Other Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Daimonion ❯ Daimonion:Chapter Fifteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

You reach your house and go sneak through the door. Your mom was lying on the couch, looking sound asleep. You pull off your shoes and start to head for the hallway. "Where have you been?!" your mom snaps as she rises.
You stop dead in your tracks, knowing that you were in trouble. "Oh, I went to hang out with a few friends that I made today," you manage to say through your teeth. You brace yourself for your mom's wrath.
"Oh, all right then," she says as she starts to stretch.
You flinch in surprise; she wasn't trying to bite your head off. "Aren't I in trouble?" you force yourself to ask after a few seconds.
"Not this time but next time call me or I'll have to pull out the grounding guns," she says.
"Okay," you say as you nod.
"Well I'm going to bed," your mom says as she gets up and walks past you to her room.
Whoa! This never happens. Ever. Unless those demons have something to do with this somehow. You think to yourself.
You go to your room and shut the door. You turn on your stereo and go to your dresser. You take your night clothes off of it and change into them.

You climb into your bed and under the covers. It felt so nice to be in your own bed. You allow the music to sink deep into your head as you let yourself fall to sleep.

You are running deep inside the forest. It was dark and rain was starting to patter down on the trees. Flashes of lightning and thunder take over the sky.

You hear a load roar of men's voices as if they were at war. You run a few more feet before you see flickers of fire lighting up the night.

You come to a screeching halt as you are stopped by the sound of metal clinking from behind you. A cold, sharp blade is placed behind your neck.

You slowly turn and see Reign, the expression on his face was saddened his eyes deep with anger. "What's happening?" you ask as your voice is flooded out by the men.

He removes his sword and points it beside you to the distance. You turn away from him and walk ahead.

There, you see the unimaginable. Demons at war. Above you see Delva and Psythe on the edge of a cliff. They were fighting against other demons, completely out numbered.

Finally you see Delva extremely close to the edge. A large demon thrashing towards him with a sword. Delva steps back and slips. You run as you see him fall and collide to the ground.

You make your way through the demons as they spread from around you, not daring to touch you. You make your way to Delva.

He was laying on the ground in a pile of blood. You fall to your knees and crawl to him, tears filling your eyes, "Oh God, Delva."

You touch his cheek and he flinches, opening his shaking eyes. His hair surrounding his face; his tail curled over his knee.

"We have to get you away from here," you say trying to lift him so he could sit up.

He barely yelps in pain. He tries to say something to you but he is unable to speak. His golden, brown eyes trail to yours.

"I'm sorry," you whisper, brushing his cheek with your palm.

He gives a soft smile before taking one last breath.
You jerk in your sleep and awaken. Your eyes wide as you're breathing heavily. Your whole body covered in sweat and you are shaking. "Delva," you whisper.
You feel a pain welling up inside of your stomach and to your throat. You clench your stomach and groan in pain.
You hear someone barge into your room and flip the light on. "_____, are you all right?!" your mom's voice breaks the silence.
You look over to her. "I don't feel good."
"What's wrong?" your mom says as she walks close enough to feel your forehead, "Honey, you're burning up! I shouldn't have made you walk in the rain."
"It's okay," you murmur. Glad that she didn't.
"Well, I guess you're not planning to be going to school today, are you?"
"Do I have to?" you say, truly not wanting to go anywhere for the dream and illness.
"I guess not," your mom sighs and turns to leave the room. As she walks away, you look at your alarm clock and it was 5:38.
You groan, close your eyes and fall back to sleep.