Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When arranged love becomes true! ❯ Discovery. ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When arranged love becomes true!
Chapter 21
Discovery
 
Kohaku woke up early that day, as usual, but this moment of his life couldn't be considered as usual, less ordinary. Even though he saw a lot of magic in his life and a lot of violence, he could never have prepared for that day. Kohaku left his room and his fiancée to go down to the stables for a ride. He went down the stairs of the great hall and through the door. But destiny had other plans.
 
“-Why are up this early, my prince?!
-What I am doing does not concern you Selyann.
-Is that so? Well I am sorry to destroy your plans, but I must ask you to follow me.
-Where?
-In a place you knew very well. ”
 
Kohaku saw the man turn around to head through the door he was standing in front of.
His head was screaming not to follow Selyann but his feet were acting otherwise, he slowly put one foot before another and started to follow the intriguing man. They climbed stairs that he hadn't climbed for at least ten years.
 
Flashback
 
-Prince Kohaku, the king wants to see you in his chambers.
-No.
-Prince Kohaku…
-You know what happened last time! I will not let myself be abused like this each and every time he wants. It is not as if I am his whore…
-Please, Prince Kohaku…He said he would hurt my daughter if you don't go up to his chambers...
 
End of flashback
 
He shook his head, trying to forget those memories, without success. When the men were to the top of the stairs, Selyann turned around and Kohaku understood that the man wanted him to enter the ancient royal room. The chamber was the one all the kings of Ides shared with their queen. Only Mokuba was the exception, he refused to sleep in this cursed place once he knew what had happened to young Kohaku.
 
“- I know it's hard, but you must enter, what I will show will change your life.
-How do you…
-Proceed, please…”
 
Kohaku's eyebrows rose at Selyann's command but he passed through the door ignoring the pain twisting his heart. The bedroom was empty. Nothing. Only the head of a lion was precisely carved in the wall opposite to the door, where the head of the bed was before it was moved.
“-You probably don't remember the place I will show you, but my father showed it to me when I was young, the destiny of my family is to guide the cursed heir to his freedom. Your father build it.
-My…father…
-You are the one destined to understand it's meaning.
-Wha…?”
 
Selyann pushed his medallion in the lion's face in the wall and it fit perfectly. A blue light appeared and created a perfect rectangular in the rock of the thick wall, the lion's head in the middle. The rock exploded and a room was exposed to the stupefied prince.
 
He couldn't hold himself outside, he entered the mysterious extent of the royal room and observed, amazed. There was a pillar in the back of the room and a book rested on it, light by a solar ray coming from a hole in the ceiling. Lion statues were on each side of the pillar. Kohaku approached the book and started to read the notes. They were written from his father's hand. It was a diary. It mentioned all the information his father had found on his search to his freedom.
 
“-Why did my father searched for this information?
-Before you were born, everyone thought he was the direct descendant of the cursed lover.
-So you know about that story?
-Of course I told you I was the one to show you this…To guide you, so I had to know.
-Why me?
-Because you have what it takes.
-An old man…He…He told Lyra she looked like that goddess…
-You didn't recognize her when you saw her?!
-No.
-Well, the legend says that the story is to restart so…
-But it won't.”
 
Not another word was spoken, Selyann understood Kohaku for refusing to believe it. After all, if that legend was right, Lyra would be taken away from him because of the gods' fury. Although with her sacrifice, his blood would be purified. Obliviously, his father had search a way to be freed and avoiding losing someone precious.
 
“-How come you, or your father for all that matters, didn't come before my father's death to tell him the information he needed to know, because, if you know about the story and this room, you must know what I have to do to free my blood from the beast's.
-Because he knew Father wasn't the descendant, and you weren't supposed to know about this room until you were married and had children.”
 
Selyann and Kohaku turned around to the man in the doorway. It was Mokuba.
 
“-Mokuba!? What are you doing here, how do you know about this room?!
-Don't think I didn't search all around the room for it, Father had already talked to me about this room, but not much, only that you were to discover it.
-What do you know about it?!
-This.”
 
Mokuba walked to his brother and scratched his right hand after doing the same to Kohaku's. The older pushed their hands together to mix their blood and pressed each on a page of the book. Then, the same blue light that revealed the door of the room illuminated the hand-written words and formed a sphere floating above the ground.
 
“-Mokuba, did you know about this?!
-Nope, all I knew was that we had to mix our blood and taint the writing...
-Oh boy…”
 
(Warning here about violence and blood, don't read if it will offense you.)
 
Scenes started to play into the glowing sphere which the brothers identified soon enough.
A child was seated, trembling in a corner of the room right beside this hall, the kid's bedroom. The kid had blond hair and crying blue eyes with cat pupils. But he wasn't alone in the room; a man and a woman were fighting over the education of the said child.
 
“-You can't raise him by yourself Mary, he needs a manly model in his life, I can do it.
-But you're not invited to do so; you don't suit the role of a father!
-Do not insult me woman, surely you remember what happened last time you did.
-I do, but I'm not scared of you, you can beat, rape and kill me for all I care, because I know Jackal will protect Kohaku and Mokuba, you won't be able to hurt them anymore when he'll get angry!”
 
Kohaku flinched when the man slapped the woman named Mary, Mokuba looked to the scene, his eyes were opened wide in horror and his features showed disgust. Selyann approached the brothers and asked:
 
“-Who are they, what's happening?!
-I am the kid, the woman; Mary is my mother and…Started Kohaku.
-Is the man your fa…
-No.”
 
Selyann didn't get to finish his question before Kohaku answered a frown on his features. Their attention returned to the sphere as a young voice was heard screaming.
 
“-No, no, let her go, don't touch her, stop hurting mommy, I'll do what you want!
-Sorry lad, you're not what I want…For tonight that is.”
 
The man pushed the boy aside and walked to Mary. Mokuba's eyes opened even wider and he sobbed, tears falling down his cheeks as he watched in horror his step-father rape his mother in front of his younger brother's stare. Kohaku didn't blink once as he stared at the scene. (I'm feeling kinda sadistic tonight…) The same young voice came again.
 
“-Stop, stop you're hurting her, she's in pain stop!!
-Heh, that's good boy, do you wanna join?!
 
The screams of a woman were heard as the man pushed a knife into her thigh, it's at this moment that Mokuba tore his gaze from the sphere to sob and cry his face in his hands.
He looked at Kohaku and said, his voice cracking from the emotions.
 
“-And all this time, I was away, away from the suffering you and mother had to endure…
-Do not blame yourself, you were banished, it must have it's mountain of difficulties and pains. I do not want you to dwell on what have, is, will or should happen, neither mom.”
 
Mokuba and Kohaku's eyes met and something passed between them. They both turned back to the sphere as their step-father stabbed their mother at the throat multiple times in an angle of view perfect to show the young Kohaku what he was doing. Mary let out a last `Sorry' to her child before passing on to the other world. Then Kohaku flinched once again as his step-father approached him to have another fun. He hadn't let him go back to his room, that night. Young Kohaku had cried and screamed all night for help, but no one came this time…He had been abused and raped next to the bloody corpse of his mother.
(I'm sick I know, don't need to tell me.)
 
(End of warning)
 
Then the glowing sphere changed to reveal a square and the face of their father appeared, he was holding Mary to him tightly, as if he was scared she'd try to escape, they were playing around with the youngsters that day, the day of the king Jackal's death. No one knew how it happened, except for his only siblings, his two sons. A last sentence escaped one of the three pairs of lips in the room, it was Kohaku's.
 
“-One day, I'll catch you bastard.”
(Okay, for those who skipped, we learned that Kohaku's step-father killed his mother (Kohaku's) and abused young Kohaku. Mokuba was banished at the moment so he couldn't help, but he saw what happened the night of the murder in the kid's room (step-father killing mommy) Kohaku's mommy = Mary Daddy = Jackal No one knows who killed Jackal (Yes he's dead.) But for Mokuba and Kohaku who know that it's their step-father. )
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
SOOOOOORRRRRYYYYYY!!!!! I know I have not written for you buddies in weeks! But I am so busy with school I don't believe it!But, here's a new chappy, I know this one' sick, but there's a warning, don't write flames, I'll just laugh at you because you haven't listened to me, that's your problem, not mine! I'll continue writing, don't worry!!!
Super_burnin_DD -xoxox-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
4