Other Fan Fiction ❯ Castle Souls ❯ The hero within ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Castle Souls
Chapter 1 the hero within
A black haired young boy walks down his street to look for his friends. He reaches a cave and find a red haired boy who is his age.
“Hello, Kai.” Said the red headed boy.
“Hey Ryu” Said Kai. “So what's up?”
“Oh nothing.” Said Ryu answering his question. “I was just waiting for Luna to show up.” He then threw Kai a stick.
“What the heck?!” Said Kai.
“Lets fight while we wait.” Ryu then picks up a stick and makes a fighting stance.
“Ok then, fine by me.” Kai then makes his own fighting stance.
Kai jumps at Ryu, but Ryu simply kicks him in the stomach and swings his stick hard at his face, sending him flying backward. Kai then jumps at Ryu again, dodges Ryu's kick and swings at his face. Ryu deflects with his stick and swings at Kai, He dodges Ryu's blow but Ryu quickly kicks Kai's chin making him stumble and fall.
“You lo-?” Ryu doesen't finish his sentence when Kai kicks his knee, gets up quickly and swings his stick at Ryu's face. Ryu walks backward and looks at Kai with a grin on his face.
“You were saying?” Kai says mokingly.
“Looks like our usual fights are paying off” Says Ryu. “That was the first hit you ever got on me.” He then readies his fighting stance again.
“I'm full of surprises.” Kai charges at Ryu again.
Their sticks meet once again and they continue to swing and jab at each other.
Meanwhile in another realm and another world…
A young boy with a white hat and blue clothes takes a walk with his yellow, shape shifting magic dog in a candy village.
“Finn are you sure the princess called us?” Says the magic dog.
“I'm sure Jake.” Said Finn.
“I wonder why she called us but not any other person in this land of Ooo.” Said Jake.
“Cause we are the heroes of Ooo you idiot. We defeated the lich king!” Yelled Finn.
“He's going to come back Finn.” Said Jake.
“We will be ready when he does.” Said Finn.
As they walk into the candy village they walk inside of a castle go up a flight of stairs.
“These stairs are so flipping long! How many are there?” Groaned Jake.
“Three hundred and forty six.” Said Finn lazily. “I got bored so I counted them.”
“Look an elevator!” Says Jake.
“Thank God!” Said Finn.
They reach the throne room and see a pink skinned, pink haired girl in a pink dress in a royal chair.
“Princess Bubblegum.” Said Finn.
“Hello Finn and Jake. I guess you are wondering what I called you for.” Said Princess Bubblegum.
“What do you think woman? We came here out of our own free will?!” yells Jake in frustration.
“Shut up Jake!” Finn knocks Jake on the head with his fist. “I am so sorry about him princess.”
“It's ok Finn. I understand your frustration Jake.” Says Princess Bubblegum. “I will now tell you why I called you.”
“Well, then tell us.” Says Jake.
“The wars between the realms are over and peace has returned to our lands. The realms are now separated and the Soulblade wars are over. But there is another threat in all the realms. And I need you to stop it.” Explained Princess Bubblegum.
“Does it have something to do with the Lich King?” Asked Finn.
“I believe so. But if so you cannot stop this threat alone. You mist find a person with a blade of souls and compete in the tournament of Ooo. I will explain the rest to the warrior.” Princess Bubblegum had a spark of hope in her eyes.
“Yes Princess” Said Finn.
“I'll wait for you outside dude.” Jake leaves the room and starts down the elevator.
“Finn, before you leave I want to give you this.” Princess bubblegum gives him a necklace with a pink diamond tied to it. “This way you can always remember that I care about you.”
“Thanks Princess.” Said Finn.
Princess Bubblegum runs over and gives him a hug.
“Finn I..” Starts the Princess.
“Yes Princess?” Asks Finn.
“Finn we have to go!” Yelled Jake.
“Go Finn.” Says the Princess.
“Ok bye.” Said Finn.
Huh? Was she about to say she loved me? Thought Finn.
Finn and Jake leave the candy kingdom and look for the warrior of souls.
Back in the cave…
Kai and Ryu covered with bruises and scratches.
“One more time!” Said Kai.
“You must really like losing do you.” Pants Ryu.
They charge at each other one more time, ready to deal the final blow.
“STOP!!!” Says a yellow haired girl.
Ryu and Kai stop fighting and look at the girl.
“Oh, now you show up Luna.” Says Ryu.
“Oh, what a nice greeting. Just for that I won't tend to you wounds.” Says Luna.
“Hi Luna. Is everything ok?” Kai blushes when he says this.
“Yeah I'm fine Kai don't worry about me. Now lay down and let me tend to you.” Says Luna.
Luna heals Kai's wounds and leaves Ryu's wounds alone.
“Ok now so what do you wanna do?” asks Luna.
“We could swim in my pool.” Says Ryu.
“Yeah!” Yells Kai.
They swim in the pool and get out after an hour.
“Man, where is my towel?” Says Kai.
“I have it you noob!” Yells Ryu.
“Ryu, give Kai back his towel” Says Luna.
“Ok.” Ryu gives kai back the towel. “Here's your towel you big baby.”
“You're the baby Ryu.” Says Kai.
They wipe themselves and go home. After that they say their goodbyes and go to their houses.
“Well, its time for me to go to sleep.” Says Kai.
He drops on his bed and goes to sleep.
“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Yells a girl.
“That sounded like Luna!” Kai quickly gets out of his bed and goes to where the scream is coming from.
He reaches a graveyard and sees Ryu holding Luna unconscious on his arms.
“Ryu! You found her! Quick, lets take her home!” Says Kai.
“No.” Ryu summons a scythe with a golden hilt on the middle and blades on both sides. He swings at Kai but Kai quickly dodges.
“Whoa! Whoa! Ryu I thought we were friends!” Yelled Kai.
“I don't think so you jerk. I'm doing Luna a favor by staying away from you. I care about her.” Says Ryu.
“But you knocked her unconscious! That's not friendship!” Said Kai.
“Oh grow up Kai. You know you love Luna. You're just too scared to admit it to her.” Says Ryu.
“This isn't about love! What is this about? Why are you taking Luna? What do I have to do?” questioned Kai.
“I don't have time to explain things to you idiot.” Ryu snaps his fingers and skeletons come to life and gather to attack Kai.
“Have a safe trip! NOT!!!!” Ryu swings his scythe and opens a portal and leaves Kai with the skeletons.
Kai puts his hands into fists and gets ready to fight the skeletons.
“You wanna fight!? Then come on!” yells Kai.
He punches the skeletons breaking their bones, but they keep re-forming and coming back.
They keep on coming back. Thought Kai. If only there was a way to keep them down.
The skeletons start fighting back. They start to scratch him, head-butt him, kick him and punch him. Kai fell to the ground and started crying.
Why Ryu? Thought Kai sadly. Why did you do this to me?
“The Soulblader has come!” Says a voice.
A blade falls to the ground in a flash of light and reappears in Kai's hand.
“This is one of the legendary Soulblades. Use it well.” Finishes the voice.
“If you say so!” Says Kai.
Kai gets up and starts slashing his sword at the skeletons. Each skeleton Kai hits with the Soulblade it turns into dust.
“Take That!!” Says Kai proudly.
The remaining skeletons then fused together to make one giant skeleton. The giant skeleton punched at Kai sending him flying backward.
Aim for the legs. Kai thought. A fighter cannot fight without it's legs.
Kai then slashes the Soulblade at the skeleton's legs making it fall. It's entire body broke into pieces and then turned into dust.
“The bigger they are, the harder they fall you know.” Says kai in triumph.
A black hole rips through the sky sucking the skeleton remains.
“Whoa! I have never seen a black hole before.” Says Kai.
The black hole then starts to suck Kai too.
“Holy -!!!” Kai doesn't finish his sentence as he gets sucked into the black hole.
I'm getting sucked in? Where is it taking me? Am I going to die? Am I ever going to save Luna and Ryu? Thought Kai.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
On the next chapter…
Kai is lost in a new world and finds someone that can help him. He also finds some new enemies and tries to find out what exactly a Soulblade is. Who is the person who helps Kai? What are the challenges Kai will face? Will he do what is right? Or will he fail miserably? Find out in the next chapter of Castle Souls!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Author's Note: Hello and thank you for reading the first chapter of Castle Souls. If you think the story needs improvement post it in the review section. Thank you for your time.