Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ Cursed kingdom ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When arranged love becomes true!
Chapter 17
Cursed kingdom
 
“-Don't worry, I'm sure she will be fine!”
 
Kohaku had gone into the woods in search for any sign of Midoriko and Lyra had stayed beside Mokuba to watch over his wound. The king had tried multiple times to comfort the worried girl, but to no avail. The dark haired boy had finally stopped to pull on his ropes in attempt to free himself; he had miserably failed as Lyra came behind him to tighten his bonds.
 
When the blond prince exited the bushes alone, the maiden's heart sank down to her toes. She had never felt so horrible. The man was looking down at his feet in shame. He had found no sign of his fiancé's best friend and it killed him inside to be so unhelpful.
 
“-I'm so sorry…
-He took her back!”
 
Kohaku's face lit up, but his brows went down in a front when he looked at the person who had talked. The dark haired boy stared down at his feet when he met Kohaku's frown.
 
“-What?!
-He…He told us to kill the men or to take back the women to him…”
 
Kohaku only stared at him, his brows furrowed dangerously low. Mokuba sat with Lyra's help and asked, curiosity obvious in his voice:
 
“-Who are you young man?!
-My name is Nathanyel but you don't need to know…
-You are Neira's legitimate prince!”
 
The boy stared at Lyra in disbelief. How could she know?! He had never seen her, he was sure of it! How come she knew who he was?!
 
“-How do you know…
-My father already received yours in our kingdom, right?!
-How would I know?! I don't even know who you are!”
 
Kohaku frowned at the tone the boy took to talk to his girlfriend, but Lyra didn't flinch. She stood and went in front of him, her hands on her hips in pride.
 
“-I am Lyra, from the almighty kingdom of Malva!
-Was your father's name Davyd, king of Silva?!
-Why do you know things like this?!
-What happened for you to haunt us like this?!
-I…”
 
Nathanyel's eyes filled with sadness and he stared back down. Kohaku's question had awakened something painful within the memories of the poor boy. Lyra turned to him and nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Kohaku's totally dilated pupils. He walked to the dark haired prisoner and made him look into his eyes and groaned, definitely wanting his question answered.
 
“-It started when my father died, one year ago, he came and claimed what he said was his. He married my mother, saying that he was from my father's royal bloodline, but I know he's lying! When I saw him menacing my mother, I became enraged but he had the last word, and banished me from my own kingdom… He said we could only come back if I had killed a man nearly my age with feline blue eyes or his dark haired fiancé… The man who was with me is my little brother; he probably abducted your friend and took her to the king…
 
Silence fell on the clearing as they took this all in. Kohaku fell to his knees, cursing under his breath; he couldn't believe his stepfather had come all the way to Neira just to have him back, and worse to have his life. As if he hadn't destroyed it enough… Anger filled his heart and he looked up at the banished prince.
 
“-I swear I'll kill him! I'll scratch his heart out from his chest and suffocate him with it!”
 
His eyes had turned entirely gold and his fangs were as sharp as razor blades. Deep groans were erupting from his throat and his hold on his sword tightened ten fold. Lyra softly put a hand on his tense shoulder, ignoring Mokuba's protests and Kohaku roughly took her hand, but didn't held it strong enough to harm her slim wrist. Nathanyel's eyes were as wide as they could go; the cursed prince was transforming in front of his eyes.
 
“-Kohaku…”
 
The young prince couldn't believe what happened; from the small whisper of the princess, the beast had come back to normal. Their eyes made contact and automatically, Kohaku relaxed and his eyes returned to a bright baby blue color with the small thin black line known as his pupils.
 
“-I have an idea to enter the gates of the castle all together.”
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Not too long after dawn the next day, people could see four persons walking into the cold and dark streets of Neira. The leader was a young prince anxious to finally go back home. His followers were all wearing black capes with their hoods on to hide their faces to the crowd that was slowly forming to greet the banished prince coming back to his rightful throne. The hidden persons were all linked by one another by a firm rope holding their hands together to prevent an escape.
 
Neira was built in the middle of a deep valley, on an island dominating a large lake. The city was quite humble, small, but big enough to protect fifty thousand inhabitants. The castle, a simple tower going very high, the sky of Silva, was the highest building in the whole kingdom. The forests around the city were thick and cold from the aftermath of winter.
 
Once to the gates of the castle, the prisoners listened to the boy explaining his presence to the sentries guarding the entrance of the fortress. After the guard sent to deliver the message of Nathanyel' arrival was back, they entered the magnificent tower and they were automatically separated, Lyra was sent down to the dungeons and the men were to meet the king in the flesh.
 
The princess was pushed down the long stairs as it seems they had no end at all! Once down, the guard unlocked the door of a small cell.
 
“-I'm sorry, it's not personal!”
 
It was the last thing he heard before he felt a hard blow on the back of his neck and then, only blackness. Lyra, in her mind felt horrible for hurting someone who hadn't done anything to her, but immensely proud that she remembered the trick Kohaku had taught her at the guild. It didn't take much time to exit the hidden dagger from her belt and to destroy her links. Quickly taking the keys from the man's limp hand, she ran through the dungeons to find the girl that had been taken from her.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
To be continued…
 
-Super_burnin_DD- xoxo