Other Fan Fiction ❯ Only In Black And White ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the Jonas Brothers. Only the fictional characters and the plot.
 
ONLY IN BLACK AND WHITE
Chapter Two
 
“So… you're a photographer?” Joe asked in the car, attempting at starting a conversation.
“Yep.”
More silence, you could only hear the sound of the cars passing by.
“What do you take pictures of?” he suddenly asked.
“Anything. People, animals, landscapes, whatever I feel like taking.”
“Cool… mind if I turn on the radio?” he asked.
“Go ahead,” I answered, and he flipped through the stations until he found one that he liked. He grinned, and looked at me.
“Recognize this at all?” I listened to the song. There were two boys singing some pop song. They were ok, I guess, not my usual music.
“Not really…”
“Listen closer,” he told me, and turned it up a little. When I didn't respond, he started singing along. “Now my heart's in two, and I can't find the other half…”
“It's you, isn't it?” I finally guessed.
“Took you long enough,” he said, smiling.
“You've got a pretty good voice,” I admitted, “who's the other one singing? Kevin?”
“Nah, Kev just plays the guitar, and backup vocals. Nick's the other one singing. So… did you like it?”
“It's not really my kind of music, but I guess it was ok,” I said, and his smile disappeared, “but you're all great musicians,” I added.
“We are, aren't we?” he joked.
After five minutes, and zero conversation, Joe began humming to himself and tapping on his hands on his lap.
“ADHD much?” I asked.
“I'm bored. Are we there yet?”
“We are, actually.” I pulled up into an empty parking spot, and climbed out of the car, with my film in my hand. I started walking towards the store, leaving Joe behind me.
“You walk fast,” he commented once he finally caught up.
“Not really.”
“Yeah, you do.”
“Ok.”
“You're really hard to talk to, you know that?” he asked. Leave it to Joe to never be afraid of saying what's on his mind.
“I don't even know you yet,” I said.
“But you will,” he told me. I rolled my eyes, and went up to the desk.
“How may I help you?” the girl working there asked.
“Can you please develop these?” I asked, and handed over my film. “Only in black and white, though,” I added.
“Sure. Come back in an hour and it should be ready.”
“Ok, thank you.”
“Only black and white?” Joe asked, walking back to the car.
“Yep.”
“Why?”
“I like it better. It makes the pictures more… special, I guess,” I answered.
“Can I see some of your pictures?” he asked.
“Um, I guess. They're at my house, though,” I told him. Truthfully, I didn't really want him to see them. Some of them were really special to me…
“That's ok. I'm sure my brothers are still there, anyway.”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
“You took these?” they asked, in disbelief. I took out all of my pictures that I could find, laid them out on the coffee table, and let them look at them, since they were so interested.
“Yep.”
“These are really good, April,” Kevin said.
“Thanks.”
“Have you ever considered doing this professionally,” Tyler asked. This was his first time seeing these, too.
“I guess, for now, it's just a hobby. But hopefully I'll get to the professional level when I'm older.”
“You should definitely do it. You've got a lot of talent,” Nick complimented, flipping through all of my pictures.
“Thanks… again.”
“No problem.”
“April! Tyler! Dinner's ready!” my aunt yelled.
“Hey, do you guys want to stay for dinner?” Tyler asked them.
“If it's alright with your family…” Kevin answered.
“Mom! Is it ok if Kevin, Joe, and Nick stay for dinner?” he yelled to her. She cam into the room.
“Wouldn't it be easier to come into the kitchen and talk to me instead of yell?” she asked.
“Sorry, Mom, but can they?”
“Sure, as long as it's ok with their parents.”
“It's fine. Thanks you Mrs. Mason,” Joe said.
“No problem, you boy's are always welcome. April, can you clean those up while Tyler help me set the table?” she asked.
“Sure,” I said and started picking them up.
“I'll help you,” Nick said, and started picking up the other half.
“Thanks,” I told him as we took them back upstairs in my room. My room was still pretty empty, I hadn't finished unpacking yet. There were still three more boxes that had to get put away. My bed wasn't made, but I never make my bed, and my guitar was in it's stand, right next to it.
“You play the guitar?” Nick asked, and walked over to it.
“A little, my dad taught me, but I'm not very good.”
“I'm sure you're not that bad. We should play together some time,” he suggested.
“Yeah, that would be fun. Come on, we got to get to dinner.”
 
Dinner was awkward. My aunt and uncle always made sure that they included me in everything. All the questions were directed towards me.
“How do you like it here in LA so far, April?” my Uncle Jason asked.
“It's alright.”
“Made any new friends in the neighborhood besides these boys?”
“They live in the neighborhood?” I asked.
“Right next door,” Joe said. Oh, great.
“Um, no, I haven't met anyone else,” I said, “and I don't plan to, either,” I mumbled to myself.
“What was that?” Aunt Heather asked.
“Nothing.”
“She definitely said something,” said Carmen.
“No I didn't,” I argued back.
“Yes, you did.”
“Girls, just get along, please. I don't understand why you two hate each other so much.”
“We don't hate each other. We're practically sisters, right April?” Carmen asked.
“Uh, not really,” I said and she glared at me.
“So, how is the band going, guys? I've heard so much about it from Tyler. I'm surprised this is the first time I'm meeting you,” Carmen asked them.
“The band's fine. We just finished our tour,” Joe answered.
“Really? How was it? I wanted to go see you in concert, but I never had the chance.”
“It was fun, just a lot of traveling and little down time. Oh, look at the time! We should get going,” Kevin said. Haha, Carmen scared them off.
“Oh, ok, well talk to you later, then!” she said as they put their plates away.
“Thanks for the dinner, Mr. and Mrs. Mason!” they thanked.
“No problem. See you later, boys!”
“Bye! See you later, Tyler and April!” Joe yelled before leaving. And I would, tomorrow.