Other Fan Fiction ❯ Unforgetable Memories ❯ Mystery Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kino no Tabi
Unforgeable Memories
Kino X Shizu fanfic

This is a Fanfic of the anime Kino no Tabi. Kino no Tabi was NOT created by me! I only wrote this story of the characters as a fan of the show. I have nothing to do with creating this anime!

WARNING! MAY CONTAIN SPOILLERS!!!



Chapter 1

It was a beautiful but cold spring day as Shizu and his dog Riku pulled into the next country. They had come from a previous country know as the Land of Adults, which Shizu and Riku had learned more about a young girl and motorrad who had left the country refusing to go through what they called the operation. As Shizu had asked more about this operation, the more the villagers seemed to dislike him. He didn't know he had rubbed them in the wrong way. The people believed that the operation was a grand thing that would turn their children into proper adults.

When the child would turn twelve years old, they were taken to the hospital for this co-called operation and went they came out they would never again be unhappy about their future. They could take over their parent's jobs without complaint and live the rest of their life happily.

Shizu found this countries' custom very strange and disturbing yet he couldn't forget the story he heard of a young girl that began to question this custom a few days before her 12th birthday. It was said her name was XXXXX (her true name is unknown through the book), the name of a flower that if you pounced it a little different, the name would sound like an insult. She had meet a traveler and had gotten too close to him and to his point of view for her own good. Because of her questioning and refusal to go through the operation, she was claimed as a failure and should be killed, but the traveler had sacrificed himself so she could life on by tossing himself in front of her, before she was stabbed. She jumped on a motorrad and left the country never again to return.

As Shizu and Riku entered the new country on their buggy (I'm not sure what to call that little golf looking car thing, so I'll use buggy for now) they noticed not a single person was at the gate to welcome them into the country. They noticed a sign at the entrance that said “Welcome to the Land of Peace. All thy enter is welcome to live freely from times of war. No violence beyond these gates will take place or a curse shall be set upon thee.” Shizu continued through the gates to look for a inn for the night. He found a cozy looking on right down the road, so he paid for a room for the next two nights.