Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / D. N. Angel Fan Fiction ❯ Memorial Wings ❯ Vampire Moon(Part One) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Memorial Wings
 
It was twilight, the sun had set and earth was once drenched in beautiful ethereal light.
And it was a time when the vampires could finally come out to play, turning the mortal's world to their playground, unafraid of the ones who would kill them. After all, their queen was there, her and her Cardinals.
 
She herself sat upon the balcony of the castle, blood red eyes watching so urgingly as the sun was falling, the sky the most beautiful colors of darkest blue to pale orange, her silk red gown hanging over the railing that she was sitting upon and giving her a ghostly appearance. She was smiling softly, one hand to her chest gently, breathing in the air though she didn't need to. Behind her was her long gossamer black hair, appearing as wings behind her, with only a slight curl to it. She was truly the example of a true vampire.
She sighed though, closing her eyes for a moment, letting her head hang low before hearing a voice speak behind her, dark but with an underlying kindness to it; “I was wondering where you were, my queen; the council are angry over you disappearing.”
She turned her head slightly so her eyes were barely seeable behind a curtain of black; what she was saw was a boy, her appearance age, with short tidy black hair and the most beautiful gray eyes. He wore the garbs of an aristocrat; a rather simple long sleeve white blouse and navy blue pants, a long softer blue overcoat than the pants, the collar down to reveal his pale neck and the telltale two marks on his neck. They were now as pale and faint as his beautiful skin; he wore glasses too though they were just barely inside the visual area of his eyes. She smiled at him, turning more so he could see, “Kyoya, come here.”
Kyoya Ohtori nodded and walked over, stopping beside her; he reached out and picked up a few strands of her hair, running them between his fingers and bringing them to his face, breathing in her scent, “What is it, Your Majesty?”
She looked at him then looked out again into the twilight, “Isn't it beautiful? This is our kingdom, Kyoya, the kingdom of the darkness and twilight that only shows itself again when the orange sun hides itself and our mother moon shines once more. Or sometimes even when Mother is gone too.”
He looked at her, watching as she spoke and when the queen returned her sight at him, he smiled too, “I agree, but it is not our kingdom; it belongs to you and you alone my beautiful angel.”
She blushed then and he just smiled until a third voice spoke, walking onto the balcony; “Must you speak so much like a worthless aristocrat, Kyoya? You will corrupt our princess queen if you continue this, I swear you will.”
Kyoya frowned then turned to look at another boy, this one having long light blue hair tied back in a ponytail with a red ribbon, his eyes a cold ice blue and his clothes like Kyoya's but in silver and gray. He also wore glasses, strangely in the same place as Kyoya's his also lay, but his neck was hidden. He strode over, looking angelic and leaned to take and kiss the queen's right hand. She also smiled upon his, “Satoshi, you needn't be so cruel to Kyoya; I do not wish my two leaders of the Cardinals fighting.”
“Oh I would never fight Satoshi,” Kyoya said with a sneer at the other Cardinal, “He might collapse if he tried to draw his sword.”
Satoshi glared at him and the air became cold. She feared for them so she spoke again, “Satoshi Hikari, Kyoya Ohtori, if you must fight then leave me; I do not wish to take any part in this nor to watch.”
They both looked upon her, “Safeara……..”
Kyoya bowed respectfully, letting her hair fall from between his fingers, “I apologize, Safeara, my queen.”
Satoshi also bowed, though it was half curtsey, “I also apologize, my darling Safeara.”
She sighed though she smiled again, “I guess I can forgive you two boys, now shall we go see the council before they have a heart attack?”
They looked at once another then smiled and nodded, `Lets.”
Safeara, Queen of the Vampires, beloved of her kind and loved most of all of the two young cardinal leaders, jumped down from the railing back onto the balcony and the trio walked back inside, walking down the hallways, she in the lead and the two boys following obediently but closely. The ghosts of that time, the memories of the past, and that would be the last time that they could walk together so friendly, the last days they would be together for a while.