Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ Dangerous encounter ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When arranged love becomes true.
Chapter 13
Dangerous encounter
 
 
“-Not you again!”
 
The couple entered the small room as the nurse automatically went to see Kohaku's wound. He sat on the bed slowly and Lyra gently took off his shirt to help the nurse healing his injury.
 
“- Why are you always here you two! Are you trying to kill yourselves out there?!”
-No ma'am, it was just a little test, and it looks like I underestimated my student.”
 
Kohaku softly smiled to his dear fiancé, making her blush lightly. The nurse only went on in her inspection of his injury, not seeming to care of the embarrassment on the maiden's face. She pressed a piece of cloth soaked with cold alcohol on the heated flesh of the side of his belly as Kohaku took a tight grip of Lyra's shoulder and of the white sheet on the bed. A painful moan escaped his clenched jaw as the nurse started to sew his torn and bloody skin.
 
“-Do you really have to be so rough on him, he's wounded you know!
-Who's the nurse here darling?! And besides, he can take it, he's not that weak!”
 
Kohaku gave the old woman a death glare as she hit the side of his abdomen once she was finished sewing his wound. A mean growl escaped his throat and he said naughtily:
 
“-Damn you old hag!
-You still have you're way to say thank you, don't you, insolent boy!
-Pff! whatever, you were here six years ago and you were already an old hag to me, so why would it change now?!”
 
A cry of pain escaped his mouth as the nurse pinched one of the many bruises he had received during the battle against his pretty fiancé.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Outside, Mokuba and Midoriko were still doing light exercises when a strange man came to the king of Ides. He had long silky blond hair tied into a low ponytail hanging on the back of his neck and down his back. His piercing blue eyes were full of mischief as he stared at the cat-eyed king. It was the red haired maiden who recognized him first.
 
“-What are you doing here traitor?!”
 
Mokuba turned around and stared at the stranger who didn't seem very charitable. The blond man moved closer to Mokuba and glared a moment, letting a silence hang over the combat area.
 
“-It's been a long time since we last saw each other, Midoriko.
 
-And I'm not complaining you dirty bastard! I can't believe what you did to Lyra, Matuni, she considered you her friend!
-Well, if she had thought of a better future with somebody more emotional, she might have a better chance of surviving…
-What do you mean; you think Kohaku will let you hurt her, asked Mokuba.
-Not necessarily me, but I thought you two might like to have some news of your caring stepfather, he misses you so much!
-If you have something to tell me about him, you better say it now!”
 
(Remember Matuni, page 5)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“-And besides, I thought you were dead, after all those years…”
 
The old woman continued bandaging his wound as if she hadn't hear Kohaku's mean remark, making sure it was really tight.(Ouch! ¬.¬) Lyra was seated by the side of the bed, her head lightly bent, letting her bangs fall over her eyes in shame. The man noticed her state and a wave of worry passed through his body.
 
“-What's wrong with you Lyra?!
-She probably is regretting getting engaged with you by now, insolent man!
-Who asked you old hag?!
-Can't a woman have pity for a girl affianced with you?!
-Shut up!”
 
A light giggle came from the side of the bed. The two fighters looked into Lyra's direction to see the girl almost as red as a tomato, crying her eyes out from laugher. The nurse and Kohaku looked at each other before Mokuba entered the room, Midoriko right behind him, terrible worries forming his features.
 
“-Kohaku, I must talk with you right now!”
 
The blond haired prince got up from his bed and went to see him in the hallway as Midoriko entered the nursery to see Lyra. They went to a corner and Mokuba took a deep breath before looking right into his younger brother's eyes.
 
“-What's wrong Mokuba, last time I've seen you so nervous was almost ten years ago…
-There is a good reason to that Kohaku! A man came to me just now…
-Not a homosexual again?! Laughter was in his tone.
-He had news from our stepfather…”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Midoriko quickly went to Lyra, panting, almost crying. She hugged her tight and the brown haired maiden returned the embrace to comfort her friend.
 
“-Oh Lyra, I'm so happy you were here, in security!
-What do you mean?!
-The bastard came back to you!
-Bastard?!
-MATUNI!! Who else?! He was here! Talking to Mokuba about a stepfather of his and trust me, Ides' king didn't seem enchanted to hear news about that man!”
 
Lyra took a moment to understand all the meaning of this terrible news. She fell into her friend's arms, starting to sob uncontrollably from fear. Midoriko hugged the princess into her arms, trying to console the crying maiden.
 
“-Why?! Why did he have to come back?! Couldn't he leave me alone?!”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kohaku jumped from surprise when he started to hear sobbing into the room. It definitely was Lyra. He thought a moment about what Mokuba told him, and asked softly but nervously:
 
“-Do you know who the man who told you this was?!
-Midoriko called him Matuni I think and she talked about him betraying her…”
 
The prince, remembering no such man quickly went into the room where his princess was sobbing louder. He entered the room to see his fiancé into her friend's arms. He went to the nurse, and before he could ask what had happened he heard Mokuba asking:
 
“-You're still alive old hag?!
-What happened here?!
-I don't know, that red haired girl talked about a bastard named Matuni and the poor maiden started to scream and to sob automatically…”
 
Kohaku stared at the girls, Midoriko returning his stare sadly. Lyra lifted her face from her friend's neck and looked at Kohaku with red and wet eyes. Still in the red haired girl, the princess took her fiancé's hand into hers and explained herself, strong emotions breaking her voice.
 
“-Matuni is the man who has been banished from the kingdom because he had leaded me to the guy who attacked me not too long after we met.”
 
Anger shot through his body as he lessoned to her. He realized that this Matuni was surely bonded to his damn stepfather. And he just knew from that man that he was to Neira. He had to find that man! He had to, just to avenge Lyra, and, a hard part of his sad past.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hey guys!! What do you think of the new chapter, I made sure to make it quite long, even though almost nothing happens…Actually, that's what I think but anywayyyy…I'm writing a whooole lot of new chapters to edit when it's time so I have time to relax between two chapters… Ah well! Lately I've started to listen to a new animated serie, Prince of tennis, I like it very much even if it's kinda odd sometimes… Also Avatar: The last airbender, Soooo Goooood!!! AND the one and only movie CARS!! IT'S JUST TOO GOOD!! Lightning Mcqueen is soo cool!! Ah well just speaking nonsense…
Ta-daa!
Super_burnin_DD -xoxox-