Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Shanoon Casull ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Random inspiration strikes and I must heed it's call. This one is set before they get to Taurus.
 
Pairing: Shannon Casull x Kagome Higurashi
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Scrapped Princess belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Sasaki Ichiro respectively.
 
Summary: Shannon, Raquel, Pacifica and Leo run into Chris again, this time while he is fighting an Amber Knight, simply called `Kage'. Leo begs him to take him in as an apprentice so the mysterious knight begins to travel with them. Shannon starts to notice that something is off with the knight and follows him to the river one night, only to discover his secret. `Kage' is actually `Kagome', a loyal female spy for Forsis sent to find out if the rumors about his sister were true. After her identity is revealed, Shannon no longer feels the need to hide his feelings. Things escalate one night…
 
`Down by the river'
 
“Shannon, I'm tired and my butt hurts.” Pacifica complained.
 
Shannon sighed. “Not my problem.”
 
“But it is aching! Can't we find an inn or something tonight?” She asked.
 
Raquel smiled at her sister. “We are about three miles out of Taurus, Pacifica, we can stop there.”
 
“My beloved, would you like to ride with me on my horse?” Leo asked.
 
“No she wouldn't.” Shannon said. “She can stay where she is.”
 
Pacifica sighed and continued to watch the scenery slowly passing by. The road was becoming clearer the closer they got to the town and this only fueled her excitement about having a bed to sleep on. Her happiness was short lived however when they reached the gates and saw the proceeding carts being searched. She ducked back into the cart and began to put on her disguise.
 
“What is going on?” Raquel asked.
 
Leo grinned. “I'll go find out.” He said before taking off to where the royal soldiers were searching.
 
Shannon looked at his sister. “This is not good.”
 
Raquel shook her head. “No it's not. Pacifica, are you almost done?”
 
“Almost.” Pacifica called back.
 
Leo was about to come back and tell them what he had heard when their cart came through the gate. He looked at Pacifica, puzzled, as she stood before the guards in a black wig and the same armor as the rest of her family. Once the cart had been searched he and his trusty steed walked over to them. “I get it now! You are all traveling performers!”
 
“Nothing gets past you does it?” Shannon said sarcastically.
 
XOX
 
A few days later just after Shannon had rescued Winia from Chris, and backtracked so they could pick up Leo (they had left him in Taurus), the group found themselves in a suspiciously quiet forest on a particularly dusty trail.
 
“Do you hear that?” Shannon asked.
 
Raquel shook her head. “I don't hear anything.”
 
“My point exactly.” He replied. “Pacifica get in the back, something is going to happen.”
 
Pacifica nodded and climbed into the back, just before Chris came running from the surrounding trees. What was odd, was how he paid no heed to them, but his eyes scanned everywhere else. “Come out Kage, I know that you've been following me.”
 
Leo gasped in awe as an Amber Knight stepped out from the trees; sword unsheathed and smirked at Chris. “How very observant of you Amaraito.”
 
“Die please.” Chris smiled and charged at Kage with his axe.
 
Kage blocked and shoved Chris back a few feet, who ran at the knight again. The two exchanged blows, blocking and ducking as Shannon, Leo, Raquel and even Pacifica watched in amazement. Kage knocked the axe out of Chris' hands and smirked. “It seems that once again, I have won. You might want to leave before I separate your head from your shoulders.”
 
That was all it took and Chris was gone in a flash. Kage re-sheathed his sword and his eyes landed on the group. “I am sorry you had to witness that.”
 
Leo bounded up to him, admiration shining in his eyes. “You're an Amber Night!”
 
“Nothing gets past you does it?” Kage replied.
 
Shannon snickered. He could easily see himself liking this guy!
 
“No, one day I'm going to be one too!” Leo said obliviously.
 
Kage's face gained a look of sheer horror. “I pity your superior. May god have mercy on his soul.”
 
Leo continued on. “Listen I would like it very much if you would make me your apprentice.
 
“I would rather eat my own head.” Kage replied before turning to walk away. “Good day.”
 
“I'll pay you!” Leo shouted.
 
Stopping, Kage looked over his shoulder. “How much?”
 
“However much I can earn when I get a job.” Leo said. “I just need to get a job.”
 
“Tell me, why do you wish to become one of the elite?” Kage asked.
 
“I wish to be able to protect my beloved Pacifica from the hardships of our time.” Leo replied galivantly.
 
Sighing, Kage shrugged. “Yeah alright then. Let me get my steed.”
 
XOX
 
Leo and Kage rode either side of the cart containing the `precious cargo' (“Rule number one Leo, any non warrior female that you escort gains the title precious cargo.”) as Raquel observed the scenery and Shannon did nothing other than guide the horses. They had been going for about three hours and Kage noticed Leo's discomfort. “Rule number two Leo, a knight never shows his pain. You must observe a stoic disposition all the time.”
 
Leo winced as he shifted. “Yes sir. But how do I maintain such a disposition?”
 
“Just watch Shannon for a little while. You notice that he doesn't smile, nor does he frown. This is the perfect disposition.” Kage explained. “Now I want you to focus on anything but the searing pain in your ass.”
 
Laughter could be heard from the back of the cart and Raquel joined in with it. “You are very funny for a knight Kage.”
 
“Thank you milady. It helps when you are out on recovery missions and life looks pretty grim.” Kagome smiled, making Raquel blush.
 
Shannon snorted. “Knights aren't supposed to be funny.”
 
“And my example is supposed to be stoic. Now shut up like a good little bastard and go back to looking cold hearted, Leo's training depends on it.” Kage shot back.
 
Leo smiled slightly, but quickly straightened his face as Kage told him to stop.
 
XOX
 
They had been travelling together for the last few weeks and Shannon had spent this time observing and desiring (not that he would admit it) the knight. He noticed a few things that were off about him, like how he steered clear of any questions involving his family, and only bathed alone. It was peculiar behavior seeing as he and Leo bathed together as they were male and Raquel and Pacifica did the same because they were female. Shannon believed in safety in numbers. Run-ins with Chris had been few and far between, and strangely, his attention was always on Kage. It was the last encounter that had Shannon's head spinning.
 
XOX Flashback XOX
 
Chris charged at Kage with an eerie smile on his face. “You can't keep it from your companions forever Kage.”
 
Kage pushed back. “You should know when to keep your mouth shut Christopher.”
 
Chris took a swing that sent Kage reeling back to avoid it. “I know your secret.”
 
Kage knocked Chris' legs out from under him. “You know nothing.”
 
XOX End XOX
 
What secret was Kage keeping from them all? What was so bad that it had given Kage's face that somewhat feral appearance as he fought? Shannon shook his head as he spotted Kage depart for the river. Smiling to himself, he followed close behind. He stayed in the shadows and out of sight as Kage reached the riverbank and began to strip. His eyes widened as the final layer of clothing fell to the ground. He blushed and looked away; he now knew the knight's secret. Shannon headed back to the makeshift camp that they had made for the night and sat down, deep in thought. If he had not seen it with his own two eyes he would have never believed it.
 
The amber knight was actually a girl.
 
Shannon waited until the knight had dressed before stepping out of the trees. “So, you are a female.”
 
Kage looked at him with a gasp. She took a step back and placed her hand on the hilt of her sword. “How much do you know?”
 
“I know that you are a girl, but I don't know why. Who sent you?” Shannon said, also reaching for his sword.
 
Kage sighed. “I was sent by Prince Forsis to see is the rumors about his sister were true. If they were and I found her, I was to send word and guard her with my life until real guards could come and take her back to the castle for protection until their sixteenth birthday.”
 
Shannon nodded. “One last question.”
 
“Okay.” She replied, hand still on the hilt of her sword.
 
“Are you going to take Pacifica away from us?” He asked.
 
Kage shook her head. “I can see that she is well protected with you and your sister. Not to mention that bumbling knight wannabe. I will send word to Prince Forsis on the morrow and tell him what I have found.”
 
“Alright. Will you let the others know of your identity?” Shannon asked as the two began to walk back to camp.
 
“It would be best if I didn't.” Kage replied.
 
Shannon grabbed her arm. “You will have to let them know eventually you know, this is not something that can be kept secret forever.”
 
Kage rolled her eyes as she took her arm from his grasp. “It will be a secret for as long as I deem it worthy Shannon. I will tell the others when the time comes.”
 
“I will make you a proposition Kage, I won't tell the others if you grant me one favour.” He said with a smirk.
 
She eyes him wearily. “And what might this request be?”
 
“I wish for a kiss.” Shannon replied.
 
Kage nodded. “Alright.” She reached up and placed a chaste kiss on his lips, making the fighter blush slightly.
 
“Can I have another?” He blurted out.
 
“On one condition.” Kage replied.
 
He quirked an eyebrow at her. “And what is that?”
 
“All I ask is that you call me by my real name.” She replied with a wave of her hand.
 
“And what is it?” Shannon asked, taking her in his arms.
 
She placed another soft kiss against his lips and smiled. “Kagome.”
 
Owari x
 
The ending really, really sucks because it was a little forced. I've been working on this for months now and I really needed to finish it, so sorry! Try not to be too harsh if you review.
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx