Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tides of Wine ❯ Amelia ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tides of Wine
~Amelia~
 
I was worried. Elliott was acting strange and so was Melly. I was beginning to wonder if they had known each other before today, but I refrained. I think that Elliott was in a predicament beyond my understanding. I don't know what it was that made him leave suddenly. The Night Child thing seemed to have hit the core. "I wonder what's wrong with him." I commented.
Melly hummed along and began fiddling with things. "Melly." I said, serious now. "You do know what is wrong with him, don't you?"
"I do." Melly said in that voice that I knew meant that she would never tell me what I wanted to know. "Don't worry, hon. He'll tell you eventually."
"Why?" I asked. "Why would he trust me with something like that?"
I looked her in the eyes this time and frowned. "It's not like that, Melly. We're not even cuddly."
She put her hands on her hips. "He'll cuddle soon. I'm sure of it." She chuckled when I glared at her.
"I haven't even known him for three days, Melly! It's way way way too early to even suggest such a thing."
"Oh fine. Don't ruin my fun, but Twinklet, really. You need to play with him a little. He trusts you, a complete stranger. You could stand to sweeten him up a bit. Make him tell you what you want to know. He'll need you soon anyway."
"What do you mean by that?" I tried to sound bored. I was failing. "I noticed that he's all....different than everyone, but there is something scarey about him."
"Yes. He is looking for a purpose now. When he finds it, you'll be with him for the ride." When I didn't reply, she added, "Duke of Farey is getting married to Edera."
My heart sunk. "Noooo." I moaned. She was trying to bait me. I hated this. It wasn't fair. I was still have in love with that guy. I didn't need to hear this. I told her so.
"Twinklet, I know who you are." Her expression was a sad one. "I know your family. I know your life. I simply know. I am called the Star for nothing but that I am the all-seeing and the all-hearing. When you finally reach my rank, you will reign Elite over both worlds. He will probably be with you. Treasure that thought."
"You have called to her again, haven't you?" I frowned at my friend. "Melly has spoken to her mother."
"My mother is a full blooded elf. She is the Elf of Light, the First of the elves. I thus have connections to the Upper Lights. The Stars are my brothers and sisters. She told me some things about what is to come, and I am afraid to say that you are a part of it."
I was frantically amazed. "Me?" I felt my arms grow heavy, and from their weight I fell to my knees. "That cannot be."
"I could not alter your purpose, Amelia. I'm afraid that your er...condition is set in stone."
"Condition!" I was horror struck. There was something wrong with me? I had always known it. Without warning, I started to cry. I only hoped that Elliott wouldn't come back in now.
The front door inched open, and he came. I wanted to kill him. Why should he get to see me like this?
"What is wrong with her?" He asked, looking a bit ready to cry himself.
"You're not the only one that has problems, Night Child." Melly hissed. "Think about it."
His eyes didn't have pupils. Through soppy tears I saw it now. Usually, he had slits at least. I think I was beginning to understand something about my newly acquired friend. He wasn't human, but he was definitely something that wasn't good. I watched him walk towards me and sink down on the floor.
When his arms fell oddly around my shoulders, I wailed louder. It took me ten minutes to stop. I only did that, because I needed to breath. "Elliott, I'm sorry." I said, hoping with all my heart that he wouldn't ask what was wrong.