Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Behind a Mask (Kaoru) ❯ Kimiko Wakana, The Commoner ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The girl wandered on and off the territory of the ill-mannered Ouran Host Club. A new student would come in mind when you see her but a ghost is more likely to be deciphered. She would wonder through each corridor looking for her next class yet when she found it, none would dare say a word.
 
Next class she had to go was the cafeteria. She knew where it was since she had passed it a bunch of times. Slightly opening the door, she noticed that everyone was already in the cafeteria and also noticed a friend. Fujioka Haruhi.
 
Kimiko Wakana, before this whole rich-girl thing, was a commoner. Until a year ago her father had won a bet between the richest person in Japan who owned both trading routes in Europe and Spain and an electronic company. Three years before that, her mother had died due to leukemia. When the owner lost the bet, he paid an assassin to kill her father but he did not know of his daughter, Kimiko Wakana. Since she was old enough to inherit the riches, the previous owner was put to jail for assassination.
 
Haruhi walked up to Kimiko. Everyone in the cafeteria watched her walk up to the new student. With Kimiko's distinct yet hidden personality, everyone seemed to feel awkward around her but with a former friend, Haruhi felt nothing unordinary.
 
“Hey Kimiko, what are you doing here?”
 
Haruhi's voice seemed to be the same as the way she talks normally; there was no uncomfortable hint through it. Kimiko shrugged, telling her that it was father's wish. Everyone in the `commoner's school' knew of Kimiko's father's death. Everyone thought it was such a tragic experience.
 
“But even so, you wouldn't need money to be in since you took the test and passed right.”
 
Kimiko smiled and nodded in agreement. Yes, she too the test with Haruhi and passed with a 100, just like Haruhi yet it was not because she studied, it was because it was in her DNA. Both she and her mother were smart without having the need to study. Haruhi took her hand and lead her through the crowd and sat Kimiko across from her seat.
 
Kimiko noticed Haruhi's host club clothing. Guessing, Kimiko knew that she broke something that was very expensive. Haruhi would always do that when she was at her house so it didn't surprise Kimiko that much.
 
“Clumsy as ever, Haru-chan”
 
“Oi, Haruhi, who is that?”
 
A set of twin came up behind Haruhi. Hikaru and Kaoru were their names. They were also known as the `incest twins' during the host club. Kimiko looked away. She never did have much eye contact, strangers and friends alike. It was part of her nature. Kaoru looked carefully at the girl's expression. He noticed that she looked cheerless but had a relaxed demeanor. That was unlike Hikaru; he'd much rather see how Kimiko acted around them rather than pay attention to expressions and voice.
 
“This is Kimiko. She is my friend,”
 
Kimiko turned her head to face the twins leaning across the table. She smiled a warming smile and greeted the twin with a simple hello, guessing that it would suffice. Since Kimiko had such a relaxed demeanor, she had n trouble hiding her emotions around others and had such ability as to fake them as well.
 
Kimiko's eyes sharpened as she leaned her head back and a plate of caviar was thrown directly toward her. The group turned to the direction of where the caviar was being thrown at. It appears to be thrown by a girl with short brown hair. Her name was Ayame; she was the daughter of the father who is in jail, or in short, Kimiko's enemy.