Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Interns ❯ Volume One, Chapter Two: Car Plot ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Car Plot

Soot closed the door behind him, grinning.

“Daisuke!” he shouted. “Daisuke, old friend!” The younger intern jerked his head upwards. Soot paused when he noticed his coworker's freaked out face.

“What's wrong?” he asked. “I just want to talk.”

“Why?” Daisuke asked. His coworker sat down in front of him.

“The boss wants us to come up with the cover design for the second volume of Tenshi Trail,” he said. Daisuke blinked.

“That's it?” he asked. Soot raised his eyebrow.

“Yeah,” he said. “What did you think I was going to say?”

“I don't know,” the other intern said.

“Okay then,” Soot said. “Never mind. Anyway, we have to get to it now.”

“Right now?” Daisuke asked.

“Yeah!” the other intern said.

-One Hour Later-

“Found anything yet?” Daisuke asked. Soot broke into a huge grin.

“Take a look!” he said. The intern led his pal to his laptop. Daisuke stared at the browser opened on YouTube.

“Huh?” he asked.

“Behold!” Soot said. He turned and clicked play. Daisuke's jaw dropped as his face turned bright red.

“W-W-What is that?” he asked.

“Whitesnake,” Soot said. “`Here I Go Again'. Enjoy.” Daisuke stared at the screen. When the video ended he turned to Soot with big eyes. The other intern grinned.

“Want to see it again?” he asked. Daisuke slowly nodded. Soot smiled and clicked replay. After watching the video ten times, the boys turned to each other.

“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?” Soot asked.

“What?” Daisuke asked. The other boy grinned and rubbed his hands together.

“Hello new manga cover!” he said.

-Next Day-

T.J. read over the proposal as Soot and Daisuke waited with bated breath. Their boss looked up, grinning.

“I love it!” he said. Soot and Daisuke high-fived each other.

End