Other Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story... ❯ Chapter 6: Running Away. ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a story based on a dream I had a long time ago. The characters may have switched around, but it's still the same dream… But you may also call it a wish…
 
*Note: I make up my character designs, how they dress, what they look like… And so on. Almost all of the people are real in this story. And a lot of them are my dearest friends. I hope they find this story fun and exiting. This is for you guys! (I don't make up the names… I took them from my friends. Bwahahah… Except Chii.... Cause that's my name)
 
COPYRIGHTS: Maple Story is Wizet's! NO STEAL! And this story idea is mine! NO STEAL!
 
 
************
 
“C'mon... Everyone is waiting Chii…” John held her hand and rushed her outside. She grabbed her trench coat and dagger while they were running out.
 
“Huh? Where are we going?”
 
“They found us here… There coming to get us… We have to run away.”
 
They looked at each other, and stumbled outside; there Chio, Thuy, and Lady Magrashi were waiting for them.
 

”Chii!” Thuy ran up to her and put her hands on her shoulders, “We're so sorry! We didn't know he was… And…” Thuy wiped of her tears with her sleeve.
 
“Thuy, I'm ok! Really; and… Why are you saying sorry to me?”
 
John coughed. “How did you guys know that Zack was on the hate side?”
 
“Lady Magrashi told us… Lady Magrashi, how did you find out without even talking or interacting with him at all?”
 
The old woman smiled
 
“Wait… You can tell the future?” Thuy looked at the old woman, she nodded.
 
“Only at sudden times… I was lucky that it was this situation though…”
 
Chio looked at her with wide eyes, “HUH?! Can you tell us what's going to happen after all of this?!”
 
“I told you… Only at sudden times…”
 
Chio nodded.
 
“Ok… John… How did you find out Zack was from the hate side?
 
John opened his mouth, but Lady Magrashi held up her hand to stop him.
 
“Why are we standing around talking?! You need to run away.” The old woman pointed to the tall mountains behind her house, “If you get to those mountains, you should be safe…” They all nodded. The mountains were far away, about 2 days or 3 on foot. “Hurry, go…” The four looked at her, and started running towards the mountains… Chii looked back at the old woman, and ran back to her.
 
“Wait… I… We…” Chii held her hand, “We can't just let you stay here alone with those things coming here…”
 
“I'll be fine! Don't worry about me Chii… You need to worry about those guys coming to get you. You need to make sure all of your friends are kept alive… And remember, even though the mountains are the safest place, it's the most dangerous path. But once you get there it will be safe; because it is holy ground.”
 
Chii hugged Lady Magrashi, “Thank you for everything you have given us… I hope you'll be ok…” Chii knew she was right. She had to keep everyone alive… At least as long as possible…
 
Chii walked away from her, and ran to catch up with her friends. Lady Magrashi sighed.
 
“Chii… You're going to change very much after this… You're going to realize feelings you haven't noticed before, but those feelings are going to show vibrantly very soon…” The woman started hobbling back to her house. “Its going to be very lonely without them now…”
 
******
Chii and her friends were running through the forest leading to their destination, the trees seemed to grow closer together every step.
 
“So, John… How did you find out about Zack… I mean Hiro, I mean… Uhh....” Chio looked confused.
 
John sighed. “Ok, well… Obviously he changed his name so we wouldn't know who he really was, I recognized his voice… A little. I just didn't trust him with that voice.”
 
“No wonder I didn't recognize him… He dyed his hair black, and his eye color changed somehow… How could I forget that voice though?” Chii shuddered.
 
“Well anyway…” John started, “I noticed that Zack, or Hiro at the time, snuck out of the house, and I followed him as any person would do… Yeah… Well I guess he had a device with him to contact them, cause he looked like he was talking to himself, but I heard a voice that was talking back to him. Zack said he found the boys character, and the voice said they were going to send people over; I realized he was from the hate side. I ran back to the house as fast as I could, but he managed to get there before me… And he did that to Chii…”
 
She shivered.
 
“Guys…!!” Chio pushed Chii hard, she fell on top of John, Who collapsed on Thuy. They were all on the ground in a bush.
 
“What the… Chio!!” He covered her mouth. Chii was about to bite his hand off her, but she noticed John and Thuy's eyes were wide, they were shaking, and beads of sweat started forming on their face. Chii heard footsteps crunching through the snow. And 2 voices talking together silently, she could still make out all of the words clearly though.
 
“So… They're heading to the mountains? I wonder how long they've been running away…”
 
“It doesn't matter… We just need to find them; and kill them so they can go to him…”
 
“They're all going to get an ejection of the blood right?”
 
Yes…They're going to be in more trouble than they already were when we find them…”
 
The two voices laughed, and walked away from the bush.
 
Chio took his hand off of Chii, and got up.
 
“I'll look around… I guess…”
 
Chio started slowly walking in the opposite direction the two gatherers from the hate side ventured. John and Thuy slowly got up. They seemed to calm down, but Chii still sat there, shaking violently.
 
I'm scared, I have a feeling were going to die… I can't help it though… I want it to end! I can't stand being scared like this!
 
“Chii! Stop!”
 
Chii jumped. John had his hand on Chii's that was clutching her dagger; it was pressed against her opposite wrist. She lowered her hand, but she was still shaking. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.
 
“Chii… Why are you so scared?! Are you ok?!” Chii held her hands close to her face; she slowly looked up at John. Her eyes were wide, and she was crying.
 
“Why am I so scared..? I hate this… It proves that I'm weak…”
 
“John… I'm so pathetic…”
 
Chii collapsed, “Oh…!” John caught her before she fell headfirst in the snow. Chio came back, and Thuy stared at John.
 
“Lets just… Rest here for tonight…”
 
*********
 
Chii was walking through pitch dark nothingness. It was black all around her. She looked down at her feet. Chii saw water ripples. “If its pitch dark in here… Why can I still see myself…? And why am I walking on water…?” Chii felt like she was there to find something, so she kept walking without saying anything. Having no idea where she was going…
 
It seemed like she was walking forever… there was no end to this blackness… “Oh…” She saw a figure emerging from the darkness…
 
“Hello…” He said to her. Chii shivered. The voice sounded deep and cold. Chii stopped walking. But the figure kept walking towards her...
 
“Do you really think that you and your friends can escape from me…?” The figure walked up to Chii. She looked up at him. He had a dark cloak, and a hood covering his face
 
“Who… are you?”
 
“Isn't it obvious who I am..?” He put his hand on her cheek, and pulled her face close to his.
 
“You know deep down inside your heart that the person dearest to you will die. And he will die trying to save you…” Chii pulled away from him.
 
“AAH! No…!!” She tumbled backwards into the water. “No..!” she tried swimming up, but something was pulling her down
 
“I don't believe you! No one will die… Not like Bro!!”
 
******
“Why am I always the one who passes out in bad situations…?” Chii opened her eyes and sat up; blankets were on her, Chii looked around for her friends, but she didn't see anyone. “I wonder where everyone went… Ohhh…” She put her hands on her face, “I'm so pathetic…” Chii felt something move the blankets surrounding her; she froze, slowly she looked down.
 
John was sleeping next to her.
 
“Oh.. Crap…” Chii blushed and shifted around a little. “How the hell did he end up sleeping next to me?!” She shook her head to get the thought out. Chii looked back down at him. “He seems pretty peaceful sleeping…” She started slowly moving her face closer to his, she whispered in his ear.
 
“Don't worry John… Don't worry about me… I can protect myself…” She closed her eyes and smiled. Chii laid her head next to John's, and fell back asleep.
 
Just at that moment Chio and Thuy came back with some fish they caught, and stared at Chii and John.
 
“Ha-ha. Looks like there enjoying that.” Chio chuckled.
 
****************
 
“Ok, So were going to travel at night, and rest in day, right? Everyone got it?” Chio looked at his friends, they nodded.
 
“We should start going now. We need to keep moving or else there going to find us.” Thuy got up.
 
Chii and her friends were trying to come up with a strategy that would at least accurately get them safely to the mountains. They now knew the mountains were safe because it was supposed to be some sort of holy ground, so they were positive dark creatures were not allowed there. They've traveled for about 3 days, so they knew they were really close…
 
“Ok, let's put on our armor on just in case we need to fight…” Chio started walking towards a tree; everyone followed what he was doing and started changing.
 
“I wish my armor was warmer…” Chii thought. She fitted on white tube top and baggy black pants. It didn't seem it would protect her much than her trench coat, but she had blown magic into it so it was as strong as Chio's plated armor.
 
“Ok… Are we ready?”
 
John came out with a Dark Identity, Light Scorpio and Light Scorpio pants strapped on him. He was tightening his gloves. “I'm ready…” He said softly.
 
“I am too.” Chii said.
 
“Yep…” Thuy came out with a Blue Lumati on.
 
“Ok… Let's go…” Chio started heading towards their destination, Chii and everyone else followed.
 
“We got to move faster…” Chio huffed.
 
“I bet there are spies everywhere now…” John quietly said.
 
Chii nodded. “We have to be quiet too…”
 
“You know deep down inside your heart that the person dearest to you will die. And he will die trying to save you…”
 
Chii closed her eyes. “That isn't true…” She whispered to herself. “I need to stop thinking about that…”
 
“UUgh… What is this white gooey stuff?” Thuy looked at the tree branches head level from her, it was covered in this white film like substance, Chii didn't want to stay and find out what it was.
 
“Hey! Look!” Chii pointed to a peak, they finally made it to they're destination, it was only a few meters away!
 
“Hurry! Lets go!” They all started sprinting towards the mountains.
 
“Once we get there, were going to be safe!” Chii thought excitedly.
 
“Yes! We're going to be away from those things chasing us!”
 
“ Yeah! And-“
 
They all stopped. They were so close, but how could good things come so easily after what they've been through?!
 
There was a pack of werewolves standing right in their way, the vicious beasts were facing the four friends, snarling and showing their white razor teeth.
 
“NO! WE WERE SO CLOSE!” John yelled. The beasts started charging at them.
 
The friends turned and started sprinting in the opposite direction.
 
“We were so close! Why does this have to happen?!”
 
John started cussing violently, and Thuy looked paralyzed with fear, Chio was yelling at John to shut up, and Chii was leading the way of all of this, the werewolves were gaining onto them.
 
“GUYS! WE GOTTA RUN FASTER! THERE GOING TO CATCH US AND KILL US! AND THAT'S THE EXACT THING WE WERE TRYING NOT TO GET OURSELVES IN TO!!!” Chii yelled, John and Chio turned silent, and started to pick up the pace.
 
“Oh no… Oh no... What are we going to do after this?!” Thuy questioned.
 
“Right now I'm a little more worried about THEM!” They could never defeat a werewolf, that's suicide! Everyone knew that. Especially since there was about five of them!
 
The wolves were howling and tearing apart the trees tat were in the way, it seemed like they would do anything to kill the friends helplessly trying to run away…
 
Thuy tripped over an extended root.
 
“AAH! GUYS!” They turned around to see their friend on the ground, with the wolves charging at her.
 
“THUY!!! NO!” Chii yelled.
 
One of the werewolves raised his claw while charging at Thuy to prepare a magic claw attack that would kill Thuy in one hit, Chio turned back at lightning speed towards her.
 
“AAAAAAH!!!” Thuy shield herself with her arms covering herself.
 
“THUY!!!” Chio ran to her.
 
It all happened so fast, Chii could hardly believe what happened.
 
Chio shielded Thuy with himself as the werewolf shot the claw attack, it hit Chio full on. He screamed out in pain. The werewolves stopped and stared at him.
 
Thuy looked at Chio, shocked to see what he just had done…
 
“Chio… Why…?” He smiled painfully and looked up at her.
 
“I dunno… I just reacted…”
 
Chio closed his eyes. He was slowly fading away.
 
“Chio… Chio!!!” Thuy broke out in tears. “I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!”
 
“Thuy! We have to run!” John ran to her and pulled on her arm, his eyes were shining with tears. He started to run again, but Chii wasn't moving, John ran back, “Chii! We have to run!” He looked at the wolves, they started charging towards them.
 
“No… I'm not running.” Chii said firmly.
 
“Chii…!”
 
“NO! CHIO DIED BECAUSE WE HAD TO RUN! I'm SICK OF IT! I HATE RUNNING AWAY!” She slashed out her dagger.
 
“CHII IF WE DON'T RUN WERE DEAD ANYWAYS!”
 
“John… we can try, we can try for him!!”
 
“I… I agree with Chii!” Thuy took out her bow and arrow, and mounted it, and got ready to shoot.
 
John hesitated, but took out his steelies.
 
“I knew we were going to die sooner or later… You knew that too right John? Thuy?”
 
They both nodded. “We'll die fighting..”
 
The two groups charged at each other, prepared to fight.
 
Chii targeted one werewolf and prepared to do a magic attack,
 
“SAVAGE BLOW!!!” She stabbed the chest of the selected werewolf 6 times, it did very low damage, but the werewolf still got furious, and threw her to the side,
Chii slammed into a tree. She groaned and slid to the floor, the werewolf was charging at her, roaring loudly.
 
“Chii!” John jumped on the back of the werewolf, and started throwing steelies at the wolf's head. The wolf started thrashing with John still on his back; the wolf collapsed and threw him off his back.
 
“Whoa!!” John fell on top of Chii.
 
“Are you ok John?”
 
“Yeah I'm fine…” He got up.
 
“NO! STOP! AAAH!” Chii and John turned, three wolves were surrounding Thuy.
 
“Oh no!” John and Chii ran as fast as they could to Thuy, she was hopelessly shooting arrows at the werewolves, leaving no affect. The monsters raised their claws, and swiped at Thuy.
 
“NO!!!” Thuy collapsed to the ground, and disappeared.
 
“No!! We're too late!!!” John pounded the ground. Four werewolves surrounded Chii and John. John got up, and they both backed up next to each other, back to back.
 
“Chio… Now Thuy…” Chii rubbed the tear off on her cheek. “I'm sorry John… I couldn't protect my friends… Not even myself... But… I'll try to protect you!”
 
Chii charged at the wolves, she rolled between one of the wolves legs, and escaped from the surrounding wolves, the werewolves charged after her.
 
“NO! CHII!” John ran after her.
 
“Sorry John… I'm not going to loose you too.”
 
Chii started sprinting in a direction she never went with her friends before, it went to a clearing, and curved into a cliff. “WOAAAA!!” Chii slid down and fell off the cliff, she grabbed onto the edge before she slid off. The wolves chasing after her were too late to stop, and they toppled over the edge. The snow that Chii was clinging onto was turning into watery ice, she was slipping. John came rushing towards the edge, he leaned down and reached out.
 
“Chii! Give me your hand!”
 
“Wait... John!” Her hand slipped off the edge. But John caught it before she fell all the way down.
 
“John! Let go! I'm not important!”
 
“No! I won't let those guys get a hold of you!”
 
“Right now out of all of us, you need to not die, John! Remember? If they get a hold of you… I'm never going to forgive myself! Let go!”
 
“No! Chii! I can't!!”
 
“I said let go!”
 
“Chii!!”
 
She looked up. She saw a werewolf growling above John.
 
“JOHN! LET GO!!” She slapped him across the face with her free hand.
 
“I'm sorry. Live… Ok John…?
 
He let go of her hand, Chii felt herself fall for a while, and she hit the ground hard.
 
“Oh… This hurts… I'm dying…” she tried to open her eyes, but she couldn't.
 
“John… I'm sorry… Don't worry about me…”
 
End: Chapter 6