Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ The Signature Forgery ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6: (The Signature Forgery)

***Edna's POV***

I awoke and found myself in the past once more...

It was what I remembered: Alfred studying with his arm blocking what I could see and my blue skinned teacher, Mr. Hornbush, writing a difficult problem on the chalkboard.

It was then I began to remember...and worry.

"Oh dear." I said to Harvey, whom was moving again, "I really DO remember, I'm afraid. This is Mr. Hornbush's math class. He was very strict and he always picked on me."

"Doesn't he look like one of the aliens in Star Trek?" Harvey asked as if he was speaking in my voice.

My bunny shook it off, looking confused on why he did that. Guess he was mimicking me for some reason.

"I'm afraid that if I don't pay attention, he'll lock me in the cupboard again." I sighed sadly, "This is a riddle you have to solve on your own. Good luck, Harvey."

I secretly glanced, noticing Harvey pointing to the paper in my bag, asking, "What does that piece of paper say?"

"Oh, it's a note from my father. He just forgot to put marmalade on my sandwich again." I explained to him.

I sighed a bit quietly, looking at the homework I was suppose to write down. I always did hated homeschooling, especially during summertime.

I only hoped Harvey could find something to help me learn signatures at this point.

***Harvey's POV***

Edna really looked depressed. And I can tell: she was suffering from her algebra, which looked way too advanced even for me.

Curiously, I peeked in the cupboard, looking inside as I saw a red coat with something in his pocket. There was a letter in Mr. Hornbush's coat pocket.

At that moment, I formed an idea...maybe that would help Edna learn to forge signatures or something.

I quietly went to the window, looking outside. To my notice, I saw the day bright with many places right for the picking.

Hey! There's a new slide at the playground. I thought as I looked at the other neat places.

A circus, a carnival, the lake, and heck, even the sun shone brightly. It was pretty neat.

Quickly, I went to tell Edna in excitement, speaking and forgetting about her supposing to be quiet, "EDNA! EDNA! EDNA! They have a new slide at the playground!"

"What?" she spoke in shock a bit loudly, "I've got to go there! I can't risk everyone breaking my record in slalom sliding!"

At that moment, I saw Alfred raising his hand, shouting, "MR. HORNBUSH! MR. HORNBUSH! Edna is talking to herself again and I can't properly concentrate on my assignment!"

Then, we saw the teacher turning, shouting as I ducked down, "Edna Konrad! You keep interrupting the lesson. I'll give you an official warning: On the 3rd warning, I'm putting you in the cupboard. Do you understand?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Hornbush. It'll never happen again." she said.

However, I only continued, "EDNA EDNA EDNA! There's a merry go round outside!"

"I love merry-go-rounds. This lesson is beginning to be a real torture." she said to me a bit loudly.

"MR. HORNBUSH! MR. HORNBUSH! Edna is talking to herself again! And I can't properly concentrate on my assignment!" The kid raising his hand said to the teacher.

The man turned, frowning, "I have to ask you to behave young lady! That is the second warning, Edna! Interrupt the lesson one more time and I'll put you in the cupboard!"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Hornbush. It'll never happen again." she spoke to him.

However, my mind was on the letter and the lake as I shouted, "EDNA! EDNA! EDNA! Swimming season's begun!"

Edna sighed as she told me, "Ooooh! I'd like to go swimming, too."

"MR. HORNBUSH! MR. HORNBUSH!" Alfred shouted for the third time with hand risen, "Edna is talking to herself again! And I can't properly concentrate on my assignment!"

He frowned, turning to Edna as he spoke, "That's it! Enough is enough! Into the cupboard! Come on. Move it!"

Edna tried protesting, "But-"

"No backtalk now!"

Finally, Edna, looking annoyed and angered at me, went to the cupboard, slumping inside as she slammed the door.

Man, was she angry when she slammed hard. I thought she would've broke the entire place we were in if she did it harder.

***Edna's POV***

I couldn't believe Harvey did that. After all I did for us.

He got me into trouble when I was feeling worried. And I was only gonna be in the past temporarily.

Then, to my notice, I saw an eye looking out. To my notice, I saw Harvey looking inside.

I wanted to speak to him, ask him why he did that to me, heck even slap him for it.

However, before a word could come out of my angered mouth, Harvey asked, "Can you reach the letter?"

His mit hand briefly pointed to where the letter in coat pocket was as I noticed. So that was why he wanted me in there.

Finally, I spoke, "Sure.", then took the letter and opened it.

I glanced at it, trying to read. However, it was too dark. Now I wish I had brought a flashlight.

"Hmmm. I can't make out anything." I said to him, "It's much too dark in here."

"You could pass the letter through the hole, then I can read it for you." he said to me.

I started smiling, "Good idea."

The letter was pushed through the hole as I waited.

"This is incredible!" he said in excitement, "The letter is from Dr. Marcel, addressed to Mr. Hornbush. The doctor is paying him money to hold you back in school. And he stresses that under no circumstances are you to allowed to leave class early. ESPECIALLY, and this one's underlined, when the weather is good."

I frowned, protesting, "I can hardly believe it! Obviously Dr. Marcel has been carrying out a personal vendetta against me for a long time. He'll pay for this!"

"This all seems a bit illogical to me, but I've seen it written in black and white."

"We'll get to the bottom of this eventually."

After a few moments, he began asking, "Maybe you should ask Mr. Hornbush to let you take part in the lesson again."

I glared, snapping, "I can't believe that you of all people would say that, Harvey."

"Why? We can wreak more havoc that way."

"That, of course, is true." I pondered before I shouted, "MR. HORNBUSH!!"

He finally let me out and I sat back on my desk. I guess I'm a bit thankful to have Harvey with me sometimes, even if he DOES get me in trouble unintentionally.

After a few moments of sitting quietly at the desk, Harvey asked, pointing to the note from earlier, "Isn't that your father's handwriting on the note?"

"Yes, why? It's just a little memo about my sandwich." I told him.

At that moment, my rabbit grinned, "Well...how about we create our own little note for Mr. Hornbush? In your father's name?"

It was then I started realizing, "You mean...we'll forge his handwriting?"

"We'll just borrow it." he explained, "After all, you have plenty of time in here to practice it...or did you have other plans?"

I began to ponder, "Hmmm. You're right. This really sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll even manage to get out soon enough to enjoy the weather."

And then, just like that, I started coming out of the past, feeling as if I was torn away once again from the past. But on the plus side, I now learned how to forge signatures.

***Harvey's POV***

We arrived back to our own time as I smiled. It was so good to teach Edna's skills again. And I missed her when she was lost in her memories.

Finally, I explained to her, "That's how you learned to forge signatures back then. You got so good at it, that after a while, you could forge anyone's signature just by looking at it."

I saw her nodding with a grin, "Yeeeah. I think I could still do that. I really hope this is going to help all of us. This classroom is not exactly what I call one of my favorite memories."

I nodded in agreement. And now it was time to leave the place and head off into the asylum once more, causing more mischief again.

And I only hoped that when we get through, that not only would Edna remember everything, but I would too...after all, and honestly, which I didn't have the heart to tell her, that I too was lost in memory as well.

Edna, I thought as we left the dark shrine of the boy, I only hope that we'll remember everything that happened.

(End of Chapter 6)