Other Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story... ❯ Chapter 7: Loves makes women strong and men weak, Or does it both make women and men weak? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a story based on a dream I had a long time ago. The characters may have switched around, but it's still the same dream… But you may also call it a wish…
 
*Note: I make up my character designs, how they dress, what they look like… And so on. Almost all of the people are real in this story. And a lot of them are my dearest friends. I hope they find this story fun and exiting. This is for you guys! (I don't make up the names… I took them from my friends. Bwahahah… Except Chii.... Cause that's my name)
 
COPYRIGHTS: Maple Story is Wizet's! NO STEAL! And this story idea is mine! NO STEAL!
 
***************
 
“JOHN! LET GO!!” She slapped him across the face with her free hand.
 
“I'm sorry. Live… Ok John…?
 
He let go of her hand, Chii felt herself fall for a while, and she hit the ground hard.
 
“Oh… This hurts… I'm dying…” she tried to open her eyes, but she couldn't.
 
“John… I'm sorry… Don't worry about me…”
 
Chii felt the snow surround her, like the ground was sucking her in, she tried to pull away but it was no use.
 
“If I'm dead… Why can I think…?” Chii wondered.
 
The snow slowly consumed her body. She felt herself slowly moving downward deep within the earth.
 
“Those people… That Lady Magrashi told us about… Their going to test us to see if we're that character they need… We're going to…”
 
Chii didn't want to think about what was going to happen next. She felt the ground slowly disappear around her, and she could only open her eyes… She still saw pitch black, and she couldn't move… But she felt herself slowly floating down… Did Chio and Thuy experience this when they got defeated too?
 
“Defeated… No… They… We died, and were going to die a second time. And when we die this time its going to be real… Chii closed her eyes tightly.
 
She felt her body touch the ground, she felt something hot on her face, she opened her eyes, and she was in a room that was all concrete… No… It was a cell.
 
“Oh no… Chii's here…!”
 
Chii turned her head, she saw Thuy leaning towards her, and Chio in a corner. There were metal bars behind them sealing them in. Chii didn't say anything. She looked blankly at Thuy and Chio.
 
“Chii… What happened? Where's John? Is he all right…?” Chio asked.
 
Chii looked up behind him. It was awful, floors upon floors of caged people like Chii and her two defeated friends. There was pitch black minion looking people carrying around keys to the cells, opening one from the next, forcing the people out into the middle of this lair, a big glowing hole that looked like fire was spewing out of it. There was one struggler that was not cooperating with the black demons, a level 40 warrior…
 
“No! I'm not going to die like those people you killed! And what are you looking for anyway?! Why are you doing this?!” He was hopelessly trying to jerk free from the minion's grasp. He was a warrior… So he should have been strong enough…
 
“The weakening process you went through before you died and came here, when the ground sucked you in.” A black cloaked figure came out from nowhere. Chii gasped. It was the same figure in her dream…
 
“Who the hell are you?!” The warrior demanded.
 
“The leader of the Hate side… At your service.” He bowed to the warrior.
 
“The hate side…? What kind of dumb name is that?” He said through gritted teeth. The master of Hate sneered at him, and took out a small, pistol-like object. It had one thing that caught Chii's eye. A vial of a liquid bloodlike coloring was strapped inside it...
 
“Soul Balrog's blood… One vial injected into you, you will automatically die… They use these vials for a test. If you have the special character they are looking for, the ejection will cause you no harm. If you're not…”
 
The leader of the hate took 3 steps back, and pulled the trigger on the pistol filled with vials of the Balrog's blood. It shot straight into the warriors neck, Chii saw the contents of the vial slowly sink in.
 
“Hey…! What the…-“The warrior collapsed to the floor.
 
“Nope… He's not it… Throw his carcass into the fire.”
 
The demons obeyed and dragged his body to the hole in the middle of this chaos, and heaved it in.
 
 
Chii stared into the burning pit.
 
“Will our fate be the same…? I… I won't let that happen to Chio or Thuy!”
 
Chii scrambled to her feet.
 
“Ok… I must focus my MP to the shadows around me… Now… I need to concentrate on the form of it!!”
 
Chio turned and saw something only Chii would ever think of doing. She put her hands together in a hand form that only her good friends would know to well… She has done this before, but this time she was dead serious. He heard Chii yell out the phrase she had only said a million times before… but has failed…
 
“Kage… KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU!” (Art of the
Shadow Clone) There was nothing changed in the atmosphere.
 
“Chii… Stop being stupid…” Chio got up and tried to put his hand on her shoulder but she shoved him away.
 
“Chio… I'm serious… Let me try to do this… Anything can be possible on a game. Like dying for no reason… KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!!!!”
 
Still nothing…
 
“Kage… Kage bunshin… no jutsu…” Chii collapsed to the floor, she was breathing extremely hard… “What am I thinking… Naruto…?! She yelled out of pure agony.
 
“This is hopeless! We're going to die like that guy!”
 
“Shut up Chii…” Chio looked painfully at the ground. “I know John… He's going to come…”
 
“No he isn't. He isn't stupid enough to save us here… I need to stop relying on my friends on stuff I can or can't do myself…!” Chii pounded the ground with her fist.
 
The friends stayed in that cell forever, it seemed. They watched people from beginners to lever 140's cruelly get killed and their bodies thrown around like dolls…
 
It was selfish of Chii to think this way but… She knew Chio was right. She also knew John well enough that she knew he was going to come and try to rescue them like the idiot that she knew he was. But he never showed up…
 
After what it seemed like days. Chii started sitting in the corner, thinking about if John and her family was alright… She wondered where her real body was. Was she
really at home? Or was her whole real entire body in this game? Was John dead…? Was he in one of these many cells?
 
Her question was soon answered.
 
“Oh no… Chii!”
 
She turned to Thuy and Chio. A small light was shining from the ceiling onto the floor in the middle of the cell. It slowly got bigger, there was a big flash of light, and a body appeared laying on the floor. It looked battered and it had scars all over. But… Chii could recognize him clearly…
 
Johns face was turned away from her… So she couldn't see him fully.
 
“Oh no… John…” Chii slowly crawled towards him. His head slowly turned towards her. Chii held out her hand to touch his face…
 
“Don't come any closer. Don't touch me.” John said coldly. Chii's face turned from worried to hurt. John's face turned and stared at the ceiling.
 
“I'm sorry guys… I couldn't protect you… I don't deserve this… maybe I should just die. I just get in the way… I had the chance to save Chii… But I just literally dropped the chance to do that… I'm the most pathetic thing here…”
 
Chii hated this. His voice sounded like a paralyzed whisper… As if they were going to die right at that second…
 
John sat up and covered his face with his hands. “I'm sorry guys… I'm so sorry…”
 
Chii raised her arms up to John, but she heard the cell door open. A dark figure walked in.
 
“Witch one of you is Kiriin…?” It demanded viciously. Chii stood up slowly, the demon stared at her… So did John…
 
“No… Chii…”
 
“If you cooperate your test will be short.” The demon grasped her arm, Chii gasped at how tight he held her.
 
“Chii… CHII!” Chio and John ran towards her, just to be knocked backwards hard into the opposite wall.
 
“Chio! John!” Thuy ran towards them, the demon snickered at them, led Chii out, and closed the cell door.
 
“Not her… Not her out of all these people…!” Chio started pounding his fists on the ground. John had his head lowered to the ground… He smiled…
 
“Chii… CHII!!!!”
 
She didn't look back. She wanted to protect her friends more than anything… but how…?
 
The demon shoved her to the leader. She saw the pistol in his hand. He grabbed her arm and raised the pistol to her neck.
 
“So… We meet again… To bad we can't get to know each other…” He whispered into her ear.
 
“Why did you appear in my dream? Who am I to you…?”
 
He didn't say anything. He just prepared to fire.
 
“Wait…!” The leader looked at her.
 
“What? You begging for your life?”
 
“I don't care if I die… But my friends… I'll pay you if you if you let them go…” She looked at the cloaked figure. He shook his head.
 
“I'm not interested in money…”
 
“No not that way… I don't have anything… But…” She looked down, positive with her decision. It was the only thing she could come up with.
 
“I'll let you own my body if you let them go… Please…!” She was on her knees now..
 
“You really are desperate aren't you…? Its pathetic seeing you like this…” He grabbed her wrist and pulled her up to his face.
 
“As tempting as your offer is… I need to refuse… But…” He smiled coldly at her. “I guess I can abuse you for a while…”
 
Chii's eyes widened. She expected something… but not this! She didn't dare struggle though, because he still had the pistol in his hand.
 
“So… Where shall we start?” He pressed the pistol against her hip. She still didn't move…
 
“I'm sorry… I'm sorry! I couldn't offer myself… Guys…”
 
She looked behind the cloaked figure, and smiled cunningly.
 
“Why… Why are you smiling…?” The leader demanded.
 
Chii smirked at him. “We're being saved.”
 
He swirled back… Out of nowhere… Thousands of fire arrows shot out of nowhere, a shuriken whizzed at the leader, and hit him squarely on his hand. The leader yelled out in pain and clutched his injured hand. Chii ran back to her friends, with John's brother, Jim, on his level 71 fire mage, with a level 120 priest, Jooms.
 
“Our plan worked Jim!” John smirked. Chii looked confused.
 
“What plan?” John looked at her.
 
“Isn't it obvious? I caused suicide so I would end up with you guys! Jim planted a tracking device on me so he could find me here with everyone else!” Jim nodded.
 
Jooms stepped up and put his hands together. “Seal BREAK!” All of the cell doors opened up. And all of the people were running in every direction, stretching their legs.
 
The leader was furious.
 
“NO! DON'T LET ANY OF THEM GET AWAY! SHOOT DOWN EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!”
 
All of these demons started spilling out from the shadows, holding the pistol containing the vials of the soul Balrog's blood.
 
Arrows, throwing stars, magic attacks, and vials were shooting everywhere, people and demons were collapsing every direction. It was a mini- war. In this one cramped place. The leader raced at Chii and punched her clear across this mess.
 
“THIS IS YOUR FAULT! YOU DISTRACTED ME! I'M GOING TO DO SOMETHING WORSE TO YOU THAN WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO!!” He grabbed her shoulders and dug his weapon into it. Chii cried out in pain. Just as the leader was going to stab Chii to death, he heard something whizzing towards him. He caught the steely with two fingers, an inch away from his face. John was standing a few meters away, breathing heavily.
 
“I'm the one you need to fight bastard!” He yelled at the leader. John charged at him with a steely in his hand, prepared to attack. The leader shoved Chii out of the way, and threw his cloak off. Under the cloak was red with black marked eyes, a katana, and long black hair pulled back in a low ponytail. The two weapons clashed, and thus began a violent fight between two broken men; trying to fight for what they wanted most…
 
John was very fast on his feet and hands. You only had a split second to think what his next move was going to be, and what you were going to do to encounter it. But so did the leader. His sword was longer than John's steely. So he had a hard time blocking it…
 
“I... Didn't catch, a name!” the leader asked in between sword and steely clashes.
 
“Joh… JOHN! REMEMBER IT!” John attempted to stab the leader's chest, but he moved back and grabbed John's hand and flung him back.
 
“My name is Itachi… You better remember that to…” He raised his sword to the sprawled John on the floor.
 
“AAAHHHHHHHHHH!” John shot back up and charged at Itachi again. Just to be blocked again and flung back.
 
Chii wanted to help John more than anything… But she had two demons attacking her at the same time, she couldn't do anything… One hit from those vials you were dead…
 
Chio on the other hand; knew this wasn't a game on a game… But he was having fun. With one swing of his big kick ass sword sent demons flying everywhere. Everyone around seemed to get their strength back, as everyone fought better than they ever had before. Even Thuy, she seemed to be approving on her accuracy. And her arrows went straight through two demons if she concentrated enough!
 
“KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU!!” Chii yelled. She had trouble defending herself. So she tried to make a clone again. It failed and the demon landed a punch on Chii. She slammed into the ground. She got on her hands and kicked the demon upwards. He flew through the air and landed into the fiery pit in the middle of this chaos.
 
“One more demon to go…!” Chii sprinted towards it. The demon made an attempt to shoot a vial at her but it whizzed past Chii's cheek, making a slight mark on her. She punched the demon with all her might, it rolled across the floor and into the pit. She could hear it screaming in pain.
 
“Yeah… Go back to hell where you came from…” Chii whispered.
 
She looked around at this setting. A lot of blood and killing… It was making her dizzy… The Place was spinning around her…
 
“No… Gaah!!” Chii turned around. John was laying at the feet of Itachi.
 
“So… Give up and die… Or fight and die… Witch do you prefer John…?”
 
John was sprawled on the ground, blood leaking from all sides. He was uttering small painful groans. He glared viciously up at Itachi.
 
Itachi took his sword and pointed it right at John's neck.
 
“Get up. It's better to die standing…” John obeyed. He slowly got up, not breaking the cold stare he was giving to the leader of hate… When John fully got up, Itachi quickly extended his arm out and grabbed John's neck, choking him forcibly. John yelled in shock, he put his hand on the hand Itachi was using to grasp John's breath, and tried to pull it off, but despite the recent battle, he was to weak…John eventually let his hand slide down to his side…
 
“I'm… giving up…” John croaked softly. He shot a hated smile at Itachi. “I'll see you in hell someday…”
 
Itachi tightened the grip on John, “Die already!”
 
Chii sprinted towards them, pushing Itachi with all her might, forced him over, the three were thrown to the floor, John was gasping for breath. Chii turned her head towards him.
 
“Are you ok John…?” He nodded, still gasping for air.
 
“You BITCH!!!” Itachi picked up his katana and stabbed it towards the ground where Chii was laying. Chii rolled over hurriedly, it missed her, but the tips of some of her hair was barley cut off. She got up fast and ran away from John and Itachi. The leader followed Chii with his deadly katana. Chii pulled her dagger out, and they started violently fighting. Everyone in the lair was watching them battle. Chio and Thuy ran towards John, hoping he was ok, and that Chii wouldn't die under the blade of a katana. Chii wasn't as fast as John with her dagger, but she was strong, and made up brilliant strategies to defeat her enemies with ease. Itachi was intelligent to though… So she knew he was going to be a tough opponent.
 
“You, are very skilled…” Itachi said through gritted teeth.
 
“Thanks, you need to thank my bro for inspiring me this far!” Chii yelled as she was attacking. Itachi smiled evilly.
 
“That reminds me… You shouldn't be fighting me…” Chii tried to stab his extended arm but he jumped back a few meters. She was breathing hard.
 
“What… What do you mean you shouldn't be fighting me?!” She demanded an answer. Itachi nodded. He snapped his fingers. Behind him a cloaked figure emerged, his face was covered by his cloak and spiky brown orange hair just like Chii's…
 
“Oh no…” Chii whispered.
 
“Get reunited with your BROTHER!” He pulled the cloak off
 
There, right in front of her… Chii's brother was staring at her through blank gray eyes… He also held a dagger in his hands.
 
“Now Brandon… Attack her while she is still in shock!”
 
Chii's brother disappeared from one spot, to right in front of her, he punched her and sent get straight across the room, she slammed into the wall. Chii hurriedly got up.
 
“Brother! It's me, Chii! Your sister! Remember?!”
 
He didn't say anything, he charged at her again, this time with his dagger extended out of his hand, Chii could only block, she didn't want to harm her little brother.
 
“Bro… Listen to me… Don't let them do this to you…! BROTHER!!” He slammed into her with all his weight, sending her slamming into the wall again. Chii didn't get up this time, nor did Brandon charge at her again. He bounced back next to Itachi. The leader placed an arm around Chii's brother.
 
“Now… Kill her brutally…” Itachi handed Chii's brother the pistol. With the still blank expression on his face, he obeyed and took the gun. Chii watched her brother do all of this… She just sat there, waiting to be killed. Things were racing through her head faster than her heart was beating…
 
“Now Brandon… Now!” Chii heard the click of a trigger, she closed her eyes and waited for the impact. She waited 10 seconds… But… It never came… She opened her eyes. She gasped in shock.
 
She saw the contents of the vial slowly sinking into John's arm.
 
“If I can't even protect myself… I'll protect you…” John painfully smiled. Chii looked up at him hurtfully.
 
“They're going to find out who you are now!!” Chii yelled at him. He nodded his head no.
 
“Chii… My character is not that person their looking for…” John gasped in pain, and collapsed to the floor.
 
“No… John!” She leaned onto him. “Why… John, why?! Why did you do that for me?!” Chii felt herself crying. She felt John tense up.
 
They looked at each other painfully. The last time they were going to stare at each other. Images of her dead brother rushed into Chii's mind. She put her head on John's chest. Crying onto it.
 
“He isn't your real brother… He's an illusion Chii.” John painfully said. She looked back up to him.
 
“Chii… I-“ He was cut off. She saw his deep blue eyes turn dull, and his head rolled over.
 
Dead…
 
Chii stared at him emotionless face. She croaked out his name.
 
“John… John…! Please wake up! I had a horrible feeling one of my friends was going to die… But… You weren't a friend to me John!!!” Chii started crying harder.
 
“John… I love you so much… I love you!! Don't, please don't leave!! I'll never forgive myself!!” Se lowered her head. And placed her hands on his body, she tightened her grip on his shirt, crying into it.
 
“John… John…!!”
 
“Well… That was a pathetic death… I even warned you in the dream I gave you…” Itachi walked towards them, stopping only a meter away from Chii and the motionless body on the floor.
 
“He really was a pathetic idiot dying like that… You didn't even warn him…”
 
It was still for a moment. Chii slowly got up.
 
“I'll… Never forgive you…” She heard herself say.
 
She remembered what Lady Magrashi said… “Whenever this special person in this character felt extreme anger… An unstoppable power will leak out and posses the body of the user. Destroying the person who made it vicious, and everything else in its way…”
 
A white wispy cloudlike mist was surrounding Chii.
 
“I'll kill you…” She looked up at Itachi. Her eyes turned a vibrant blue, shining through anyone who stares into it.
 
“I'LL KILL YOU!”
 
--- End: Chapter 7