Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Hisoka Kurosaki ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
The credit for the general idea goes to my boyfriend.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Descendants of Darkness belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Yoko Matsuhita respectively.
 
Summary: Tsuzuki goes on vacation, leaving Hisoka to his own devices. Two days after he left a huge amount of demon slayings takes place across Tokyo and the Order of Hades gives Hisoka a new partner for the case, Kagome.
 
 
Pairing: Hisoka Kurosaki x Kagome Higurashi
 
Office Romance
 
“Hisoka for this case you'll be getting a new partner.”
 
These words echoed through Hisoka Kurosaki's head as he waited in the snow for his new partnered to show up. He blamed Tsuzuki for taking a vacation and leaving him only two days before a large amount of demon slayings across Tokyo began. Normally, the Order of Hades wouldn't bother with demons, but seeing as it was happening in populated areas, they had no choice but to investigate. Hisoka eyes every man that came near him in hopes of spotting his new partner before his partner spotted him. He hated the idea of being pared with someone that couldn't sense him. Like he needed another ass to save. His sixteen year old eyes strayed from scoping out potential partners to a brown eyed beauty that was walking his way. She was dressed in a beige jacket with faux fur trim and jeans, the biting November wind had coloured her cheeks a rosy red and if it weren't for the fact that he was dead, he would have approached her. That was, if she hadn't approached him first.
 
“Hisoka Kurosaki?” She said, her voice making the blood rush through his veins at an alarming rate.
 
Hisoka nodded dumbly, his talk left incomplete as he stared openly at her.
 
The girl smiled and sighed in relief. “Thank goodness! I must have asked several men before finding you. Gushoshin wasn't very specific when he told me about you. He just said that you have blond hair and green eyes.”
 
“Ano, who are you exactly?” Hisoka said finally.
 
The girl let out a small gasp and offered her gloved hand. “Excuse my manners, my name is Kagome Higurashi, I'm your new partner.”
 
XOX
 
It was a week into the case and Hisoka had never been so infatuated with anyone in his life. Little things like how she brushed her teeth when she first woke up and again after breakfast he found endearing, to big things like how she only slept on her left side with her hands up by her face, linked by her left pinky and right forefinger he found utterly adorable. The pair were now holding hands over the breakfast table, gaining sweet looks from the other patrons. The Boss had decided that for this case, they needed to go incognito, so they were registered to one room in the hotel under `Mr. and Mrs. Kurosaki, seventeen year old newlyweds on their honeymoon. Hisoka made a mental note to send the Boss a very large chocolate ice cream cake for setting this up, and one to Tsuzuki for going on vacation. He looked at the angel he was sharing a table with. “Would it be too much of me to ask how you died?”
 
Kagome cocked her head to the side and swallowed the muffin she was eating. “Hisoka, I'm not dead.”
 
Okay, this shocked the otherwise unflappable boy. “Then how are you a guardian of death?”
 
Kagome used her free hand to wipe her lips on a napkin. “Technically, I am not a guardian of death. Boss Man calls me in to deal with `special' cases like this one. I am a miko Hisoka, I specialize in purifying demons.”
 
Hisoka nodded in understanding. “That makes sense.”
 
Kagome placed her napkin on the table and got up. “Please excuse me darling, but I must freshen up.” She placed a kiss on his cheek before walking to the washroom.
 
The old man sitting at the table next to them smiled at Hisoka. “You are one lucky kid, she reminds me of my wife at her age. Don't ever let her go.”
 
“I don't plan on it.” Hisoka replied.
 
Kagome returned and was all smiles. “Honey, would you mind if I spent some time with my cousin this afternoon?” She said with hidden meaning.
 
Hisoka shook his head. “Of course not my love. I was hoping to visit some local sights this afternoon anyway.” Also said with hidden meaning.
 
“Wonderful! I'll call him when we get back to the room.” She beamed.
 
If he had lacked the proper composure, Hisoka would have choked on the tea he had just sipped. Instead he gave a muttered “Wonderful.” Through gritted teeth.
 
XOX
 
Kagome pilled her knee high black socks on and smiled at her partner. “Is something the matter Hisoka?”
 
The blond haired teen scowled. “Who is this guy you're going to meet? I hardly believe he's your cousin.”
 
Kagome shook her head at the telltale sign of jealously that leaked into his voice. “You would be correct in saying that, he is more like a big brother to me than anything. He is one of my best friends and one of the few demonic connections that I still have.”
 
“Is that supposed to be reassuring?” He said sarcastically. “Because now I feel tremendously better knowing that you're taking off to see a demon.”
 
She laced up her runners and stood up, brushing any wrinkles from her denim mini skirt. “Please try not to worry Hisoka, he's taking me to a demonic bar to scope out potential suspects. I assure you that I'm completely safe in his hands.” She grabbed her room key and walked over to the door. “If I run into any trouble, then I promise to call you okay.”
 
Hisoka nodded gravely. “Fine, but please be careful okay? We don't know who is slaying all this demons yet.”
 
“I know that you're worried but like I said, I'm in safe hands. He has quite a reputation in the demon world as being a formidable foe. No one messes with him. Ja!” she said and walked out
 
The elder Gushoshin (sp?) twin chose that time to pop up. “Hey kid hows it going with Kagome? Any leads yet?”
 
Hisoka shook his head. “Not yet, but she's headed to meet one of her connections now and he's taking her to a demonic bar to try and scope any out.”
 
Gushoshin cocked his head to the side in contemplation before grinning like a loon. “You like her don't you?”
 
“Of course I do, she's my partner.” Hisoka replied with a small blush.
 
“No I mean you like her, like her.” Gushoshin gushed. “Awww, the kid has a crush! I can't wait to tell the others.”
 
Hisoka's eyes widened. “Do it and you'll find yourself stuffed and mounted on my wall!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome waited in the designated spot for her companion to arrive, excitedly bouncing from foot to foot. It had been a few months since she had seen him and she and was pretty excited. Sje spotted his long black hair and practically leapt on him. “Koga!”
 
Koga grinned wolfishly at Kagome and made haste to her. He scooped her up in a hug and grinned. “How have you been Kagome? And is that a male I smell on you?”
 
Kagome blushed and smacked the wolf demon on the arm. “He's my partner for this case, nothing more. Now, we need to get going because Hisoka and I have a date tonight.”
 
“So his name's Hisoka huh? How old is he” How long has he been working for the Order?” Koga questioned.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Come on wolf boy, I'll tell you when we get there.
 
Kagome followed Koga to the demonic bar that he owned, the aptly named `Den'. It was pretty popular with demons and a few humans too. He ushered her to a table near the back of the room, mainly to speak privately and because he knew that Kagome would hate the looks and questioning glances that would follow her. Once she was seated, he stared to ask questions. “We're here now, so how old is this Hisoka guy?”
 
“He's sixteen.” Kagome replied. “And no, he's nothing like Miroku.”
 
Koga nodded his head in approval. Every time Kagome even thought about going on a date with someone, he had to check them out and make sure that they weren't only interested in her because she was beautiful. Koga like the other wolves in his pack, were fiercely protective of Kagome as she was deemed `theirs'. “Who is his regular partner? Do we know them?”
 
Kagome nodded and took a sip of the juice that was brought to her. “Remember Tsuzuki? I was partnered with him last year for that vampire demon case. Anyway, he's Hisoka's regular partner but he went on vacation to Osaka.”
 
“The Glico factory right?” He replied.
 
“What else?” She said smoothly. “That man has a bigger sweet tooth than Sota and that kid survives on sugar."
 
Koga lowered his voice considerably. “Any ideas on who yet?”
 
Kagome shook her head. “Not yet, but I'm getting bad vibes from your new bartender. What happened to Yumi, did he quit?”
 
“No he took paternity leave, his wife just had their first kid.” Koga explained. “Cute kid, got his mothers eyes and Yumi's green hair.”
 
“I'm happy for him.” Kagome said with a smiled. “How are the guys doing? They haven't been by the shrine lately.”
 
Koga shrugged. “Alright I guess, Hakaku is still getting glue out of his fur from when he last stopped by. Your grandfather really knows how to stick them doesn't he?”
 
“Yeah, he got Inuyasha quite a few times with them too. I don't know why, but he always seems to get Hakaku and never Ginta.” Kagome giggled. She looked toward the door and saw her two friends coming in. “Speak of the devils.”
 
Ginta and Hakaku, two of Koga's pack mates and his best friends, came rushing over to the table where Kagome and Koga were seated. Hakaku smiled brightly at Kagome. “Sister how are you?”
 
“Fine thank you Hakaku, how are you?” She replied.
 
“Wonderful thank you! Sorry I haven't been by the shrine lately, business is picking up at last and I've been run off my feet.” He grinned.
 
Ginta snorted. “You're just scared that her grandfather will plaster you with those sticky papers again.”
 
Hakaku scowled at his brother. “You'd be terrified too if he came after you with sticky papers, screaming `demon begone' and getting glue in your tail. That stuff is a bitch to get out.”
 
Koga whapped his friend on the head. “Don't use foul language in front of Kagome, she's a lady.”
 
“It's fine Koga, really.” Kagome said as she turned her attention to the brothers. “Have either of you heard anything about the demon slayings lately?”
 
Hakaku shook his head, but Ginta nodded. “I heard from one of the neko I know that some creepy doctor is gathering souls to try and resurrect Naraku.”
 
Kagome paled considerably and Koga took her hand. “It's just a rumor Kagome, that's not going to happen. Come on, I'll take you back to the hotel.”
 
Kagome nodded her hanks and got up. “It was nice to see you guys, please try and stop by the shrine soon okay?”
 
XOX
 
It was a little after five and Hisoka was going crazy. Kagome had been gone for three hours and hadn't called to let him know if she was safe. Maybe the guy she was meeting wasn't really a friend, but her lover and she was using the friend cover as an excuse to get away from him and meet her lover in secrecy. Or what if she had gotten kidnapped as soon as she left the hotel? What could her kidnapper want with her? Hisoka rubbed his temples, feeling a headache coming on. He looked out the window and saw a motorbike pull up. The driver took off his helmet and dismounted before offering a hand to his passenger. The girl on the back got off and removed her helmet, giving Hisoka a nice shock when he saw his `wife' give the driver a kiss on the cheek before walking toward the front door of the hotel with a grin on her face.
 
Poor Kagome. She was going to get completely chewed out and she didn't even know it.
 
As soon as she walked in the door, she saw a very angry Hisoka waiting for her. “Hey Hisoka, how was your afternoon.”
 
His left eye twitched a couple of times before he got up and walked calmly over to her. “My afternoon was spent pacing this room, worrying about you! What were you thinking going out for three hours with a demon without even calling to let me know that you were alright!? Anything could have happened to you and I would have been none the wiser!”
 
Kagome stared at him cutely for a moment before her face fell into a smirk. “I'll make sure that I call you next time mother. Oh and by the way, I might have a lead.”
 
Hisoka's mouth snapped shut before opening again. “Who?”
 
Kagome shrugged her shoulders as she took off her shoes. “Ginta told me about some rumors that were flying about some creepy doctor collecting demonic souls to try and resurrect an old enemy of mine.”
 
The blond teen paled and whispered something almost inaudibly. “Muraki.”
 
“Who?” Kagome asked.
 
“Doctor Muraki was the man who killed me.” Hisoka said quietly. “But I thought that the Serpents Flame got him?”
 
Seeing the obvious distress of her partner, Kagome walked over to him, wrapped her arms around his neck and rested her head on his chest. She knew that this could calm him. “It's only a rumor Hisoka, chances are that it isn't even true.”
 
I guess you're right.” He said with a sigh. He stole a glance at the clock and smiled weakly at his beautiful partner. “Come on, I promised you a night out.”
 
XOX
 
“Chief I want you to take Kagome off this case.” Hisoka was currently sitting in Chief Konoe's office trying his best to get Kagome out of danger. The investigation had been going on for the past three weeks and he knew that Tsuzuki would be back any day now.
 
Konoe shook his head. “Sorry Hisoka, but you need her more than you're willing to admit.”
 
Hisoka slammed his hands down onto his boss's desk in anger. “This is not about me needing her, this is about getting her out of harms way! Muraki is our prime suspect at the moment and I don't want her to get hurt because of him!”
 
Konoe crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Hisoka. “Why are you pushing this so badly Kurosaki? Kagome is capable of handling herself.”
 
“BECAUSE I LOVE HER DAMMIT!” Hisoka yelled.
 
The Chief smirked and looked a little behind Hisoka. “Then maybe you should tell her that.”
 
Hisoka's face flushed scarlet and he turned slowly. Kagome was standing in the doorway her hand to her mouth and her eyes wide. Hisoka's heart sank.
 
Kagome slowly walked over to him and she threw herself into his arms. “Oh Hisoka, why didn't you tell me sooner?”
 
“I couldn't. You're my partner and it would be hard to work with you if you didn't feel the same for me.” He replied and brushed his hand over her cheek.
 
Kagome giggled a little and looked up at the blond. “How could I not love you Hisoka? In three weeks you've shown me what it is to be loved.”
 
Bringing his face closer to hers, he whispered to her. “Would you hate me I said that I want to spend forever in your arms?”
 
Kagome shook her head and he closed the small gap between them.
 
“Hey Chief I'm…Am I missing something?” Tsuzuki chose that exact moment to return from his vacation. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to face Konoe. The Chief placed a finger to his lips and lead Tsuzuki away. “The kids gone through enough in his lifetime, let him have a small slice of happiness.” He whispered to the detective. “If anyone deserves it, it's those two.”
 
Owari x
 
 
Okay, I hope that you all liked this oneshot.
 
 
Much love always
 
 
Squishy xxx