Other Fan Fiction ❯ One Jacked Up Story ❯ wuya ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
''Well done! Well done!'' Said Wuya. ''Now, before the Xiaolin apprentices get here. Return me to my original form.'' Clay positioned the mirror behind Wuya and Mary aimed the Serpent's Tail towards her. ''Ready?'' Asked Mary. ''You're just like Raimundo. OF COURSE I"M READY!''
''Don't compare me to that bastard.''
''Yeah, yeah. Just get on with it!''
''Alright, here we go! Serpent's Tail!''
''Reversing Mirror!''
***
''It's too late, we're too late.'' Dojo said when he suddenly stopped in mid-air. ''We may be too late to stop Wuya from getting her body back, but we may not be too late to save Clay and Mary. C'mon Dojo!'' Jack said, and Dojo kicked it into high gear. When they got closer to the site where Wuya obtained her solid form, they could hear distressed shouts. ''What is she doing, Clay?!''
''I don't know! Hey! We helped you, you ugly, old witch! What do you think you're doing?!'' Dojo landed. ''Oh, look, now I won't have to go searching for so many people.'' Wuya said. ''Clay, Mary! Get on! We don't have time to fool around!''
''Oh no you don't!'' Said Wuya,'' I promised Jack that, since he left me again (and yes Clay, Jack really did leave me, and he really joined the side of good) I would exact my revenge by killing everyone he's ever come in contact with and ever will. Then I'll make myself scarce. That way it would leave Jack with no one to love and no one to hate for the rest of his life! It's the perfect revenge!''
''You talk too much, Wuya!'' Jack called as Dojo flew away. Clay and Mary had gotten on while Wuya was rambling.
''We have to get back to the temple and save Master Feng and the other monks.'' Dojo said. When they arrived, most of the monks wanted to stay and protect the temple, but Master Feng said that the temple could be replaced, while lives could not be. They must take the Ancient Scroll of the Sheng Gong Wu and leave while they still could. All the monks packed onto Dojo and the transportation Sheng Gong Wu and left to find a suitable place to hide from Wuya. ''Where will we go, Master Feng?'' Asked Omi, once they began their journey. ''I don't know, young monk, I don't know.''
They had been travelling for hours, stopping only to hide from Wuya's stone soldiers, when, finally, ''There! That seems like a good place to hide.'' Dojo said, pointing to a dark cave. They discovered that the cave went on for a long time and that made it an even better hiding spot. They went to the very back of the cave and settled in the very best they could. Master Feng turned to Clay and Mary. ''Your choice today was most regrettable. What do you have to say for yourselves?'' Clay turned the other Xiaolin apprentices. ''I was stupid and wrong. I can understand if you never forgive me. Especially you, Jack. My jugdement was wrong and blinded me from your true nature. I do hope one day we can start over again. If we can clean up the mess I made. And Mary, ignore what I told you for the past few weeks. They were only lies, that I, myself, believed.''
''Mary? What do have to say about all this?''
''I regret nothing.'' She spat out. Master Feng nodded,''Very well, if we defeat Wuya, I shall think about what to do with the both of you. Until then, any ideas, my young apprentices?''
''Do we still have the puzzlebox?''
''No, Katnappe has it.''
''Then I believe we are overdue for a visit.''
***
''Me-ow, this is the life.'' Katnappe said, swallowing a fish. Her genetically-altered super kittens sat around her, finding various things to amuse themselves with. She looked up as the sky darkened considerably, without warning, the same way it had a few years ago, when Wuya had been returned to her former glory. ''I wonder if the old ghost-face has gotten her body back again.'' She said, not really caring. It probably wouldn't affect her. She yawned, ''Time to take a catnap.'' She went to her bedroom, collapsed on to her bed, and fell asleep soon after her head hit the pillow.
She woke up a few hours later to somebody shaking her. She cracked open one eye, too tired to be battle ready. She saw two ruby eyes staring back at her.. ''Oh great, it's the whiny little weirdo. What do you want?'' She hissed. ''Do you have the puzzlebox?''
''What do you care? Look, I've got it, but I'm not going to give it to you.'' She flicked on the lamp and gasped. It looked as if Jack had been through a very bad catfight. ''What happened to you?''
''One of Wuya's stone soldiers caught me. It let me go, though, they have strict orders to let me suffer. Listen, we need that puzzlebox, if Wuya isn't contained she'll kill everyone I know. That's including you, by the way.''
''What?!'' A puzzlebox was shoved into Jack's hands. ''Great, now, come with me. If you stay here, Wuya will find you.''
***
Raimundo paced back and forth. Jack had been gone for a while now and he was beginning to worry. However, he didn't have to wait much longer before Jack and Katnappe appeared around the bend. But Raimundo's relief was short-lived. ''Oh my god! Jackie are you okay? Any major injuries?'' Rai, frantic and fussing, wiped blood from Jack's face. ''Since when does the dweeb hang with you?'' Rai scowled at Katnappe. ''He's not a dweeb. And he's been with us for about a year and a half now. He's the Dragon of Darkness.''
''Darkness, huh? He's kind of whiny for someone who is supposed to be dark.''
-''I am not whiny!''
-''He is not whiny!'' They both chorused. She sighed, ''Whatever.''
''Although this is an interesting conversation, it really isn't the the type of thing we should be discussing at this moment in time.'' Rai blushed. ''Sorry Master Feng.''
''That is quite alright Raimundo.'' Master Feng turned to acknowledge everyone in the cave.''Now that we have the puzzlebox, we have the ingredients to defeat Wuya. Now, all we need is a plan.''
***
Wuya leaned over Vlad's corpse. ''Heh, heh, heh. One down, Jackie, one down.'' Wuya had been to Katnappe's house before she had 'visited' Vlad, but there wasn't a soul in the house, except for the fish Katnappe ate. In her anger, Wuya destroyed everything that Katnappe had left behind (including the fish). ''Now, on to little Jackie's 'beloved' parents''
***
''I have an idea,'' Said Sylvan. ''What?''
''Bait her,'' He said simply, ''When she comes for the bait, we ambush her.''
''Bait her with what?'' Kimiko asked. ''Not what, who.'' He answered. ''We'll send someone out and they'll let Wuya follow them to the cave, where we'll attack her.''
''And just who do we suggest we send? We can not risk a life.'' Master Feng said.''Then send Jack. Wuya won't kill him.''
''Yeah, she'll only hurt him a lot,'' Rai said sarcastically. ''Rai, he's right. I'm the only one here she won't kill.''
''Please, Wuya is just being a sore loser. She isn't *really* angry. If this little game loses her interest, she'll simply kill Jack. We need a better plan, one that's solid,'' Said Kimiko. ''Well said, young Dragon of Fire, however, Sylvan's plan does have it's strong points.'' Rai was about to strangle Feng when he spoke up again, ''However, it does have one weakpoint, and that's risking Jack's life. I will not have anybody lose their life, when it could be prevented.''
''Man, that guy's colder than me,'' Katnappe said, referring to Sylvan. ''Ahh, you're not cold, just bratty.'' Said Jack, laughing and elbowing her in the arm. She just stood there, glaring at comment. He stopped laughing, ''You *are* cold.'' Jack went over to Rai and wrapped his arms around him and buried his nose into Rai's hair. Rai laughed and petted him. ''So what do we do, Master Feng?'' He asked. ''I suggest we leave a different kind of bait. Exactly how we do that, however, I am unsure.'' Everyone but Mary groaned. ''I think it is time we enlist some help.'' Said Omi.
***
Chase Young was in his lair, plotting various evil things. He had noticed that Wuya had gotten her body back again. If she came for him, looking to team up, he was going to tell her to hit the road. He didn't need her, and he didn't need Omi. All he needed were his cats and himself. He was all-powerful, evil, and not to mention pretty. And he loved it. He looked up when a knock on his door interrupted his nefarious, and vain, thoughts. Probably Wuya, he thought as he got up to open the door. However, the person on the other side of the stone door was not Wuya, but Jack. Chase smiled wickedly, and reached out with his arm, hooked it around Jack's waist and pulled him to his chest. ''Jack! What a pleasant surprise!.'' Just because he was all-powerful, didn't mean he had to stop exploiting Jack's feelings for his own gain, right? Jack giggled. ''Oh Chasey! Don't let Rai see you do something like this!'' Chase raised an eyebrow, ''First of all, don't call me 'Chasey','' Jack's lip quivered. ''and second of all, the young Wind Dragon? Why not?''
''Because he and I are going out.''
''What?!'' Chase dropped Jack in surprise. Jack's eyes got big and watery. ''Are you mad at me?'' He asked, worried. ''No.'' Chase leaned down and patted Jack's head. ''How could I get mad at you?'' Jack smiled, forgetting the many times the Evil Everlord had not only gotten mad at him, but had also hurt him very badly. Then Jack remembered why he had come in the first place. ''Chase, Wuya is coming to kill you!''
''Oh? Why?'' Jack summed up the story for Chase. ''I can take her.'' Jack felt a fresh rush of respect rise up for his hero, but he still had to convince Chase to help them. He put on his best frightened face and said in a high-pitched 'worried' voice. ''No! What if you get hurt?! Alone you might not be able to defeat her, but together we can take her down! Please Chase!'' Great, thought Jack, just stick a spinning rainbow behind me and I'll be all set. Chase rolled his eyes at the general fluffiness of what Jack had said, ''Fine, but only because I feel sorry for you pathetic fools. But just one question,'' Chase said.
''What?''
''Do you still have feelings for me?''
''Yes, of course! But you can't tell Raimundo that. He might get mad at me, and I don't want to lose him.''
''Of course I won't Jack. I wouldn't do that to you.'' Chase said, not even bothering to cross his fingers. Jack wasn't even worth that much effort to him.
Chase and his cats followed Jack back to the cave. When they arrived, Rai narrowed his eyes at Chase. ''Chase.'' Rai all but spat out. ''Raimundo.'' Chase said, with a hint mockery in his tone. ''Omi!'' Omi said. Rai and Chase looked at him weird. ''I'm sorry, it looked like fun.'' Jack looked around. ''You know, everyone I know, except Tubbimura, Vlad, and my parents are here in this cave.''
''Aren't you worried for your parents?'' Chase asked. ''You don't know as much as I thought you did Chasey-boy. My parents were abusive bastards. I *hope* they're dead. They deserve it.''
''I didn't know.'' Chase saw an opportunity to further manipulate Jack (because he'd sink that low). He got up and walked over to where Jack was sitting and sat down next to them. ''I'm glad you aren't sad.'' Chase wrapped his arms around Jack, and rested his chin on his head. Rai frowned. He wanted to pick Chase up by his pretty boy hair and yank him off of Jack. But to do so would upset Jack, so he didn't. Jack laughed, ''Aww thanks Chase. You're so nice to me.'' Then he looked at Rai and shame flashed across his face. Rai didn't like that. It made him sad to see that Jack wasn't happy. So, he smiled at Jack and gave him a look that said that it was okay with him if he flirted with Chase a little bit. Jack grinned and rested his head on the chest-plate of Chase's armor.
***
Wuya was disappointed that she had to kill Chase, but if she didn't, this whole thing would be pointless. But when she got to Chase's lair, she found it to be empty. But she didn't get too mad, Chase had purposely left a trail leading her to a cave. She knew this must be where the apprentices were hiding. She could also tell that Chase was there with them, as well. ''Oh Chase, I thank you for your help. It is so unfortunate that I have to kill you.'' She entered the cave. She was walking for about an hour before she finally reached the end of it, but nobody was there. Now she was mad. She could tell that the apprentices, Chase, and Katnappe were still in cave. ''Stupid witch, you fell right into our trap!''
''Jack? Where are you, you insolent boy!'' Something hit her from behind, and she landed face down in the dirt, Chase sitting on her back. ''Now Jack!'' Jack jumped out, puzzlebox in his hands, just as Wuya threw Chase off. She kicked the box away from Jack. Katnappe lunged for it, but Wuya hit her with a green Heylin magic blast, and she hit the cave wall. Jack watched Katnappe's lifeless body fall to the ground, horrified. But he quickly snapped out of it when Wuya began fighting with the monks, her attacks flying through the air. Jack looked around for Rai and the others, hoping that they were not hurt. Sylvan and the older monks were trying to restrain Wuya, with no avail. Not even Sylvan's solid metal could hold her. The others were fighting off Wuya's stone soldiers. Jack just finished off one of the smaller stone creatures, when he saw a flash of bright, white light. He shielded his eyes and saw Rai easily deflecting a Light attack delivered by Mary with a small gust of wind. Jack moved closer, blocking one of Wuya's stray, green blasts with one of his stronger Dark defenses. ''Mary, you've obviously never practiced and Master Feng has not trained you, so your attacks and defenses are pretty pathetic.'' Rai said. ''What's going on?'' Jack looked up to see his idol watching the two fighting apprentices. ''Chase? Shouldn't you be helping the monks fight Wuya?''
''They do not want *my* help. I'm evil, remember? Anyways, I repeat, what's going on?''
''I am going to destroy your little boyfriend, Jack. And then you're going to be all mine!''
''Wrong. Even if you could, by some weird phenomenon, defeat Raimundo, you would still have to go through me.'' Chase said, and then turned to Jack, ''My, aren't we the popular one?'' He grinned and wondered what Rai and Mary saw in Jack. There was a tap on Jack's shoulder, and he turned to come face to face with Wuya. ''Surprise.'' She said. Jack jumped back and threw a Darkness attack at Wuya. At the same time, Wuya shot one of her Heylin attacks. Their assaults met in mid-air, but neither one could get the upper hand. Trying to gain an advantage, both stepped closer together, and then the world exploded.
Jack awoke in a cell, all alone. He was frightened, and he didn't know where anyone was. Hell, he didn't even know where *he* was. ''Rai?'' He called. ''Chase? Omi! Anyone!''
''Oh, don't worry Jackie, they are all okay, for now.'' Jack turned to see Wuya, standing outside of his cell. ''I *was* going to kill them, but then I had a brilliant idea, why not let *you* do it?''
''What?! Not even in your dreams, Wuya!''
''What can *you* do about it, you stupid boy? I can make it so you become a zombie (temporary, of course) listening to my every whim and will. Except you will be aware of everything around you, that way you can watch every moment of your comrade's suffering, as you cause it.'' Jack tried to dodge her spell, but it was only a matter of time before she hit him dead on. Jack shuddered as the ability to control his own body left him. Wuya let him out of his prison. ''Here, hold this,'' She said, dropping the puzzlebox into his hands. ''Follow me.'' She said. And all Jack could do was obey. Jack noticed that they were in an abandoned jailhouse, the only place that Wuya could find that was able to efficiently restrain everyone. ''Jack!'' Jack looked up to see everyone that survived Wuya's raid. ''Don't bother, he is under my control now.'' Wuya said. ''Well, what are you waiting for? Destroy them, and make them suffer.''
''C'mon Jack, fight it!'' Shouted Kimiko. ''Remember, you rejected your evil ways! You are with us now!'' Said Omi. ''Jackie please!'' Rai pleaded. Jack hesitated, but Wuya's spell proved to be too much for him. Jack raised his hand to shoot a Darkness attack at them.