Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ X ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's a story that I made up yesterday. It won't leave me alone so I thought that I'd give it a whirl. It's been a long time since I've written anything about ninja and this is a POV story- something that, until now I had never written so please tell me what you think!

NOTES: I am perfectly aware that there is an anime/manga called X (X/1999 to be specific) and this really has no connection to it whatsoever. The title fit because it deals with the representation of the letter X so please bear with me. Yes this is a ninja story but it is not a Naruto rip off like most of them here. It had some class, it really does.

Title: X

By: Melissa Norvell

Genre: Angst/Adventure/Action/Romance/Drama/Psychological< /b>

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: Unconventional couple that has a considerable age gap. If you don't like things like this then you probably shouldn't read this piece. The age gap is 13 years but it's portrayed in a tasteful way. Whether or not you like it is solely up to you but I wanted to make it loud and clear before anyone got the wrong idea. HETERO pairings, Gore/Action/Intense battle scenes, mild language, there may be heavy symbolism.

Summary: HETERO. X is the letter of mystery and intrigue but for an assassin and a homeless girl, finding the true value of X is more complicated than they could both ever imagine. STORY IS BETTER THEN SUMMARY.

X

Prologue

X is a letter of many meanings. It is the 24th letter in the alphabet as well as the letter of mystery. There are many uses for the letter x- the multiplication sign, the Japanese katakana character for me, the left diagonal cross in the box drawings and the resale price maintenance system for music and print publications in saihan seido the typographic symbol that marks the first date for the fixed price and the last.

X can also mark the point in which plans and plots are made, causing deaths and perhaps even extinction. X represents all future ideals and wishes that are to be carried out in a simple equation: Number of Slain Times Amount of Time Taken To Slay equals X. To achieve my goal, I must find out what x represents.

As I look over the field of dead around me, I have realized that I've become one step closer to solving the value of X.

To Be Continued…