Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Blessing in Disguise ❯ Tamaki's Proposistion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Story Summary: Haruhi's father dies due to his newly developed drunken tendancies that leave to much alchol in his system, leaving a depressed Haruhi and an overprotective Host Club. Each of them decide to stay at her house for a week at a time for one month. Will their weirdness make her go insane or will it do Haruhi some good?

Pairings: There might be some, haven't decided yet...

Disclaimer: I do not own the origanal plot/characters of Ouran High School Host Club (if I did it would be amazing because I can't draw worth crap and don't have an origanal thought in my brain...) Bisco Hatori (who doesn't draw worth crap) does. I on the other hand own the plot of this fanfiction.

Author's Note: I'm aiming towards comedy...despite the serious tone of the first chapter. Whaddya expect? This is Ouran High School Host Club we're talking abour ;P

Chapter 1: Tamaki's Proposition

Chapter Summary: When Haruhi comes to school with another injury which is assumed to be self inflicted the Host Club decides to take matters into their own hands.

They knew. It was painfully obvious. They paid more attention to what went on at her home. She always seemed to feel an ever present eye on her back. That's why she began to do it in the closet. It was her drug, it was her one way of coping with her drunk father and non-existant mother. She'd sit in the closet, adding two scars every day her father would come home drunk and yell at her. That was when he died, a mere two weeks after she started cutting and she had a total of twelve scars on her wrists, six on each arm. To much alchol in his system. She came to school, as usual as if nothing happened, but they knew. So when she came to school with a bump on her head along with a scratch on top they began to say something.

"Haruhi, how'd you get that scratch?" Hikaru asked the girl as they finished up the club activities for the day. It was agreed on during lunch that day that Hikaru would be the one to bring it up, due to him being her boyfriend. She turned to him.

"I accidently smacked my head against the door frame. Nothing more." Haruhi replied as she finished washing the plates and teacups used during that day. Hikaru sighed. "That's the truth and you know it."

"Eh? What do you mean Haruhi?" Hikaru asked her in reply to her brash statement. Haruhi glared at him. He knew very well what she meant, he just was going to play innocent until she exposed him.

"You all have been spying on me and stalking me for the past four months. Why?!" Haruhi exclaimed. Hikaru turned to the other members of the host club. Kyouya decided to say something.

"When you roll up your sleeves to clean, there fading but we can still see them." the young man pointed out bluntly. It was her against the four of them; Tamaki, Kyouya, Hikaru, and Kaoru. Hunny and Mori were graduated and were in college.

"What's your point? It's my body and I can do what I want to it." Haruhi snapped back in reply. She was outraged at her friends' caring attitudes. She hated it. She wasn't the girl they all had to protect. "Listen, I've stopped. The bang to my forehead was just an accident. The cutting though has stopped." she told them as gently as her outrage allowed her too.

"Haruhi, we care though...we have our reasons to worry about you." Kaoru told her. Haruhi turned to him and frowned. She had shown no one any sign of what had been going on in her home. "...for the past three months Hikaru and I have seen you come into class and it's so painfully obvious that the only thing that's keeping you awake are the four energy drinks you had that morning."

"Maybe I like energy drinks." Haruhi told the boy angrily. "You guys aren't my fathers, my father died months ago. Or at least, the father I knew, the man that I lived with a months ago was not my father." the mixed-bag look the host club recieved from her was sad, depressed, frustrated, guilty, and outraged wrapped into one. That was when Tamaki made the offer.

"Haruhi, would you mind making a deal with me?" Tamaki asked Haruhi. She shrugged, then came to realize, Tamaki wasn't acting like himself.

"Hai...Tamaki-senpai." she replied, her nervousness making her gag on her own breath.

"Due to the fact that partly, none of us really trust you...expect somewhere between one and three of us to be staying at your home each week until you graduate." Tamaki told her. "By the way, you have no choice." he finished with a smirk. Haruhi scowled.

1...

2...

3...

4...

5 ...

-Haruhi's Inner Mind Theatre-

"NO! SENPAI DON'T TOUCH THAT!" Haruhi yelled as a little chibi style five-year-old Tamaki, without realizing, laid his hand on a stove top burner.

"Hikaru! Kaoru! Let the neighbor's cat go!" She yelled yet again at two little chibi style five-year-old Hikaru and Kaoru.

"Thank you for being so well behaved Kyouya-senpai." Haruhi said gratfully to a little chibi style five-year-old version of Kyouya sat quietly on a chair, writing in his budget ledger.

-This Has Been A Haruhi's Inner Mind Theatre Production-

Haruhi paused for a second and looked at her friends. They were the sweetest bunch of guys and they had hearts of gold, but why did it always seem they tried their hardest to make her life a living hell?

~~~

Author's Note: How do you like it so far? I did my best to make Haruhi as much in character as I possibly could. I currently have writers block concerning the next chapter, but I'll post it as soon as I can! v(^^)