Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Ryuichi Sakuma ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Okay, everyone else is doing one so I thought why the hell not! This is going to be a collection of Kagomecentric oneshots, and kicking it off will be a Ryuichi Sakuma x Kagome one! The idea for this one is loosely based on a true story of how my friend met her husband, only he's not famous! The incidents mentioned; i.e men coming in with panties on their heads, is stuff that has actually happened to me while working at my job.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Gravitation belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Maki Murakami respectively.
 
Summary: Kagome is a night clerk at Rose Hotel Yokohama where she meets the object of her desires since her late teenage years, Ryuichi Sakuma. After turning him down continuously because of the fact that he asks her out when he's not exactly sober, she makes him come to a compromise; if he asks her out sober, she'll date him.
 
Intoxicated proposal.
 
Kagome placed turned the stereo up a little as she printed out the daily revenue report. She had been a night clerk at Rose Hotel Yokohama for the past two years and knew her job better than most people gave her credit for. She could print off the entire night audit in under an hour, leaving the remaining seven open for suggestion. Being related to the boss by marriage had its advantages, like how she was able to listen to her beloved music while working. Mainly Nittle Grasper pounded through the halls. Like many others, Kagome had been a fan of the band since she was a teenager and could sing lyrics to any song on command. She watched idly as the computer screen flicked back to its night shift page and scrolled down to the next part of her paperwork; the dreaded active room and service account report. It took a good twenty minutes for all of this to print, so Kagome used this time to count and drop her cash into the safe.
 
She sighed and turned the stereo up a few more knocks as her favourite song came on. “This is not what I pictured myself doing at thirty.” She mumbled before singing along.
 
Tooku de me o hikarasete mezameru monotachi matte iru
 
Yoru no jouheki sasowarete utsurisumu mure no nukegara ni
 
(Deguchi no nai) shougeki ni taeru tsumori nara (kuzureru hodo) itsuwari o misete
 
Umarekawareru anata yo hitori hohoemanaide hitomi o irodoru nozonda sekai ga totsuzen hai ni natte mo kiseki ni mada meguriaeru
 
(Sotto dakishimete kowasu you ni)
 
Muku na mama de sarasarete hanabira o chirasu hana no you ni migaku houseki
 
Te no naka no HIBI ni sae kizukihajimeteru
 
(Tsumetai te ga) nukeochita toge o hirou kara
 
Kagome bobbed her head and dumped her now counted cash into the safe before going back over to her computer to see if the night shift screen was back up yet. Sighing in relief, she printed out the last of her paperwork before turning back to her check in list to add them all as late.
 
(Madoromu hi ga) kusuburitsuzukeru
 
Ima mo todokanu hikari no yukue azayaka ni mau omoi o egakou michibiku kotoba ga koborete
 
Shimawanu you ni utsuru toki o osorenaide
 
(Deguchi mo naku)
 
(Kuzureochiru)
 
Umarekawari no anata yo hitori hohoemanaide hitomi o irodoru nozonda sekai ga totsuzen hai ni natte mo
 
Kiseki wa mada megurikuru
 
Todokanu hikari no yukue azayaka ni mau omoi o egakou michibiku kotoba ga koborete shimawanu you ni
 
Utsuru toki o osorenaide
 
(Sotto dakishimete zutto tsukamaete motto kokoro made kowasu you ni)
 
Turning the stereo back down, Kagome stapled all her paperwork to the paperwork from throughout the day and placed it in the box in time for a few men that where staying there to walk in, drunk and…was one of them wearing panties on their head? Biting back a laugh, she looked at then with a grin as they walked over to her. “What can I do for you boys tonight?”
 
Panty boy smiled at her drunkenly. “Hey Kagome, could you set us all wake up calls for seven tomorrow morning?”
 
“Sure thing panty boy.” Kagome snickered. “Why are you wearing those any way? Was it that good of a night?”
 
The guy standing next to him laughed. “Oh yeah, the owner of the bar gave him those panties as a thank you for getting up on a table and dancing with the staff. The waitresses even signed them!” (A/n: true story, my old man has the panties hanging in the truck to prove it)
 
Kagome nodded and stared to place the wake up calls on the rooms. “Glad you had a good night guys!”
 
“Yeah, see you in the morning Kagome.” The chorused and left for their respective rooms.
 
Kagome settled back at the counter and pulled up the Internet on her computer. She went to her favourite game site and began to play a variation of hangman, involving a pig that hung if you didn't get the correct answer. This amused the thirty-year-old for about an hour before she got bored and moved onto bejeweled.
 
XOX
 
“Shikai wo nukedashita panorama no dimension. Kanpeki na gitai wa tada furueru. Cheap na shokushu wa mitsu wo motomeru reaction. Tsumetakutemo hiwai na kimi ga mitai. Nanairo ni moteasobu waki-da-shita kairaku no umi.” Kagome was singing along to Shining Collection while flipping through a magazine. It was two thirty and the woman was trying to think of something to pass the time with. Realizing that her stomach was growling, she pulled an apple from her bag and began to eat it, all the while flipping through her magazine. She never noticed the three people approach the desk until one of them spoke in a soft voice.
 
“Excuse me?”
 
Kagome looked up, mouth full of apple, and almost choked. She swallowed the lump, wincing as it harshly slid down her throat, and turned her music down. Taking a moment to stare mutely at the people at her desk she shook her head. “This is a stress related hallucination, Nittle Grasper is not standing in front of me.”
 
The platinum haired man chuckled. “I can assure you that this is no hallucination. We need two rooms for about a month, do you have any?”
 
Kagome nodded dumbly and began her hands began to flicker across the keyboard, albeit shakily. She pulled two registration cards from the pile in front of her and placed them on the desk along with two pens. “I need you to fill these out please.”
 
“There's no need to be so shaky hun, we don't bite.” Noriko said with a smile.
 
Kagome blushed. “Sorry Ukai-san, it's not every day that ones favourite band comes strolling in. I usually deal with drunken business men declaring their love for me.”
 
Noriko giggled. “You'll have to share some stories with me tomorrow night.”
 
Kagome shook her head, if this was just a hallucination, the least she could do is run with it. “I could, but I usually save my horror stories for when I'm training new night shifters. Sometimes I wonder if I scare them too much because half of them don't come back!”
 
“Can you turn it up please lady? Me and Kuma-chan like this song!” Ryuichi said after signing his name at the bottom.
 
Kagome blushed and nodded. “Of course Sakuma-san.” She said and turned to the stereo. She turned the volume up a little and walked back over to them. “Okay, I just need a credit card you're all set!”
 
Tohma handed her over his visa with a smile. “How long have you been working here Miss…?”
 
“Kagome.” She supplied. “About two years now. My brother in law is the owner and he got me the job.”
 
Tohma nodded. “Do you like it here?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “It's okay I guess. Not exactly what I pictured myself doing at thirty, but it pays the bills.”
 
“What did you want to do then?” He said, taking back his credit card.
 
Kagome gave him a small smile. “I wanted to be an elementary school teacher, but after my mother died, that idea fell through.”
 
“I'm so sorry about your mother.” Noriko said as she joined them both. Ryuichi was still singing along to `Bird'.
 
Kagome shrugged again. “I got over it eventually. My brother is what's important now. Okay let me get you checked in and I'll give you your room keys.” She sat back down at the computer and typed away. After about three minutes, she walked over to where they keys where. And took three from their corresponding slots. “Okay, Seguchi-san and Sakuma-san you'll be in room 205, and Ukai-san you'll be in room 209. Have a good night!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome sighed and slung her bag down on the counter. “Hey Sango, how was your day?”
 
Sango was Kagome's co-worker and the one she was taking over for. “Alright. You have a couple of late check ins and that but nothing out of the ordinary. Oh yeah, Keiko was really excited this afternoon when I came it.”
 
Kagome nodded while counting the cash. “About what?”
 
Sango shrugged. “Apparently, Nittle Grasper is staying here. I told her that it was probably just some guys using their names as an alias so their wives don't find them.”
 
Kagome stopped counting and looked at Sango. “I thought it was just a stress related hallucination.”
 
Sango's jaw hit the floor and she stared openly at her friend. “Oh my god, please tell me you're shitting me.”
 
“I shit you not dearest, I was standing here talking to Tohma Seguchi like it was a regular occurrence. I thought if it was just a hallucination, then I should just roll with it. If it happens again tonight, then I'll know its real and not just something my NG obsessed self came up with to pass the time.” Kagome explained. “Okay, you're good to go.”
 
Sango grabbed her bag. “Excellent, I have a date tonight with that guy from my book club.”
 
“Is he taking you to the library?” Kagome jested.
 
“Har har Kagome.” Sango said dryly. “He's taking me to a movie and then dinner. I'll stop by later to tell you how it went.”
 
“You'd better Sango.” Kagome said as she started to plough into her work.
 
It was one am and poor Stan had been hung for the fifteenth time that night. It was then that Kagome realized that she sucked at trivia. Looking at the clock, Kagome decided it was time to go and make the coffee for the morning, and she needed a refill! She walked through the closed restaurant to where the coffee maker was and prepared two pots of coffee to put out at four, and refilled her own mug before walking back to her desk. When she got there, Ryuichi was waiting for her.
 
“Hi Kagome!” He grinned at her.
 
The poor woman almost dropped her coffee. “Hello Sakuma-san, what can I do for you?” She took note of the rosy cheeks he was sporting and summarized that he had a few too many to drink.
 
“I got bored and wanted to see you. How are you no da?” The grin never left his face.
 
Kagome placed her coffee on the desk and blushed slightly. “I'm fine thank you, how are you?”
 
Ryuichi shrugged. “Happy cause Tohma and Noriko took me to a club after the concert tonight and I had lots of yummy drinks!”
 
“I can see that Sakuma-san, you look a little intoxicated.” She said with a smile.
 
Ryuichi cocked his head to the side and stared at her. “You know what? I like you! Let's go out to dinner one night!”
 
Kagome stared at him for a few moments. Ryuichi Sakuma, the man she had lusted after since she was nineteen, just asked her out. As much as she wanted to accept, her better judgement told her not to. He was drunk and would most likely forget about it in the morning. “I'm sorry Sakuma-san, but I must decline. You aren't in the right frame of mind right now.”
 
Ryuichi sighed and his shoulders slumped. “Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow Kagome!”
 
Kagome watched him walk to the elevator. Just as he entered it, so did Sango.
 
Sango followed her friends gaze to the elevator and gasped. “They're really here aren't they?”
 
Kagome nodded mutely. “Ryuichi Sakuma just asked me out to dinner.”
 
“So when are you going?” Sango said.
 
Kagome shook her head. “I'm not.”
 
The older brunette exploded. “What do you mean your not! You've been lusting after him since we were in college!”
 
Kagome shrugged. “He's drunk Sango, I'll doubt he'll remember in the morning.”
 
“Oh Kagome!” Noriko called as she came into the lobby. “I told you I'd come down to hear some of those horror stories!”
 
Kagome's dazed look was replaced by a happy one as she saw Noriko. “Good evening Ukai-san how are you?”
 
“Wonderful! Tohma and I took Ryu-chan to this awesome club after the concert and got him plastered!” Noriko giggled. Her eyes fell on the still pissed Sango. “Well hello happy!”
 
Sango's pissed face turned to Noriko and softened a little. “Hello Ukai-san how are you enjoying your stay here?”
 
Noriko nodded enthusiastically. “It's wonderful thank you. Definitely one of the better hotels I've had to stay at. Is there anywhere I can get a coffee before we chat Kagome? I need to flush some of the alcohol out of my system before I go to bed.”
 
Kagome nodded. “How do you like it Ukai-san?”
 
Noriko waved her hands at the girl. “You can call me Noriko if you want Kagome. I like two sugars and lots of cream please!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome came back from her four days off feeling happy and refreshed. She had just spent her four days visiting her sister Kikyo and her niece Rin. Kagome's brother in law, Miroku, had just com back from Europe after a week long business trip to scope out potential places for more of the Rose Hotel chain to go up. She placed her bag down behind the counter and saw her coworker Keiko clutching a piece of paper like a lifeline to her chest while sporting a far away look. “Hey Keiko how was your afternoon?”
 
Keiko snapped from her daze and grinned at Kagome. “Nittle Grasper are staying here.”
 
Kagome nodded as she started to count the cash. “Yeah I know, I checked them in.”
 
Keiko practically screamed at the poor woman. “And you didn't tell me?!”
 
Kagome shrugged her shoulders. “I thought it was merely a stress related hallucination produced by my overworked, NG obsessed mind to amuse me. Ask Noriko next time you see her.”
 
“You're on a first name basis with her?” Keiko yelled.
 
Kagome nodded. “Yep. Now, you're all set, now go home before Inuyasha pitches a fit and starts calling me and demanding to know where you are.”
 
It was about two hours later and Kagome was leaning back on her chair, feet on her desk with her eyes closed as she sang along to her music. A small scuffle on the desk made her open her eyes and she came face to face with a stuffed pink bunny. She smiled softly at it. “Hello Sakuma-san, what can I do for you tonight?”
 
“It's not Sakuma-san, it's Kumagoro!” The bunny protested.
 
“Forgive me Kumagoro.” Kagome said. “What can I do for you?”
 
“Noriko kicked us out of her room after the pineapple and rum yummy drink was all gone and now we're bored so we came to see you no da!” Kumagoro said.
 
Kagome nodded. “Okay, so what did you want to talk about?”
 
Kumagoro tilted his head to the side. “Why won't you go out with Ryu-chan? He likes you!”
 
“Because Kumagoro, he asks me when he's drunk. If he was to ask me when he was sober, I might say yes.” Kagome explained.
 
Kumagoro nodded. “Okay but I'm going to hold you to that Kagome, cause Ryu-chan really likes you. See you in the morning!” Kumagoro left the lobby and Kagome allowed herself a small giggle.
 
XOX
 
Keiko walked in at six thirty the next morning with a loud yawn. “Morning Kagome.”
 
“Morning Keiko. How was your night?” Kagome replied.
 
“Alright.” Keiko yawned again and started to count the cash. “I hate doing this shift. Why did Yuka have to take her vacation now, right when we're short staffed.”
 
“Because it's inconvenient, why else?” Kagome grinned.
 
Keiko was about to respond to her, when she stopped to stare across the lobby. “It's him.” She whispered.
 
“Who?” Kagome said and turned her head in the direction hr friend was looking. She saw Ryuichi approaching the desk. “Good morning Sakuma-san, how are you today?”
 
“Good thank you Kagome.” Ryuichi replied. “Kuma-chan told me that if I asked you out when I hadn't drank any of Noriko's yummy stuff then you would say yes, so here I am no da!”
 
Keiko promptly passed out and Kagome blushed so hard she was sure her hair was as red as her face. “Um I-um…” She stuttered.
 
Ryuichi smiled. “Meet me here at seven tonight okay and we'll I'll take you somewhere nice. Okay? Great see you at seven!”
 
Kagome was still stammering when Keiko woke up several minutes later.
 
“Ow my head.” Keiko said as she rubbed the abused appendage. She took one look at the furiously blushing and still stuttering Kagome and came to the conclusion that it was real. “I'll call Miroku and get him to cover for you tonight, I highly suggest that you go home and get some sleep before your date tonight.”
 
XOX
 
At six thirty that evening, Kagome walked into the lobby of Rose Hotel, anxious. She was dressed casually in a pair of black jeans and a sparkly blue top. She walked over to Sango and smiled weakly. “So, how do I look?”
 
“Kagome you look gorgeous!” Sango cooed.
 
Noriko bounced into the hall, dragging Tohma along behind her by the arm. “Kagome you look lovely! Doesn't she Tohma?”
 
Tohma nodded. “Yes you do look wonderful Kagome. I must say that Ryuichi has been insufferable all day, he's very excited.”
 
Kagome blushed. “Sorry about that.”
 
Noriko waved her hands at the woman. “Keiko told me that a man is covering for you tonight. Is he single?”
 
“Sorry, but no. he's married to my sister.” Kagome replied.
 
Noriko sighed dramatically. “All of the good ones are always taken.”
 
“Or gay.” Sango supplied.
 
“So true.” Noriko said. “What time are you off tonight Sango?”
 
“Ten, why do you ask?” Sango replied.
 
“well, I was thinking that we could go on a man hunt!” Noriko said excitedly.
 
Sango grinned happily. “We could do that! I would have to call ym brother and let him know that I wont be home until late.”
 
“A man hunt it is!” Noriko said, clapping her hands together. “You don't mind to you Tohma?”
 
Tohma shook his head. “Of course not, I was planning on calling Mika tonight anyway.” He looked over to Kagome and saw her fidgiting while chewing on her bottom lip and glancing at the click nervously. “I take it that you are nervous because you are a fan?”
 
Kagome was about to answer when Sango did it for her. “Borderline obsession is more like it. You should have seen her side of our college dorm room, I couldn't breath through all of the NG stuff.”
 
Kagome shot her friend a dark look. “Sango, shut up.”
 
Ryuichi walked through the lobby and toward Kagome before an argument could break between the friends. He too had chosen to dress casually, in a pair of jeans and a black tee shirt. “Kagome you look very pretty!”
 
Kagome blushed and smiled. “You look wonderful too Sakuma-san.”
 
Ryuichi shook his head. “We are going on a date Kagome, you can call me Ryuichi. Are you ready to go? Great bye, bye everyone!”
 
XOX
 
Ryuichi and Kagome were giggling as they approached her house. It was two in the morning and they had done everything that the Yokohama nightlife had to offer, starting with dinner, then a movie and he even too her dancing. After spending the evening with Kagome, Ryuichi decided that he really liked her. They were talking about their families and it really amazed him to learn that the only reason she was working the job she was, was to put her younger brother through art school when what she really wanted to do was continue her own studies. The stopped in front of Kagome's house and she smiled at him. “Thank you for a wonderful evening Ryuichi. I had so much fun.”
 
Ryuichi nodded and grinned at her. “I did too. Would it be too much of me to ask you for another date?”
 
Kagome shook her head, blushing. “I would love to go out with you again.”
 
He nodded and bent down to place a sweet kiss on her cheek before walking away. “I'll see you tomorrow Kagome.”
 
Owari x
 
I would like to thank Kurama'sFoxyMiko for all of her help with this collection. For your constant ideas, for helping me get mine in order and for keeping me extremely entertained while I write, thank you dearest!
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx