Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 4: A Single Step ❯ One Last Time ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hey, more apologies for taking so long to update. You wont be hearing excuses.
This story is so bad, I hate it, but I think I can just hurry up and finish it and get it done.
Last time: The gang of young adults got together to play a game of hide and seek. Tempest and Mani just ran for base.
Chapter 11 One Last Time
Tempest and Mani didn't have to wait long before someone else ran to base. The two looked up to see the yellow-orange mane Jai running at full-speed to base. He almost collided with Mani and the tree but managed to stop just in time.
"Woohoo! I made it!" He declared. "She chased me for a while until she realized I was home free." He said with a smirk. "I thinks he's after Tali and Kivu now. Woah Mani, what happened, your face is red. Are you blushing?" Jai looked closely at Mani's face. Mani's paw went to Jai's muzzle as he shoved his younger friend away.
"No, dork." he said quickly, then changed the subject. "Where did Tali hide?"
"She walked pass me a few times when I was hiding. I don't think she found a spot to hide."
"Then she may be caught by now."
"Probably." Jai agreed.
As if on que, all eyes turned toward the sound of running and hard breathing. A compact light brown lioness was coming at them with extreme speeds. Mani, Tempest and Jai yelped, and moved out of the way. Tali stopped nimbly in front of the tree.
"Hah!" she breathed. "Made it."
More thudding paws could be heard as Ciara arrived. "Man, all of you are already here?" She exclaimed, exausted.
"Yep." Mani said. "Tempest and I were here first."
"Man, Tali you are fast!" Ciara commented.
Tali flicked her tail, "Naturally."
"Well you better get back out there!," Jai teased his sister. "Kivu is still hiding".
Ciara groaned, turned and ran to find Kivu. She started heading toward a group of bushes she hadn't searched before. Moments of silence stretched into minutes as she searched. Suddenly there was rustling coming from a nearby bush. She saw a few leaves move.
"Aha!" She declared. "Kivu, I know you're behind the bush, come out." When nothing happened, she moved closer, and checked behind it. There was nothing. "I could have sworn he was there..." she muttered, puzzled. She was about to go check the next bush, when suddenly a pair of strong paws grabbed her around the neck. She yelped and was pulled to the ground. Her attacker tried to pin her, but she quickly toppled him over, and pinned his shoulders down tight. It could have only been one lion.
"Kivu, you idiot!" Ciara said with a laugh.
Kivu looked stunned. "Well gawd Ciara, I didn't know you could do that." he said, referring to her fast and heavy pin. She still smiled.
"Stupid, now you're it. Everyone else got to base."
Kivu just laughed. "I'm not all that surprised."
"What is that supposed to mean?" Ciara demanded.
Kivu's face mocked anger as his eyes looked deep into hers. "Is that a threat?"
Ciara felt embarrassed as she realized how close they were. She let go of her prey, and shook her head, as if to clear away any thoughts that came to her mind. A small giggle escaped her throat, but it didn't seem that Kivu caught it. She felt relieved.
"Let's go back."
The six young lions walked into Pride Rock's cave just before the sun started going down. The king quickly approached Kivu as he and his group walked in. "Kivu, where have you been?" The others took this as their que to leave.
"We weren't too far, Dad, why?"
"You were out most of the day.
"We were just out having fun. We weren't getting into trouble, honest."
"Its not that I think you're misbehaving," Kovu explained, "Its just that I need to know where you are sometimes."
"Oh."
"One more thing, there's going to be a special ceremony tomorrow, I want you to stay around Pride Rock so you will be ample part of it."
"What kind of ceremony?"
"Go ask your friend Tali." Kovu smiled, then dismissed himself by returning to his part of the den.
Kivu turned his eyes curiously to Tali where she stood talking to her mother, just out of earshot. Kanai said something to her, then Tali's eyes lit up. Her tail sliced through the air with excitment as she replied. Kanai looked proud, then dismissed her daughter with a nod of her head. Tali dashed to her friends who had settled in their designated part of the den. Kivu swiftly followed to hear the news.
"Tomorrow!" Tali said.
"Tomorrow what?" Kivu said as he arrived.
"My huntress acceptance test! They're holding it for me tomorrow!"
"Yay Tali!" Mani said, looking proud of her sister.
"I'm sure you'll do great." Jai complimented. Tali purred at him and he flushed noticably. The others agreed.
"You know what that means?" Ciara asked quietly. "You'll be an adult."
The six looked a little sad. They all knew that would mean Tali would be busy joining the hunting groups and other lioness duties instead of having time to play around like they had done that day.
"We can still be friends, Ciara, nothing's going to change that."
"But you won't get to hang out all day with us anymore..." Ciara's eyes dropped to her paws. Jai, at her side, put a paw on her lower arm for comfort.
"It's okay, Ciara," Tali continued and nuzzled her friend. Ciara looked up with a glisten of tears in her eyes.
"I'm sorry I'm being selfish and childish. I guess we all need to grow up sometime. Best of luck tomorrow, I'll be rooting for you!" She tried to smile.
"Me too!" Mani said.
"We all will." Kivu added.
The others nodded. "Thank you guys." Tali said with a smile. "The prey I catch will be only for us six to eat! Some of the lionesses told me that the ones you share your first catch with are the ones marked as your closest friends or family."
Everyone looked delighted. "You better catch a big one!" Kivu said as his stomach growled. Everyone laughed.
Choppy and I'm sorry, but it'll have to do. Pretend it's written by a 10 year old and it wont seem so bad. . Thanks guys 3