Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ The Young Debris ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Claimer: This story is totally mine!!

It has been something I have been writing for a while, unfortunately I have to retype it because I lack the program it was originally written in. So I hope you enjoy it as I painstakingly retype.
I warn you, this is a first draft and therefore not my polished piece so if there are errors or things that don't quite make sense I apologise and would appreciate it if you would let me know if a correction needs to be made. Constructive critisism only pretty please!

Description:
After a full nuclear war, the remnants are trying to adjust to their new world and fend for themselves. They are suddenly faced with a tyrant with his own views on how the world should be and those who follow him. The decision that faces them is to either follow the path of democracy and peace that they have chosen.
Or follow in the footsteps of adults and go to war in an already shattered world.
These teens are suddenly faced with and forced to understand just how hard it is to be an adult and lead others in our chaotic world.

And for the record'nuclear' IS pronounced noo-clee-er, NOT noo-cyu-ler. I cannot stress that enough.

>>>>>>>>>

PROLOGUE

Everyone was making them, “just in case”. The problem is, if you have the weapon, “just in case” is sure to come calling. It was forgotten how it started. Some say that the world powers just got too far into other nations business, others say that those at the bottom wanted to be at the top so the best choice for them was to do away with the top. They thought it would only last a year or so when the wars started, figuring that their armies were unbeatable. The problem was, ‘they’ was everybody.

The first nuclear bomb fired was unexpected, the war was winding down after ten years. Someone had decided “just in case” had arrived because they didn't like the way it was ending. The first one hit a major city in the lower North America, obliterating every rock, tree, and person within miles of the blast. Then they just kept coming, not all were nuclear, but all were deadly. More were called to the front lines, those just barely within age. The army attempted to train the younger ones, preparing them to help in the battle when they came of age. This was mostly met with rebellion. Like other generations before in other wars, the advances the military took on freedom were rejected and fought by many but likewise accepted by just as many others.

But Ten more years would have to go by for those born into the war before peace would come.

But peace, that has always come with a price.


*****************

The earthshaking explosion came and went, sending waves of smoke, fire, and debris everywhere. the younger ones, the future, hidden away in basements and bomb shelters. In hopes of preserving their race. Outside the safehouses the adults in charge of their protection watched and waited. Praying that it was the last. For a few days none fell and they began to hope it was over. Unforunately it was not.

That fateful night the adults fell asleep on their watch, exhaustion finally winning over them, then the final barrage fell. As if waiting for that exact moment. The next several explosions shook the earth to its core. And then it was over. Days went by and nothing happened. Either everyone had run out of bombs.

Or everyone who know how to make and fire them were dead.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay, so here is the prologue. I hope it has peaked your interest.

The timeline of this story is set somewhere in the future. I'm not gonna tell you when cause honestly I never decided. But I'll say the war started, oh, perhaps, 50 years from now. Maybe more, maybe less.

I hope you read the first chapter and review, like I said, constructive critism only pretty please.

And I'm sorry if you are insulted by my explaining how to pronounce nuclear properly, it just drives me nuts when people don't speak english right. Learn to speak properly and pronunciate please!!!!!!!