Other Fan Fiction ❯ Castle Souls ❯ Ooo ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Castle Souls
Chapter 2 Ooo
A lady with pale skin and Goth like clothes drags Kai to her house. She then lays him down on a sofa chair and waits for him to wake up. Slowly, Kai wakes up from his unconsciousness.
“So you finally wake up.” Said the pale skinned teen. “I thought you were dead.
“Wha?” Says Kai. “Who are you? Where am I?”
“I am Marceline the Vampire Queen. You are in the land of Ooo.” Replied Marceline. “Its not good to sleep openly in Ooo you know. You're lucky I found you.”
“Oh flip!!” Kai quickly summons his Soulblade in a flash of blue smoke and points it at Marceline. “Back off Vampire lady!”
“Relax. I only eat things that are red…usually.” Says Marceline. “What kind of blade is that?”
“It's a Soulblade. Why do you want to know?” Said Kai.
“Oh yeah. Princess Bubblegum said something about that. I forgot what she said exactly though.” Replied Marceline. “I think she said she was looking for you.”
“Can you take me to her?” Asked Kai.
“She's at the candy kingdom. It's going to be a long walk though.” Says Marceline. “But, ok I'll take you there.” Marceline then walks out the door with Kai following her.
They walk into a dark forest staying aware of their surroundings. They watch each other's backs until they see some light and walk into a meadow.
“Well, I guess the coast is clear.” Says Marceline.
“Hey, what's that?” Says Kai suspiciously.
Marceline looks and finds two shadowy figures of human beings.
“Drat. These are Soulless. Souls of animals or human beings that have no body. Which in the end their soul became mutated. They have no purpose except stealing souls or finding the Soulblader.” Marceline looks at Kai suspiciously. “That's you right?”
“Yeah. Death told me I was the `one worthy to hold the Soulblade'” Kai makes a fighting stance and gets ready to use the Soulblade.
“Then let's see how good you really are.” Marceline summons an axe-bass.
The first Soulless lunges at Marceline but she spins her axe-bass around and swings at the Soulless making it fade into nothingness. The second Soulless comes up behind her and got close to sucking out Marceline's soul. But Kai intervenes and stabs the Soulless with the tip of his Soulblade. The Soulless fades away into the air.
“You're pretty good. But lets see how good you really are.” Marceline points to the five Soulless that were getting ready to attack.
“By the way that giant one is probably the one that you might have to worry about.” Marceline brings out a small laugh.
“I hate you.” Kai says sarcastically.
“Whatever, loser.” Marceline says this with a smile on her face.
The Soulless charge at Kai while he makes a defensive stance to counter the Soulless.
In another part of Ooo…
Finn and Jake were still searching for the `blade of souls'. They were close to giving up and going home.
“Dude, let's give up. We've been searching for hours.” Jake sounded very tired.
“Yeah, let's go home.” Said Finn. “Wait, what's that?”
They heard the sound of fighting, yelling, and metal clashing.
“Did you hear that?” Said Finn.
“Please tell me it was food! Please tell me it was food!” Jake was very desperate.
“YOU LAZY DOG!! STOP THINK ING ABOUT FOOD FOR ONCE!!!!” Yelled Finn. “Listen, it sounds like people fighting.
The duo look for where the fighting is coming from. When they finally find it, they find their friend Marceline watching Kai fight.
“Its Marceline and those annoying Soulless!” Yelled Finn.
“Who's the kid?” Asks Jake.
“I don't care. We have to save them!” Finn runs along with Jake to the fighting scene.
Meanwhile…
Kai slashes two Soulless and runs right up to the other two and cuts them in half. He then charges at the big Soulless and starts to slash at it, but the Soulless summons a sword and blocks the slash. The Soulless slashes back at Kai, but Kai jumps over the slash and cuts off it's finger. The finger faded away but the Soulless feels no pain and punches Kai sending flying over to where Marceline was standing making her tumble over with him.
“Hey watch where you're going!” Marceline yelled.
“Sorry.” Kai said.
“Oh here come the two heroes.” Marceline said sarcastically.
“Who?” Kai look at where Marceline's eyes were fixed on.
Finn and Jake come into the scene and fight the Soulless. Jake stretches around him like a blanket and tightens up around him, forcing him to stand still. Then, Finn takes out a sword with a branch as a hilt and threw it at the Soulless's arm, making him unable to move.
“Hey! Watch where you're throwing that!” Jake says in fear.
“Sorry.” Finn replies suddenly embarrassed that he almost hit his best friend.
“Hold him down!” Kai yells.
The Soulless breaks free by disappearing into smoke and reappearing behind Jake punching him in the back of his head.
“Ow!” Jake yelled.
Finn takes out a stone sword and jumps 5 feet over Jake. Then, while descending down to the floor he slashes his sword and cuts off the arms of the Soulless in only one movement of his sword. The arms turn fade into dust and flies away with the wind. Then Kai throws his Soulblade right at it's chest. It went through its chest and the Soulless slowly faded away into dust.
“Thanks for the help. Who are you?” Kai summons his Soulblade back to his hand.
“These two losers are Finn and his mutt Jake.” Answered Marceline.
“We're not losers! We're heroes!” Finn looked mad.
“Yeah, whatever. So what brings you here?” asks Marceline.
“We were supposed to find the weilder of `the blade of souls'. But we found you and this kid here fighting a bunch of Soulless.” Said Jake.
“Well, my name is Kai not `this kid here' and I'm the person that you are looking for.” Says Kai nervously.
“Hmm.” Finn slowly takes the sword from Kai's hand and examines it.
“Yeah, it's you. I can literally see the souls coming out of that blade.” Marceline was literally looking in admiration at the blade.
“Come with us. The princess wants to see you.” Said Jake.
“That's funny.” Marceline said this with a touch of humor. “We were just going to Bonibelle right now.”
“Ok, let's go see her then.” Kai was in a hurry to find his answers. “I mean NOW!!”
The group walk to the candy kingdom and go inside.
“Ha ha! Not this time stairs!” Jake opened the elevator and went in.
“You're right Jake.” Marceline said this with more humor. “If you went you would probably crush them all anyway.”
“I am going to stake you one day.” Jake said.
“You tried once remember?” Said Marceline.
Flashback…
Finn and Marceline were walking through a field of flowers. Marceline had an umbrella on her head covering herself from the sun's rays.
“So Finn are you ready to do your next job as a servant?” Asked Marceline.
“Huh?” Said Finn obviously distracted by the flowers.
“Don't tell me you forgot already?” Said Marceline. “You have to take that old man's place as my servant because you wanted to be the hero and help everyone in need.”
“Oh yeah, I didn't forget.” Finn said eagerly. “What's the next job for me as your servant?”
“We're going to strangle some pixies!” Marceline said excitedly.
“Radical!” Finn yelled.
“Are you sure?” Marceline was very surprised. “The last tasks you weren't very willing to do them.”
“Yeah! Because everything you ask me to do is for a good reason.” Finn simply replied.
Jake suddenly came out of nowhere with a stake and charged at Marceline.
“Die! Fiend!” Said Jake.
“Jake what the flip are you doing?” Finn was pulling Jake away from Marceline.
“They've already possessed you man!” Jake said in an afraid manner. “Don't worry I'll save you!” Jake pushed Finn away while Marceline hid under her umbrella. Jake stabbed the umbrella piercing through and stabbing Marceline. Jake opened the umbrella and saw a big fog as she faded away.
“Oh, thanks Jake. You overcome your fear and saved me.” Finn said.
“It was no problem.” Said Jake as he ran home to celebrate.
Marceline came out of Finn's backpack in her small bat state.
“Thanks for letting me hide in your backpack Finn.” Said Marceline. “I'm firing you as my servant.”
“Why?” Said Finn.
“Because its no fun tricking you when you already know what it is meant for.” Explained Marceline.
“Ok, are we still going to do pixie strangling tomorrow?” Asked Finn.
“Yeah, sure.” Marceline takes her umbrella and flies away as Finn walks home.
End of Flashback…
“Oh yeah.” Said Jake. “I was hoping you were dead.
They reached to the princess's throne room and they all bowed down and sat on a chair.
“Did you bring me what I asked you for?” Asked Princess Bubblegum in concern.
“Yes. We found the `blade of souls' that you have requested princess.” Said Marceline.
“What are you doing here Vampire Queen?” Princess Bubblegum had a very severe tone.
“I just found him laying unconscious on my lawn and I saved him from getting eaten.” Marceline said.
“Ok, thank you very much. Now get out!” Princess Bubblegum said sharply. “I want to talk to the Soulblader alone.”
“Ok. Kai we'll wait for you on the first floor.” Marceline along with the others went outside the door and went to the first floor.
“Um, yes?” Kai said nervously.
“The great Soulblader.” The Princess said in awe. “Its really you. It's a real honor.”
“Thanks. I guess.” Kai felt flattered yet embarrassed.
“So, can you do me a favor?” Asked Princess Bubblegum.
“Yes, Princess.” Said Kai.
“Please, call me Bonibel.” Said Princess Bubblegum. “Now about your assignment…I need you compete in a tournament and win the ultimate prize, the wish of Death.”
“Why do you need this wish?” Asked Kai.
“Our realm along with many other realms are being attacked by Soulless and Bodiless. Soulless are mutated souls without bodies without being purified by Death while Bodiless are mutated bodies that haven't been buried on the ground. The leader might be the lich king but we don't know for sure. But anyway, we need that wish to save all of the realms from destruction.” Explained Bonibel
“I understand, but how do I compete?” Asked Kai.
“You must first apply and compete in a team of three. I will ask the Billy and the magic man to train you a week before the tournament.” Said Bonibel.
“Ok princess.” Said Kai.
“You may now leave.” Said Bonibel.
Kai exited to the first floor and told his newfound friends about his conversation with Bonibel.
In a dark part of Ooo…
A tall hooded man talked to Ryu in a dark room.
“You know Ryu, you can turn on the lights in the room.” Said the hooded man. “It's really dark here.”
“This room…represents my life.” Ryu points to Luna unconscious inside a capsule. “So what will you do with Luna?”
“I will use her to lure the Soulblader to me. I plan to defeat him and use his soul to power Castle Souls and make the Tele-blade and destroy all the realms.” Said the hooded man. “Now go to sleep. I will watch the girl in the capsule.”
“Thank you my lord.” As the hooded man leaves the room, Ryu goes to sleep on his bed.
“Soon everything will fall into place. Soon my power will return.” Said the hooded man. “And soon Kai will fuse with me.”
On the next chapter…
Kai, Finn and Jake compete in the tournament of Ooo to save the realms. But do they have enough power to win the tournament and get Death's wish? And what are the plans of the hooded man who wants to lure Kai? Can Luna be saved? Or will she stay unconscious forever? Find out in the next exciting chapter of Castle Souls!