Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ For Your Eyes Only ❯ Of All the Thunders and the Storms ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]

For Your Eyes Only
by sanzo-reload
Disclaimer : I wish I own Ouran, but unfortunately, I don't. So, don't even think about suing me cos I definitely won't pay. Haha.. Anyway, all the unfamiliar names in this story are my original characters, which belong to me and only me. Thanks!
Author's Note : Free lollipops for everyone who reviewed the previous chapter :
(chapter17)
 
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
“Urghh..” I groaned as I knocked my head on the table in frustration. Lifting my head a little, I took a brief glance to the vast amount of paper on my table. “Why the hell is there so much paper in here?
It was already the second week into the summer vacation, but here I was, stuck alone in my office when most of the people my age were having fun at the beach or something.
Oh, I blamed the bad karma on this!
Anyway, I was about to dive into the oceans of papers once again when my secretary's voice suddenly intervened. “President, Mikihara Hideki-sama is waiting to see you.”
I tried hard not to roll my eyes. “Tell him I'm not in,” I said simply, but when I heard the door to my office violently opened, I knew that my day was only on the verge of being the worst ever.
Sighing deeply, I started calmly, “Ah, what a pleasant surprise, Hideki,” I faked a smile.
He snorted. “You're not so bright after all, Yukiya.”
“I prefer you address me by the term President,” I retorted, with an obvious frown on my face. “And no, I don't appreciate it when people started to question my intelligence.”
“I don't need to when the said intelligence is on such a low par,” he spat back and ensconced himself on the vacant seat in front of me. “So, engaged to Ootori's second son, huh?”
“What is it to you?”
To tell you the truth, I'm disappointed. I think it would much more interesting if Ootori Kyouya is to be my contender, don't you think?” he replied sardonically.
I gave him a glare. “And why is that?”
“It's just much more fun to break a real couple rather than a two separate being that were tied by something as superficial as an arranged marriage,” he sneered, clearly gauging my reaction, then he continued. “Then, I can have the satisfaction of having you to myself after beating only the best!”
“I don't get what you're trying to say, Hideki. Just spit it all out, why don't you?”
He shook his head in disbelief. Of what, I have no freaking idea. “Here, let me make this as simple as it can be. You guys are attracted to each other. Anybody with eyes can see that.”
Then, that anybody must be lacking something that we'd like to call `eyes'! Talking about fiancée, what about your fiancée then? What is she in this? I doubt she'll be happy to hear that you're still pinning for me, who is your cousin no less.
A sly grin swept across his dark face. “She's just a toy that I would dump aside after I'm finished with her. Besides, it's not like we're really related. I'm adopted by your uncle, remember? Why? Jealous?”
I snorted. “To be jealous, I have to care, which I don't!”
He got up from his seat toward the door, only to turn around and gave me a final threat. “If I can't have you, nobody will, Yukiya. Remember that.” Then, he left.
If I didn't know better, I would have thought that he was just kidding.
But, in my case, I knew better than anyone else.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Normal POV)
“Haruhi has gone missing?” Kaoru reiterated the blond King's words.
“YES, AND I COULDN'T CONTACT HER AT ALL!!” Tamaki screamed into the phone. “I MEAN, NOT AT ALL!!”
“Noooooooo…..” Hunny cried into the phone hysterically.
“Calm down, Tamaki!” Kyouya interrupted him in between his dramatic paranoia. “As much as like hearing you spurting out nonsense out of your mouth, Haruhi is actually in Karuizawa.”
“Karuizawa?” Tamaki said, not seeming to digest the information that the so-called kidnapped and bankrupt daughter, who was supposedly on the run, was in fact in Karuizawa.
“What the hell is she doing there?” Hikaru asked curiously. “Did she even have money to go there?”
“It's settled then. Kyouya, we're going there at noon today!” Tamaki decided.
A small, but calculating smile played on Kyouya's handsome feature. “Sure. No problem.”
“Hey dono, don't decide on your own!” Kaoru and Hikaru yelled.
“This might be fun!” Hunny yelped in excitement while Mori just nodded his head, ignoring the fact that the rest of the Host Club couldn't possibly see his gesture since they were all just talking on the phone.
“By the way, did any of you contacted Yukiya since the summer started?” Kyouya suddenly asked.
The line fell silent. “No,” all of them said in unison. “Why?”
Kyouya frowned. “Nothing. I couldn't seem to contact her at all lately. That's all.”
The twins gave each other a knowing glance, before Hikaru said, “That's all? Are you sure you don't miss her?”
Kyouya smirked back. “And if I said I do?”
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Kyouya POV)
“And if I said I do?” I said into the phone.
Although I couldn't see the reaction from the twins, I can almost fathom all the possibilities that were running through their mind at this time of the day.
.. and none of them would bring any merit to me.
“If you're done interrogating, I would like to hang up the phone and get back to my work,” I said curtly, closing my cell phone and stuck it into my pocket.
I was about to get back to the paperwork that was lying on the desk in front of me, but my mind seemed to wander off to a particular event that took place a week before.
(Flashback)
It was quite a rare occasion for the Ootori Family to be eating together for dinner. And tonight was no exception. With the presence of Yoshio, Yushi, Akito, Fuyumi and her husband, Kyouya somehow knew that tonight would be different than any other family dinner (which mostly comprised of business talks) after all.
His suspicion deemed to be correct as Ootori Yoshiostood up and held his tall wine glass high into the air. “Before we indulged in our dinner, I think I should spread the good news first, right, Akito?”
Kyouya saw his brother nodded his head, a small smile played on his lips.
After much negotiation and proposition, Akito is engaged to the heir of Mikihara Construction Company, Mikihara Yukiya,” he toasted.
Yushi laughed. “Great effort, Akito,” he patted Akito's back. “It's called for celebration!”
“Akito and Yukiya, huh?” he snorted at how idiotic this whole arrangement sounded.
“Something you would like to voice out, Kyouya?” his father askedhimsternly.
He nodded solemnly, clutching the tall glass tightly in his hand, which went unnoticed by the rest of family, except for Fuyumi who was now eyeing him with great interest.
With a fake smile on his face, he brought up the glass and said, “Congratulation, Akito-niisama.”
(End of flashback)
“I wonder what Akito has in his mind..” I thought to myself.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
You know what I hate besides dressing up for men?
.. It's dressing up for the man you were supposed to be engaged to.
Trust me. It made all the difference in the world.
Pulling my short hair into a messy bun, I went into the dining room, completely adorned from head to toe with traditional Japanese kimono.
Whoever invented these must have had a strong feeling of disdain toward the womankind. I could barely walk in it.
I sat beside my grandmother, while in front of us was the head of Ootori family in flesh, whereby my so-called fiancée was nowhere in sight.
I gritted my teeth in annoyance after almost 30 minutes of waiting for someone who was not even trying to show that he was committed to whatever hell I was doing right now. I was seriously wasting my life away.
“I apologized for my son's tardiness. It is inexcusable, for my part that is,” Ootori Yoshio finally spoken up, looking at me directly.
I nodded slightly. “He deserved to get his eyes poked with fork for not being able to see the time,” I muttered quietly under my breath, which earned myself a pinch on the thigh, courtesy of my grandmother. Ootori Yoshio, on the other hand, seemed amused more than anything else at my retort.
After finally one hour of waiting, Ootori Yoshio's cell phone rang. Instead of normal people greeting of a hello, he went off with, “WHERE ARE YOU NOW, AKITO?
I flinched at his sudden outburst. What the hell? If he speaks any louder, I swear that my eardrums would bleed.
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SEND HER TO KARUIZAWA?!” he continued the conversation, still in deafening voice.
Oh yeah,go on. Just pretend that we were not even here.
After a series of screaming and yelling of profanities, only then he hung up the phone and looked at me seriously.
“I'm so sorry, but it seemed that my son has an inevitable meeting right now,” he started.
I gaped at him. What the hell was that supposed to mean? My grandmother, on the other hand, just nodded briefly at his comment. “I understand.”
“But I don't! Don't tell me that I waited here for nothing!” I spat, the feeling of anger imbued me.
“That is why he has already arranged a helicopter for you to meet him at Ootori Summer House in Karuizawa,” he spoke again in calm demeanor.
“Karuizawa?”
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Haruhi POV)
Did I tell you how fun my summer vacation was?
Well, I don't need to since it was not so fun anymore with the rest of the Host Club suddenly decided to spend their summer vacation in Karuizawa.
“Seriously, I don't get it. Why do you guys like to protrude into my private life so much?” I complained to them. “Does it give you joy?”
“No, Haruhi. As a father, I just wanted to know that you're safe.. bla.. bla.. bla..” Tamaki-senpai started.
Okay, he did not say all those stuff, but who was listening? Not me obviously. I decided to turn a deaf ear after the word `no'. Coming from him, it would be just another lame and pathetic excuse.
“Where's Yukiya though?” I asked, directing the question to Kyouya-senpai.
He shrugged. “Weird. You always know where we are,” I replied, giving him a suspicious glance.
Just when I thought they were going to leave me alone, Misuzu-san decided to ran so-called `Refreshing Battle' to get the only room in the pension, which completely turned my summer into a living nightmare.
Where's the justice when you need them?
“Welcome to Misuzu's Pension,” I heard the twins greeted the blushing girls and escorted them to their room.
I rolled my eyes at the sight and sighed loudly.
Obviously, not here.
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
Ootori Summer House,
Karuizawa, Japan.
As ridiculous as it sounded, I still took a three hours helicopter ride all the way to Karuizawa. Much to my dismay, my grandmother and Ootori Yoshio decided not to tag along with me in this trip.
Where was the busybody grandmother when you needed her the most?
I shifted uncomfortably under the intense gaze of none other than my fiancé himself, Ootori Akito.
“Are you done staring? Can we actually get to main point now?” I said a little too impatiently.
He smirked. “Whatever you say, Yukiya-san.”
From his jet black hair, brown eyes and countenance, one can easily mistaken him for Kyouya-senpai. But unlike Kyouya-senpai, he was not wearing glasses and looked slightly older than him.
He then glided a folder to me, which I hesitantly opened to see. “Engagement Contract?” I shot him a questioning look.
“I like to think of everything as business,” he answered me with a shrug.
Is this the reason why you arranged this meeting? Without your father and my grandmother around?” I replied, my eyes skimming through the pages.
You see right through me. I don't think this will be such a great topic to be discussed in front of our guardian, right?” he answered me, the continued, “To say it simply, I give you financial support and you give me half of your shares in the company. Then, we'll call it a deal,” he continued, not missing a beat.
I stared at him. “Wait a minute. You want half of my shares? That's ridiculous! What made you think that I will accept this deal?”
He leaned back against his chair. “Aren't you trying gain the favor of the board of directors? I heard your cousin has already secured the financial prospect of your company if he is to be the next president. How about you then?”
I gulped. He was right. I was completely unprepared to fight against Hideki. He was way more experienced that I was. Damn it!
“You'll give me some time to think about it, right?”
“Sure, but you only got one and a half month left right? Don't take too long to think about it,” he replied casually. “Now, if you excuse me, I have another meeting to attend to,” he added, sitting up from his chair.
“Wait, what about me?”
I'm sure my brother would be glad to assist you on that, right, Kyouya?” he said to no one I particular.
At least, that was what I thought. Well, not until I saw Kyouya-senpai emerged from behind a huge tree in the garden. What the heck? How long have he been here?
“Kyouya-senpai?”
“You could've just said hi to us rather than standing there for so long, Kyouya,” Akito greeted him.
Kyouya-senpai just smirked at his brother greeting. “I wouldn't want to disturb you.”
“Sure, you are,” Akito replied, now gathering the files on the table into his bag. “I take it that you won't mind for me to leave her in your care.”
“Sure.”
Just as he finished packing his things, he walked to my side and without warning, leaned down and planted a small kiss on my cheek. I, on the other hand, let out a squeal because of the shock. With a grin, he waved and bid his goodbye to me, “See you later, Yukiya-san.”
I braved a glance at Kyouya-senpai whose smirk suddenly turned into a frown as he watched his brother walked into the house. I cocked my head to a side to see his face clearly. “Are you okay?”
His eyes left his brother and met mine. “Yes, of course. What do you want to do now?”
“I want to go home.”
“That's quite impossible now.”
“Why?!”
“If you were to use your eyes, you will notice that the skies are turning dark, which indicates that a storm is coming. I can't make the helicopter fly in this condition.”
I sighed. “What am I supposed to do here? I don't even bring any spare of clothes,” I complained.
“You can use mine.”
I raised my eyebrows at his offer. “Really? At what pricetag, if I'm not too blunt to ask?”
I saw his lips forming a smirk. “If you insist, I don't mind putting a price on my clothes.”
“You're so impossible, you know. Oh, by the way, where am I supposed to stay? I supposed you already booked a room in any hotel around here?”
“What are you talking about? You're staying here of course.”
I gulped at his response, but I braved myself to ask. “Here where?”
“At Ootori Summer House.” I swore that I saw a smile on his lips.
“Hah, with you? No way!”
We're not going to be alone. There are maids and all in the house.”
I blushed at what he was implying. “No, that's not what I mean. What I mean is that.. er.. that-”
Without waiting for my answer, he grabbed me by the hands and pulled me into the house.
Oh man, why did this have to happen to me?
: o : o : o : o : o :
(Yukiya POV)
I checked my reflection in the mirror for the millionth times. “How come he doesn't look as big as his shirt?” I muttered to myself.
The shirt Kyouya-senpai `lent' me was a little too big for my body frames that it reached all the way to my knees. His short however was a little too short that it only covered half of my thigh, which of course, didn't make much difference if I were to wear nothing at all.
If I didn't know him any better, I would've thought that he was planning all of these, but since I knew him perfectly, I realized he was doing this just to annoy the hell out of me.
I made my way down the stairs and into the dinner hall. I saw Kyouya-senpai was already seated in front of his dinner. I slid into my seat in the opposite of his.
I looked around, only to notice that the maids were no longer around. “Er, where are the maids?”
He dug into his dinner, barely looking at me and answered. “I send them off early today. I thought that they might need a break.”
I looked at him in disbelief. “You chose tonight of all nights to send them off early? What? Have you finally decided to turn into a decent human being?”
“Why are you so worried?” he replied, his dull gaze met mine.
Damn it! Why do I have to get so worked out for having to stay under the same roof as him?
I shifted a little uncomfortably in my seat. “I am not worried, okay. Whatever,” I replied lamely as I began to eat the food.
: o : o : o : o : o :
Ah, what a lovely night.
.. Not!
No matter how much I twisted and turned on my bed, I just couldn't get myself to close my eyes and go to sleep.
“Okay, that's it!” I mumbled to myself as I went up from my bed and unconsciously went downstairs. I ensconced myself in the sofa in front of the plasma TV and before I managed to turn on the TV, I was greeted by none other than the Shadow King himself.
“What are still doing up?” he said, seating himself right beside me on the couch. One of his hands was holding a mug and the other was holding a book.
“Couldn't sleep. You?” I replied nonchalantly, switched on the TV at the same time.
He shrugged and continued to read his book. We stayed there in silence, he busying himself with the book, while I busying myself with changing the TV channel.
“Is that brother?”
Flip.
“DIE, YOU PUNY IDIOT!”
Flip.
“I love you!”
Flip.
“Oh, come on. We are never going to change anything by standing here. Let's g-”
BAM!
I startled, jerking the remote control off my lap.
And the lights went out and the TV screen had gone blank as well.
Oh my God, was the power out?
Have anyone told you that I hated the dark? Yeah, that's the whole truth. So, when I saw everything around me turned pitch black, I got kind of scared. Well not really, I got really really scared.
My breath quickened and I decided to grab anything that's close to me, which at that time turned out to be Kyouya-senpai's arm.
“Sorry, I can't see anything,” I stuttered.
“Rest assured that you're not in any way blind,” he retorted sarcastically.
Did he have to be sarcastic at this time of the year?
Getting on my shaken legs, I decided to go to the kitchen to search for torch or candle.
“Where are you going?”
“Searching for candles, duh!” I replied a little too harsh, feeling my way over to the kitchen.
“It's just a shock. It'll come back sooner or later,” he answered me. Although I couldn't see him, I knew that he made no attempt to actually help me to find the candles.
“Urgh.. You're so useless!” I groaned I frustration as I fumbled for the knob of the kitchen drawer. When I couldn't find what I wanted, I rushed over to another drawer, opened it, felt my way through the contents and stifled a groan.
It wasn't there. Great, now I am really going to die!
I turned around to search for another drawer, only to find that Kyouya-senpai was already in front of me.
“Damn it, you scared the shit out of me,” I smacked him hard on the arm.
“Sorry, didn't know that you are so jumpy today,” he replied. Although I couldn't see his face clearly, I knew very well that he was wearing a smirk on his face.
“Whatever. Will you just move out of the way?” I said, pushing him aside.
Well, I think trying would be more suitable in my case since he did not bulged at all. Now that I mentioned it that I realized the close proximity between us. I was trapped between him and the kitchen cabinet and naturally, I blushed red.
I turned to look at his hands at my sides and realized that he was reaching for something on the cabinet.
Instinctively, I looked up to him to ask, but all I saw was his face leaning closer into mine.
.. And a second later, his lips collided with mine.
: o : o : o : o : o :
Author's note : Ah, please don't kill me that I decided to end this chapter here!! Sorry, and I know that I'm evil! Mwhahahaa.. Anyway, I want to apologized for such a late update, but yaay, I'm now officially on my one week break starting from today. So, hope you're happy that I finally updated. I promised that I will update again sometimes next week before my break actually finished so it won't be long until you get to know what will happen between Kyouya and Yukiya!
Interesting, isn't it?
Anyway, please leave your review because that's what keep me going!
I'm signing off now. Peace to the world!