Other Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Daimonion ❯ Daimonion:Chapter Twenty-Two ( Chapter 22 )

[ A - All Readers ]

"What are you all talking about?" Delva asks confused of what is going on.
"Well, _____, Azael is in danger and we are considering letting her go," Reign sighs, "But it's going to be very hard for-"
"Let her go?! No way! That is completely out of the question!" Delva growls, "We can protect her."
"Of course we can protect her, Delva. But, her life is put in more serious danger when she is with us," Reign explains.
"But what if something gets out and it hurts her? You know Beliya'al got out and tried to kill her! But when she was with us, he only tried to court her," Thantos argues.
"It was her destiny to stumble onto the demon world! It was her past," Delva says.
"The past is meant to be let go," Reign lowers his voice.
"But Reign, it's not her fault. She still doesn't get how important she is to us. We need her," Thantos cuts in once again.
Reign walks to the window, looking down at everything, suspecting you and Psythe to arrive at any moment, "Thantos, you know of all us know what happened between you and Psythe. You two are brothers, but you let Azael's death tear you two apart with blame and regret. What if it happens again? We're lucky you two hadn't already killed each other although, sadly, you've tried."
"It's not my fault! If it weren't for Psythe, Azael would still be herself!" Thantos says in defense.
"It wasn't Psythe's fault either. If it weren't for him, Azael would've died sooner and more in vain. The demons would've taken the Jewel of Daimonion. We wouldn't be alive if it weren't for her," Reign protests.
Reign then makes his way to the door, "Tell ____ and Psythe that I'll be back. I am going to go back to the demon world for updates and to check on the jewel." Reign opens the door and walks out, leaving Delva and Thantos alone.
Reign makes his way to the downstairs and leaves the hotel. He then heads to the gates of the demon world by taking back alleys and a field to the woods to avoid being noticed. This world is all to strange compared to ours. I don't see how ____, knowing once she was Azael can still make it here. If she were her again, she'd surely leave this place behind. Azael, I know you're still in _____; I can see you in her eyes and smile. I just wish you'd realize, _____ that you're all I ever wanted when you were Azael. But now you've come back and you see the others, how attached they've gotten to you. But do you notice me anymore? I want to protect you more than anything I can be blessed with. But by that, I'd have to let you go. I'm not ready to let you go yet, I just want some more time with you before I do. But, your safety is more important than my desires. Reign sulks with a heavy mind. He arrives in about twenty minutes, then he steps through the gate.
Reign is disgusted by what is around him. Demon's corpses lay scattered on the ground as far as his eyes can see. He runs to the house and quickly rushes in and finds the place completely as it was when he had left it. The barrier that Thantos protected it with had worked, but for how long? Reign knew what he had to do. He had to get the Jewel of Daimonion and take it into the human world. But the true danger is stepping outside with it in his hands. The other demons would surely sense it or smell the powers from it. Hopefully there are demons in our favor. Beliya'al I'm going to kill you for this
Reign takes a deep breath, unfortunately, having to leave his sword behind, he throws on his cloak lying in his room and heads out front the door. Standing there for a moment in the barrier, he looks around to see some demons staring at him. Waiting for him to run out defenseless so they can make him their unwilling prey. But Reign won't go down with out putting up a good fight, especially if his world's at stake.
He takes a deep breath and charges, demons closing in on him at all angles. He had no where to run for protection, he was like a rabbit in the middle of a pack of coyotes. He then realizes what he had to do, if he throws the jewel through the gate, the demons would try to get it by trying to make it through the void but they'd die. He gets ready and takes the large risk by tossing it through. It makes it. The demons then rush to the gate and run into it. Leaving Reign to a moment of safety. He runs again pushing the demons out of the way and climbs through the gates.
He makes it through in one piece and unharmed. He gives out a large sigh of relief and picks up the jewel, stuffing it under his cloak. He then takes the fields and through the alleys as he makes his way into the hotel. Trying to keep a low profile. When he makes it to the room, he finds that you weren't back yet.
He then lays the jewel easily on the bed. Before he had realized that he had grown frustrated, the jewel looked a dull grey color. Luckily, he had made it in time. Thantos walks over to the bed and looks at it, "From the color, I'm guessing perfect timing."
"Yes," Reign says, "But unfortunately, we may not have a home to go back to when we return."
"What do you mean? Is my barrier not working?"
"It's weakening."
"So what's up?" Delva says walking into the room. Then he spots the jewel, "Oh."
A demon rushes up to the mansion that his master is in. He knocks on the door and two maids let him in and then his master walks into the room, sensing that someone has arrived. The demon falls to his hands and knees, "Lord Beliya'al, I bring news to you."
Beliya'al raises an eyebrow, "Proceed."
"I saw Reign with the Jewel of Daimonion, but I didn't see where he went. He pushed me out of the way. The war; it's growing brutal the opposing side, it's winning." the demon says after he raises.
"How sad, you know I don't like bad news. I find it heart breaking. How's my Azael? And it better be good news," Beliya'al grows impatient.
"She's gone," the demons sighs.
"Gone?"
"Yes, we've been searching all over for her, but she isn't anywhere to be found," the demon says growing fearful of Beliya'al.
Beliya'al is now very angered with enduring the bad news. He walks over to the demon and pulls out his sword. Quickly bringing across the demons throat. "Clean this mess up, and tell who enters what happens if nothing is accomplished," Beliya'al says flipping his cloak and walking back into the other room.
Beliya'al makes it into the next room. "Beliya'al, so nice to see you," a deep voice slithers in his ears from behind.
"Good evening, Purrhos," Beliya'al says without turning.
"Let's make this fast and easy, I want the jewel," Purrhos deeply growls and thrashes half of his sword into Beliya'al's back.
Beliya'al gasps; blood coming up his throat. As he falls to the ground unconscious.