Other Fan Fiction ❯ Crypton Academy for Vocaloid Enhancement (クリプトンアカデミーボーカロイド用の拡張) ❯ Chapter 3: The Crypton Academy for Vocaloid Enhancement (クリプトン ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 3: The Crypton Academy for Vocaloid Enhancement
 
“Hello there.”
 
Both Vocaloids looked up, fear in their eyes.
 
The men smiled, and knelt down. “Don't be scared. My friend and I are from Crypton Future Media. You said something about singing androids?” The Vocaloids sat frozen. They couldn't tell him what they were. The man smiled, and continued, “We heard from one of our employees that Yamaha were planning on releasing two singing androids. Do you know about it?”
 
Kaito looked to Meiko. She nodded, “Yamaha is going to shut them down. I heard they ran away. What would you do if you found them?
 
“We'd love to have that type of technology. We'd help with their vocal training and then release them to the industry as stars,” the man smiled, “We'd also make them more companions to sing with, and we'd open the Crypton Academy for Android Enhancement to teach them all what they need to know to be their best. They'd be our family.”
 
Kaito smiled, `They're called Vocaloids.” The men looked at the two of them as the unfolded from each other.
 
“We're them,” Meiko completed, standing up, Kaito helping support her. The men knew it all along, and took the pair's hands.
 
“Let's go home.”
 
The Crypton building was pretty big compared to Yamaha's complex. The two employees showed the androids around, and introduced them to what seemed to be every member on staff, and assigned a few of them to make up two bedrooms for their new members of their Vocaloid Project.
 
Meiko was a little wary, but enjoyed how the Crypton employees treated she and Kaito with high respect and regards. Their beds weren't plastic medical beds, but comfortable mattresses with sheets and blankets.
 
Kaito was impressed by their meals. Kaito and Meiko were given meal passes to use the Crypton cafeteria with the workers, and had access at all times. No more vending machines necessary. They even made sure to always have ice cream and One Cup, since the two were fond of them.
 
The thing that sold them both 100% to the new company was the intensity of their training. It still was easy to follow, and the Vocaloids could take breaks when needed, but they learned so much in each lesson, and their voices drastically improved each day. They learned better than they did with Yamaha. It seemed that Crypton knew exactly what and how to teach Meiko and Kaito.
 
After 4 pleasant months with Crypton, the day came when they were asked to help with the Academy.
 
“We have acquired an old boarding school on the shores in northern Japan,” the CEO informed Meiko and Kaito, who were eating with him at the time, “ We will be sending your private instructors with you, and you will be living there. You will still continue in your lessons, but you will also help the instructors teach our new Vocaloids all they need to know. When you are not training and teaching, you will be performing. It will be a very relaxed academy. Classes will be taught three times a week, and all other time will be for gaining experience in acting like humans, and in performing. Kaito and Meiko, you will be releasing your first songs three weeks after your arrival, and will perform and record on your own schedule. The instructors will be your managers. We will all stay behind and work on more Vocaloids to release and other things that will help.”
 
Meiko listened intently and nodded, “Basically, it will make life a lot easier for us to continue to learn to be human and perform as music stars at the same time.”
 
The CEO nodded, “You leave tomorrow for the school. Your newest student will arrive in 4 days. “
 
Kaito smiled, “What is the name?”
 
The CEO puffed on his cigar and Meiko took a sip of her sake. “Her code is Vocaloid CS-01. Her name is Hatsune Miku.”
 
“Miku,” Meiko smiled, “She will be beautiful won't she?” Kaito nodded, and the CEO smiled.
 
“We picked that name for Futuristic First Sound. We figure she is the first Crypton-made Vocaloid, so you wouldn't mind.” The two nodded, and smiled, not offended at all. Meiko and Kaito were named last minute, at least they were thinking here.
 
“How old will she be?”
 
“16. She is really going to need you two. You are great role models to look up to. Meiko, you have a lot of spunk and attitude, which a true music idol needs. You also have a beautiful tone, and a great outlook when it comes to music. Kaito, you are compassionate and loving, and have a lovely voice. She will become a great singer and person thanks to you.”
 
Meiko blushed, and Kaito bowed with a quick arigato. They had never been complimented before at Yamaha. This was a treat. The plane left for the Academy the next afternoon. The two had never been more excited.