Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Hope of September 11th ❯ September 3, 2001 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Chapter 1
September 3, 2001
6:35 A.M.
 
 
 
 
It was indeed a beautiful morning. The sun barely peeking out over the western side of the sky, the other half still dark blue like a sapphire. This was my favorite time of the day, same thing in the evening when the sun and moon play together; really there was no beautiful place on Earth than in New York.
Hello my name is Serena Grant; I'm 16 years old and living on my own. It's not like I was kicked out or the parents are dead, in fact my mother and father live in Washington D.C. I'm too in love with New York to even leave it's my birth place and my treasure.
I love everything about it! My apartment, Central Park, Broadway, Brooklyn, Lady Liberty especially! My parents were called upon to work with President Bush about a year ago, yeah you're probably thinking `yeah right', but it's true! I couldn't believe it either, imagine President Bush comes knocking right on your hotel suite door and wants you to be one of his assistants! Well it didn't exactly happen that way, but he was sent a letter and I guess you can say it was close enough. Yep that's my dad. He was in working as New York governor for about a year and he is loved by everyone in New York.
Since he had to move to Washington I started begging to stay here, they wouldn't hear about for 2 weeks until they decided if I could prove I was mature enough to keep a place of my own and get a really good job to pay off, then I could stay; but I still have to move back during the summer to spend time with mom since dad would be working with Bush. My job so far is working as a secretary in the first building of the Twin Towers. I have to admit I really love my job; I get a good amount of money every week, and I have so many great friends!
The sun was now showing its full glory with the ruby clouds surrounding it. I had to get to work pretty soon. The closet does contain the latest fashion and why shouldn't it? I am a growing teenager after all! I picked out a black blouse with dark blue pants; black high heels completed the outfit along with my gold cross necklace. I guess I forgot to tell you about this one. The necklace was given to me by my mother on the day of my birth; I've never taken it off ever!! It's a family heirloom so that's mostly why. It's been through years of my family starting from my great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother. Yeah I know `WOW!'
It was already 7:30, I only have enough time to stop by Starbucks and get a quick hot tea and doughnut. I never really liked coffee that much it's yucky and it makes your teeth yellow!
I don't have a car; I really don't need one, to get to work I take 3 subway trains and a bus to get to work. I don't go to school anyways I was home schooled till I was 8, and when I finally got to school I graduated high school at the age of 14. I'm not a huge computer geek type of person, but my parents taught me almost everything about education, so school was out of the way.
All I have to do is find my keys and I'm out. “Meow” my cat Star purred against my leg…with my keys in her mouth. “Thanks Star, I gotta get to work so sorry I can't play”; she looked at me with sad silver eyes. Yeah everyone on my floor was scared of Star because she had those creepy silver eyes; I thought they were just gorgeous especially when she had a bald spot her left side. It was in the shape of a star, nothing big though it was just there when she was born, and that's how she got her name.
“Alright Star, I'm off! I'll see you tonight”, “Meow” was my reply back.