Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ Escape Attempt ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Not everything will be covered in the POV stories, just most of the main plot and such. Anyway, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 4: (Escape Attempt)

***Edna's POV***

Harvey and I departed from the office, entering the closet across the hallway. There wasn't much to look at, but at least there might be a few things interesting to find.

Looking around, I noticed a brain in a jar, mockingly saying, "Iiiiiiii muuuuuusssst uuuuuusssseeee brrrrraaaaaain!"

Just then, to our notice, the brain glowed as it telepathically spoke, "I see you're trying to use other brains than your own again, Edna. You should take more vitamins. Then maybe...but just maybe...you might be able to use your own...sometime in the future."

We yelped, being surprised that the brain could talk. I didn't expect it to talk...or at least to talk back at us.

"Erm, hello?" I asked the brain.

"Hello, Edna. What brings you here?" it spoke to us.

"Who or what are you?"

"I am a brain in a jar. But you can call me Bobo if you like."

"Like Bobo the bear?

"No, more like Bobo-bombastic-bodacious-bodalicious-gonna-smack-you-to-the-ground..."

"You're able to talk?"

"Of course not, stupid. Do you see a mouth anywhere? I communicate telepathically."

"Clearly, you do."

After a few moments, I only told the brain, "Ciao, Bobo."

Besides, if I was gonna get out of here, he clearly wasn't any help at all. So with that, I made my way out of the closet room and down the hall, hoping no one would catch us.

***Babbit's POV***

Things became quiet ever since I turned off the air conditioner. Not a peep was heard from the cell.

That oughta teach her for insulting my father and his club, I thought as I sat down.

For a long while, nothing was heard and I saw Dr. Marcel depart from his office. And with him out to town, there was nothing to do.

A lot of things had happened for the past 10 years and guarding this girl was becoming a real pain in the neck. I don't even know why I took this job in the first place.

But just as I thought that, I saw the girl, the same girl that somehow escaped her cell, down the hall while clinging that stupid rabbit of hers.

"Hey!" I shouted as I ran after her.

"Yipes!" she yelped as began darting off, "Uh oh. I better skedaddle!"

Quickly, I ran to chase after her. She wasn't going to get away under my watch, I thought as I ran.

She darted into the storage room where the useless junk was. Ha, she was definitely cornered now.

However, when I entered, I saw the room empty. Where did she go?

Then, I saw the window opened. She must have gone out there, but...

With that, I peeked out the window. And there, far on the other side of the roof was Edna with that dumb rabbit, far from my reach.

"What's the meaning of this?" I snapped at her, "Come back here at once! You'll break every bone in your body."

She started to grin sly, speaking in a sing-songy tone, "Why don't you come and get me?"

Ugh, she was really getting on my nerves now. As if her locked in while doing so was bad enough, she was now outside her cell!

However, I looked downward, noticing myself up high before I gulped nervously, trying to say, "Well..."

At that moment, the girl slyly grinned, "Oh, isn't that cute...our minigolf professional has a fear of heights."

I looked ticked off at her when she shouted, "COWARD! COWARD!"

I glared in anger, snapping at her, "Yeah, you just laugh. But eventually, you HAVE to come down from there. And that's when I'll show you all."

Then, just like that, Edna walked off. God, she was annoying, I thought as I waited for her to come back around. Besides, she wasn't going anywhere after all. Her luck would soon run out.

However, after a few moments, I started becoming bored, waiting on her. What WAS taking her?, I thought as I waited.

Just then, I heard a crashing noise. It was coming from the hall.

However, when I went to the door, I noticed something odd: The door was locked!

At that moment, as I tried opening the door, I heard Edna's voice speaking with a giggle, "Now the handle can't be pushed down anymore."

"What the-?!" I spoke with shock.

I grunted, trying to push my way through and try desperately to exit as I snapped, "Hey! What's going on? I'm still in here!"

In frustration, I banged the door, shouting in panic, "HEEEELLOOOOO!! HULGOR! DOCTOR MARCEL!! SOMEBODY!!"

This wasn't good. I was trapped and the only way out of here was...

Finally, I looked back at where the opened window, gulping a bit. It looked like I had to go through the window after all, I thought with fear.

All I knew, however, was that it would take me a while to get out of the room and back inside...hopefully.

***Edna's POV***

The good news was that I evaded Babbit earlier. Lucky me as I was almost caught by him.

I had made my way around the roof and touched the antenna, probably messing someone's TV up a bit. Eventually, I came to another grate, though it lost its appeal trying to get in instead of out.

After looking downward, I told Harvey, "Woooooow. Looks like we still have a long way to go."

Then, I looked at the distance where I said to my rabbit friend, "There's a forest behind the wall. Then, there's a river with a bridge over it. I can make out a graveyard and a church. And then..."

I began leaning a bit as I continued, "houses. Isn't that one our house?"

I looked at one house, speaking with concern, "I have to get there as soon as possible. Whatever it is Dr. Marcel is trying to hide, I'm sure I can find hints there that will help me remember."

Quickly, I went back in through the grate, arriving back to Dr. Marcel's office. Guess that was the only safe place to go at the moment.

Afterward, as I came to the hall, I accidentally broke a vase, knocking it down on accident as Harvey mimicked, "HELP! MURDER!"

Quickly, I hushed him before I decided to use the pedestal and book that I found earlier, locking the man chasing me into the closet room.

I smiled a bit proudly as I began departing the area.

As I came downstairs to the next floor, I accidentally came to a room where one of the workers of the doctor, whom looked like he was trying to hold his bladder, was watching TV.

"Uh oh!" I spoke, "Someone's sitting here."

However, the man watching TV, not looking at our direction, only asked, "Is that you, Newbie?"

"To be honest, I'm a looney on the run." I explained.

He only scoffed, "Loonie on the run. Riiiight. But listen, Newbie, if you've only come to pull my leg, you might as well just take a hike."

"Can do." I told him before I quickly departed.

There was no way I was gonna make him notice who I actually was.

Quickly, Harvey and I went down the stairs, the rabbit in my hand, exploring the rooms not locked. And let me tell you, while I was excited for the gum in the third floor, I was somewhat concerned about the electric chair in the fourth floor. And besides, this chair, Doctor Marcel's Brain-Liquidfier as I would call it, felt like sitting in Dr. Marcel's lap.

As I spoke to the chair, I heard Havey mockingly speak, "Hello. Wanna sit down? The experiences I can give are 'shocking'."

I frowned a bit in annoyance. He may be my friend, but there were times the jokes were just bad.

"I need help from someone who knows his way around these things," I explained to my stuffed rabbit, "Besides, Iiii better leave that to an expert."

Finally, after passing by the next stairs and where a man talking on a cordless phone was, the two of us arrived to the ground floor, heading out to the front door.

Just then, the guard spotted us as I yelped and he spoke out, "Hey! It's prohibited to pass through here!"

"Can't you see I'm the newbie?" I tried to tell him.

However, the man glared, "Always the same witty remarks, Miss Edna? Maybe the doctor should be less thorough when erasing your memory. You always come up with the same old tricks. What else you got for me? You have a special permit? You're just visiting? Or no, wait...you're not really even there, right?"

I was a bit at a loss for words. Had I really tried escaping many times before?

"You know, I've really had it up to here with you." he frowned before he rang the bell as he shouted, "ALARM! PATIENT ON THE RUN!!"

Oh crud, I thought as one of the men wearing white came.

"What's going on?" the brown haired man spoke.

"What do you think? There's a patient on the run!" he spoke, pointing to me.

He looked confused before asking the guard, "Where are all the others? Aren't Babbit and Hulgor around?"

"Isn't that something YOU should know? I've been sitting here all day. I don't know what else is going on."

The guard pointed to me, continuing, "But obviously the whole building is in chaos since the doctor went out!"

Chaos?, I thought, Am I really that much of a troublemaker or something?

"It's just..." the man in glasses began, "I've never dealt with an attempted escape before."

The guard groaned while the newbie spoke, "All right, all right. I'll just put her in here with the others. That must be what I'm supposed to do."

Finally, Harvey and I were pulled into the strange new area, the recreation room. Afterward, Newbie sighed in relief.

"There. You stay here until the doctor is back." he told me before he departed, leaving me with Harvey in the strange room.

Afterward, the two of us looked around the place. This was all new to me.

Then, I looked at Harvey, speaking, "Something seems to have gone patently wrong here."

It looked like this mission to escape was going to be more difficult than I thought.

(End of Chapter 4)