Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Ryusuke Minami ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Watching Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad and this is what come to me.
 
Pairing: Ryusuke Minami x Kagome Higurashi
 
Summary: It was meant to be a simple one night stand, but he couldn't get her out of his head.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad and the song `I must not chase the boys' belong to Rumiko Takahashi, Harold Sakuishi and Play respectively.
 
`Stuck'
 
Light poured into his window and made him wince. He heard a ruffle from behind him a turned to face the person that caused it. A woman stood there, pulling on stripy red and black socks. She pulled her skirt over her hips, followed with her tank top over her head. Raven hair came out of the top as she pulled it together into a ponytail. When she turned to face him, the breath caught in his throat. Blue eyes blinked at him and he vaguely wondered how smashed he had been the night before to not remember coming home with her. She gave him a small smile as she pulled on her boots, lacing the as she went. “I see you are up.”
 
He nodded. “What time is it?”
 
“Almost noon.” She replied as she got up and walked to the door.
 
This made him sit up straighter in bed. “You're leaving?”
 
She opened the door and nodded. “This was fun. See you around Ryusuke.”
 
As the door closed behind her, a single thought run in his head. `Will I ever see her again?'
 
XOX
 
“Are you okay Ryusuke?” Yukio said and looked at the guitarist. “You've been spacing out all day.”
 
Indigo eyes blinked and focused on the brown-eyed boy. “I'm fine, just got a lot on my mind.”
 
Yukio nodded and went back to practicing his chords. It was a month since Ryusuke had seen the girl and he was no closer to finding out who she was. All he could go on is what he remembered from the fateful night before, and that was that he had drunk too much and she was very pretty.
 
Ryusuke sighed. He wasn't getting anything done. “Hey Yukio?”
 
The boy `hmm' ed yet never looked up from his guitar.
 
“Do you fancy going out for something to eat?” Ryusuke asked. “I'll call Maho and tell her to meet us at Eddy's.”
 
“Yeah alright then. We could take a small break.” Yukio replied.
 
Less than an hour later the two were sitting at the bar on open mike night. Maho walked over to their table with a grin on her face. “Hey Ray, Yukio.”
 
“Hey Maho, you certainly seem happy today.” Yukio said as he made room for her at the table.
 
“Oh I am!” Maho gave a small giggle. “One of my best friends is singing tonight.”
 
“Who is it this time?” Ryusuke asked, placing a drink order with the waitress.
 
“Her name is Kagome, she's fantastic!” Maho said enthusiastically.
 
The name sounded familiar to Ryusuke's ears as he struggled to remember.
 
“Hey there gorgeous.”
 
“Hey I'm Kagome.”
 
He shook his head. As quickly as it was there it was gone. He was jolted from his thoughts as Maho jabbed him in the ribs. “She's on.” He went silent as the crowd roared. Apparently the girl was very popular. She stepped onto the stage and Ryusuke was greeted with the face of the woman that had plagued his thoughts for the last month. She was dressed in the same outfit he had last seen her in that morning that she left.
 
The music began to play and she opened her mouth to sing.
 
Won't someone tell me what is happenin' to me?
Why am I so misunderstood?
Why can't they see?
Now I'm caught between the devil and the angel
That I used to be.

They say I'll understand it all in good time.
But age ain't nothin' but a number in my mind.
Goin' crazy with this push me pull me.
Caught between wrong and right.

I wanna give in to the woman in me.
I wanna be someone they don't want me to be.
The moral of the story is I got no choice;
I must not chase the boys.

I started writing down my deepest secrets.
Seven days a week of truth and fantasy.
Got the feelin' that the way my life is.
Got to be prepared for changes.

Won't someone tell me what is happenin' to me?
Why am I so misunderstood?
Why can't they see?
Now I'm caught between the devil and the angel
That I used to be.

I wanna give in to the woman in me.
I wanna be someone they don't want me to be.
The moral of the story is I got no choice;
I must not chase the boys.

I wanna go left but they tell me go right.
Don't wanna be the little girl they kissin' goodnight.
The moral of the story is I got no choice.
I must not chase the boys.

They can try to make me write a thousand lies.
But that won't ever change the way I feel inside.
They've got their opinions but I just don't care.
Cause that's not what I wanna hear.

I, I must, I must not chase the boys.
I, I must, I must not chase the boys.
I must, I must, I must not...chase…the boys.

I wanna give in to the woman in me.
I wanna be someone they don't want me to be.
The moral of the story is I got no choice.
I must not chase the boys.

I wanna go left but they tell me go right.
Don't wanna be the little girl they kissin' goodnight.
the moral of the story is I got no choice.
I must not chase... the boys.
The crowd roared with applause as she took a small bow and walked off the stage. A wide grin spread across her features as she walked toward Maho. Getting to the table, she sat down and hugged Maho for all she was worth. “How was it Maho?”
 
“Kagome you were amazing!” Maho yelled, her eyes sparkling. “Have you heard from that producer yet?”
 
Kagome nodded. “Yeah, he wants to start recording as soon as possible. Can you believe it Maho! I'm gonna be a star!”
 
“Wow, you are a performer too?” Yukio asked.
 
She nodded a proud smile on her face. “I am now! Tonight, we celebrate!” Cocking her head to the side, she assessed him. “I'm Kagome, and you are…?”
 
“Yukio Tanaka.” He said and held his hand out. “You have a wonderful voice Kagome.”
 
“Thank you Yukio.” She said and turned to Ryusuke. “We all know who I am, but I don't know you.”
 
Ryusuke felt somewhat disappointed at this. “I'm Ryusuke, we met about a month ago at Sakuishi nightclub.”
 
Kagome furrowed her eyebrows. “I don't remember you. Was I drunk?”
 
“I think so.” Ryusuke replied. “But you were stone sober when you left my place the following morning.”
 
“Ryusuke you slept with her!” Maho scolded her older brother. “Why is it that you always seem to gravitate to my friends Ray? Honestly!”
 
Kagome gasped and pointed a finger at him. “You're the one with the freaky dog right?”
 
He nodded. “Beck.”
 
“That's it! He's such a cutie!” Kagome gave a small giggle. “Well, are we going to celebrate or not?”
 
XOX
 
Kagome's head pounded the following morning as she woke. With a groan she sat up and began to assess her whereabouts. Okay, this definitely wasn't her apartment and she doubted that it was her roommate Sango's arms pulling her back to bed. She glanced over and Saw Ryusuke waking. “Why is it that every time we meet I end up in your bed?”
 
He smiled at her sleepily. “I'm just that persuasive.”
 
She shook her head. “Let me go Ryusuke, I have to go home.”
 
Ryusuke merely tightened his grip and pulled her back down. She gave a squeak as he pulled her to his chest. “I let you go a month ago and couldn't stop thinking about you. I'm not letting you go again, unless you promise me that you'll come back this time. I want to be with you.”
 
With a sigh, she relented and melted into his arms. “Alright, but you really need to let me up now.”
 
His head hovered over hers. “And give me one good reason why I should?”
 
“Because.” She said with a smirk. “I really have to pee!”
 
Owari x
 
God doesn't this one suck out loud! The next one will be better, I can guarantee it. A friend and I have cooked up something really special and I know for a fact that you'll love it! Confident? Yes, we worked really hard to put it together, and you can't miss it!
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx