Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Girl ❯ Volume One, Chapter Six: The Rain ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Rain
Saturday.
The rain hit the window sill. Sui-Topii laid on the carpet. She sighed aloud. Can't play outside today. Not little friends here. Her toys didn't look good today.
“I'm bored!” she whimpered. The little girl looked into Fumio's room. He sat at his desk. The freshman groaned. Curious, the little girl got up and peeked inside. Fumio groaned again.
“Anki, what's wrong?” Sui-Topii asked. The young man turned around. His eyes had red and bags to them. He shrugged a bit.
“Oh Sui-Topii-chan,” he said. “It's you.” The little girl walked into his room.
“What's wrong?” she asked. Her brother sighed as he sat back.
“Life,” he said. “Life is my problem.” The little girl blinked.
“What do you mean?” she asked. Fumio shook his head.
“You will learn,” he said. “You will learn.” Sui-Topii looked at his desk.
“What's that?” she asked.
“My debts,” her brother said.
“What debts?”
“People I owe money to.”
“Why do you owe them money?”
Fumio shook his head. “Because, they are just evil.”
“Oh.”
Fumio went back to work. Sui-Topii leaned her head on his arms.
“Play with me,” she pleaded.
“I can't,” he said.
“Why not?”
“I have to finish with these bills.”
His sister whimpered at him. The freshman sighed and lowered his pen.
“Look,” he said. “The sooner I manage these bills, the sooner we can play, got it?” Sui-Topii pouted at him.
“When will that be?” she asked.
“I don't know,” he said. “I don't know.” The child flopped back onto the rug. Her brother tuned out her groaning.
“Please keep it down,” Fumio said. “I really have to do this.” Sui-Topii frowned. She looked around at his room. Nice and clean. No toys, though. The child began to plot a strategy to get Fumio to play with her.
Sui-Topii sat up and looked around. She scanned the room again. Books. Tons of them. She tried to look for some manga. The little girl stood up and walked over to the shelf. Dictionary. School handbook. Workbooks, two of. Papers. Sui-Topii frowned. No manga. Just books and papers everywhere. Onto the next shelf.
Eight shelves later, Sui-Topii scattered books, papers, and magazines all over the floor. Still no manga in sight. The child pondered what next.
Uh-oh, she thought. I made a mess. She looked at the books on the floor. The wheels in her five-year-old mind.
It's a fort!, she thought. Sui-Topii started stacking up books into a wall. The whole time, Fumio didn't look up.
“Could you keep it down?” he asked at one point.
“Okay!” she said. His sister quietly went back to work with her fort. When she was finished, Sui-Topii sat back and took a breath. She smiled to herself.
I'm a queen!, she thought. Now, a queen needed subjects. Sui-Topii went over to the bed and got all of her stuffed animals. They all sat behind the fort. Now for a cloak and crown. She walked into the bathroom and pulled down a black towel. The little girl tied it around her small shoulders. Next a crown. She took some toilet paper and placed it on her head. The queen, her subjects, and her fort were born. However, there was only one thing missing from her simple kingdom.
Fumio stayed buried in the paperwork. He felt himself getting a headache. His groan echoed against the walls.
“Damn it!” he barked. “They just want to drain money out of you!” The freshman sat back, sighing. Such a hassle!
Suddenly, a ball fell on his desk. Fumio nearly jumped back.
“What the --?!?” he yelped out. Another ball hit his desk. Fumio blinked this time.
“Huh?” he asked. A third ball hit the floor. This time, Fumio looked up. Confusion flooded his face.
What the…
“Sui-Topii?” he asked. She popped up from the fort.
“Yes?” she asked.
“What… is that?”
“Play!”
“But, I can't.”
“Play!”
“I have my debts to manage.”
“Play!”
“Now now.”
“Play!”
“I can't!”
“Play!”
“No.”
“PLAY!”
In the end, Fumio had to play prince to Sui-Topii's queen. The debts? Well, they would have to wait another day. Damn it.
Saturday Morning