Other Fan Fiction ❯ Maple Story: My Story... ❯ Chapter 8: Friends and Feelings ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a story based on a dream I had a long time ago. The characters may have switched around, but it's still the same dream… But you may also call it a wish…
 
*Note: I make up my character designs, how they dress, what they look like… And so on. Almost all of the people are real in this story. And a lot of them are my dearest friends. I hope they find this story fun and exiting. This is for you guys! (I don't make up the names… I took them from my friends. Bwahahah… Except Chii.... Cause that's my name)
 
COPYRIGHTS: Maple Story is Wizet's! NO STEAL! And this story idea is mine! NO STEAL!
 
*************************
 
Humans have no meaning of existence of life in this damned world. People often preach,
 
“You need to find your existence in life in another person, then, you can live for that one person and continue living happy and carefree…”
 
But wonder if that person disappears from your life… You try finding that special gift in another person… but each time, something horrible happens to them…
 
When someone who you truly love disappears from this world… You either feel three extreme emotions…
 
Love…
 
Sadness…
 
Or hate…
 
*********************************
 
“Chii… My character is not the person Itachi is looking for…” John gasped in pain, and collapsed to the floor.
 
“No… John!” She leaned onto him. “Why… John, why?! Why did you do that for me?!” Chii felt warm tears rolling down her cheeks
 
They looked at each other painfully.
 
The last time they were going to stare at each other.
 
Images of her dead brother rushed into Chii's mind. She closed her eyes and put her head on John's chest, crying onto it.
 
“He isn't your real brother… He's an illusion Chii.” John softly mumbled. She stared at him.
 
“Not… My real brother…?”
 
“Chii… I…-“He was cut off. Chii saw his deep blue eyes turn dull, and his head roll over to his side.
 
Dead…
 
Chii stared at his emotionless face. She croaked out his name.
 
“John… John…! Please wake up! I had a horrible feeling one of my friends was going to die… But… You weren't a friend to me John!!!” Chii started crying harder.
 
“John… I love you so much… I love you!! Don't, please don't die!! I'll never forgive myself!!” Se lowered her head. And placed her hands on his body, she tightened her grip on his shirt, crying into it.
 
“John… John…!!”
 
“Well… That was a pathetic death… I even warned you in the dream I gave you…” Itachi walked towards them, stopping only a meter away from Chii and the motionless body on the floor.
 
“He really was a pathetic idiot dying like that… You didn't even warn him…”
 
It was still for a moment. Chii slowly got up.
 
“I'll… Never forgive you…” She heard herself say.
 
She remembered what Lady Magrashi said… “Whenever this special person in this character felt extreme anger… An unstoppable power will leak out and posses the body of the user. Destroying the person who made it vicious and everything else in its way…”
 
A white wispy cloudlike mist was surrounding Chii.
 
“I'll kill you…” She looked up at Itachi. Her eyes turned a vibrant blue, shining through anyone who stares into it.
 
“I'LL KILL YOU!”
 
“WHAT?!” Itachi's face turned from extreme twisted happiness to sudden shock, Chii let go of her grip on John's armor, she slowly stood up and clutched her dagger, the wisp smoke around her turned into a bright red, and it danced around her like fire.
 
Thuy and Chio were amazed also. Chii was the person that Itachi was looking for?! And John… John was dead… Everything happened so fast for them…they stood still with a wave of dreaded surprise.
 
Chii made her way slowly to the dumfounded Itachi, but her illusion brother quickly sped in Chii's way.
 
“I DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THINGS LIKE THIS ANYMORE!” She closed her hand into a tight fist, and struck, sending her fake brother flying across the room, slamming through all things that stood in his crashing path.
 
She darted to Itachi. “You killed him… You killed him!!” Chii threw her arm out at him, and it sent a wave of an unknown force at him, Itachi shielded himself with his arms covering his face, but it knocked him down and threw him into a wall, creating debris to fly around him, the force was so strong, it knocked Chio and Thuy to the ground. The demons shrieked and turned into ashes, while the fellow maplers still in that torture room were also on the ground. They all watched Chii scream at Itachi in anger. The fiery mist around Chii was growing, Chio noticed everything it touched, scorched into ashes.
 
“Thuy…! If that thing keeps growing, everyone in here will be cremated!!”
 
 
Thuy realized that Chii had extreme emotion…Thuy only thought how she couldn't notice it before! Chii got happy over the littlest things, and superfluously sad at the smallest grief, she's always needed someone in this world to be there for her when she was feeling this way… And most of all, that time was now!
 
Thuy tried to run up to her, only seeing that if she tried to touch Chii, Thuy would burn up instantly. She started weeping.
 
“Why can't I ever help my friends…? I can only care about myself... I run away only to protect myself… I can't even help my friend, who needs my help…right in front of me...!” Thuy fell on her knees.
 
“But… You want to help her right…?” She looked up; a mage was standing next to her, with orange hair and deep red eyes.
 
Like Chii…
 
“It's better to want to help your friend, then not to at all right? I'll help you… I'll help you get to your friend…” He held out his hand to her. Thuy nodded and reached for him.
 
The mage pulled her back up, and started walking towards Chii. He made a Chakra hand movement, and green magic power was forming around him and Thuy. They walked into the growing fire cage surrounding Chii. Thuy felt Chii's power fire lick her body as she walked closer and closer, she let go of the mages hand, and ran up to her friend.
 
“CHII STOP! CALM DOWN!” Thuy was right next to Chii, holding up an arm to her face, squinting in the heat waves brushing against her face.
 
“He Killed John… HE KILLED JOHN! I CANT FORGOVE HIM!!! I DON'T HAVE ANYONE ANYMORE!!”
 
Thuy lowered her arm, and walked right next to Chii.
 
“What about me… What about Chio? We're still your friends, and we'll always be there for you… And we'll stay with you forever…”
 
Chii's face turned into the soft person that Thuy knew… The flame like power slowly started disappearing. Chii's eyes started to fade back into deep red again.
 
“I'm Sorry…! You were always there for me… And Chio too… I never realized it… I took it for granted… But… John…!” Chii hung on to Thuy and she started weeping. Thuy placed a hand on Chii's shoulder.
 
Chio smiled. “Finally…” He thought
 
“ Ah Ha ha ha!” Chii turned and saw Itachi laughing; he stood up, and looked over at Chii and Thuy.
 
“Since we know you are the person we are looking for, this will be so much easier.”
 
“What do you mean we?!” Chii yelled. “I blew up all of your little minions! And what's so funny?!”
 
“CHII!! AAH!!!” She looked behind her, Chii saw Chio and Thuy with Heavy chains strapped around them.
 
“What the…?! Chio! Thuy!” Chii ran to them, but she was knocked back by a sudden impact.
 
“Like my binding Chakra?” Itachi appeared behind Chii. She shuddered as he placed a hand on her shoulder. “Every minute that I'm alive the chains around their bodies get tighter…” He dug his nails into Chii's shoulder, she flinched in pain. “You have 10 minutes…”
 
“WHAT?!” Chii felt a pulse on the floor, she saw more minions emerge from the shadows cast on the ground, Chii swiveled around, they were surrounding her…
 
“AAGH!!” The chains tightened around Chio and Thuy…
 
“GUYS!” Chii felt something tighten around her shoulders. She dropped her dagger at the sudden shock. One of the demons was holding a black rope, it was around her. The demon pulled hard and jerked her back; she hit her head hard on the concrete floor. Chii tried to pry off the rope around her, but she felt more rope tighten around her body, she squirmed and tried to get free, until she was unable to move at all. She saw Itachi grin and walk over to her. Chii closed her eyes as he kneeled next to her.
 
“You realize we need to kill you now…” He whispered to her.
 
“Why…!?” Chii opened her eyes to stare at her friends in the corner, Itachi was stalling…
 
“It'll be a hassle if you were alive… We just need your body for those certain powers don't we?”
 
“Powers… I have more than one power..?”
 
“Your body does… That makes you have special powers to doesn't it?”
 
Itachi picked up her dagger lying beside her. And slit the dagger next to her neck.
 
“Finally… I'll be able to destroy this damned lust sided world… I'll destroy every emotion… This time I know the weapon won't go wrong...” Itachi was shaking with excitement. He couldn't even hold the dagger straight…
 
“You're going to start another war… Aren't you…?”
 
“Yes... And this time, it will not end.”
 
Chii clenched her teeth. “I won't let you… I WON'T!” The rope wrapped around Chii's body unraveled around her, Chii jumped up and Shot her hands in Itachi's direction. Her eyes were deep blue again.
 
Chii's hands grew bright yellow, and then shot a bolt of Shuriken flying at Itachi's direction. Itachi jumped, and the shuriken struck the opposite wall.
 
“You're never going to defeat me that way!” Itachi laughed. “Maybe I should just come at you and finish you off!”
 
“Grr…” Chii threw her hands together. “We'll see about that… I have something driving me to kill you off!”
 
Five clones appeared around her.
 
“HA! TAKE THAT!”
 
“WHAT?!” Itachi landed on the floor, and fell to his knees.
 
“What's wrong Itachi? I thought you were going to come at me!” All the clones were laughing and mocking Itachi. He was too shocked to speak. One of the Chii's spoke up, “We know that now one has been able to generate a clone on this world for 20,000 years! And these aren't illusions, 100% solid body shadow clones!”
 
Itachi took a deep breath and got up. “I underestimated you… Ha-ha. You realize your friends are still dying right in front of you… You've wasted half your time talking.”
 
Chii looked back, her friends were gasping for air, and she twitched.
 
“You let your guard down.” Chii turned quickly back, and saw Itachi running up to her, she tried to block it, and it broke her concentration, all of her clones sunk back into the shadows where she conjured them from.
 
“How did he know I was the real one?!” Chii thought viciously. She yelled out of frustration and jumped up, Itachi followed, she did a 360 kick but he easily dodged it. She forced her hands together and made two new clones, the two clones grabbed each of Itachi's arms and tried to hold him down, while the real Chii tried to kick his head down, Itachi threw his arms together and threw the clones back up at Chii, they fell to the ground in a jumbled mess, the two clones sulked back into the shadows.
 
 
“Enough genjutsu (Body defense)! Let's do some Chakra.” Itachi made a circle with his hands and blew into it, a big ice force was hurled at Chii, she jumped, but it hit her feet, she was pushed back down. Her feet were frozen into big chunks of ice. “Ha. Got you.”
 
Chii wasn't just done yet. “Hishoku!” Her hands were surrounded in fire, so were her feet, it melted the ice off, she came hurling at Itachi.
 
“This fire is strong enough to melt rocks with one touch!!” Itachi kept avoiding Chii's attacks.
 
“Ha! You'll never touch me!” Itachi lowered his arms. “Your friends are almost dead also…” He pointed at them, and snickered
 
Chii sighed. “You let your guard down.”
 
“What?”
 
A clone snuck up behind Itachi, and put her flame surrounded hands over Itachi's face. He screamed in pain. Itachi kicked the clone back into the darkness, and put his hands over his face.
 
“What have you done…? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!”
 
He charged at Chii with blind rage, and stopped a centimeter away from her face. She looked at him with an emotionless expression. He was slowly burning into ashes. His face now was brown and shriveled, the Chakra was spreading through his body, He tightly grabbed her shoulder, she didn't move. He toppled over to the floor, and just like how he came into Chii's life, he was gone.
 
The thick chains around Chio and Thuy broke off of them. They gasped a big gulp of air. They sat there trying to catch their breath. Thuy smiled.
 
“Chii… You did it… That was great! You…” She looked over at Chii. She was ok her knees, next to John's body.
 
“I'm sorry… I couldn't help you... I'm sorry… I'm so sorry…!” She lowered her head; her tears were falling onto his battered face. “You helped me so much… I'm sorry I couldn't do anything…! What can I do…? I'll do anything to get you back…!”
 
She thought of the first day this whole adventure happened. She had a feeling one of her dearest friends was going to die… The first day she had that feeling…
 
The first day… When we found out...!”
 
She reached into her pocket; she pulled out a small bottle of glittering purple liquid.
 
“This is a special potion Lisa made. It can cure any wound. I don't need it so you can have it. It's really rare so…”
 
Chii opened the bottle, and poured the contents into John's mouth. She placed a hand on his chin and tilted it up, and set it back down…
 
“PLEASE LET THIS WORK!”
 
Chii waited… Nothing happened. John still lay there motionless. Chii put her arms on John's body and buried her face into her arms. She was being so hopeful… Nothing in the world can be that lucky… She kept repeating his name in her head, like a broken record.
 
“You're… You're arms are heavy…”
 
Chii quickly looked up, John had his eyes open, just barley. He was staring down at her.
 
Chii's eyes widened. She still felt herself crying… John looked at her with that confused look he always had. She sniffled and wiped the tears from her eyes with her sleeve.
 
“I'm... I'm so glad your alive John…” She stood up and went over to Thuy and Chio.
 
They both gave her `OMG THAT'S ALL YOUR GOING TO SAY TO HIM?!' looks, but she didn't care… She was afraid that she heard her scream out her feelings to him.
 
“Are you guys ok?” Chii asked
 
“Yes!! But, what about you...?”
 
“I'm fine.”
 
Chio got up and walked over to John. He helped him up, Chii watched Chio while he was doing this. John didn't look fine, he was bleeding like crazy, but he acted his normal self…
 
“Thuy… Thank you so much for lending me the potion…” Thuy looked at Chii. She had a little smile on her face, but her eyes looked sad.
 
“You're welcome…”
 
Chii got up. “OK, PEOPLE!” She yelled at the fellow trapped Maplers.
 
“LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!” There was a big metal door leading out. She went over and pushed with all her might. But it wouldn't move.
 
“Here…” Chio came over and rammed into it. It opened slightly, enough for a person to fit through. Chii looked outside, she gasped.
 
“Oh, shit.”
 
She forgot they were in El Nath, a place full of big snowy mountains, were Avalanches are most likely to happen. She realized they were at the bottom of one of these mountains, with a big Avalanche coming.
 
“WE HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER WAY OUT!” She called out.
 
“Where?! This is a prison, not a likely place to have too many exists!” John yelled.
 
“This is like some lame old movie… where the main character needs to get everyone out of the evil lair that's going to blow up…” Chio sighed.
 
“Chio, stop thinking like that!!!” Chii yelled.
 
“Over here, everyone in here now!” The same mage that helped Thuy was pointing into a mystic door he summoned.
 
“GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE, HURRY!”
 
Everyone started rushing into the door. Chio, Thuy, John, and Chii were the last ones in.
 
Being in a tight door with more than 100 people at a time can be cramped. It was liked canned beans or something, stacked on top of each other.
 
“Whoaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!”
 
Everyone fell out at once; they were in the town of El Nath…
 
They made it. They were finally safe.
 
Everyone got up and started cheering.
 
“Thuy, WE DID IT!!” Chii and Thuy were hugging and jumping up and down. “We did it! We did it!” Chio was smiling, and John was to.
 
“Thank you guys for helping me so much..!” Chii said to her friends.
 
 
“We all pulled through together…!” Thuy said with an embarrassed smile.
 
“Yeah… You guys gave me something to believe in when I doubted everything. When I almost killed all of you with my flame of terror…”
 
“Well… I had help.” Thuy rubbed the back of her head.
 
“Really? From who?”
 
“Sis…” Chii shivered. That voice. She knew it. Chii knew that voice that had almost faded away with time… She turned around.
 
“Sister… I missed you a lot.” Chii couldn't move… she couldn't speak…
 
Her brother was standing before her, a priest.
 
“BROTHER!!!” She threw her arms around her little sibling. “How…?! Didn't you start over? I thought you would have forgotten me…”
 
“I told you… I wouldn't forget. It just took me a while to find you…”
 
Thuy was dumbfounded. “He… Is your little brother?! THAT MAGE GUY THAT HELPED ME?!”
 
“Yes.”
 
Her jaw hung open.
 
“Sis…! We can log off now! Shouldn't we do that! I bet our families are dead worried.”
 
Chii looked at her friends, and they looked at each other.
 
“I think we'll spend one more night here bro…”
 
“Ok sis…”
 
Chii held her brother one last time, and stepped back.
 
“I'll see… you tomorrow ok?” She felt her eyes water, but then forced back her tears.
 
Her little brother nodded, and disappeared. Chii turned to look at John. He caught her stare and smiled. His eyes were deep blue again. She smiled back.
 
*****************
 
“I must have read my thoughts unclearly… john wasn't the special character…”
 
Chii and her friends were all at Lady Magrashi's house for one last night. When they returned they found that all of the snow had melted, and tall, tall grass surrounded the little orange house. It was like summer in El Nath.
 
“I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience for you.”
 
“Not at all!”
 
“I'm really hungry!” Chio sighed. “I missed your cooking! These people only know how to cook charcoal!”
 
“Hey!” Thuy pointed her finger at him, “At least I don't act like a grandma's boy!”
 
Chio shot up, “Hey, I AM NOT!”
 
Thuy put her hands under her chin and started wriggling her fingers around like she was a dainty lady. “Oh I missed your cooking grandma! Feed me!”
 
Chii smiled. Lady Magrashi looked around. “Where is John? Wasn't he just here?” She was right. John did disappear.
 
“I'll go find him…” Chii got up and went outside. She left the two bickering friends and Lady Magrashi to cook dinner.
 
The sky looked orange, the sun was just about to set, and it was refreshing… Chii liked the tall grass better than the snow that was surrounding Lady Magrashi's home. A tall tree grew on the edge of the cliff that the house was on; John was leaning against the trunk. Chii walked up to him.
 
“Hey, everyone was wondering where you went off to.” John turned his head, and nodded. Chii sat down next to him. She stared at John's face, it looked sad, or like he was longing something.
 
“You aren't quite yourself after what you went through…” John quietly said.
 
“I thought you were fine… But then you weren't yourself…” Chii sighed. There was a long awkward silence in between them… Why didn't it feel the same…? It didn't feel bad… But… Ever since when they came back from their journey, no… That want right… Ever since they started their journey, whenever Chii was around John she just had this weird feeling.
 
“Chii…” She looked up at John, he was staring at her with determined eyes. Chii was startled by his look. He looked back down.
 
“Chii… I heard everything you said to me… Even after I wasn't alive...”
 
Chii felt a wave of dread rush over her.
 
“Were those things you said… true…?”
Chii closed her eyes and lowered her head down.
 
“N-no… The things I said to you was how I felt about you….”
 
“Was… Oh… Okay…” He turned away from Chii, she looked up at him. He still didn't look satisfied… She threw herself onto his back.
 
“Whoa, Chii!” She whispered into his ear,
 
“I love you. I can't ever stop thinking about you. It's driving me crazy. I can't ever get you out of my head… You have always been there for me when I needed someone to comport me… But I almost let you die… And you still forgive me… You're too nice, I don't deserve you.” Chii got up and walked away.
 
“Wait… Wait!! Chii!!” John got up and raced after her.
 
It happened so fast, Chii and John didn't even know it was happening.
 
John grabbed her hand, and pulled her back, Chii gasped and fell on top of John, they collapsed on the ground together. John reached his head up and placed his lips on hers.
 
Now they both knew their feelings for each other clearly. The feeling wasn't hazy anymore…
 
John broke the kiss. He saw Chii blush and sit up, she got off of him and sat next to him, she placed her hand on her lips, still shocked at what happened.
 
“I think… I think we should go back up to the house now…” Chii said.
 
“Yeah… Yeah let's do that.”
 
~~~
 
“THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID FOR US!!”
 
The four friends were in a tight group hug around Lady Magrashi. It was finally time to log off.
 
Chii had a bittersweet feeling in her heart, but she knew it ended well. She wondered how her family was doing…
 
“Well… I'll see you guys soon right?” Chio smiled and stepped back.
 
“Bye Chio! We're going to miss you!” He smiled as he disappeared.
 
Thuy was next. She hugged everyone and said goodbye.
 
“Hehe… Good luck Chii… I hope you and John are happy” Chii smiled. Thuy stepped back, and she disappeared…
 
Next was Chii. She hugged Lady Magrashi goodbye. “Thank you, thank you, and thank you!!”
 
“You're welcome. Please live a happy and long life.”
 
Chii stepped back, she looked at John, he walked over to her and put his arms around her.
 
“I'll miss you…” He whispered into her ear.
 
“Yeah... Me to John… I'll see you again.”
 
She stepped back, she saw lady Magrashi smiling, and John's deep blue eyes, and she was suddenly surrounded in black.
 
~~~~~~
 
Beep… Beep… Beep…
 
Chii woke up. She was in a room she had never been in before, a hospital room. She had lots of wiry things sticking to her forehead, and she had a wristband talking her heart rate. She saw her Mother, her Father, Brother… Sister… And grandpa standing in the corner, talking to each other sternly.
 
“Mom…? Dad…?” Her parents turned over, and stared at her.
 
“Oh…! Christine! We thought we lost you!” They came over and hugged her in bed.
 
“Momma… daddy…”
 
“Home… I'm Home.”
 
End~
 
Chii Thanks The Following People:
 
John
Dreamshadowz
LVL 65
 
Thuy
ArtemisAngel
LVL 51 (Yes I know Thuy, but I can't type you're other character's name! @_@)
 
Chio (Robert)
Chiodosrocks
LVL 61
 
WIZET!!
 
NARUTO!!
KOREANS!!!
And all things good in the world.
 
I love my friends, you guys rule. Without you I would be nothing. Thank you so much.
 
Love,
Chii
Kiriin
LVL 41