Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ Neira, city of ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When arranged love becomes true!
Chapter 14
Neira, city of despair
 
A couple was running through the small streets under the pouring rain. The man had short, soaked, blond hair covering two sparkling blue eyes. His facial features were soft, but too hard to be feminine. A muscled body was hidden under his wet tunic and the sword hanging by his hips had killed many to protect innocent lives. Under his cape, a medallion was suspended at his neck. The necklace represented a roaring lion, symbol of his noble family.
 
 
The woman by his side carried their new-born son, a small baby crying his fear to the world into his mother's caring arms. The mother had long silky brown hair, reaching her hips, tied into a long tress, hidden under the hood of her wet cape. Her bang was hiding her holy blue eyes from the rest of the city. Her young body betrayed her millennium of life on earth; the holy girl was the famous goddess of strength and for the first time in her long life, she felt awfully weak.
 
She made the worst crime; she thought with her heart instead of her head. She fell madly in love with a mortal man, a noble soldier of Neira's army. They met about a year ago, up the fall of Troyba, a little bit in the south of the big city. Their minds were gone to heaven together into secret, seeing each other into the darkness of the night, until the maiden got pregnant. In getting as one, they destroyed their destinies and the one of their son.
 
The whole land was pursuing them for their actions and the gods were surely searching for the holy maiden in the whole Amphora. They had been discovered a day before, when she was painfully giving birth to her lovely child. The couple was accompanied by a dozen of men still on their side. They wanted to take a boat and leave. Running away as far as they could go. Disappear from everyone's ears, to forget about the whims of faith. They entered a small alley, but stopped in front of a dead-end. The pursuers finally reached their preys, screaming like wild animals attacking a man. The fighters made a semi-circle around the holy girl and the child, ready to protect her to their terrible deaths.
 
The battle started, blood mixed with rain pouring to the dirty ground. The rebels killed a majority of the soldiers, but lost four men in the fight. The goddess cast a spell of protection on the remaining forces of her lover to help as she could. A powerful light illuminated the dark sky and circled the maiden. She automatically understood what was happening and screamed to alert the men. The girl huddled up to protect her child, but it was quite late, the gods had already found her.
 
The noble man ran to her only to be pushed back, but ran to her again. She pushed the baby into his strong arms, just when her blue eyes went blank and her body, limp. As punishment to her crime, the elders had killed her. Catching her into his arms, the man felt the sting of the tears forming into his eyes. He took just the time to tell good-bye and to give his baby to a trusted friend before falling into the hands of the army. The betraying soldier took the child and went away from the battle area. Running to a safe place into the dark city, he asked the name of the new-born to the sky, knowing that no one would answer. He prayed for the dead girl's soul and for the sake of his old friend under the pouring rain. That night, even the sky was crying the death of the holy princess.
He hid the searched baby into his wife's care for a complete week. He tried to visit the prisoner, but only received the new of his judgment. The king had sentenced him to death. The next evening, his remains were thrown down the streets in front of his eyes, to show which punishment was reserved to the traitors.
 
Five years later, as the soldier's wife was peacefully playing with the infant, a knock came from the door, a wizard had come for the child and the king wanted him dead. They painfully tried to protect the holy boy from the grasp of the killer, but they didn't succeed. The sorcerer went to the kid and, taking him into his arms, he said the words of a terrible death. The boy started screaming, crying his pain. The dying soldier used his last strength to destroy the terrible spell, but only succeeded into changing it. The child's ears became pointed; his pupils retracted into a sharp, fine line in the middle of his iris, his nails became small claws and his teeth became fangs. His blood has been mixed with the blood of the lion roaring, attached on the neck of the boy, his father's medallion.
 
The boy grew into misery for thirteen years, obliged to steal to live, the wizard never told the king of his failure. Once he was eighteen years old, he met a delicious princess at the fall of Troyba, a little to the south of the city. The king, not knowing the boy, approved, and the couple got married. The boy became king, and the honor of his unknown family was restored. The queen got pregnant, and when the wizard recognized the boy, he killed him into his slumber. Before falling into the abyss of death, he warned his wife that the killer would come for the baby and she ran. On his demand, she escaped to the kingdom of Ides, where she restored her life.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“-Hey Kohaku, I think I have something!”
 
The brothers were in the library of the guild of the goddesses, searching information on the cursed ancestor as they always did when they were passing by.
 
“-The damn books are always talking about the goddess, never about the guy!
-Not the one that I found!”
 
The prince started reading the old book filled with dust. His face illuminated when he was finished.
 
“-It's only a novel, perhaps the author invented the story…
-Think about it Kohaku, this story is the only one that's talking about the child and it affirms that the king wanted to kill everyone in the family, that's not what they're saying in the other books. And I think this story is more realistic because it finishes in Ides where we were born if you forgot…”
 
The blond was thinking deep into his memories, if his mother or even his father had told him a clue, a story that could help, but he could not find anything.
 
“-Tell me Mokuba, did father or mother told you anything that could help us…”
 
The king appeared surprised by that question, but lowered his gaze to the floor and nibbled his claw, as he always did when he was thinking. He headed a disappointed look to his brother's face and shook his head negatively.
 
“-Well, I guess that's all we have…”
 
Footsteps were heard and the two boys turned their head in the same direction. Lyra came into view not long after. Her long hair tied into a long tress hanging on her shoulder and down her chest.
 
“-Kohaku, aren't you coming home with me and Midoriko?!”
 
Mokuba turned to his brother who lowered his gaze to the floor. He knew this would happen, but Lyra could not follow them, it was too dangerous.
 
“-No Lyra, Mokuba and I are going to Neira before, but I'll join you home don't worry!
-Neira, what are you going to do there?! It's abandoned since centuries.
-It seems that there is somebody there…Anyway, you go back to Malva…
-Why?! Can't I come with you?!
-No, you will return to Malva safely, am I making myself clear!
-Why?!
-Lyra! It's too dangerous; you will stay with Midoriko and return to your kingdom!”
 
Hurt passed into her sparkling blues eyes and he automatically knew she would try something bad. It destroyed him to separate himself from her but he had no choice!
 
“-And don't you dare to try to follow us!”
 
The maiden turned around furiously and walked away. He let out a sigh and looked at his brother from the corner of his eyes, visibly embarrassed by the fight between him and his fiancé.
 
“-Come now, we have to prepare…”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hey guys and girls! I'm back!! Well what do you think of this chappy?! Don't be scared to leave a review to tell me !!
 
-Super_burnin_DD -xoxoxoxo-