Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ The abducted lady ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When arranged love becomes true!
Chapter 16
The abducted lady.
 
He was only staring at the moon, seated on the grass of the edge of a cliff dominating a raging river. The sky was completely dark by that hour and the stars could all be seen. His guilt had not dissipated yet and seeing Lyra's gaze avoiding his the whole evening was hard to take any longer. His thoughts were interrupted when he sensed somebody's presence behind his back. Somehow, he could tell of the hostile waves emanating from his dark aura.
 
When a stick went down to hit the side of his head, he lied down on the soft grass to dodge it, throwing his feet up to kick his opponent's stomach. Taking advantage of his rival's confusion, he smashed his elbow to the man's forehead, pushing his foe to the ground, but still alive. Automatically running back to the camp, he stopped when he heard fighting sounds. When he identified the voice of his fiancé, he ran, and seeing she was winning, her feet kicking the stranger's chest, and punching him to a nearby tree, he took that opportunity to enlace his fingers around the visitor's throat and lifting him off the ground.
 
“-Who are you and what do you want?”
 
The boy probably wasn't older than he was. He already had a bruised cheek and he could tell of the broken ribs at his side. His short ponytail was almost all down on his scared brown eyes. The prince's fingers pushed against his opponent's throat, creating a small river of blood down his trembling lips.
 
“-Speak, or you'll get hurt.”
 
The boy's eyes widened, but he closed his mouth and bent his head, hiding under his bangs. He obviously would remain silent. Kohaku took a look at Lyra over his shoulder to make sure she was safe, but jumped out of his skin when he didn't saw anyone standing behind his back. Taking the small rope keeping his hair tied, he bonded the stranger's hands behind his back. Taking him back to the camp, hoping to see his fiancé safe, he came out of the forest and saw Lyra seated next to an unconscious Mokuba, blood flowing down from the side of his head, but one lady was missing.
 
“-Have you seen Midoriko Lyra?
-Yes, she went back into the forest, searching for water.”
 
Taking a rope into the bag attached to the right side of his horse, he tied the man to a nearby tree. Making sure it was safe, he sat on the other side of his brother, staring at the wet cloth Lyra put over his burning forehead. Lacing his fingers within her soft hair, he made her look into his eyes and pressed her cheek to his, kissing it softly, he whispered:
 
“- I'm truly sorry, I only bring you problems and worries.”
She laced her free arm behind his neck and gently pressed her fruity lips to his but a willingly made cough caught their attention. They turned and Kohaku stared at his brother an eyebrow raised. Mokuba was glaring at them, his eyes narrowed into two fine brown lines. The maiden quickly retreated and blushed fifteen shades of red. Kohaku smirked and said softly:
 
“-You should be ashamed Mokuba, cutting us like that!
-Shut up! Above my agonizing body isn't the place to make out Kohaku!”
 
The blond prince laughed out loud and Lyra stared at him, it was the first time he was so openly showing his emotions without worries. His eyes were truly showing happiness and peace, for the first time. Emotions took the best of her and she threw her arms around his waist and hid her blushing face in his chest, content with the fact that he was at peace for once.
 
“-LYRA!!
-Dear, did you hear what he said…”
 
They both saw her nodding furiously into his shirt. The oldest sighed and lied back down. Kohaku stared at her confused. Mokuba sat suddenly and asked nervously:
 
“-Where's Midoriko?!
-She's in the forest…started Lyra.
-She must have had return a while ago now…”stated Kohaku.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I am soooo sorry, I know I took really long to update but I had so much work I almost went into depression… Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed the new chappy and I will try to edit a new one each week as I did before!!
So long!
 
Super_burnin_DD -xox-