Other Fan Fiction ❯ A Paratrooper's Experience ❯ Hide and Seek ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12
2200 hours
September 22, 1944
 
 
 
 
It was a dark and cold night. I was busy getting my equipment ready and Anderson was reading a book.
Then, I heard wheel sounds from the distance. It kept getting louder. And so were the German voices.
I trotted up to Lt.Boone and reported, “ Sir, Krauts coming in. They have vehicles. There might be about a hundred of Germans.”
He nodded his head and I went back to my position.
“ Alright listen up, ladies. There are Krauts coming in. I want you to put some leaves or dirt in your helmet or face so that you will not be easily noticed. Stay in the shadows. We won't fight them. We'll just hide from them. Got it?” he said to everybody.
“ Sir, yes sir.” Everybody mumbled.
I got ready. I wiped dirt into my cheeks and got some leaves into my helmet. I looked at Anderson. He was wiping his face with dirt.
Then I heard German voices getting louder. They were walking beside the trucks. They looked like supply trucks to me.
“Für amerikanischere bastard aufmerksam sein.” I heard a man yell. It seemed as if he were the leader.
“Geehrter Herr ja Sir!” All the Germans shouted in unison.
I heard the leader mumble something and then took an MP40 from his back and reloaded it.
“Ich hörte, daß die Amerikaner versuchen, einige Brücken zu sichern.” The leader stated.
I couldn't really understand what the hell they were saying. But I listened quietly anyway.
“Dumme Amerikaner!” a soldier yelled.
“Dich schließen moron!” a guy responded.
“Ich bin dieses mal sicher, das wir gewinnen werden. Wir verloren nur auf Normandie wegen dieses verfluchten Rommel.” The leader explained.
“Bist du die Artilleriegewehren bist an der richtigen Stelle, Kapitän sicher?” a guys asked in the back.
“Ich bin nicht dumm.” The leader replied.
I looked around and saw that everybody was just watching silently. Sweat dripped from my forehead and neck.
“ Smith over here,” a voice whispered. I went to Lt.Boone. “ They're taking too long. If they don't hurry up, some soldiers will get impatient and start firing.” He explained.
“ Well, it's not my damn fault, sir.” I whispered back.
“ I know, but I'm just saying.” He replied.
I went back to my position and realized that the Krauts had gone away from our position just enough.
Everybody sighed after they had left.
“ Good, job faggots. Sleep good `cause we're moving out early tomorrow.” Lt.Boone said in his firm voice.
I quickly lied down and closed my eyes.