Other Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Black And White ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the Jonas Brothers, but the story and fictional characters are mine. =)
ONLY IN BLACK AND WHITE
 
Chapter One
 
“Sit, Lexi, sit… god, Carmen, your dog doesn't listen!” I yelled at her. She just shrugged. “Care to help me?” I asked. My cousin, Carmen, was lounging outside in the sun, in her brand new bathing suit, while I attempted to get a picture of her dog. I'm a photographer, it's basically my life. It's my passion.
She sighed and walked over to us, “what do you want me to do? And it's not my dog. Technically it's Tyler's. That's why she's not trained.” Sure, blame it on your brother, I thought to myself.
“Just get her to sit, please,” I said, annoyed.
“Fine, here Lexi, sit,” she said, and pushed the gold retriever down, so it was sitting.
“Thank you!” I said, and went back to my camera that was on top of the tripod. I focused it, and got it set to the right settings, I was just one click away from getting the perfect shot when…
“Damn,” Carmen muttered. I looked over and saw her chocolate ice cream cone dripping down her stomach. I smirked. I bet it ruined her new suit, too. She looked up and gave me one of her signature looks, but then shouted, “No! Lexi!” but it was too late. The dog ran towards the chocolate ice cream she spilled, knocking over my camera and the tripod.
Eww!! Get off of me! Tyler! Get your dog!” she screamed, while the dog was basically attacking her to get the ice cream. I ignored her, and ran to my camera. I picked it up and inspected it. Not too much damage done, thank god.
“Lexi! Come here, girl!” Tyler yelled, and Lexi immediately ran up to him. Tyler laughed and looked at Carmen, “what happened to you?”
“I dropped my ice cream and your stupid dog started attacking me.” He rolled his and came over to me, helping me pick up the tripod.
“Nothing broken?” he asked.
“No, thank god. Just a few scratches,” I answered. “But I still didn't get that shot.”
“What shot?”
“I wanted to get a shot of Lexi sitting in the garden. But someone,” I glanced at Carmen, “wouldn't help me get her to sit.”
He chuckled, “Want me to help you out?”
“That would be great. I just need this one shot, and I'm done with this roll,” I explained, and starting setting the camera back up.
“Where do you want her to sit?” he asked.
“Anywhere in the garden is fine.”
“Here?” he asked, and had her sitting perfectly in the middle of all the flowers.
“Perfect. Now hold on…” I said, and took the picture, “got it! Thanks, Ty.”
“No problem,” he said, smiling. “Now I'm going to go back to my friends…” he said, “you can come in and meet them if you want. They just got back.”
“Wait! Tyler! Get back here!” Carmen suddenly yelled. He stopped in his tracks, and turned around, facing her.
“Yes?”
“What friends are you talking about? The ones I never met? The ones that just went on tour?” she questioned.
“Yes…”
“Oh my god, April, get over here,” she commanded, motioning me to sit next to her.
“…what?”
“Tyler just invited the Jonas Brothers over! Have you heard of them?” she asked.
“No…”
“OMJ, well, they're amazing. Joe, he's my age, he is sooo cute! I think there's one you age, too. Nick. I think he's fifteen. But anyway, now's our chance! Let's go inside and meet them!”
“Ok… maybe later, though. I have to clean up all my camera equipment,” I said, using it as an excuse. I didn't really feel like meeting anyone new today, especially if Carmen likes them.
“No. You're com-ing…” she trailed off.
“Hey April, come here, I want you to meet my friends,” Tyler yelled from across the yard. Carmen squeezed my arm, and I gave her a weird look. I sighed and ran over to him and his friends.
My first thought when I saw them: Wow, they're pants are really tight. But after I got past that, I could see that they were actually really… nice looking. Ok, they were really hot. And it takes a lot for me to say that.
“Hey, you must be April. I'm Kevin,” he introduced, and waved. I smiled and waved back, waiting for this to be over so I could go and develop my new roll of film.
“And I'm Joseph. But most people call me Joe, or DJ Danger, or--”
“We get the point, Joe,” Tyler cut in.
“And I'm Nick,” he said, and I could immediately tell her was the quietest of his brothers.
“And I'm April. Ok, that was fun, but I'm going to go back and clean up my camera equipment,” I said, and ran back to it, “nice meeting you!” I added, figuring I should be polite.
“She's… different,” Joe said to Tyler and his brothers. “Not like most girls.”
“Yeah, when you said you had your sixteen year old cousin living with you, I expected her to be… well, like all those crazy girl fans,” Kevin said.
“She's a bit of a loner. She prefers being by herself and taking pictures than being with other people. She really is pretty cool once you get to know her,” Tyler said.
“Why is she living with you again?” Kevin asked.
“Something about her family's money issues, they thought she'd be better off here,” Tyler answered, unsure of the exact answer. “She used to live in Pennsylvania, so she has no friends or anything here. So if you guys don't mind, she'll probably hang with us a lot. I don't think she'll want to be around Carmen, they never really got along,” he said, laughing.
“That's cool. Hey, Nick, she's your age. Maybe you'll find yourself a new girlfriend,” Joe said, teasing him.
“Shut up. And you're not going to try and set me up, again, are you? Cause you set me up with Miley, and look how that turned out.”
“Yeah, Joe, I'm just trying to find her a friend, not a boyfriend. Especially if it'll be one of you three,” Tyler joked.
 
“I can't believe he introduced you, but not me!” Carmen complained, once I got back to the other side of the yard, where all my stuff was.
“Yeah, real shocker,” I muttered.
“So,” she began, “what did they say?”
“Um, they told me their names, and that was about it.”
“And you didn't strike up a conversation?” she asked in disbelief.
“Nope…”
“Girl, you have so much to learn. You're lucky I'm here to help you.” I rolled my eyes.
“Yeah, ok. I'm just going to go get these developed… be back later,” I told her.
I ran inside, grabbed my keys, and went out front to get into my car. Guess who lucky me ran into? The one and only Joe Jonas.
“Hey! April!” he shouted.
I turned around and smiled, “oh, hey.”
“Where you going?” he asked.
“To get this roll of film developed. I just finished it.”
“Oh, well, can I come with? I'm pretty bored.”
“Um, I guess. It's not really all that exciting, though,” I said, hoping he'd go away.
“It's ok, we'll make it fun somehow.” Great. Now I have to deal with Joe following me around. Well, look on the Brightside, I can tell Carmen all about how I went to the camera place with Joe Jonas. Haha.
a/n: the first chapter is done! I'm not exactly sure where this story is going, but I had this idea, so I figured I'd try it out. Let me know if you guys like!
xoxo
Blondie