Other Fan Fiction ❯ Castle Souls ❯ Tournament Time ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Castle Souls
Chapter 3 Tournament Time!
Kai had been training with the Magic Man to learn about the ways of magic.
“Come on! You can't win the tournament if you're just gonna fight like Jake.” Said the Magic man.
“Hey!” Yelled Jake. “I fight better than you, you lazy sack of poo.”
The Magic Man got pissed off. “Why you son of A -” Finn comes out of nowhere and slaps him across the face.
“Just keep training Kai, Magic Man!” Said Finn.
“Alright.”
Then they went to Billy the original hero of Ooo to learn hand-to-hand combat and sword fighting.
“No, no. Jab then thrust not thrust then jab.” Said Billy.
“Oh ok. Sorry.” Said Kai.
“Say Billy,” Said Jake. “Why did you stop being the hero of Ooo anyway?”
Billy looked at him as if he was stupid. “Do you not see my flipping beard?!” Yelled Billy. “Its white! So white that the sun can glow off it.” The sun's rays glows off Billy's white beard just to prove his point.
“Oh.” Said Jake.
Billy continued training Kai. “Roll, thrust and jab.”
Kai does a roll then he slashes at Billy and stabs at him. Billy dodges quickly.

“There you go!” Said Billy. “Now that's how you do sword fighting. Now for some punching.”
Kai leaves Billy's house along with Finn and Jake to go to sleep.
“Where am I gonna sleep?” Said Kai.
“You can sleep with us.” Said Finn.
“Really?”
“Yeah. You can sleep next to me.” Said Finn.
They all go to the tree fort which Finn and Jake live in.
“I know it doesn't seem like much but hey, a home's a home.” Said Jake.
“Are you kidding?” Said Kai. “This place is great!”
“Glad we could help.” Finn goes to their bedroom.
“Where do I sleep?” Said Kai tagging along.
“Next to me.” Said Finn as he lays down on his bed wearing a sleeping bag all over his body leaving only his face open. “Come on. We won't hurt you.”
Kai lays down next to Finn. “Thanks guys.”
“No problem!” Said Finn and Jake Simultaneously.
Kai falls into a peaceful sleep and starts to have a dream.
In Kai's dream…
Kai is back on his hometown. But it is filled with piles of debris and destruction. The city was totally abandoned with no inhabitants.
“What happened to my home?” Said Kai.
“Nothing, this is merely a possible future.” Said a voice.
“Who said that?!”
“Me.” Smoke filled the area and a Skeleton with black robes and a golden crown appeared in Kai's face. He was bigger than the skies but he then zoomed himself down to Kai's size.
“What do you want?” Said Kai.
“I am Death. I have shown you this destroyed city because that is what will happen if you fail.” Said Death. “I have given you the Castle Soulblade because you are the chosen one ready for it.”
“Fail what? The Tournament?” Said Kai.
“Yes and No. You must do even more than that.” Said Death.
“Why did you give me the Soulblade?” Said Kai.
“The original wieldier was supposed to Ryu but he has chosen to follow evil. So I chose you. Now fight me to prove your strength” Death summons a Soulblade with a golden hilt and the sword has two blades on it, making an X. “If you die, you won't ever wake up from this dream.”
Kai summons his Soulblade in a flash of blue light. The city then turns into nothingness. Showing only darkness, where only Kai and Death could only see each other. Kai does a fighting stace, while Death stays the same.
Kai charges at Death and slashes his Soulblade but Death blocks it and the Soulblade gets stuck on the middle on the X on Death's sword. Death kicks Kai on his stomach send Kai flying backward.
“Chosen wieldier of the Castle Soulblade. Pathetic, I expected more Kai.” Cackled Death.
“Oh you'll get more.” Kai summons his Soulblade back to his hand and charges back at Death.
Death jumps over Kai, but Kai expected that. Kai turns around and points his Soulblade at Death.
“Fireball!” A flaming ball of fire shoots out of Kai's sword and towards Death.
The fireball hits Death and starts burning him. Death uses dark aura to stop the flames. Kai then leaps at Death and slashes his Soulblade at Death. The Soulblade hits Death and Death stands still for a brief moment. Then Death falls onto the floor and start panting.
“You know, I wasn't using my full power. I was only trying to see your potential.” Said Death as he starts to disappear into fog. “We will meet again Kai, but first you must know something.”
“What?”
Death closes his eyes and re-opens them but instead of hollow holes, his eyes are glowing.
“Beware the treasure that you want, because someone might cause you death upfront” Death disappears into a green fog.
Three skulls appear and charge at Kai. Kai cuts the first Skull in half but then the second skull bites his arm and leaves a swollen red mark on Kai's arm. Kai slams his Soulblade into the ground and the ground starts to shake.
“Earthquake!” Rocks come out of the ground and slams the last two skulls into dust.
Kai then falls into a hole and as he is falling he hears voices on his head.
“Fall into Death.” Said the Voice. “Die, and you won't have to worry about anything or anyone.”
After the Dream…
Kai wakes up from his bed. He gets up and looks outside the window, it was sunny and the people of Ooo were going to the arena to watch the tournament. Kai looks around the room, he doesn't see Finn or Jake.
I have to get ready for the tournament.Thought Kai as he looks at his arm only to see the red scratch on his arm. But it was only a dream… Kai runs down to the living room and finds Finn and Jake.
“So you ready to go to the tournament?” Asked Finn.
“Yes, I'm ready.” Said Kai. “Aren't we gonna eat something?”
“We'll eat on the way to the tournament.” Said Jake. “They have hot dogs.”
The trio then walk to the arena and find a muscular guard.
“Competitors or Spectators?” Asked the guard.
“Competitors.” Said Kai.
“Hmph, you three shrimp?” Laughed the other guard. “Right! My grandma has more meat on those bones than you three.”
“Wanna bet?” Challenged Finn as he kicked the guard on the face.
The guard spits on the ground. “Not very bad for a rookie. Let's see how you do with my fellow comrades.” The guard's friends come out to help their comrade.
“Bring it on!” Said Kai. He summons his Soulblade in a flash of blue light.
Finn and Jake go on their fighting stances and get ready to fight too. Kai jumps over the guard, lands behind him and kicks his groin. The guard slumps onto the ground and passes out due to the pain on his groin. The guards bring reinforcements and move in on Finn and Jake.
“Finn grab my hand!” Said Jake.
Finn nods and takes out a stone sword and hands jake his vine sword. They both grab each other's hands and spin around slowly.
Oh, I get it now. Thought Kai as he pointed his sword at the spinning duo. “Fireballs!” The fireballs go around Finn and Jake as Kai wills them to connect together. They connect and make a flaming ring of Fire revolving around Finn and Jake as they spin faster and faster.
“What are they doing?” Said one of the guards.
“This is it Finn!” Said Jake.
“Let's go bananas buddy!” Said Finn.
The ring gets smaller and smaller as Finn and Jake spin faster and faster. Then they start to glow as the flame touches them. The guards charge at them, but they were both ready and as they were spinning they hit the guard's armor with their blades causing them to burn and run away.
Ring Of Fire: Burning Strike!” They all said together as the two stopped spinning.
“Guys that was flipping awesome!” Said Kai.
“Yeah, we made it up while you were training.” Said Jake.
“But why?” Said Kai.
“Cause we wanted it to be a surprise.” Said Finn. “But we had no choice with the guards coming to beat us up and all that.”
“But good idea with the fire though.” Said Jake.
“Whatever.” Said Kai. “Let's just go to…ummm…where do we go to?”
“The waiting room.” Said Finn.
“How can you be so sure?” Said Kai.
“Cause I've been here pretty much my whole life, while you have only been here for a day.” Finn had a superior expression on his face.
“Shut up.” Said Kai.
They all walked towards the waiting room and saw fighters flexing, or trying to beat each other up before the tournament even started.
“Sheesh.” Said Kai. “Tough crowd.”
Finn and Jake nodded their heads in union. “This is how it is in the land of Ooo.” Said Finn and he sat on a chair. “By the way what's our team name?”
“You'll find out.” Said Kai.
“Kai!” Finn grabs him by the collar of his shirt. “What did you pick for our team name?”
“Team Finn.” Said Kai. “You're the most experienced and the strongest guy I know here. So I put your name.”
Finn drops Kai onto the ground. “You better change that name to Team Kai.” Finn helps him up. “Cause you're the most loyal and strongest friend I ever met.”
Kai gave a huge smile. “Thanks.” Then he sees a creature behind Jake trying to hit him with a chair. “Jake look out!”
Jake looks behind him and gets hit with the chair. He stumbles backward and falls on the ground. Jake stretches his arm to make it look muscular.
“You wanna mess with this?” Jake flexes his stretched muscles and laughs as the creature runs away from Jake.
A man walks in and reads a paper on his clipboard. “Team Finn and Team Ice report to the arena.” He listens as Finn walks over and whispers something in his ear. “There has been a change in plans. Team Finn's new name is Team Kai. Team Kai and Team Ice report to the arena.”
Kai, Finn and Jake report to the arena and find a light blue man in a light blue robe, a Tree-witch with a brown ripped dress and…a penguin.
“What kind of a team is that?” Kai points at the penguin. “That penguin is the most normal thing I have seen in the two days I have been here.”
“Don't worry about him,” Said Jake. “He's probably not that much of a threat.”
“You will not escape from me this time Finn.” Said the blue man.
“Who is that nerd?” Said Kai. “Rotten sandwiches look better than that guy.”
“Oh that's the Ice King. He's had a grudge on me ever since I stopped him from forcing princesses to marry him.” Finn points at the penguin. “That Ghunther. I don't know why the Ice King entered him in the tournament. He must be…umm…how do I put this..” Finn points at the Ice King uses his other hand to point at his head and spins his finger around his head multiple times.
Kai waves at the Ice king. “What's up gramps?”
“Why you little fool! Don't think just because you have the Soulblade you are invincible.” Said the Ice King.
A referee comes onto the arena and hold out his hands. “Team Kai are you ready?”
“Yes, sir!” Kai yelled out.
“Still hungry.” Jake said.
“Team Ice are you ready?” Said the referee.
“We're ready to kill these jokes of heroes!” Said the Tree Witch.
“Who is that Tree Witch?” Asked Kai.
“You just said her name.” Said Finn.
“Still need food.” Said Jake.
Finn gets out a sausage and throws it at Jake. Jake catches it with his teeth and eats it whole.
“FIGHT!!!” Said the referee.
Finn got out his vine sword and stone sword. He ran at Tree Witch and jabbed it at her, but she dodges quickly and creates a magical shield. She hits Finn with it sending him stumbling backward. She then grabs Finn's vine sword and slashes at Finn with it. Fortunately, Finn grabbed his stone sword and blocks the hit.
“You will pay for making me fracture my branch!” Said Tree Witch.
Finn slashes his sword at Tree Witch but only cuts her yellow hair. “You deserved it! You were gonna do evil to Ooo.”
Tree Witch knocks Finn down making him tumble onto the floor, his stone sword is separated from him by five feet. Finn starts running to his stone sword, but Tree Witch pins him down onto the floor and holds Finn's vine sword up to strike him.
“I hope you like seeing Death, Finn.” Said Tree Witch.
Kai then comes out into the open and punches Tree Witch across the arena. She hits the wall, but then she uses psychokinesis to manipulate Kai's body and levitate him. She aims Finn's vine sword at Kai's neck.
“I've had enough with-” She doesn't finish her sentence as Finn punches her on the head forcing her to fall unconscious.
“Next time you steal my stuff, you're gonna regret it.” Said Finn as he picks up his vine sword.
Jake rushes over to Kai and Finn. “So how'd the fight go?” Asked the talking dog.
“Great! What took you so long with Gunter?” Asked Kai.
“The Ice King froze my arms.” Jake shows his frozen arms. “But that penguin is as good as squashed.”
“I hope you like having dreams of crystals, cause that's what you're gonna become!” The Ice King froze Finn and Jake and shot an ice beam at Kai.
Kai willed his sword to turn into fire and he blocks the ice beam. “You like ice? Then, you'll hate FIRE!!!” Kai shoots out a blast of fire out of the tip of his sword.
The Ice King shoots another Ice beam and their blasts clashed. As they continued clashing the ice then turned into water, making a big puddle. Kai's blast of Fire stopped and the Ice King nearly froze Kai but Kai ducked quickly.
“Fine, if you wanna be that way.” Kai stabbed his sword onto the floor. “Lightning!” A big, shocking blast of lightning hit the Ice King and he tumbled facedown onto the puddle.
“The winner is Team Kai!” Said the referee.
Kai shoots out fire from his sword to get his two friends out of the ice. He then let his Soulblade disappear in a flash of blue light.
The crowd in the stands start cheering for the winning team as they went back into the waiting room.
“Sorry for letting you guys get frozen by the ice.” Said Kai.
“Its okay it's not your fault.” Said Finn.
“Yes it i-” Finn covered Jake's mouth.
Then four creatures appeared out of the darkness. They had sharp fangs and were wearing full armor. Kai slashed at the first creature, it got cut in half and its remains sinked to the ground. Jake crushed the other two by stretching his height and sitting on them and Finn cuts the last one in half with his vine sword.
“What were those?” Said Finn.
“They're called Bodiless. Living beings without souls.” Said a voice behind them.
The trio turned around and saw a pink skinned girl in pink armor. She had claws that could cut people into sushi, and fangs that could make a lion run to its mommy.
“Bonibel?” Said Kai.
“Why do people always mistake me for the bubblegum princess?” Said the pink girl. “My name is Miyame and you better remember that.”
“Ok, ok.” Said Kai. “We're Team Kai. I am Kai and these are my friends Finn and Jake.”
“Ah, you guys. Nice match.” Said Miyame as she flexed her arms. “Well, that was some beating you gave the Ice King.”
“Thanks. I guess.” Said Jake.
Miyame then slaps her head as if she forgot something. “I gotta go to my next match.” She said calmly. “See you later.” She then disappears in black smoke.
Bodiless? Thought Kai. Sort of like what Bonibelle told me.
“Kai we gotta go to the waiting room.” Said Finn.
“Alright, I'm coming.” Kai then rushes off to the waiting room with his two friends.
In the darkest part of Ooo…
Ryu and the hooded man were receiving a transmission. They checked and saw Miyame through the transmission.
“What is it?” Said the hooded man.
“We met the Soulblader and saw him fighting four Bodiless with a human boy and a dog.” Said Miyame.
The Lich King growled. “Finn and Jake. They ruined my plans to take over Ooo once again.”
“Yes. Apparently, those three are competing in the tournament to receive Death's wish” Said Miyame.
“Hmm. Very interesting. Go destroy them. And bring me Kai's Soul and Death's wish.” Said the hooded man and he put his hand on Ryu's shoulder.
“Yes, Lich King.” Said Miyame. She then closed the transmission.
The Lich King took off his hood revealing his human face with black skin. “I got this new body since Finn and Jake destroyed my old one.” The Lich King went into a room and gestured Ryu to follow him. “Come with me, you have much more important things to do than compete in a mere tournament.”
“Yes, my lord.” Said Ryu as he tags along with the Lich King.
“We will travel to the ice realm. Where I shall recruit an ally.” Said the Lich King.
“But how will we get there my lord?” Asked Ryu.
“We will get there by ship. This ship has the power to access the realms that were originally one.” Said the Lich.
“Why did they separate.” Asked Ryu.
The Lich King turned around and faced Ryu. “Long ago, these realms were once one. But then the Second Great Mushroom War also known as the Second Great Soulblade War caused them to separate. The destruction was so great, that it split every place in Ooo that was originally one into separate realms that float on space waiting for inhabitants.”
“Wow. Must have been some fight over a mushroom.” Said Ryu.
“They were fighting over the Mushroom Soulblade. The Soulblade was rumored to be as powerful as the Ex-Soulblade.” Said the Lich. “Now come on! We have a realm to explore!”
The went into the ship and floated off into space. They saw a kingdom of Ice with mountains surrounding it and lots of penguin servants.
“So are we here?” Asked Ryu.
“Yes! Welcome to the Ice Kingdom! Where the great Ice King lives!” Said the Lich.
On the next chapter…
Kai, Finn and Jake make it to the finals and fight Miyame's team, but then they learn about the horrible truth about the entire team. Meanwhile, the Lich King and Ryu go to the Ice Kingdom to get Ice King to help them take over the realms. What do they plan to do? Why do they need Ice King to assist them with their task? And can Kai and his newfound friends Finn and Jake stop the plans of the Lich King? Find all the answers and more in the next chapter of Castle Souls!