Other Fan Fiction ❯ Wrong Place, Wrong Time ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Chapter 21: Ureksa, the Knight in Shining Armor?

"What?" Master Ureksa looks at his guardian beast in surprise. "Wait, slow down, what are you talking about, Pouso?"

I learn that Pouso is the name of the little yellow ghost. His squeaks slow down as he has a conversation that only his master can understand.

"What are you saying? That doesn't concern me!" I wonder what Pouso told Master Ureksa. I don't know, but they're having some kind of argument and I can only understand Ureksa's half. "Rumari wouldn't say that. Well, actually she might say that, but... No, it doesn't mean it has to be me. What?! Duty?! I do have a duty and it's not to-" he stops and looks at me, I'm giving him a blank confused look. "I can understand him..."

"Yes, I know," It's not that I think he's crazy, I'm just confused by the incomplete argument I'm listening to. "It's like Pratty and Zantek, except I can make out a little of what Zantek says."

"It must be because of your affinity to machines, you choose correctly if a drill is your primary weapon." Master Ureksa gave me a compliment, sort of, and even if I said I wouldn't care about Ureksa or Sakuro anymore I'm happy.

Life is easy when you don't have big aspirations. There are no disappointments if your goals are not hard. My goal will be to enjoy life, and perhaps to let the gravity of Wystern's situation finally sink in. "That's right!" I'm not trying to make him fall for me, I'm not trying to impress him so I don't need to be disappointed if I don't. If I'm only aiming to be average then I can be confident that I'll do it.

Pouso starts to squeak again and I get the feeling that he's talking about me. Ureksa sighs and looks at me, as if to please his guardian beast and make him shut up. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine, I was exhausted before but I'm okay now. I took a break and I'm feeling better." I wonder what Pouso told Ureksa to make him ask me this.

"See? She's fine," now he addressed Pouso.

"Master Ureksa, what did Pouso tell you?" I wonder if I'll like the answer or if I was better off not knowing... probably the latter.

"He said that your heart was fragile and that you were very honest and open which made you vulnerable to be swept away by a vile villain, and that I had to be your knight in shining armor," Master Ureksa shakes his head.

I can only blink as I feel my cheeks become red. "I don't have a fragile heart!" I huff, embarrassment blending with offense.

Pouso starts squealing again and Master Ureksa translates for me. "Pouso is saying that you give up too easily, you don't value yourself enough and you have too much pride." He pauses indicating the end of the translation. "I think, that's a contradiction, one who doesn't value herself can't be proud."

Pouso takes a long look at Ureksa as if debating if he should say something or not and finally he squeaks causing Ureksa to look surprised then angry.

"Just like a hero can't be a villain..." I whisper because that's the first contradiction that comes to mind when I look at Master Ureksa.

"I thought you couldn't understand him," Ureksa's glare turns to me.

"I can't, but what else would he say that would bother you?" I realize that I must sound very rude. "I'm sorry I shouldn't speak of such things."

"Then don't," it's evident that Ureksa is angry and somehow I wish I could tell him that I don't mind his past and that I don't judge him by it.

But the words are caught in my throat choking me. "Pouso was the one who brought it up," I mentally kick myself the second those words leave my mouth. I don't want to get Pouso into more trouble. "But don't blame him, blame me. I'm the contradiction, the one who's mature enough to know she's sub par in many areas and mature enough to accept it, but too proud to stop trying to find happiness, while being completely childish about everything in life."

I have been told that though I'm childish quite often, I am mature in other areas. I think that maybe it's not so much that I'm mature, but that I can accept the fact that certain emotions are pointless. I can be stupid sometimes, letting my heart flutter, but then I remember it's pointless.

"Well you are an odd one..." Ureksa comments and I can't help it but to laugh.

"The honesty is appreciated," I don't know if I'm laughing at myself or at my foolish confusion.

When I lived in Rugista I was forced into a role that didn't fit me. I was the goody-goody damsel in distress who never questioned authority and believed everything she was told. Except in reality, I wasn't and that role made me feel ugly. For the longest time I have hated pink and skirts. I think the tomboyish look is cute, I think a tough woman is a real woman and the porcelain dolls are just dolls. I was always told I was wrong.

Now here I am; I'm finally free of my closed minded mother, whom I hope I never cross paths with again. I have Master Bron to thank for letting me come here, providing me with transportation to Wystern, a home and a job at the Silver Guild. But inevitably, due to my childhood, old doubts will return and my personal definition of beauty will be second guessed.

I suppose that I am ashamed I was too scared to run away before I had the possibility of a stable life. Maybe I was wise, or maybe I was a coward, I guess there's no way for me to know. But I feel as if my inner turmoil is ending and I can finally come to terms with myself. I think I can accept the look of a tough girl, battle scars included, even if said scars were inflicted by pathetically weak stray summons, I'm strong because I can accept them.

Yes, I'll just work that psychology on myself and get wrapped up in my own logic because for a long time when I was growing up I was in fact at the wrong place all the time. But that changed, because as long as I'm free I'm at the right place any time.

I laugh at the irony, my moodiness is settling down, yet I remember I really am trapped, along with everyone else in Wystern. But I will choose to foolishly think of this, not as danger, but as an adventure, and I will enjoy it.

Chapter 22: Panic Leads to Violence

Without realizing it, I have followed Master Ureksa into Central Tower and down the stairs. He enters the forging room next to the labyrinth entrance. It looks like he's overseeing the mass production of weapons to prepare for the attack.

As I head out of Central Tower and towards the Silver Guild, I realize that Central Tower is being fortified, and the town is buzzing with speculation and theories. Some have already figure out the truth and are helping, others prefer to remain in blissful denial and others are starting to panic. A crowd has began to gather around Central Tower, I don't like this. I guess reality didn't fully sink in until people started to panic.

I push through the crowd clutching the torpedo plans so hard that the paper wrinkles horribly. I shove, and push, and make it through the crowd. Finally I reach the Silver Guild, lucky to have avoided being knocked into the water by the people who keep coming and going up and down the busy streets. I'm not sure what happened, but whatever piece of information escaped, it certainly traveled fast. Or maybe it was the sight of the beloved Central Tower, landmark of the City of Swords, being turned into a battle fort that caused this reaction.

Sadly there's a crowd in front of the Silver Guild and they won't let me pass. "Excuse me, please let me through." They're not listening to me at all; they're so unorganized, like animals. "I need to get inside, please let me pass!" They're ignoring me! "Let me pass!" I scream at the top of my lungs and push through the crowd clutching the torpedo plans on one hand and my drill in the other just in case.

I manage to push past the crowd and to the front, not without a few scratches and bruises, but the door to the Silver Guild is closed. "Master Bron, open the door!"

"Forget it, we've been trying to get him to open it, get back in line!" Some guy I don't know yells at me.

"You don't live here!" I yell back, "I do!" I pound on the door. "Master Bron!" I try my hardest to let my voice be carried over the screaming of the crowd and to avoid being flattened against the door. "Master Bron!" It's not working; my throat hurts from screaming so much, why can't people be civilized? "Will you all please listen?!" It had no effect, they won't listen to me.

Zantek peeks out from the second floor window and scans the area at the entrance. "Zantek!" I yell as loud as I can even if my throat feels like its burning. "Zantek!" He sees me and floats down but the crowd tries to get to him and he has to float away.

Finally Pratty emerges at the window. "Everyone calm down!" But her voice cannot be carried over the crowd. I think she's getting mad. "Step away from the door," nobody listens and she rephrases it, "everyone step away from the door!"

I start making my way out of the crowd. The torpedo plans are ripped to shreds but everyone already knows something is going on so it's not like the secret isn't already out. I hope that wasn't the only copy of the plans. "Ah!" Someone pulls my hair so hard, I feel like it's being ripped off and I can't help it but to drill away in that direction.

Violence erupts as everyone wields their weapons; I'm definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time. I fear that I won't get out of this without a broken bone. The torpedo plans are lost in the chaos and my drill suffers serious damage as I try to block the incoming blows. They want to knock down the door, so I'm trying to stay away from the door. But I can't swim so I'm also trying to stay away from the water.

Inevitably I fall and splash around, refusing to let go of my drill. I manage to reach the stairs when some idiot steps on my hand. I recoil in pain and sink again, desperately splashing. It's all a blur to me, the voices all blend in as one and my thoughts are lost in the chaotic noise.

Cleru has joined his twin at the window. I think he's trying to talk her into not doing something harsh, but Pratty is pretty angry. All the girls from the Silver Guild have a reputation for being dangerous. "Zantek, give them a shock!" Oh no, water conducts electricity and I'm in the water! The shock comes so fast I don't have time to think. "Sugar, cool them off!" The one who said this wasn't Cleru, to whom Sugar is a guardian beast, but Pratty who is pissed off and thirsty for battle, while Cleru complains about the girls of the Silver Guild, his sister included, being too violent.

"Right away!" Sugar blows people away with a strong current of water and throws them out of the way while Zantek comes to rescue me and carries me up to the window.

"Are you alright?" Pratty asks; the thirst for battle still in her eyes.

I nod slowly, "I'll survive... but I can't feel one of my fingers. "I touch my hand to make sure that the finger is indeed still attached. "I think it's broken," it's odd because I don't feel pain, but my middle finger on my right hand is turning purple. "The torpedo plans were destroyed." My drill also suffered heavy damage.

"You're bleeding!" Cleru looks concerned.

I nod, I figured I must be bleeding somewhere, but Zantek's shock had made me numb and light headed. "I think I need to sit down." I press my back against the wall and allow myself to slide down before I collapse from a sudden dizziness.

"I'll heal you," Sugar has come back inside, leaving an even angrier crowd outside, I guess they didn't really cool off after all. She places her hand on my right cheek bone below the eye and focuses her healing powers. "There, that's the best I can do..." I wonder why she sounds apologetic.

"Is it bad?" I need a mirror, a reflective surface, anything. Cleru holds a broad sword in front of me, my reflection clear in its impeccable forging. That cut looks pretty nasty, as if I need to get uglier. "Those stupid, uncivilized, wild animals!" Some people are not worth saving, and it fills me with disgust knowing that I'll be making torpedoes to protect those idiots.

Chapter 23: Master Bron

I feel silly with a band-aid on my face even if my cut is closed. I guess I just want to hide it in hopes that it will be gone when I take the band-aid off. My skin is pale and scars easily so I know the chances of an instant recovery are slim to none.

The middle finger in my right hand is immobilized by two tiny pieces of wood. It is in fact broken. I'm right handed so this makes handling a screw driver more difficult than it should be as I assemble this torpedo.

The Craftlords thankfully had a copy of the plans that were destroyed in the disarray so I'm now working on the special drill-torpedoes. I don't know how many bruises I have, but the effect of Zantek's electricity has worn off by now and I'm feeling all the aches and pains.

I also realized that I did lose some hair in the battle, some of it pulled off and another portion broken. It better grow back or I'll look odd if I part my hair down the middle and have more on one side than the other. Honestly, right now those people are nothing but wild animals to me and I don't want to help them.

"How are the torpedoes coming along?" Master Bron comes to inspect my work.

"I just need to remind myself that these torpedoes will defend my friends. Ill just have to stop thinking that they'll also defend the uncivilized, panicking idiots that injured me when I was trying to save their worthless lives." I bitterly growled.

"That's no way to talk!" Master Bron scolds me.

"No Master, I don't want to help them. I'm doing this for my friends and myself, no one else. If it were only for them, the idiots, I would refuse to help!" I need to get this anger out of my system. I had been repaid for my kindness with injuries and I can't accept that.

"Listen to me, they were scared," Bron tries to reason with me.

"I don't do that when I'm scared!" I yell.

"Shut up and listen to me!" Bron's voice echoes all through the Silver Guild and a few clangs echo in the silence that follows. No doubt about it, several people were startled to the point of dropping what they were working on.

I glare, my eyes narrowed even further, I challenge Bron. "Fine, I will hear what you have to say but won't accept it without question, I'll be open, but not submissive."

I think he's surprised that I'm unfazed by his imposing voice and expression, but Bron continues to speak anyway. "We are here to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Your friends are stronger than you and although you can help them by making these torpedoes, they are not the ones that need you the most."

"Understood, what else?" I encourage him to go on, it's obvious that I am only listening to his point and trying to understand it, but I'm not accepting it.

"This is what the Protectors of Wystern do, they help those people. A hero isn't a hero for the sake of the fame. It's different. You need to learn that people make mistakes, and your kindness will sometimes be received with a slap in the face. I should know." I think I know what he means, Master Bron can appear to be intimidating at first and people can be quick to judge. They can slap the bad guy seal on him without even getting to know him, when he's actually quite kind, tough but kind. "All lives are precious and must be protected, do you understand what I'm saying."

"Yes, I accept your point of view and respect it Master Bron, but I have my own point of view." I think Bron is open enough to agree to disagree, and that will be the case here. "I am not willing to make sacrifices for those whom I don't care for. I think heroes are very noble, but a true hero is willing, anyone who is forced to make a sacrifice is more of a victim than a hero. I cannot find the will to give up anything for those whom I don't care for; I'm doing this for my friends and my friends only. All lives are precious, and I know I'm no one to judge, but not all lives have the same value to me."

The tension in the atmosphere begins to melt instead of increasing. "I see... Master Ureksa said something similar."

I remember hearing about that. He exchanged Wystern and his friends to avenge Rumari's illness and hopefully cure it with Parista's destruction. Rumari was more precious to him than all of Wystern. "Master Bron, I don't believe that people should be hurt for the sake of protecting other people. I do believe there's a difference between hurting and refusing to help, so that all efforts would be used for a purpose that's more important to me."

"Yes, there is in fact a big difference between hurting and simply not helping. But if you can help, then why not? I know you're angry at the panicking crowds but not everyone can remain level headed when they're scared. It's fine to do it for your friends, but if your friends want to help the fools too, would you save those fools then?" I am amused that Master Bron actually called them fools.

I can't help it but to smile knowing that Bron does understand. "I'll be honest, brutally honest even. Let the Craftlords make up the pretty speeches, I openly admit I have no interest in saving fools and I'm only doing it for my friends. Because the will of my dear friends is more precious to me than the very lives of the fools, and it is Ironically that very will that saves the fools."

"You really do remind me of Ureksa," Master Bron laughs.

I'm not sure if it's meant to be a compliment or not, but I'll take it as a compliment, "thanks."

"Well then, let's look at those torpedoes." Master Bron inspects the torpedoes. "Good job, these are ready to be loaded into the ships, we gotta be ready any time. But you don't need to worry so much about the finish, not everything needs to be neatly soldered as long as it works and it doesn't come apart, so try to hurry as much as you can. You're still doing a pretty good job, broken finger and all. Keep at it."

"I'll try my best Master Bron," and I really mean it. I'm not doing this for the herd of wild animals disguised as humans. I'm doing this for my friends, for Master Bron who has helped me so much, for Rumari, for the Craftlords and for my home.

Chapter 24: United we Stand

The sea serpents have declared the attack. The vessel sent to watch the front lines has sent a messenger boat telling everyone to prepare for battle. I knew we would need to move to Central Tower soon, so I stuffed my savings in my pocket, and clothes into a backpack. Bron has told me not to carry a heavy load because Central Tower will be crowded. I put my things in boxes and stuffed them under the bed in hopes of keeping them as safe as possible if the building is damaged.

Some men came over to move my tools and materials to Central Tower in my designated work space. I took my limited luggage and followed them. I set down my things in my work area, which is quite small.

We have divided the different artillery building steps among ourselves instead of having each person do the entire process. I'm in the assembly area putting the torpedoes together and passing them out to be inspected and sent off for battle.

It's amazing how fast the Craftlords got everything to work out. I think Pratty got into trouble for her earlier stunt, for which she shared the blame with Cleru even if it really wasn't his fault. But they made up for it with an inspirational speech to get everyone working as a team.

Truth be told, I'm not too proud of the torpedoes, I feel I have nothing to be proud of because I didn't make them myself from scratch, I only worked on part of the process. I'm not really too much of a team player, but I guess this isn't the right time to complain about feeling out of place.

Central Tower has been fortified and everyone is inside now. I don't know for how long I'll go without sleep but we need to keep the torpedo production line going. A part of me is very bored and wants to do a different task, but I guess all the tasks available will become boring after a while.

I'm slowing down even if I'm trying to hurry. Master Bron's words echo in my head, that my friends can take care of themselves. The extra effort feels pointless; the idiotic strangers around me are not worth sore wrists. I wish someone would come see me. I want to see Master Sakuro and Master Ureksa but they're probably at the front lines fighting right now. This is such a drag...

After several hours my stomach starts to grumble. "Am I the only one who's starving?" I ask the person working next to me, someone I don't know, someone more diligent than I am.

"Don't be childish, keep working," I huff hearing that.

"We won't be of any use if we collapse," it's logical, pure and simple logic.

"Would you not lay your life down for Wystern?" I feel like laughing at this idiot's face.

"Of course not, what good is Wystern if I'm not there to enjoy it?" A few mutters are heard and people give me disapproving looks. "I'm not afraid to be honest."

"You're not honorable," someone behind me mutters.

"Honor is to respect others; I respect those who think differently than me. Lying is a disrespect; I don't do that," more grumbles come and I laugh. "Either way, does it matter if our motivations are different? We're all working towards the same goal."

"Yes it matters," someone in the row in front of me speaks.

"Why?" I challenge.

"You're not proud of Wystern." I roll my eyes.

The reason I'm not patriotic or proud of my country, is because it's honestly not my country, I don't run it. I live in it but I don't pick who gets to live here. Besides, I cannot be proud of someone else's accomplishment, I can be happy for my friends but the pride and credit belongs to them. I don't defend those who are from the same city as I am, simply because they are from the same city. I don't defend a certain culture just because I live in it. I take what I like from each culture and make it a part of my life, Wystern isn't perfect, nor is Rugista a horrible place, and I can admit that. "No, but I'm proud of the part of Wystern that my friends and I represent." I'm not into groups, I'm picky with people. I don't give credit where it wasn't earned and don't expect to receive the credit a neighbor earned just because we live near each other.

A girl comes by with food. "Do you want to stop and eat?" She asks, and most people just say no, thinking that starving themselves is noble. That's just stupid.

"I'm hungry; I'll eat and work at the same time, okay?" The girl nods and sets down some food in front of me. My poor metabolism must be messed up by this schedule. I don't care of I'm thinking vainly but it better not slow down. Because the truth is, I have high hopes that we'll win, and I'm don't want to give it all up because I'll regret it when this ends and I have nothing left.

"Same here, she's right, we're not going to be any good if we collapse," Kenon has finally spoken; he's forging the outer shells of the torpedoes.

"But what if we need to ration food while we wait for reinforcements?" I twitch while listening to people who are completely missing the point.

Luckily Kenon did not miss the point. "That won't be necessary, because we're going to win this. We need to be strong now!"

I am for some unknown reason reminded of Rugista and an argument there was about making a local dialect the official language. People whined and complained that if the dialect wasn't included in the official paper work, at the very least as a second language, it was an offense to their culture. My thoughts were that those very people who claimed to defend the culture of Rugista must have a very low opinion of it thinking that Rugista's culture is so weak that it must be protected by an official document. Even if it is written, if people stop speaking the dialect it will disappear, and even if it is not written in those official papers, if people continue to speak it, it will survive through generations.

I hate it when people get caught up in foolish patriotic pride and fail to realize that in the end it's all up to free will and what the next generation likes and dislikes, it cannot be forced upon them by the previous one, and I happen to like evolution towards a more open minded society. To live in a place that allows choices, that is what's truly patriotic.

On a random note, Kenon looks pretty amusing banging away with his hammer with a sandwich in his mouth.

Chapter 25: From a Side Character's Point of View

I didn't go to the front lines, I didn't expect to go. I'm tired, hungry, cranky, sweaty and stinky. This isn't the glory of a hero, nor is it the gallant rescuing of a princess. I'm just a girl being transported to safety.

The battle is a blur, mostly because I heard more than I saw. The Craftlords and strongest Craftknights fought well. Ships from Vance and Rugista arrived to assist Wystern. It must have been epic, I know, but I'm not the main character of this war tale. I'm nothing but a girl who is simply standing by, an extra in the story with a role so small that she's not even a supporting character. I'm nothing but a bench warmer in the game of life.

The sea serpents broke through the defenses and attacked Wystern. The fortified Central Tower stood proudly and another wave of powerful Craftknights joined the attack force. They were led by Kenon, and now I know why he was asked to stay behind in the first place. It was for this, an ambush from the battle tower when the enemy thought that the tower only held civilians.

Now that it's all over, the feeling of being adventurous has faded and I'm left with disappointment. When a disaster happens, most people worry during it, and after the action ends, so do their worries. Most people are filled with relief to have survived as the process of recovery and reconstructions starts. For me it's not like that.

For me, the hardest time starts after the storm is calm. During the storm I can at least feel adventurous, even if it may be foolish to appreciate the danger in such a way. Even if I'm not in the front lines, even if my job is so small and not hard to replace, even then I feel as part of the adventure. But when the battle ends and lives and homes need to be rebuilt, a feeling of desperation sinks in. The adventure is over and now the hard part starts.

I'm not as relived as I should be that I'm alive and that Wystern still stands, damaged but proud. I'm frustrated that I can't go from adventurous to normal without skipping the stage of being temporarily homeless.

The Craftlords now have the task of assessing the damage done to Wystern. According to the guardian beasts who were able to understand the enemy's growls during their retreat, they had recognized that Parista did not give us power, we had power over Parista. That's not exactly how it went, but close enough; and it turned out to be a beneficial interpretation. Their legends have changed and they no longer fear Parista the superior being, they fear Wystern, the land of supreme warriors, the holy City of Swords, because to them it has become that.

Cannels need to be fixed, structures need to be reinforced and roofs and walls need to be patched up. Everyone is to take refuge in Vance and Rugista until the repairs are done, to assure the safety of the people of Wystern. After all, the city is a tower in the middle of the ocean, an architectonic miracle.

I wanted to go to Vance, but I was shoved into a ship and told he destination was a safe place, nothing more. I wished and hoped that the ship was taking me to Vance, and I was terribly disappointed when I arrived at Rugista, the place were I used to live before I earned my freedom. My heart sank, my knees felt weak and I didn't want to get off the ship.

I was pushed along anyway, I was pushed along with everyone else as if I was just as much as a panicking, cry baby idiot as them. I wanted to cry for the lack of respect, for being grouped with the people who couldn't keep their sanity during the disaster, and for being forced to go to Rugista.

We were ushered into a designated area; we were to take turns using the facilities borrowed from volunteers. I decided that personal hygiene would have to wait, and that I would find a place to shower after the lines have become smaller. If we were victorious, why is it that it doesn't look like we were?

I'm nothing but a side character in this tale of war. I'm definitely not the hero, nor am I the villain. I'm not the sidekick or the apprentice, and definitely not the lady love. I'm just another extra, so I will not be mentioned when the story is retold, and thus I should not be recognized while the story is taking place.

She found me, the being I can't help it but to feel anger towards, the one who has no right to call herself a mother. These have been stressful times for me after reality hit me in the face. I did not want to be found by her and refused the offer of a shower and food. I don't want to give her the satisfaction of playing the good mother who shelters the terrible daughter who abandoned her, when in fact she was the one who pushed me into running away to start my life over far from her. I refuse to give her the chance to continue tarnishing my reputation while she gains sympathy because somehow, in the eyes of the people of Rugista, I'm always the villain.

I will not let that woman trample all over my life, the freedom I worked so hard to obtain, and the identity that she wouldn't let me have and I have finally gained. I'm not an eternal bad actress anymore, I am myself and I will act no more. "What part of 'I hate you' do you not understand?" Desperate tears start to fall but my glare is solid. "You have not earned my love and you won't get it by being a hypocrite. I'm not going to live for you; you're not turning me into your little pet again. I live for myself now." I walked away.

It was the mayor himself who stopped me and lectured me, then I told him to "kick me out of Rugista if you don't like my attitude. I don't wish to be here anyway." He freaked out and tried to imprison me to make me cool my head.

In the eyes of those who are more emotional than reasonable, those who jump to conclusions without thinking of the past they know nothing of, that day I was the villain. I truthfully claimed I did nothing wrong, that I merely refused an offer from someone with whom I had a bad past and that I truthfully expressed my dislike for being at Rugista.

The people of Wystern were only used to seeing my good side, the girl I became after starting a new life. They claimed I changed for the worse, that I was an ingrate. But I guess it really is hard to stay focused when you're scared; and I was terrified of becoming that pathetic girl who was trapped at Rugista and forced into a role she hates.

Chapter 26: The Hero With Sapphire Eyes

"Master Sakuro!" I scream desperately at the top of my lungs, tears streaming down my face, an audience gathering around us.

Master Sakuro and the other Craftlords have scattered around Rugista and Vance. They are seeing everything through before returning to Wystern to check on the status of the city and work on repairs. "What's going on?" I know he disapproves of my lack of composure, Master Bron would shake his head as well after all the things I said about people who panic. Maybe I should have just kept my big mouth shut.

"Master Sakuro, I can't be here!" Crying like a baby I run to my hero, Sakuro, the Craftlord of Sapphire, someone whom I feel I can trust with my very life.

"What happened?" His glasses are missing, his hair is messy, his cape is ripped, his clothes are wet and dirty, he smells of sea water and sea serpent mixed with sweat and salt, but to me, he's the most handsome man in the entire world.

"She's an ingrate!" The mayor accuses me. He only likes cute girls and now more than ever, I am not cute.

"That's not true. I didn't do anything wrong," I speak quickly defending myself. "I just refused help from someone who hurt me in the past, someone whom I don't trust at all. It's my business, there's no need for the entire village to meddle."

From there things go spiraling out of control as I get into an argument with the mayor, until Sakuro speaks up. "Enough! Mayor I apologize, I will speak to her, please excuse us." Certain that I'll get a good scolding from Sakuro, the mayor does not object, but just as I expected, Sakuro does hear me out. "I thought you were calmer than this. What happened?"

"I used to live here; I don't get along with mother. Everyone thinks she's great but it's all one big act I was forced to play along with when I was little. After father passed away I couldn't tolerate her any longer and begged Master Bron to get me out of here. At Wystern I found happiness, freedom and friendship for the first time and I never want to get stuck with her again. The mayor wants to force me into living with her again, into supporting my least favorite person in the world. I guess I just got scared... this land wasn't my home, it was my prison in many ways, and everyone thought I was spoiled." I know I must look terrible crying so much, but I have no time to think about such things right now.

"Can you try to fix things? Leave the past behind?" Master Sakuro asks with such urgency I wonder if there's something I don't know. I think there's more to it than just getting people organized and checking over the status of Wystern.

"Of all the people in the world, she's the one I truly can't stand. Can I stay in the ship instead of the shelter? I want to go to Vance in the next boat leaving, or I could go to Wystern and work, I don't mind extra work as long as I can get out of here." I'm stubborn and desperate.

Master Sakuro sighs, shaking his head. "I expect your complete silence and I expect you to set the example. Don't make me feel like I made a mistake recommending you to the Protectors of Wystern."

I knew it; there really is something serious going on, more so than most would think. "It's not over, is it?"

"For the sea serpents it is," then there's another enemy? "But for the Deiglayans it's just begun. They see this as an opportunity to take down the weakened forces of Wystern. Don't worry, the worse is over. We can handle this. But, I can't let you stay on the ships; these ships are going into battle soon. It won't b a long fight, but I don't want anyone being in unnecessary danger."

I frown, "I understand... what should I do then?" I don't want to act like a child. I don't want to cause Master Sakuro any trouble.

I think he's glad I calmed down, his smile gives me hope and his eyes are just as radiant as ever, Sakuro, the hero with sapphire eyes. "Try to fix things with your mother let the past be the past. You need to keep the peace, set the example, Wystern is its people, protect them."

I take a deep breath, "I'm sorry I can't do that, but I will try my best to stay calm and help people. If she comes I'll ignore her and eventually she'll leave me alone." But I know she's a drama queen, and I know she'll make a fuss. The mayor believes in her drama and exaggerated tears of hypocrisy, he's on her side so I know that what I said won't work out.

"I'll trust your judgment, just don't act rashly and don't let hatred consume you," when I'm with Master Sakuro I feel safe.

"The mayor is stubborn; I'll politely decline anything that comes up that I don't trust, a trick to force me to get stuck with her again. He's angry because I left Rugista; I'm a villain in their eyes. If worse comes to worse, I'll most likely be at the Marine Dungeon. If I'm missing for too long, when all of this is over, please send someone to get me out of there." I walk away, marching stubbornly. Sakuro calls my name and I look back and smile at him. "People have more than one talent Master Sakuro. Swords and curry," it's obvious I'm referring to him, and as for me, "drills and stubbornness, or in a positive light I should say determination."

It's true that I often let go of a goal mid way when it no longer interests me. I gave up on mastering the labyrinth, I gave up on becoming a professional Craftknight and I gave up on combining spears and drills, later dedicating myself to my comfort zone, drill engines. But when I truly want something, when I decide to do something and feel this strongly about it, I will not give up.

I think Master Sakuro was disappointed by my choice. "Appearances are deceiving and the past can't be changed... all the more reason to protect my future." I smile at Master Sakuro, the man I've fallen in love with even if I had tried so hard not to, the man I know I shall never have.

Sakuro nods, "just be careful." Those words though simple, hold a lot of meaning to me and give me strength. I still wish I was in Vance and wonder how things are going there, but if it's to have the freedom to see Sakuro again, I will get through this.

Chapter 27: Pratty, the Craftlord of Iron

Tensions ran deep between mother, the mayor and I. I'm sure everyone hates me but I didn't care. I made it clear I wouldn't go back to her house even if I had to live in the streets or if I was thrown into the Marine Dungeon.

"Thanks but no thanks," I said with the formality with which one would address a stranger. Not just any stranger but a stranger with whom I have no interest of building any trust. "There are other people who will appreciate your help so please help them. I can wait."

"I don't want strangers in my house," her voice is so dramatic that it's hard to understand and in an exaggerated high pitch. "I want my little girl back!"

The mayor glares at me; of course I'm the villain here. "I can't believe you're making your mother go through all this."

"Excuse me mayor but I refuse to forfeit my freedom. I do not need her and I ask for nothing. I will not be a burden to anyone." I'm burning with frustration because no one ever takes my side, they don't even bother trying to see things from my point of view, but I try to sound as calm and nonchalant as possible. "I highly disapprove of people who speak behind other's backs."

"Are you accusing me?!" I can see that the mayor is very upset.

"I was talking about her," I glance at the middle aged woman. "If you knew the terrible things she said about Clarie, you wouldn't defend her." I'm not lying, that woman did say terrible things about Clarie, though some were actually true. "I will not argue, I am not a citizen of Rugista, I am of Wystern and I will leave this foreign land as soon as possible. I'm prepared to wait for Wystern to claim me in the Marine Dungeon if I must."

I don't think the mayor believed me about Clarie. "Perhaps we should detain you."

I won't react to anything the mayor says as he expects me to. "Very well, carry out your injustice, I won't resist. But know that the Craftlords expect me back alive and anything that goes on here, they will know." I'm not exactly lying this time either, I did tell Sakuro about this.

Another argument ensues and there is much yelling until Pratty emerges from the crowds of guests and locals to see what was going on with the overly dramatic woman, the mayor and me. "What's happening?"

"They're throwing me in jail because I refused to be her slave." I point accusingly at mother, disgusted that we're related.

"What? That's ridiculous! Why would you have to be?" Pratty, the Craftlord of Iron, like her brother Cleru, also a Craftlord holding a twin title, is a true hero.

"The woman is her mother, Pratty, you wouldn't abandon your mother would you?" My anger boils at the mayor.

"Don't you dare," I speak slowly emphasizing every word. "Don't you dare insult Amariss, don't you dare compare her."

I'm sure that Pratty doesn't fully understand what's going on yet, but she's not keen on the idea of her mother being criticized. "What about my mother?" Pratty glares at the mayor.

Another argument begins and I pull Pratty aside. "Just ignore her, it's a long story, I have my reasons to dislike her. I refuse to do as the mayor says and support her. It's not like she did the same for me, my father was the only one who did anything for me, just enough so I could survive living with her."

Pratty nods, "okay, you're my friend so I'll trust you. Mayor, please don't jump to conclusions because not all tears are sincere. A dear friend is acting completely different and I know she must have a good reason. When I was younger I used to idolize all the Craftlords. Master Lubert's betrayal was unthinkable until I realized I wasn't looking at reality. Just because my mother is nice doesn't mean they all are."

I've been rescued again, this time by Pratty the Craftlord of Iron. I'm thankful for my dear friends. I want to forget my past and continue my new life.

"What did she do?" Pratty shakes her head. "No, I shouldn't ask..."

"It's okay, when no one took my side you did, so it's fine," just because I was willing to wait to be rescued at the Marine Dungeon doesn't mean I would enjoy being locked up. "Basically, she wanted me to play the role of damsel in distress all the time, wear ridiculous pink dresses, stop questioning everything and act like a brainless idiot before learning the logic of what I'm asked to do. I think that was an excuse because she herself couldn't come up with an explanation for anything. She would brag about having such a polite and well behaved daughter, and then criticize my every tiny and natural mistake."

Pratty nods and listens with attention.

"You know what, if I tripped and fell as a kid, scratched knees were not the worse part, my mother complaining as if I had committed a terrible crime was the worse part. Plus she never spoke with the example which made me lose faith in her. She wasn't reliable and expected to rely on me, but when I respectfully tried to give her advice to improve herself, she wouldn't take it saying that she's the mother and I'm the daughter. A child is in no way inferior to a parent, a child is still learning, still gaining experience, but a child is not an inferior being and can come up with good ideas from a new and unbiased point of view. I refused to grow up to be the servant she wanted, that's why I left."

"I understand now, you were not wrong, she had to let you go." It looks like Pratty got upset about it too.

It was all just in time for the mayor's little soldiers to come looking for me. I guess mother has given him such a headache he decided to throw me in the dungeon to shut her up. After all, the villagers sympathize with her, so he can't throw her in the dungeon even if she's the one causing trouble. "You'll have to come with us."

"No," Pratty speaks up. "In the name of Pratty, Craftlord of Iron, by the power of the City of Swords, Wystern, I order you to leave her alone. She is a citizen of Wystern, not Rugista, tell that to the mayor."

"Thank you, Master Pratty..." I've never been so formal with Pratty before because she doesn't like it. But this time it's different, it's not a formality but the acknowledgement that she has truly earned her title and is using it well, so she smiles.

Things became quiet after that, no one bothered me anymore. They talked behind my back but it's okay, they couldn't do anything. I thanked Pratty many times, but words can't say how thankful I truly am. Later she left to join Master Sakuro and the other Craftlords in the battle field. The Deiglayans have more than two dozen ships this time. At a later date Master Kouren would retell the story about how even with thirty ships, there was no way they could win against the Craftlords.

Chapter 28: The Road to Recovery

I was so happy that my connection with Rugista and with that woman were properly cut, that not even Clarie being Clarie could annoy me. Of course I still firmly planted myself between her and Varil as a sort of human barrier. Keeping Clarie away from Varil was the least I could do for Pratty.

It wasn't until later that I managed to shower and make myself semi-presentable. That night the ships returned to port and after asking Master Sakuro again, he allowed me to spend the night on one of the ships since the battle had ended.

The next day, all the members of PoW returned to Wystern to work on an estimate of the damage and make sure the city was stable and in no danger of collapsing before people were allowed to return.

Fortunately, Wystern still stood strong with only superficial damage. Not Parista's earthquakes and burning fury and not the grudge and anger of the sea serpents could bring down the City of Swords; it makes me proud to live there.

People have started to return little by little, but no one had moved back yet on that day, those who returned where the ones who would be working on the repairs.

It surprised me when, in a small moment when they finally let him catch a breather, Sakuro asked me, "did everything work out?"

"Yes," I'm happy about how things worked out, even if it might have not been perfect. "Pratty helped me, my official homeland is now Wystern and I have no connection with Rugista. The mayor asked me never to return and I agreed. I guess the old hag must have been really giving him a headache. Now that I think about it, it must have been hard for him having to put up with her since the village was on her side."

"Well that's not exactly a fluffy happy ending, but it's happy enough I suppose." Master Sakuro has been through a lot lately, we all have, but the Craftlords were actually in the front lines. "Oh by the way, Pouso was asking about you."

"Pouso? Master Ureksa's guardian beast?" I feel my face heating up just remembering the little tattle tell. "What did he say?"

"He didn't really say much, but he asked a lot of questions." Master Sakuro reveals.

"What kind of questions?" I wonder if I really want to know.

"What kind of men you liked, that sort of thing." I shouldn't have asked.

"Um..." I feel like I'm in the wrong place, at the wrong time again... "Why would he ask such a thing?" And sinking deeper.

"It doesn't surprise me, that's why Ureksa only calls him out to battle, but we needed the extra help so he had to stay here for longer than usual." Master Sakuro didn't really answer my question. "Now Pouso doesn't want to leave, he gave Ureksa the sad look and Ureksa just couldn't send him back."

"Then Pouso likes to be nosy with girls?" I know this will probably lead to an embarrassing and awkward moment that I will regret, but I can't help it if I'm curious.

"Yes, he does, he's dead set in finding a girl for Ureksa," I should have known Master Sakuro would say that.

"Really? I've never heard of a guardian beast doing that before." That's it, I have to act casual, as if this has nothing to do with me, because honestly it doesn't. I'm just another girl that Pouso spoke to, he must act the same way towards all the girls, it doesn't mean that I have any possibilities with Master Ureksa.

"It's not that rare," I should have known it wasn't. I think Master Sakuro noticed I started to feel awkward. "Naturally a guardian beast would want its master to be happy, it's part of what they do."

"Do you have a guardian beast, Master Sakuro?" That's it, change the subject... Oh wait, what if he thinks I want his summon creature to play matchmaker for us? Well that would be nice, but it wouldn't work anyway. The same goes for Ureksa. These men are unreachable for me, that's all there is to it and no amount of help can change it.

"Not really, maybe I will some day if I find one that can make curry with love..." I stare at him and blink, Master Sakuro is certainly unique.

"You mean that you would test all possible guardian beasts by having them make curry?" I ask and he nods to answer my question positively. "That's original," I can't help it but to be amused.

After that conversation with Master Sakuro I thought about him a lot. I also thought about Pouso and Master Ureksa. I realized that maybe I wasn't trying to replace Master Sakuro with Master Ureksa and might actually truly Ureksa too, but I don't know for sure. I think I might like Master Sakuro best, not that it matters since neither would like me back. However, if by some miracle either of them liked me back, then the one who likes me would definitely become not only the one I like best, but the only one.

Wystern was on the road to recovery and was rebuilt rather quickly. We all moved back home and Wystern was better than ever. It became not only the City of Swords, but a virtually impenetrable fortress. Some were not happy with it, claiming that it looked too militaristic and the Craftknights were more like artists, but personally, I think the shining armored city looked very majestic.

Not a lot happened for the next few months. Everyone pitched in and the economy recovered. I have improved in making drill engines and I've been training harder at the labyrinth. My friends are still my friends. Cleru and Sugar are still in love and he is no longer shy about showing it in public. Pratty and Varil are also still together, it looks like they will be together for the rest of their lives.

Amariss and Bron are slowly becoming closer, but I don't know if they'll eventually become more than friends. Kenon and Razzy are slowly progressing, slow but steady. Kouran has gained an admirer, a man who works guarding the Craftlords' private room at Central Tower where they say there's a secret entrance to the labyrinth, but I don't know if there's anything between them. Sakuro is still a great cook and occasionally we all gather at his house for lunch. Kouren visits often but I have not seen them doing anything that looked like a date so they might not be together, I hope not.

Ureksa comes and goes, visiting Wystern often and going back to Vance soon after. His visits are slowly becoming longer, as if not to intrude in his sister's time with her fiance. Pouso has been stalking all the single young girls in town trying to get Ureksa a date. Luckily they're having a hard time understanding the little guy and when someone finally starts to catch on, Ureksa arrives to take Pouso away and claims that the little summon creature likes to joke and make up stories. I guess it would be a bit embarrassing for a Craftlord if his summon creature had to get him a date.

As for me, Pouso has taken a liking to the sugary treats I give him. I'm not sure what Ureksa thinks about it, but I did offer to keep Pouso out of trouble. He's such a good little helper even if he's not my guardian beast. I'm glad Ureksa is letting him stay in this world. Honestly, who could say no to a little cutie like Pouso?

Chapter 29: Rumari and Tyram's Wedding

Rumari, the previous Craftlord of Jade, still known as the Majestic Lancer, is getting married. Wystern, now once again an active industrial city buzzing with activity, talks of nothing more. I'm happy for Rumari and Tyram. I heard he was once again, this time permanently, forfeiting his title of Craftlord of Crystal.

Ever since Lubert died there has been no Craftlord of Amber, but there were two Craftlords of Iron so it evened out. Both Cleru and Pratty aimed for their father's title and neither wanted to let it go, so they were both allowed to carry the name of Iron. The name of Amber remained unclaimed for years, stained with the reputation of the last one to hold it, waiting to be cleaned.

Now Crystal is without a master, but Varil claims it won't remain that way for long. No date has been set for the tournament to take place, but he's confident he'll win when ever that is. A tournament for the rank of Craftlord was mentioned during the entire sea serpent ordeal but it was never finished and now it will most likely be postponed until after Rumari and Tyram's wedding since the Craftlords who organize the tournament will surely attend.

Time passes as it always has. My skill with drill engines continues to improve and the scars of clumsy encounters with stray summons in the labyrinth continue to fade as I become a better opponent. The situation in the labyrinth has normalized and the City of Swords is in a time of happiness.

A week before Rumari's wedding I went gift shopping with Pratty, Zantek, Varil, Cleru, Sugar, Razzy and Kenon. Sugar often spoke about how she looked forward to her own wedding someday, and Cleru did not deny that the event would some day take place. It was fun to see Pratty teasing Varil in a similar way. For the most part Razzy was a bit confused about the entire something new, something old, something borrowed and something blue, tradition, but no one really had an answer about where it came from and why. Razzy spoke of the flowers she liked, and how she wanted a wedding full of flowers one day; I'm not sure if she noticed that Kenon kept blushing and smiling the entire time. I can't say it was easy picking a gift, but I finally picked something and bought it.

The wedding took place in Wystern, even if everyone initially thought it would take place in Vance. Tyram the calm retained his name during the entire process not being nervous at all. Ironically, the one that was running around frantically trying to make sure everything was perfect for his sister's wedding was the best man, Ureksa.

I must say everyone looked great. Picking a formal attire for the wedding wasn't easy but it was done. I think that Razzy, Pratty and I were the ones least comfortable in dresses, since all three of us have a reputation for being a bit tomboyish, especially Razzy, but we survived it. I have Sugar to thank for fixing my hair and make-up. She's been doing more of those 'human girl activities' as she calls them, in preparation to marry a human, Cleru, and fit into his world as a human wife would.

Rumari was absolutely stunning in her wedding dress; no one took their eyes off her during the entire wedding. Rumari was wearing glass slippers, something new. It made me wonder how glass shoes could have such durability, but I guess the skill of a Craftlord is needed for that. Though he is now only a Craftknight, Tyram honored the name of the Craftlord of Crystal when he made those slippers for Rumari.

She had a necklace with a pendant that she always wears, something old; a bracelet that I heard Rumari borrowed from Amariss, something borrowed; and Sapphire earrings, something blue.

The wedding was spectacular, taking place in a nice sunny day. The sea was calm as if to honor the wedding day of Tyram the Calm and his beloved Majestic Lancer Rumari. Everyone celebrated, everyone was happy, it was all pure bliss.

After the 'I do's were said and the happy couple had their first dance, I disappeared among the crowds and considered leaving for a while. Everyone was dancing with their respective dates and I had come by myself. In a way I feel a little abandoned because I can't hang out with my friends, but I should remember that they're not here to baby-sit me. They have their dates, they deserve to spend some couple time together and enjoy dancing. I don't even know how to dance.

I think Chaves almost asked me to dance, possibly because I was one of the few girls who didn't have a dancing partner. I'm sure I heard him say my name as I made my escape among the crowds and took refuge in the girl's bathroom at Central Tower, at least I know he can't follow me in here. I will remain here for a while; it's too risky to go out right now. I'll join everyone for cake later, but I'm going to hide out until the dancing stops.

Women occasionally come in and out checking their hair and make-up in the mirror. I pretend I'm doing the same, gently brushing my hands over my hair, afraid to get it out of place while I pretend to fix it. I'm not very good with hair. When the women leave, I stop pretending and simply stand there.

I have nothing against Chaves really, but I don't like him either and I don't know how to dance so I really don't want to look ridiculous. I don't know how to decline without sounding mean, when even Amariss has agreed to dance with Bron.

I wish I knew how to dance so I could dance with Master Sakuro or Master Ureksa. I've never cared about girly things like dancing, but today even Razzy is doing it, even if she keeps tripping on her dress, but she has Kenon there to catch her.

Master Sakuro... Master Ureksa... I'll never forget how handsome they look in tuxedos. It's really too bad that I'm certain it's impossible for me to dance with them. Not only because I can't dance, but also because I'm sure there's a long line of girls waiting to dance with them.

Chapter 30: Hiding

For once I actually look pretty. Of course, everyone looks extra nice today so I'm still average in comparison and I look nowhere near as amazing as some of the other girls. But for once I can say I look pretty. That's why I can't cry and ruin it.

Furthermore it's going to be obvious I wasn't overcome by emotions or moved, because by now my friends know me well enough to realize I'm not the kind of girl to shed tears of happiness. I cry only when I'm sad, frustrated or at a dangerously high level of anger, and this is not supposed to be an occasion to be sad.

What's wrong with me? Back when I had nothing, and built an imaginary wall around myself, what I have now would have been paradise. Am I such an ingrate to want more? I appreciate what I have, but I've never longed for more as much as I do this very moment. Because in the past I was happy just having a platonic crush, but now I wish more than ever that someone would have a real crush on me, and I know that's not happening, or at least not from either of the men I like.

I take deep even breaths and wonder if anyone has noticed I'm missing. Women come and go, look in the mirror, re-apply make-up, fix their hair, and then they leave. I do not know them so they don't talk to me. They assume I had just arrived to check on my hair and make-up, and that soon I'll be gone, back to the party.

I am bored, very bored. Hiding out in the women's bathroom is one of the most boring experiences I've had. I sigh and decide that it's about time to come out. I'll walk around and see if I can catch a glimpse of Master Sakuro or Master Ureksa from afar. They're both especially handsome today and it would be a pity to miss the opportunity of indulging in the most delicious eye candy, even if it's only from afar.

Since I know it's going to be impossible to dance with them, not only because I don't know how, but I don't think they'll ask and I don't have the guts to battle an army of fan girls and ask myself; then it shouldn't matter if someone else asks me to dance. It doesn't matter if I don't want to sound mean and get pushed into it, because I can't lose the opportunity I never had.

With a fake smile on my face, obviously forced, I face the public bathroom's door and take the first step towards it. But before I can even reach for the door knob, the door is opened and suddenly between the lined, sinks and mirrors and the stalls, this place becomes very crowded.

"Rumari!" The bride is here, along with the bride's maids and important lady guests.

"I finally found you." I'm surprised she noticed I was missing but I also feel guilty for thinking that she wouldn't. "Where did you run off to, you couldn't have been here the entire time, right?"

I don't look sick at all, because I'm not, and there's no other reason why I would spend a party in the bathroom. I wanted to go home but it would be too obvious that I'm leaving. "I was just walking around Central Tower," it's only a half lie. I know it can be misinterpreted but truthfully I was walking around Central Tower, though only around the square feet that the women's bathroom occupies.

"Didn't you dance?" It becomes obvious that Rumari came here to change, as she has began taking off her golden tiara and the long, white silk veil attached to it.

"I don't know how to dance..." I admit, and I hope that Rumari won't push me into it. I know she has all the good intentions of making sure I don't miss out, but I really don't feel like looking silly. Plus the only ones I want to dance with, even if it means forfeiting my dignity to my clumsiness, I am sure they wouldn't bother dancing with me. Why must I be so insecure again?

"Neither do I," Razzy admits with a laugh.

I suppose that for a long time I played a role I hated, thus I thought little of myself. After that I was still the slightly clumsy tomboy who's only good at making drill engines and not so good at fighting. I suppose that I was, and am, realistically convinced that I'm nothing special, but I wonder if for some man out there, average is enough.

"Did you step on Kenon's feet?" Pratty asks in good humor.

Razzy laughs, as if it were something to be proud of, "I sure did, big sis!"

Pratty laughs along with her and we all join in. "I have only stepped on Varil's feet twice so far."

"Aw, you're so skilled big sis! I've stepped on Kenon's feet five times already," Razzy confesses.

"Fortunately, I haven't stepped on Tyram's feet," Rumari is undoing her elegant hair style and brushing it into something simpler. I wonder what she has in mind for the rest of the party, whatever it is, I wonder why she needs to change.

"It's the same for me!" Sugar proudly declares. "I didn't step on Cleru's feet at all!"

"That's because you're floating," Pratty points out.

All the tension is gone, I guess I was in a bad mood because I was bored, but things are better now that I have someone to talk to. After undoing her fancy hair, Rumari went into one of the stalls and changed out of her dress. Now wearing pants, she stepped out and tied her hair back in front of the mirror, while I helped the other girls deal with the sea of white fabric that Rumari handed them.

"Rumari, what are you planning to do next?" I curiously ask, though I would soon feel as if I should have guessed.

"An exhibition match," Rumari smiles. "Tyram and I already had our first dance as husband and wife, now it's time for our first spar." That's the Majestic Lancer alright.

To be Continued