read. "Oh my gosh…" The girl let the words barely escape her lips. Then she looked crestfallen at what she had learned. 'Eros is a machine designed for killing. I've been trying to help him regain his memory but now I'm not sure…what if he remembers and then he kills me? It's dangerous to even have him around in school…what do I do?'

"I could get into big trouble if Professor Gaiga finds out that I have him," she stated.

"You might want to just give him back," Hisaka knew it would be hard for her to make that decision when it came to giving up something that she'd been with all this time but it seemed like the only logical explanation to her problems.

"But…I can't," Aroura looked at her friend with troubled eyes as she mulled over the situation in her head. 'Why did I say that? Why can't I just give him back? I mean, he's just a machine and he doesn't even belong to me but I just can't…I just can't give it back to him even if he created him…'

A flashback rushed to her senses of that day when he kissed her. Their one sweet moment seemed to last in her memories. Until this day she didn't quite know what to think about everything that had happened that day or what he'd said.

"You are my only master. I have fond feelings for you."

'He's special to me…'

"You can't hide him from Professor Gaiga. He's probably trying to get him back because he's a potential threat to humanity. Everyone at his lab is probably freaking out," Hisaka informed. It was definitely something that was very important. If an experiment like Eros got out into the general public, it was almost as if homeland security had gone off for all of Japan. They knew that Eros was currently harmless but Professor Gaiga did not. No doubt he was worried because if something happened to where Eros went berserk then he would be solely to blame for the carnage that would be caused as a result.

"I ran into some other Syntacoms after I found him. Their names were Akemi and Tomiko and they told me about the different types of Syntacoms and Model Numbers but they couldn't tell me about the 07 models," Aroura told him.

"It was programmed that way."

"What do you mean?"

"The 07EROS is an experimental model and I doubt that Professor Gaiga wanted everyone to know the true powers and secrets of EROS07."

"That's true," Aroura was worried. "We don't know anything and he doesn't know anything about himself. What do you think will happen to him if he is picked up by Professor Gaiga?"

"If he kills anyone he may be destroyed," Hisaka stated with a grave look on his face. This was a serious matter. "He'll probably be shut down as well as either experimented on and perfected or rebuilt."

"If that happens, it will be like he's a different person," the black-haired girl frowned. She didn't want him to become something new. She wanted to keep his memory if it has damaged sectors (1) that may be the case."

"Who all knows that he's a robot?"

"Chacha, Momo, Sonata, Susumu and Asagi. I'm not so sure that there are not other Syntacoms here as well."

"What do you mean?"

"I tried to perform a scan on Asagi but he fried my last data was damaged so badly that I had to trash it. It's very strange," Hisaka explained. "He faired against the 07EROS. That's quite a feat. The 07 model is fifteen times stronger than an average soldier and can predict up to 30moves ahead in battle. It's truly amazing that he matched EROS."

"But he almost won," Aroura was amazed at this herself. Asagi had stood a chance against a machine with such advanced strength and capabilities? It was more than amazing, especially if he wasn't even a machine.

"Which is what makes me think that he isn't exactly human."

"But he isn't like Eros. He's very human-like and he feels the same way I do."

"He told me that he fought a Syntacom before who was after Eros," the black-haired boy told her. He figured that Aroura needed to know that she had been in more danger then she realized. There already had been people who were searching for him. If these people were not from Professor Gaiga's lab and of considerable strength then she was putting herself in the middle of something severe. If she didn't watch it, she very well could die over this fight.

"Huh?" Aroura asked this now heightened her worry. She still wasn't quite sure of what was going on, seeing as everything was so fresh on her mind, but she was worried for far more then Eros' well being now.

A gentle hand was laid on her shoulder after Hisaka shut his laptop and cast a look of worry. "I'm worried about you."

"I'll be alright," the girl smiled falsely beneath her doubt. "Eros will protect me."

'That's exactly what I'm worried about.'

XxXx

Tetsumaru walked out of the twin's bathroom dressed in a short, robe-like ninja outfit with a mesh shirt and mesh leggings. The outfit was a drab purple and grey with a navy belt and zori sandals. "Is this the correct outfit, Kisame?" She looked to the spunky girl for approval.

"You look so awesome!" Kisame beamed with joy as she clasped her hands together.

"What is that?" Hisame asked. She seemed a little offended by something.

"Tetsumaru's new outfit. Chacha and Hisaka told me that I could borrow her for today so I get to dress her however I want," Kisame told her with a fair amount of pride. She was excited to be able to finally have Tetsumaru to dress whatever way she wanted and the best thing of all was that Hisame couldn't put her in any girly attire.

"Affirmative," the blue-haired robot agreed. "I have no preference so I don't mind a different style of dress. Whatever my master wishes is what I shall do. Kisame is my current master, so I will do what she says."

"Isn't she awesome!?" The spunky girl beamed.

"So now I have to deal with two of you?" Her sister replied in an all but amused tone. This wasn't going to be her day, she was sure of that. Kisame on her own was rambunctious enough, she didn't need a robot dressed in a ninja outfit either.

"I guess you do."

"How unfair!" Hisame puffed up her cheeks and stomped one foot. "I want to have a day with her!" Besides, Chacha told her that she could have Tetsumaru. What was the big idea of Kisame taking her glory?

"Then go ask Chacha."

"I will! The ninja look doesn't fit her," Hisame argued.

"What?" Kisame was offended by her sister's remark. She had thought that the ninja look fit her very well.

"A woman should be more dignified," Hisame preached.

"Dignified? Ninja are dignified."

"A nice Lolita dress would fit her much better," the girly one argued.

"She's a robot not a doll," Kisame disagreed. "How can she fight in a poofy dress?"

"Well, it's better then what she's wearing now. You can easily flash someone," Hisame pointed to the shortness of her outfit. One wrong lift of the leg and someone would definitely know if you're wearing underwear, what kind they were and what color they were.

"Ninja don't think about flashing people, they just kick-ass!"

"You're such a tomboy, Kisame."

"Better than being girly besides," Kisame put a hand on Tetsumaru's shoulder. "She's mine for today so you'll have to look at her wearing ninja gear all day long."

"I'll just ask Chacha to borrow her tomorrow. Then you'll have to look at her in a frilly dress," Hisame smiled coyly at the thought of frying her sister's brain with images of Tetsumaru in girly frills.

"Ugh! My worst nightmare!" Kisame wailed and held both sides of her face in horror.

XxXxXx

The next day at school, all three of them standing in a row, Tetsumaru is in a white dress with red trim and ribbon with white knee socks that had red ribbons around them, red Mary Janes and a red and white bonnet. Kisame was slumped over dramatically with twin rivers running down her face.

"It's so ugly," she whined.

"It is not," Hisame scolded. "It's very pretty, isn't it Tetsumaru?" She turned to the robot and asked innocently, just to get the robot on her side. Whatever proved her point was worth getting under her sister's skin.

It was a favorite past time of hers.

"That would be an opinion, master," the robot never took sides and had been neutral in all occasions where an opinion was needed. It was in her programming not to be partial to any individual. That was an aspect that differed between her and Eros.

"See? She hates it. I'll save you Tetsumaru," Kisame lightly grabbed her hand began to walk away, satisfied with the fact that Tetsumaru didn't seem to like being dressed like a Lolita doll. The robot felt herself moving in her direction and then her other arm was grabbed by Hisame and she jolted to a stop between the girls. Her red dress flowed to one side as did the red ribbons from her bonnet.

The twins began to fight over her by tugging on her arms from side to side.

"No, she's mine!" Hisame pulled on her towards her.

"She doesn't want you. She liked it with me!" Kisame pulled back.

"Please refrain from pulling on my arms," Tetsumaru informed the two arguing girls, who still kept pulling her arms.

"Yeah, stop pulling on her arms, stupid," Hisame continued to pull.

"You're the one who's pulling on them!" Kisame pulled equally hard from the other side. At this point in time, the blue-haired robot was glad that she hadn't been fragile or human otherwise they would rip her apart.

"What are you doing?" A familiar voice chimed in a commanding tone more than a question.

"Huh?" The twins looked like children with their hands in a cookie jar as they looked over to see their familiar school uniform on a tan skinned girl with lime hair. They froze in place when they saw this woman, then they straightened up and put a hand behind their heads with nervous looks on their faces.

"Heh heh…heh," they laughed in guilty unison.

"How come Hisame is dressing Tetsu in girly clothes? Robots are made for combat, so they should totally dress like ninja," Kisame pointed a finger in the air, as if she were trying to make a subtle suggestion to Chacha about Tetsumaru's clothing style.

"No, it's very undignified! She needs to dress like a woman. Don't you agree as her creator, Chacha?" Hisame asked slyly.

"How about this: you can both dress her. One can have her one day and one can have her another," Chacha suggested. She could have the twins tearing up hr creation and for once, she was glad that she had made a durable robot.

"Really? Thank you!" They both leaned forward and beamed with happiness.

'Well, that solves one problem but just to be sure…' The girl spoke again. "Hisame, today is your day, tomorrow will be Kisame's and you can go in that order," she stated. Chacha didn't want them to get in to any more fights so she decided to make her rules quite clear. She knew how the twins could be, after all."

"Alright!" Kisame grinned.

"Sounds fair to me," Hisame put he hands on her hips and smiled at her sister.

"Thank you, Chacha! We love you!" Both girls said in harmony as they hugged the green-haired girl tightly.

"You're welcome," Chacha gave them a small hug back before she took a few steps backwards. "Well, I have to get going. I need to ask Aroura something."

"Alright, see you around," the spunkier of the two told her.

"Bye-bye!" The more girly of the two bid her farewell.

"See you," the tan girl gave a small wave as she walked off. Thoughts riddled her head as she now had time to herself. 'I need to check on Aroura. Eros seems harmless but he could recover his memory at any moment and if that happens, she's going to need me.' The girl's features turned serious as she quickened her step. Moments were crucial at this point in time, especially when Eros was still under suspicion.

To Be Continued…

NOTES:

Sector- A permanent part of cyber memory that is in most computers. Yes this is even in your home computer. If it's damaged then it's not usable and if enough sectors are damaged then they are irreplaceable and it's time to get a new computer. I image androids are much the same way.